Your thoughts on the trophy list?

Wavergray

This is correct

I'm pretty sure YOU have to be the one in the air, not your target.

Aha, now, how exactly do you suggest doing that? I also have been wasting my time head shooting flying Pharahs and jumping Junkrats.

Aha, now, how exactly do you suggest doing that? I also have been wasting my time head shooting flying Pharahs and jumping Junkrats.

Find a high spot. Jump. 360. Scope and shoot. 

MLG PRO.

For real though, just have to get good with Widowmaker and try. Will give it a go tonight and report back. 

• Like 1

Unless there is an option to bypass it later with coins, aren't at least 1-2 of the unlocks tied to the trophy requirements for the specific character? There is a description for most of the unlocks when you hover over it, i could have sworn that each of the characters had emblems/skins/etc that would only unlock when you fulfilled their trophy requirement. 

If each of the characters has at least 1-2 unlocks that is tied to their trophy that puts the difficulty in getting the 50 unlocks a combination of grinding for the tokens and luck\skill (depending on the character) for the trophy.

This is correct,  which is again why you should save all your coins until you're at least level 50. Then whatever character you've got the most on (and hopefully both character trophies on) is the one you should buy stuff for.  

If you jump and shoot at the same time the trophy can unlock,  as opposite to trying to walk off ledges and headshot people that way.  It took me a few tries but I got it jumping and shooting.  

• Like 1

I'm actually gonna be a contrarian here and admit that I like this trophy list. I like to take an approach to trophy hunting in that my favorite thing about them is being pushed to attempt or accomplish things in games that I might not otherwise do. And the bulk of these trophies rely on making the most of your characters' abilities, either proactively or reactively. The way I see them, these trophies are basically pushing the players to generally improve their understanding of their characters' abilities, and learn how to take a prime opportunity when it prevents itself. And I appreciate the fact that these are locked to modes where boosting isn't easy so that the trophies serve as ACTUAL proof of that learning. In this game's case, I appreciate the process of earning the trophy more than simply whether or not I have the trophy.

Is it perfect? No, some of these are so situational to the extent of being seemingly luck based. But I appreciate the challenge it presents me with, and I'm looking forward to seeing how far my trophy hunting with this game may go, and how I may improve at the game in the process.

Hi, it's a little bit late answer, but I liked your approach and completely agree.

Guys, you always can play it on different account for fun or not play at all or try to get it. There is not so much good platinums which requires you to do something not straight and obvious, which requires you to learn the game better and improve your skill while being lucky a little. I don't like that nowadays almost all new ps4 platinums are fucking easy or just boring and long like Assassin's Creed franchise. For me it's good to see plat like this, and this is only MP game and it's quite fun (not like Evolve which have loooong boring 100% and servers is dead already).

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure rapid discord is glitched at this point or picky in how it unlocks because I know for a fact I pulled it off tonight when mei used blizzard and froze an entire enemy team and I melted them. Wouldn't surprise me considering one trophy is completely broken and a myriad of others don't unlock properly (shutout wouldnt unlock for my friends for the longest time)

Any of you guys got a good strat for the 3 solo kills 1 reaper clip trophy? all I can pray is the enemy team has zenyatta or someone insanely easy to kill up close with reaper like hanzo, even then best I manage is like 2. The solo kills aspect ruins this trophy. I'm still making decent progress doing everything legit but rapid discord still seems impossible. Unlocked genjis quad kill and mcrees quad kill trophies today. 

Edited by FearForDignity

I'm pretty sure rapid discord is glitched at this point or picky in how it unlocks because I know for a fact I pulled it off tonight when mei used blizzard and froze an entire enemy team and I melted them. Wouldn't surprise me considering one trophy is completely broken and a myriad of others don't unlock properly (shutout wouldnt unlock for my friends for the longest time)

Any of you guys got a good strat for the 3 solo kills 1 reaper clip trophy? all I can pray is the enemy team has zenyatta or someone insanely easy to kill up close with reaper like hanzo, even then best I manage is like 2. The solo kills aspect ruins this trophy. I'm still making decent progress doing everything legit but rapid discord still seems impossible. Unlocked genjis quad kill and mcrees quad kill trophies today. 

I don't believe rapid discord trophy is glitchy but I agree it is properly picky. It has been unlocked by people as it has 0.33% unlock rate. 

This trophy may just need to boosted when I get near the end of my trophy unlocks for this game. Tried to do it last night and struggled. 

Congrats on unlocking Genji and McRees quad kill trophies! :) 

• Like 1

From boosting it I'm fairly certain Rapid Discord only counts assists. I tried it once where I killed all four people solo and it didn't pop, but it pops every time for the people I've done it with if we just have the Zenyatta put the orb on then a Reaper headshot each person. The people can take damage before too, such as Zenyatta hitting each person with his R2 attack first, but all eliminations have to be assists, you can't kill anyone. I have a friend who has recordings of him getting 4 kills/assists in a measured 6 seconds and it's never unlocked from him, I think the requirement is wrong/not working correctly, hence only assists counting even though the description specifies kills or assists. 

I believe there's something weird with that Reaper trophy where you can damage the three people then hit them with your ult and it pops the trophy. I think it's posted in the current guide up on PST. 

Edited by ggamer15
  • Like 1

That actually makes the Rapid Discord trophy even harder... Might be the only trophy in the game where you actually have to rely on team mates to do the work. I hope blizzard patches it to either relax the requirements or at least make it what its supposed to be. Kills OR Assists. For some reason I doubt it'll happen and this might be the first trophy I ever boost. I'm confident I can get all the others with time but with 20 hours on Zenyatta and actually completing the requirements for the trophy the other night and it not popping frustrates me to no end. This character is the definition of hard to play and an insanely easy target. 

Thanks for the information and the tip about the reaper trophy.

By the way, if your friend actually has proof Rapid Discord is glitched I'd love if he posted it on the battle.net overwatch support forums. Maybe if we make enough noise they'll fix it.

I feel like Lockdown might be the only trophy that gets fixed which breaks my heart.

Edited by FearForDignity
  • Like 1

Thanks! I got the trophy using this method.

Any tips on unlocking "Thie Floor Is Lava" ?

I know you didn't ask me, but there is a method for the floor is lava that isn't super known yet. You can kill people on the ground, and then wall-ride for it to count toward the trophy. As long as you're wallriding when you get the final blow it'll count. Rinse and repeat 3 times in one life and you got it. Basically this means the trophy becomes much more accessible with a little practice and much less map dependant, shooting into people with low health into hopping on a wall.

Edit: To be specific, you need to still be wall riding when ti says "eliminated *insert player name*". This just means you can shoot from the ground and then grind a wall before the final blow happens. Much easier, but still hard as Lucio does piss poor damage.

Edited by FearForDignity

I unlocked 50/55 unlocks for Widowmaker, but no trophy :( do I need one more or did this just glitch on me?

The extra skins don't count. You need 51 on any of the characters that have the Origins Edition skins. 

Edited by ggamer15
  • Like 2

It makes me wonder whether there's any precedent for trophies being patched to have any strict requirements eased up

Only one I know of so far was Destiny. I don't remember the trophy (it's on my youtube channel) but the description was something like killing 3 different classes at the same time, but they patched it later (I started playing destiny pretty late) like a year an a half later and nowadays you just need the kills on the same game.

I doubt to be honest, for Blizzard to patch anything here relating to trophies except the "impossible" one. Whoever came up with this list was obviously trolling people not to platinum the game, so chances are they'll just laugh their asses off while they see people complaining about it.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone had a trophy (or several) that they've tried getting without boosting for a while, almost given up on getting, only to pretty much get it by accident?

Literally had that happen to me earlier. I finally managed the Roadkill trophy earlier when it looked like I was only going to kill 3 people with the RIP-Tire, then a 4th kill suddenly came up and the trophy popped. Must admit I'd been trying for so long to get it that I got a bit overexcited. lol. Lost the game but managed the Play Of The Game because of it. So I was satisfied.

Anyone had a trophy (or several) that they've tried getting without boosting for a while, almost given up on getting, only to pretty much get it by accident?

Literally had that happen to me earlier. I finally managed the Roadkill trophy earlier when it looked like I was only going to kill 3 people with the RIP-Tire, then a 4th kill suddenly came up and the trophy popped. Must admit I'd been trying for so long to get it that I got a bit overexcited. lol. Lost the game but managed the Play Of The Game because of it. So I was satisfied.

I was trying to boost quadruples with some friends and we're simply in the early matchmaking stage then I'm doing Junkrat (11? in-game hours of trying) and we're having a good game, catch a glimpse of almost all the enemy team capturing the point, I say "fuck it, yolo" and get the damn Roadkill (could had been 5 kills if it wasn't for a stupid Bastion who didn't die).

Also I was in another match were we got rapped by the enemy team, was gonna quit but my random teammates didn't, so I thought "let's go for revenge". So we're defending the Payload and they almost got it delivered, I'm doing Parah, and I just go for a couple kills with my ult just to get a stupid Mercy revive a couple people while I'm still on the air, get them both again or at least one of them, bang, Death from Above.

To be honest the satisfaction of getting the trophies legit is so amazing, but most of them are bullshit so I don't think I would have stood waiting for a month or two without boosting, specially when I always get triple kills with ultimates but then there is a roadhog, d.va etc who won't die as a 4th.

It's always annoying when you try for a 4-kill one only to get 3. I managed 2 separate 3-kill Death Blossoms in one match a few hours ago. The second one was almost a guaranteed 4 kill, but the damn Reaper on the other team survived so I killed him afterwards. Still got Play Of The Game though I guess. lol.

Seems like a good strategy for Death Blossom is to take advantage of Mei's Blizzard ult., which is what I attempted to do one time for the DB that got me Play Of The Game. lol. If only that damn Reaper had been caught in it properly.

Edited by Thomas_Fyrehart

Most of the trophies are no THAT hard you just need to start working in the trophy list with a mentality of having fun first and hunt for trophies in the way... I found a nice group of boosters and they helped me to get a couple of trophies :D :

Rapid Discord of course (***** that trophy) :rolleyes:

Floor is Lava (I personally don’t like that much using Lucio..plus is a really hard trophy by itself)

The Path Is Closed (I couldn’t find a Good Symmetra team in like a week)

Waste Not, Want Not (this one is not that hard, but I was already in a boosting session so "why the hell not" right?)

The rest I got them legit (I only need the 50 unlocks and the glitched one for the platinum :platinum: )and they only took time, because you need a specific situation in the game to get them, for example you need 4 allies killed near each other for the Mercy trophy and find a good group of enemies for the quad kills, etc. The only one that I hated was the Zenyatta’s "The Iris Embraces You " Trophy because I don’t know why but every time I used Zenyatta’s special, everybody ran away from me and I was like: ummm I’m trying to heal you, not damage you :angry:..but eventualy I was in a game with 2 Reinhardts a one Roadhog and I got It :yay:

So if you want to get the platinum, my advice is to have fun but be ready because if the situation to get a trophy shows up you need to be quick.

Edited by Gil_Godlike