The reason I stick with a console

I like a lot about the PS eco system and always have had them around even when I was more involved on PC. Exclusives, the same multiplats and trophies, there's a few reasons I prefer it. But does it really matter where you game? Nope. Play on what you like.

Now I get enough using PC at work so from a mindset point of view I don't really want to game on PC when home. I might build another when/if I work in a less Desk orientated position who knows. And no you don;t need to upgrade it every few years if you spend wisely. Always see that silly argument. 

Edited by VitalFury

I don't care where I game to be honest, just use my PS4 cos I spent too much money on it and my graphics card is poop. Only exclusives on either side that interest me are Gears and Ratchet (maybe Horizon, we'll see). But, yeah, basically most exclusives aren't that great for me.

Nope, I like not buying a new system every 2 years just to meet spec requirements.

:S Why would you need to do that? :S If your PC is a decent amount of more powerful than the current consoles, you will always be able to play the games better on that PC. No need to upgrade. You may need to upgrade after some few years if you want to run at max settings etc, but the consoles won't be performing better than the "old" PC...

I don't care where I game to be honest, just use my PS4 cos I spent too much money on it and my graphics card is poop. Only exclusives on either side that interest me are Gears and Ratchet (maybe Horizon, we'll see). But, yeah, basically most exclusives aren't that great for me.

Did you try Bloodborne yet? Resogun for PS4 is great. N++ is great too, but that game is coming for Steam at some point.

• Like 1

:S Why would you need to do that? :S If your PC is a decent amount of more powerful than the current consoles, you will always be able to play the games better on that PC. No need to upgrade. You may need to upgrade after some few years if you want to run at max settings etc, but the consoles won't be performing better than the "old" PC...

That's why I was getting at, I don't want to have to buy a PC every 2-3 years to run my game at it's best. 

• Like 1

This is true. Also PC gamers can play a couple of generations on 1 machine, we need to switch to a different console to play the good oldies ;)

• Like 1

That's why I was getting at, I don't want to have to buy a PC every 2-3 years to run my game at it's best. 

Run games at their best? Well, the same games will be running better on that old PC without upgrading it than on the console if the PC was better than the console in the first place. It's just to turn down some few settings the console version doesn't use either, and the game will still look and run better on the PC. :S What I was talking about was why people upgrade. People buy new hardware to make the games look and run even better than what the old PC they had does, even if that old PC runs the games even better than the console.

This is true. Also PC gamers can play a couple of generations on 1 machine, we need to switch to a different console to play the good oldies ;)

I've certain old PC games I've massive issues running on my current PC. :( We're talking Win 95-98 games. You can usually play DOS games in DOSBox or something, but I've had serious issues with games meant for Win 95-98.

Edited by MMDE

Run games at their best? Well, the same games will be running better on that old PC without upgrading it than on the console if the PC was better than the console in the first place. It's just to turn down some few settings the console version doesn't use either, and the game will still look and run better on the PC. :S

Yes but A lot of PC games, are PC only. A lot of those PC only games require great specs, and the only place to play it is on the PC. I don`t want to buy a new system every 2-3 years to play a PC only game. 

I remember like Years(!) ago, I had a PC and I loved playing games on it. I needed a new graphics card and ram, and everything to play a new game. So I ended up getting a new PC to play it. Within a year of buying my new PC My new games I recently bought weren't because my Graphics card didn't support some sort of new shading that came out. Cel Shading, or some weird new shading they came out with, so I needed a PC. So I got a new graphics card just for that instead of buying a New PC, it worked for a short until 3d model rendering came out, and I needed an upgrade AGAIN. I said fuck it, and stayed exclusively console. <---- You never experience this shit with a console.

I've certain old PC games I've massive issues running on my current PC. :( We're talking Win 95-98 games. You can usually play DOS games in DOSBox or something, but I've had serious issues with games meant for Win 95-98.

A couple of generations :P not all generations ;) But yeah DOSBox usually fixes the unlimited FPS games.

Did you try Bloodborne yet? Resogun for PS4 is great. N++ is great too, but that game is coming for Steam at some point.

Bloodborne was ok, but I'm not a massive fan of the Souls series. I like the series, but none of the games were outstanding for me. Also, in my opinion they haven't been able to better Demon's.

I've tried a small amount of Resogun - It isn't for me, felt way too repetitive for my liking. It's solid technically though, so I can understand why people love it, if they're into that style of game.

Not played N+++, but again it didn't appeal to me.

I remember like Years(!) ago, I had a PC and I loved playing games on it. I needed a new graphics card and ram, and everything to play a new game. So I ended up getting a new PC to play it. Within a year of buying my new PC My new games I recently bought weren't because my Graphics card didn't support some sort of new shading that came out. Cel Shading, or some weird new shading they came out with, so I needed a PC. So I got a new graphics card just for that instead of buying a New PC, it worked for a short until 3d model rendering came out, and I needed an upgrade AGAIN. I said fuck it, and stayed exclusively console. <---- You never experience this shit with a console.

When was this again? Mid 90s?

Yes but A lot of PC games, are PC only. A lot of those PC only games require great specs, and the only place to play it is on the PC. I don`t want to buy a new system every 2-3 years to play a PC only game.

This just isn't true.

Bloodborne was ok, but I'm not a massive fan of the Souls series. I like the series, but none of the games were outstanding for me. Also, in my opinion they haven't been able to better Demon's.

I've tried a small amount of Resogun - It isn't for me, felt way too repetitive for my liking. It's solid technically though, so I can understand why people love it, if they're into that style of game.

Not played N+++, but again it didn't appeal to me.

Didn't find Bloodborne on your profile. :o

Resogun might take a couple of runs before you really like it in my experience. The DLCs really extended on the gameplay too. The MP stuff was fun too.

N++ is definitely not for everyone I guess, but if you are at all into 2D platformers, that's pretty much a must-own PS4 title IMO. :)

Edited by MMDE

When was this again? Mid 90s?

Late 90`s, VERY beginning of 2000`s. Yes, but it still haunts me to this day. I`ve been strictly a console gamer since early 2000`s, except for Civilization with the wife, it`s the one game series my computer did run, and we loved it.

Didn't find Bloodborne on your profile. :o

Resogun might take a couple of runs before you really like it in my experience. The DLCs really extended on the gameplay too. The MP stuff was fun too.

N++ is definitely not for everyone I guess, but if you are at all into 2D platformers, that's pretty much a must-own PS4 title IMO. :)

Ahh played Bloodborne before I started this account to replay stuff - Cobby1995 :P

Resogun might be on my US account rather than Cobby - CountryCobby - cos I'm great with names xD

Edited by LetsTurnJu-On

Run games at their best? Well, the same games will be running better on that old PC without upgrading it than on the console if the PC was better than the console in the first place. It's just to turn down some few settings the console version doesn't use either, and the game will still look and run better on the PC. :S What I was talking about was why people upgrade. People buy new hardware to make the games look and run even better than what the old PC they had does, even if that old PC runs the games even better than the console.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Steam-Survey-Most-PC-Gamers-Have-Weaker-PCs-Than-PS4-Xbox-One-58833.html

"Steam Survey: Most PC Gamers Have Weaker PCs Than PS4, Xbox One"

a pc in low settings is not better than a next gen console at all, i have a macbook from 2011 and if i want to play a 2016 or gta 5 i need to upgrade and waste money on a new laptop, which i'm not going to do since i have my ps4 who will let me play every next gen game for years to come.

like with my ps3 which i have since 2006 and i can play 2015/2016 games, you can't do that with a 2006's pc.

You only have to do that with laptops. With a desktop you can just replace certain parts like the motherboard, etc. and man, definitely not after 2-3 years unless you play a lot or don't have a decent cooling system.

However, all of that also depends on how smart a person is when buying or making said stuff.

Edited by Lord_of_Ra
  • Like 1

You only have to do that with laptops. With a desktop you can just replace certain parts like the motherboard, etc. and man, definitely not after 2-3 years unless you play a lot or don't have a decent cooling system.

However, all of that also depends on how smart a person is when buying or making said stuff.

This was late 90`s, early 2000`s. A New computer cost 600-800$ or 200-300$ for JUST the Video card, it was easier to buy a new comp since it came with everything. 

Why switch? Why wouldn't owning both be an option, like it is today?

Personally speaking, having both is a recipe for bad behavior on my part. xD

My mood from "which I want to play a game on" switches almost daily.  Which led to be buying multiple copies of games like Dying Light, The Witcher 3 and Fallout 4 (most intriguing new releases really).  Why?  Because both have their benefits.  The games look nicer on my PC, but run more stable and more reliably on console.  Some days I can't access the consoles in the living room (due to living situations), but I always have access to my PC, though my study becomes a hotbox in the summer with no hopes of relief until I move (which is happening sooner rather than later).  My living room recliner and 55" HDTV is more comfortable to game on anyways.  I want to collect trophies if I spend time on a game, but Steam has achievements too, but they're less fun and dependent on games actually releasing on Steam (or a platform with some variant of trophies and achievements).  But maybe I shouldn't care about trophies anyways... it's not like I'll ever get them all anyways. xD

Owning both is dangerous and expensive for someone like me, severely indecisive with disposable income and who knows the pro's and con's of both sides too well for my own good.  Buying new consoles, buying new PC parts, buying new games... sometimes several times.  Which is why I've been personally struggling to choose one or the other for a while now, though I feel it's in my best interest to do so.

Eventually my PC will outdate itself, being considerably more complicated, frustrating and expensive to overhaul than a simple console purchase, and make the decision easier (which has already started by running Quantum Break poorly even on low settings), but like the OP, exclusives play a role in my decision-making as well.  If I have to choose one, it should be the one with the best games for me, right? :)

Edited by Dreakon13