We Play Life is Strange

Anyone who wants to join, you may use the Life is Strange sign up thread, until Sunday 15th May when it will be closed. If you want to send an enquiry after that date, send me a PM or use this thread here. Anyone who invades this thread breaking this simple request will likely be added to my ignore list and effectively banned from all future playthroughs, this also includes anyone who puts spoilers in the thread, beyond the point we've played up to.

This starts Friday May 13th, if you don't have the game I'll be uploading a full video playthrough of this, if you want to join in on discussion of the game, don't discuss anything beyond the current checkpoint. I have tried to remove every single trace of anything that seemed like it could be a spoiler so don't worry about getting spoilers reading through this post.

Before we start:

The platinum for this game can be obtained in one playthrough, but all collectibles can be obtained in collectible mode after beating the game, which is a special mode where your save states are not effected by you finding collectibles. Personally I'm not going to use a guide for collectibles and I'm just going to search throughly in my playthrough.

Guidelines:

1. We only play up to the agreed milestone, I think if we leave people behind the group will fall apart, if people fall behind we will continue, but i do hope he others will try to keep up.

2. If you do meet an agreed story milestone, try to focus on any collectibles.

3. Let us know in the thread if you meet a milestone so we can tell if everything is running smoothly, if you're having trouble with a boss or particular enemies try to ask in the thread first before consulting a guide, this is mainly to keep the talk on the game still open.

4. If you have any suggestions I'm completely open to them.

5. Anyone who wants to join, you may use the Dust: An Elysian Tail sign up thread, until Sunday 8th May when it will be closed. If you want to send an enquiry after that date, send me a PM. Anyone who invades this thread breaking this simple request will likely be added to my ignore list and effectively banned from all future playthroughs, this also includes anyone who puts spoilers in the thread, beyond the point we've played up to.

Group members:

Participants:

1. Superbuu3
  2. cjshaitan
  3. DJROE95
  4. monkeydluffy512
  5. NullRay85

Maybe:

1. Han_the_Dragon
  2. Vert
  3. zadorvp

Checkpoint 1: Beat episode 1 (Target Wednesday 18th May)

Checkpoint 2: Beat episode 2 (Target Saturday 21st May)

Episode 1: Chrysalis

Part 1

Collectibles: Photo 1

Part 2

Collectibles: Photo 2 , Photo 3, Photo 4

Part 3

Collectibles: Photo 5, Photo 6, Photo 7     

Edited by Superbuu3

Checkpoint 1: Beat chapters 1-5 of episode 1, I would highly recommend not playing through it too fast as from how people were most were super eager to get through the game. Suggested pacing is 1 chapter a day. Please do not spoiler anything. (Target Wednesday 18th May)

How are participants going to figure out which part of the game is chapter 5 in episode 1? It won't list chapters (that only happens in Collectible Mode and even then every different exterior/interior is counted separately) when you're playing for the first time and I'd imagine some would not even think a chapter had switched when it has (this already happened with the BioShock Infinite We Play as you may recall :P). Perhaps a clearer checkpoint would be more appropriate (optional photos is the only one I can think of right now) - or just setting up a period of time for people to complete the first episode during.

For those who do want to know what chapter 5 in episode 1 is, the PS4 version's Collectible Mode lists it as:

Girl's Dormitories (after "Dormitories" and before "Dormitories - With The Flash Drive", all of which are in the same part of the game but are separate since they are an exterior, interior, and the exterior again with a key item in inventory)

For not-as-much-of-a-spoiler, it is the area of the game where you take your 5th and 6th optional photos in episode 1.

How are participants going to figure out which part of the game is chapter 5 in episode 1? It won't list chapters (that only happens in Collectible Mode and even then every different exterior/interior is counted separately) when you're playing for the first time and I'd imagine some would not even think a chapter had switched when it has (this already happened with the BioShock Infinite We Play as you may recall :P). Perhaps a clearer checkpoint would be more appropriate (optional photos is the only one I can think of right now) - or just setting up a period of time for people to complete the first episode during.

For those who do want to know what chapter 5 in episode 1 is, the PS4 version's Collectible Mode lists it as:

Girl's Dormitories (after "Dormitories" and before "Dormitories - With The Flash Drive", all of which are in the same part of the game but are separate since they are an exterior, interior, and the exterior again with a key item in inventory)

For not-as-much-of-a-spoiler, it is the area of the game where you take your 5th and 6th optional photos in episode 1.

After googling seems there's only 5 chapters in episode 1. So i guess that should just be complete Episode 1.

• Like 1

After googling seems there's only 5 chapters in episode 1. So i guess that should just be complete Episode 1.

Is that according to Gamepressure :)? They just basically come up with their own chapter counts for walkthrough purposes (though in this case the 5 chapter count seems fairly well done with the exception of chapter 2 being one single area of the game which you could run through in under a minute if you didn't care about conversations/optional photos compared to the others being around two areas that require actually doing something). Either way "complete episode 1" probably really is the best checkpoint here ^^

I'll be done with that one later today so count me as checkpoint 1 completed, thank you :D

Is that according to Gamepressure :)? They just basically come up with their own chapter counts for walkthrough purposes (though in this case the 5 chapter count seems fairly well done with the exception of chapter 2 being one single area of the game which you could run through in under a minute if you didn't care about conversations/optional photos compared to the others being around two areas that require actually doing something). Either way "complete episode 1" probably really is the best checkpoint here ^^

I'll be done with that one later today so count me as checkpoint 1 completed, thank you :D

Thanks for clearing that up, I didnt realise any site would just arbitrarily label chapters lol, I thought there'd be a system. I probably will do it in a day or two as I'm playing Valkyria Chronicles at the moment.

• Like 1

Thanks for clearing that up, I didnt realise any site would just arbitrarily label chapters lol, I thought there'd be a system. I probably will do it in a day or two as I'm playing Valkyria Chronicles at the moment.

Checkpoint 1 cleared ^^ Doing my "bad/wrong choices" playthrough this time since I did the opposite on PS4.

• Like 1

Oh man, this game was a hell of a trip for me and my friends. I started playing while my roommate would study, but then she got sucked in to it. Then our friend stayed with us and everyone was getting in to it. Best played with others. Have fun!

Checkpoint 1 cleared ^^ Doing my "bad/wrong choices" playthrough this time since I did the opposite on PS4.

My exact plans as well, 

Downloading as we speak ........ my attention is currently captured by this stunning bottle of red but I will hit the first chapter tomorrow and looking forward to it

Discussion Points:

Checkpoint 1 (If you've played the game before try not to say anything that spoilers things)

1. Did you know what to expect from the game?

2. Have you been using the time mechanic to see both options before you decide? Has it impacted your decisions?

3. What has been the motivation for your choices self preservation/greater good/helping others/trying to do what you thought Max would/etc?

4. What was your first reaction to the shooting in the toilet? Did you have any clue you could do anything to stop it?

5. What are you tohughts on the following Characters:

a) Mr Jefferson

B) Victoria

c) Chloe

d) Nathan

e) Warren

f) David Madsen (security guard/step dad)

6. What decisions did you make and what was your logic behind the decision (these are all the choices you see at the end of the episode so no spoilers):

a) Telling the principle about the gun

B) Signing the Petition

c) Letting Daniel draw you

d) Changing Kate's door sign

e) Watering your plant

f) Messing with the pictures in Victoria's room

g) Picking up the pregnancy test

h) After Max gets Victoria wet did you take pictures

i) Did you stop the ball hitting the girl

j) Did you intervene to help Kate

k) Did you draw on the window

l) saving the bird

m) breaking the snow globe

n) dropping/searching the files

o) how did you deal with chloe's dad coming home

7. What have you made of Max's visions and do you think the tornado is linked to her powers?

8. Do you think there's any significance of there being a 'Vortex' club and what looks like a Vortex?

9. Which character do you think is currently the greatest threat to Max and Chloe?

CHECKPOINT 1 answers:

1. Did you know what to expect from the game? I had read articles/news and seen some screenshots prior to release, but hadn't watched any gameplay or trailers. Was interested in the concept especially since I liked Remember Me, so got the first episode on release.

2. Have you been using the time mechanic to see both options before you decide? Has it impacted your decisions? On PS4, I did that for dialogue as well as "minor" (pregnancy test, Facebook drawing, etc) and important decisions. On PS3 I'm just mostly taking the worst options (ruining the files, messing with Victoria, etc) instantly with some exceptions (like Telltale, some "good" options early on make some later "bad" ones all the more fun/impactful.

3. What has been the motivation for your choices self preservation/greater good/helping others/trying to do what you thought Max would/etc? On PS4, being as helpful and good as possible. On PS3, ruining everything and causing chaos :D

4. What was your first reaction to the shooting in the toilet? Did you have any clue you could do anything to stop it? Well, I already knew we'd prevent it from the synopsis the devs/the press gave for the game before release. The shooting itself seemed like it could have been avoided if Chloe had handled it a bit differently.

5. What are you tohughts on the following Characters: Commenting on my PS4 first thoughts otherwise I'd spoil things.

a) Mr Jefferson A popular teacher who doesn't shy away from publicly humiliating students (whether or not he knows he's doing it) and who several female NPCs have a crush on (and at least one allegedly slept with as revealed in an optional conversation outside the school) - his contest will probably be important later since Max destroyed her entry.

b ) Victoria Stereotypical mean girl who I must turn into an ally to prove how my friendliness defeats all obstacles *_*

c) Chloe I'm not a fan of pot smoking in pop culture in general, but Chloe is pretty cool. Her death starts the whole thing, so she'll definitely be important :D

d) Nathan This guy is crazy and clearly doesn't care about rules as he brought a gun to the women's toilet and continuously implies he's above the law due to his parents' influence. Probably a major antagonist for the game but I'll turn him good if I can :P

e) Warren It couldn't be more obvious that he loves Max and I think Max knows that too... that could be a death flag, so I'm going to be careful here :)

f) David Madsen (security guard/step dad) A jerk, but not totally without a point with his paranoia as already proven with Chloe being shot and Rachel Amber disappearing. If possible, I'll try to be on good terms with him.

6. What decisions did you make and what was your logic behind the decision (these are all the choices you see at the end of the episode so no spoilers):

a) Telling the principle about the gun PS4: Told him the truth; PS3: Omitted the truth

b ) Signing the Petition PS4: Signed it; PS3: Did not sign it

c) Letting Daniel draw you PS4: Allowed it; PS3: Did not allow it

d) Changing Kate's door sign PS4: Changed it; PS3: Did not change it

e) Watering your plant PS4: Watered it; PS3: Did not water it

f) Messing with the pictures in Victoria's room PS4: Messed them up for the trophy, then rewound time; PS3: Flipped the bird

g) Picking up the pregnancy test PS4: Picked it up and read all the notes, rewound time and had some nice relationship building with Dana over it; PS3: Picked it up and did not rewind time/talk about it with Dana

h) After Max gets Victoria wet did you take pictures PS4: I was compassionate; PS3: "No filter needed before I post this."

i) Did you stop the ball hitting the girl PS4: Yup; PS3: Yup, for the trophy... and then I decided to not rewind it afterwards because reasons :P

j) Did you intervene to help Kate PS4: Intervened; PS3: Took a picture

k) Did you draw on the window PS4: Drew for the trophy, then rewound time; PS3: "I'm so dirty!"

l) saving the bird PS4: Saved the bird; PS3: Let the bird die and *then* opened the window without rewinding time ^^

m) breaking the snow globe PS4: Rewound time and saved the globe; PS3: *shatters*

n) dropping/searching the files PS4: Read the files, rewound time. PS3: Soaked the files in oil, did not rewind.

o) how did you deal with chloe's dad coming home PS4: Stayed hidden no matter what; PS3: Left my hiding place to take the blame

7. What have you made of Max's visions and do you think the tornado is linked to her powers? PS4 thoughts: It is most certainly related as her powers were activated in connection to it. Whether she's destined to stop it, to warn others, or something else - we'll see.

8. Do you think there's any significance of there being a 'Vortex' club and what looks like a Vortex? PS4 thoughts: I don't think so.

9. Which character do you think is currently the greatest threat to Max and Chloe? PS4 thoughts: Nathan.

Edited by zadorvp

Already finished the game but otherwise I wish you good luck! The game and the storyline was very awesome, I wish that they could may make a sequel but we'll see. :lol:

They are making a season 2, due in either late 2016 or early 2017 last I checked. I don't think anything about the plot of season 2 has been mentioned, though.

Thanks for the guide, Buu. I got all of the collectibles.  :lol:

Discussions:

1-  Just a good story.

2- I've been using that feature often and it made some impact on my choices.

3- I would like to help others in need such as Kate, Chole, tec.

4- "Doesn't the school have some sort of security scanners at the door? If not, anyone can come in and start a massacre." I had no clue at first, but then the fire alarm idea hit me.

5A- Typical stylish teacher that every female student has a crush on. Still, I can't believe he banged Rachel Ambers  :blink:

5B- Typical rich female bully/bitch that occasionally gives grief to the main character.  :rolleyes:

5C- Typical troubled teen that gets into trouble. Actually, I'm really interested in knowing more about her.  :wub:

5D- Typical rich kid that... sells drugs?! First time seeing that. But compared to Victoria, he's the bigger douche. :angry:

5E- Typical Nice guy that likes to take things with the female lead to the next level. I like him for giving me time to escape from rich drug addict.  :)

5F- I don't know what to think of him honestly. He has good intentions but his execution is a bit too far. I'll have to wait and see if I end up liking him or not.  :|

6A- That kid had a gun! Why wouldn't I tell him? Hopefully that'll get him to think about installing scanners at the door.

6B- Again, good intentions but that's too far. He could be peeping at the girls bathroom for all we know  :ninja:

6C- Nope, that's a bit creepy. Don't want any sex offenders near me  :angry:

6D- Didn't bother to look at it.

6E- Didn't bother to water it.  :giggle:

6F- Yep, did that. Hope she'll like it.

6G- Pregnancy test? Can anyone tell me where to find that?  :blink:

6H- Nah, she already suffered enough  :devil:

6I- Yep, that could have given her  a concussion or something.

6J- Hell yeah. Once again, good intentions but crossing the line. 

6K- Yep, it needs cleaning.

6I&M- I missed them.

6O- I kept quiet in the closet. 

7- They could be visions of something terribly bad and she can stop it. In some way, yes.

8- No significance at all.

9- Rich drug addict. I mean c'mon, he's gotta a gun and is unstable.  :S

By the way Buu, use spoiler tags for the guides to make the main post look organized!

Edited by NullRay85
  • Like 1

Thanks done, I really should update the first posts in my topics i'm getting sloppy and join the discussion myself.

Anyway:

Checkpoint 2: Beat episode 2 (Target Saturday 21st May)

I'm pretty sure a lot of people would be eager to finish this before then, so feel free to say so if a decent number of us reach it.

6C- Nope, that's a bit creepy. Don't want any sex offenders near me  :angry:

6G- Pregnancy test? Can anyone tell me where to find that?  :blink:

6C - Aww, poor Daniel :P

6G - It's in a box on the floor between Dana's bed and the laptop

Didn't get to do more than one section of episode 2 yet today :P Hopefully will have time tomorrow.

• Like 1

Sorry I'm a little late with the discussion answers. It took me a while to decide if I was going to replay episode 1 or not.

1) From all the buzz I just expected a really good story. Not disappointed so far

2) Used time mechanic on some decisions, not all. stuck with my first choice because I figured I'll do at least a second play through

3) Choices based on self preservation and being good/helpful if possible

4) First reaction to the shooting was "holy shit things just got a lot too fucked up too fast" No clue I'd be able to change the outcome.

5) Character thoughts

a) Mr. Jefferson so far seems like a nice guy who genuinely wants to help foster young talent. Granted he is a teacher and that's his job, but there is a difference between caring about young lives shaping the world and just doing the job for the paycheck.

B)Victoria so far just seems like a typical spoiled rich bitch

c) Chloe seems like someone I should like, but seems like the type of friend who later on will be either a really good or really bad friend to have reconnected with.

d) Nathan I just want to beat the crap out of. I've never been a fan of the "I'm better than you because my mommy and daddy have a lot of money" attitude.

e) Warren, I feel bad for. So far it seems he is totally friend zoned.

f) David Madsen- I'm not sure if this guy is just a total dick or just trying too hard the wrong way to be a good guy.

6) Decisions

a) I hid the truth about the gun, didn't want to deal with the whole my word vs. the rich douche bag thing.

B) Signed the petition, because it seemed to be a good idea

c) Let Daniel draw me, because I figured art school, help other artists.

d) I changed Kate's door sign because it seemed like the right thing to do

e) I watered the plant, because I figured plants like water

f) I messed with photos only for the trophy then put them back. Trying not to piss people off in this play through if I can help it.

g) Picked up the pregnancy test, then rewound time and talked to Dana, for nice person play though

h) Didn't take pictures after getting Victoria wet. Didn't know I could.

i) Stopped the ball from hitting Alyssa just being nice

j) I didn't intervene to help Kate. I wanted to but I couldn't keep the picture and help. Figure the hard evidence would be useful later

k) I drew on the window, it seemed funny

l) I didn't know there was a bird to save or how to do it

m) broke the snow globe then rewound. Things are bad for Chloe didn't want to be breaking her stuff

n) I looked through the files and rewound. Figured if I'm being nosy use the power to be a nosy ninja :ninja:

o) Chloe told me to hide so I stayed hidden

7. Haven't speculated much about Max's powers and the tornado. Kinda figured since she is the center of this universe, her decisions and actions will either show a link to the tornado, or just put her in position to help or not help when the time comes.

8. I figure there should be some connection with the vortex club, but it may be one of those things that's easily missed. I definitely want to search the internet for it after I'm done playing to see.

9. Greatest threat so far would be Nathan. A rich kid with a gun who wants to be a big man and thinks he's untouchable is never a good thing.