Sequels That You Don't Think Should Exist

LeeMcD-

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Short, lacklustre story full of plot holes, little to no improvements in comparison to the original & lack of replay value due to lack of gameplay modes & no incentives to play the game a second time (unless trophies are enough of an incentive, which isn't the case with me). I will admit that I am not a Star Wars fan, but I thoroughly enjoyed the first Force Unleashed game.

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 - This game just feels so incomplete and unbalanced to me, it is in my opinion, definitely one of the worst 2D fighters I have played, and I have almost zero motivation to play this game again (I might play if it I get truly bored and can't think of anything else to do).

Edited by Blanc_WhiteHeart

I wouldn´t say left for dead is a horror game ..

What makes it less of a horror game than say, Resident Evil 5, or even Dead Space? There aren't really any real horror games these days, at least that I have seen/played. That is why I said modern 'horror'. Going back to a great horror game, Silent Hill 2, I think that if co-op were done really well, it could have made that game just as good as it was, if not that little bit more frightening and suspenseful.

Manhunt 2:

After the hoopla surrounding the first game, Rockstar were never going to have the creative licence to make the sequel they wanted, as every little move was being monitored by every type of legislator and the angry mother demographic. Personally, I'm a huge fan of the original; I thought it was a well-written game that didn't sugar-coat the situation the gamer was in. So, when talk of a sequel started I was apprehensive as I knew it'd be a watered-down, restrained version of the original. And that's exactly what it was.

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and Assassin's Creed: Revelations:

Both failed to continue the good work of Assassin's Creed II and throughout I couldn't help the feeling that they were rushed and released merely to keep an Assassin's Creed on the market until the third game was released.

All I can think of at the moment, must have a look in my games' collection.

What makes it less of a horror game than say, Resident Evil 5, or even Dead Space? There aren't really any real horror games these days, at least that I have seen/played. That is why I said modern 'horror'. Going back to a great horror game, Silent Hill 2, I think that if co-op were done really well, it could have made that game just as good as it was, if not that little bit more frightening and suspenseful.

I beleive the developers of RE5 have called this 'modern horror' genre 'action horror'. I think Left 4 Dead and Dead Space fit this well too.

yakuza 4

Surely you bring Yakuza 4 up for its split character thing, right? I thought the rest of it was pretty fabulous. I wasn't a fan of the 4 character stories either at first, but I did appreciate 4 different styles of gameplay (mainly fighting). The split characters thing was probably the thing I liked least about the game, even if I didn't mind it so much as I progressed in the game. Certainly miss 13+ chapters of pure Kazzy action. I will say the stories interweave pretty good though.

The Force Unleashed 2: Compared to the 1st (which at least had a pretty good storyline) it was pure crap.

Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust: THE WORST GAME I've ever played. And what adds insult to injury is that there are many younger people who have no idea who larry was before this crap, and now will never care as the will assume the old games were bad too.

Manhunt 2:

After the hoopla surrounding the first game, Rockstar were never going to have the creative licence to make the sequel they wanted, as every little move was being monitored by every type of legislator and the angry mother demographic. Personally, I'm a huge fan of the original; I thought it was a well-written game that didn't sugar-coat the situation the gamer was in. So, when talk of a sequel started I was apprehensive as I knew it'd be a watered-down, restrained version of the original. And that's exactly what it was.

I kinda wanted to list Manhunt 2 myself, but I didn't think it was that bad. The executions were more gruesome, the graphics were slightly better, there were more weapons, you could execute with guns, you could execute with the environment etc... Definitely not as good as the first one. Manhunt was intense and had the awesome Brawl Game and Hard as Nails bonus games that I could seriously play forever. Manhunt 2 unfortunately had a weird story and those dumb acid trip censors that would screw with the executions.

There were some great levels that I loved replaying over and over just so I could use some of my favorite weapons like the ballpoint pen, power saw etc... (the bonesaw and tranquilizer gun were pretty cool too, but were only found in one level :( ). Almost all of the levels in M2 were awful. I hated going through the acting studio with the rednecks. Horrible, horrible levels.

I must be the only one to say this, but I personally didn't mind FF X-2. The battle system(while somewhat different) was similar to some of the older ones with the costume changing being similar to the different "classes" Sure, it wasn't the same as X because it was different. Most of them were different in their own way. Lots of people say they like XII more than all the others, but it was one my least favorite for straying away from random battles and having and ATB system.

Back on topic, I would have to say that Mario Bros. 2 was pretty bad (and a rip off at that :S) That being said, I still played it :blush:

Wow, Dragon Age 2 is catching a lot of heat here! To be honest, when I saw the title of the post, it was the first game I thought of, as well. I have kind of a love/hate relationship with it, though. In my opinion it's not in-and-of-itself a bad title -and I played the hell out of it-, but it didn't feel like a fitting successor to Origins. Maybe because it was too self-aware of it's Empire Strikes Back status as the 2nd in a trilogy, or maybe it's more of a Lion King 2 in that nothing it could have done would have lived up to the flag it was sailing under. I think it's more of a Mario 2 (US, not lost levels) in that it wasn't the same experience that people felt they were entitled to when the saw the box. Whatever the case, DA2 is my choice.

I might have defended it more, but it stiffed me on the supplier trophy, and I'm holding a grudge.

• Like 1

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - Let's face it, it's a pretty solid game but why was it released at full price?! This should have been a nice expansion pack (which games don't have anymore!!) or probably a reduced price since this isn't a major installment.

Assassin's Creed: Revelations - Bullshit game all around. This should have been an expansion to Brotherhood as the story sucks, the gameplay is the same, and the game is boring! Ezio is so damn annoying and I don't know why anyone likes him... Desmond always gets the short end of the stick and he's the protagonist?? :spank:

Zombie Apocalypse: Never Die Alone - This game just sucks. The first game sucked and the second aswell.

Saint's Row (All games) - I can't stand anything about SR. The second game was boring and I hate those open world games where you have to play side missions by progressing the story, plus those controls were terrible. SR3 was just bad all around with a story that was trying to be a revenge plot but then a comedic... GARBAGE. I don't have the words to describe it...

Driver: San Francisco - The game was boring. Bad story, bad side missions, bad open world... BAD EVERYTHING!! :angry:

Most of these games on this list managed to piss me off in one way or another (besides Brotherhood) and were just GARBAGE. Not even worthy of a bargain bin...

Dragon Age 2: a sequel that doesn't even compare to Orgins. Story was meh and the characters were uninteresting.

Star Wars the Force Unleashed 2: A game that had no purpose for its creation. Doesn't even further the story or expand upon the Star Wars universe.

Prince of Persia 4?: Throws everything that happens in the first three games out the window. Uninspired gameplay.

Edited by BloodyMarythe1st

Wow....The ACII "expansion packs" are getting the hate! I was just about to get into those games in anticipation of III. However, after hearing what you guys have to say, I have too many other games to waste my time with these games no matter how much I liked AC and ACII. For the record I fell in love with ACII. I felt that it was a perfect game. Yes, the trophies were easy, and that partially drew me in, but it was an amazing game in every way. It was truly a spectacular experience. However, I felt a little bit ticked off at the ending. Going all supernatural left a bitter taste in my mouth. I am very excited for III, but I think I will skip the expansion packs after hearing what you guys are saying. I want to know what happened to Ezio, so I will watch a youtube video or something. :)

In defense of Force Unleashed II. I genuinely had a blast with that game. I felt that it was an improvement over the original (which was very good). I will agree that the story was WAY TOO SHORT, but what was there was very fun. I got to kick-ass as a Jedi and that made me content. I also thought that visually the game was beautiful. I feel that a longer campaign and more work on the story and it would have been a masterpiece. It is a shame that Force Unleashed III is doubtful.

As for COD. True fans (such as myself) can tell that there are changes with ever release. It is the small things that they change every year that make the experience so awesome. While the campaigns follow a roller coaster format, they are still a blast to play. While people love to jump on the COD hate bandwagon, most people like COD. If not it would not be selling better and better every year. BLOPS II is already outpacing MW3 in preorders.

As for a sequel I think was unecessary I would say the upcoming Bad Piggies. I mean seriously Rovio is milking the franchise to death!!!! Those games are soooo boring! Another game would be Duke Nukem Forever. First of all, I like the game, but it is SOOOO outdated. Instead of working with the past, they should have made the game a complete reboot and not a continuation from a decade ago.

Another game would be Duke Nukem Forever. First of all, I like the game, but it is SOOOO outdated. Instead of working with the past, they should have made the game a complete reboot and not a continuation from a decade ago.

Nothing wrong with Duke Nukem and his 90's humor. I don't think anyone bought that game thinking it would be a masterpiece. (It hasn't been worked on for 12 years, more like 3 or so idk.) DNF was a decent title and I hope that someone will be interested in bringing him back the right way. The only thing that I didn't like is how it felt pretty clunky compared to other shooters. The graphics were not that great and I'm not one to complain about graphics. I've been a Duke fan since the N64 and PSOne days and I appreciated DNF.