Crushing/Speed run difficulty exploit. (For those who cannot obtain Crushing trophy mainly)

Pyro

Everybody seems to be using this method. I've seen a lot of different threads that could just be combined into one.

Also, Why would you rob yourself from playing this amazing game!

You can do the speedrun and accuracy trophies easily on explorer difficulty - I beat the game well under the 6 hours and got an accuracy of nearly 80% by just using the pistole and condor shotguns - weapon spread = more chance of a hit.

• Like 1

Does this work with the 70% accuracy trophy as well?

I'm not sure being I got 70% of my first play-through, but I would hope so if you get 70% accuracy during the boat mission. 

• Like 1

Jesus Christ how many exploits are their for the trophies in this game. I hope they patch these up quick smart. I thought maybe we could have a rare trophy set because of the speed run trophy but if everyone's gonna result to exploits it'll probably go up to 20%. I'll be doing it legit  B)

• Like 2

Well done to everyone who does this method you ruined the game for yourselfs by doing this. So far I'm finding in this the hardest uncharted on crushing but I'm not going to give up as I want to earn this trophy the right way. I don't plan on cheating on any trophy as it defeats the point of them being in the game

Well for me it doesn't ruined the game... still a awesome game! Did my first run on Crushing.. so to exploit Sharpshooter and Speedrun trophy doesnt effect my gameplay. 

Do a Speedrun without cutscene to make it under 6 hours isnt fun imo! 

Edited by RobbbarN

Jesus Christ how many exploits are their for the trophies in this game. I hope they patch these up quick smart. I thought maybe we could have a rare trophy set because of the speed run trophy but if everyone's gonna result to exploits it'll probably go up to 20%. I'll be doing it legit  B)

Its not actually hard legit either, you can ue tweeks and slap it on explorer with auto aim. Skip cutscenes and bam. However I'm totally in support of people doing this. Speed runs suck, it wasn't fun and all it did was show me how much of the game is actually a cutscene.

If I knew about this I'd of done it, no doubt.

However I'd rather they fixed the bad glitchy trophies first. Say having to do chapter 13/14 about 10 times because..no reason other then it didn't want to pop even with flawless runs. Then it popped halfway through a run..wtf?!

• Like 1

So far I'm finding in this the hardest uncharted on crushing ...

Harder than Uncharted 1 on Crushing?

Well done to everyone who does this method you ruined the game for yourselfs by doing this. I don't plan on cheating on any trophy as it defeats the point of them being in the game

I'm still playing the game. I'm playing on Moderate now without a walkthrough or video guide. Will play again on Explorer for all the collectibles. If they eventually patch all these glitches by the time I'm ready to play my crushing or speedrun trophies, then I will do them legit.

Don't be such a GumpyWomble  :lol:  If people want to cheat or use exploits to play a game or get trophies, that is their choice. Let them do what they want. How does them cheating, affect your game or play-through.

I haven't completed the game yet because I want to play thru and explore and find all treasures but my question is when I complete it for first time do I need to delete any saves for exploit or no?Im not use to using exploits like this.But I've been playing for a week and haven't finished my first run soThe speedrun exploit on crushing would help and save me time and I have digital version

I know this has been posted many times, but also many cannot get the Crushing difficulty trophy. This is how I did it along with the speedrun trophy which I got before.

1. Delete UC4 from HDD
  2. Disconnect from PSN
  3. Reinstall UC4 (Click on UC4 > Information > Version 1)
  4. Start new game > Keeps stats/treasures > Difficulty: Crushing
  5. Complete Prologue
  6. Start Chapter 1 & Wait 30 seconds before saving a new file
  7. Quit to Main Menu > Chapter select > Epilogue
  8. Complete Epilogue & Crushing trophy should pop-up
  9. Connect to PSN network & boom... done

Basically near enough if ont same as other method people have posted, but the first 3 points is where many have not done. Hope this helps ^^

Make a video on how to do it? 

First I tried without deleting the game/disconnecting from internet and it didn't work, so you are right about the first 3 parts.

This is what I did and worked for me (slightly more detailed than yours):

1. Back up your saves then delete every save EXCEPT the one you completed the game on
  2. Delete UC4 from HDD
  3. Disconnect from PSN (Network > Uncheck connect to internet)
  4. Reinstall UC4 (Click on UC4 > Information > Version 1)
  5. Start new game > Keeps stats/treasures > Difficulty: Crushing > New Save ( do NOT overwrite your first save. You should have 2 saves after this).
  6. Complete Prologue
  7. Start Chapter 1, skip cutscene & wait 30 seconds (jump out the window etc until 30 seconds passed) then manually save and overwrite the save you just created
  8. Quit to Main Menu > Chapter select > Epilogue > Crushing > Save on game save 2 again (You might have to wait 30 mins because game is still downloading)
  9. Complete Epilogue (you can skip cutscene at the end). Crushing trophy should pop-up on or after credits
  10. Connect to PSN network & sync

Note: I use the game disc.

Edited by xSweetBunny
  • Like 1

First I tried without deleting the game/disconnecting from internet and it didn't work, so you are right about the first 3 parts.

This is what I did and worked for me (slightly more detailed than yours):

1. Back up your saves then delete every save EXCEPT the one you completed the game on
  2. Delete UC4 from HDD
  3. Disconnect from PSN (Network > Uncheck connect to internet)
  4. Reinstall UC4 (Click on UC4 > Information > Version 1)
  5. Start new game > Keeps stats/treasures > Difficulty: Crushing > New Save ( do NOT overwrite your first save. You should have 2 saves after this).
  6. Complete Prologue
  7. Start Chapter 1, skip cutscene & wait 30 seconds (jump out the window etc until 30 seconds passed) then manually save and overwrite the save you just created
  8. Quit to Main Menu > Chapter select > Epilogue > Crushing > Save on game save 2 again (You might have to wait 30 mins because game is still downloading)
  9. Complete Epilogue (you can skip cutscene at the end). Crushing trophy should pop-up on or after credits
  10. Connect to PSN network & sync

Note: I use the game disc.

Can we back up game save to the cloud?

Same as SweetBunny, tried without the first 3 steps yesterday and it didn't work. When going back to the main menu, the only chapters available were 1 and the Prologue. Will try again with this method.

Also like some other people posted before, and like I said in another thread. The first playthrough of the game was incredible, amazing, tense, thrilling, fun. Then I chapter selected for the collectibles and it wasn't that fun anymore.

I doubt that another playthrough with the lack of branching that the game has is gonna be any interesting. This is not Dragon Age, Skyrim or any other game that lets you role play the game in different ways, this is watching the same movie again and again, even worst, in the speedrun you have to skip the cutscenes.

So yeah, if this works, bless it. You are always free to try legit.