Let's Play SO5

Ok sign me up! Gotta platinum one of these!

Oh my GAWD it has begun, Tales of Zestiria is almost :platinum: before the quest

For I will be ready when my collectors edition of SO5 is here :)

Count me in Master Of Op

CD5080l-f.jpg

I wanna join this one!!

Sign me up. I really need to spend some time to actually go and finish the game (and work back on SO4)

Awesome, welcome back guys :highfive:.

Do we know the full specifics of the platinum? If the battle trophies carry over in new game+ I'll try for the platinum(vs me deciding gold is good enough for me with so4, just have to get there lol)

Sadly no, the only thing we have so far are the Japanese trophy list and the top 50 fastest leaderboards. I added a link to the trophy list in the OP.

Nice to see the continuation of SO4 craziness (not that I can say much, since I plat it even before you guys had the idea of that Let's Play journey..)..

I would definitely join and plan on playing SO5 eventually, but since I'm short on cash (and my priority is Persona 5 and FFXV) like Tales of Zesteria, I will also have to wait quite a bit before I buy this.. so, if you want, you can put me as a maybe, but I doubt that I will get the game this year :(

Also, sorry for never going back to the Catherine Let's Play (since I said that I would join it after finishing SAO), but I kind of got scared of that game.. well, it was the only game that gave me genuine and consistent nightmares.. and nightmares really close to what some of the game puzzles are actually.. but I still want that platinum.. sorry for the off-topic.

Thnx Han :D. That's ok, I'll keep this thread open to at least December 31 2016, most likely even longer.

Lol :lol:, Catherine must be trying to contact you.

• Like 1

Well, guess it's time to prepare for this epic journey a few weeks from now. Collector's Edition has been ordered and hopefully will arrive on release day.

Also, all of the BTs can be found here. http://dswiipspwikips3.jp/star-ocean5/cheats-data/battle-collection.html

1,000,000 hits seems to be the unreasonably long BT for this title.

• Like 1

Well, guess it's time to prepare for this epic journey a few weeks from now. Collector's Edition has been ordered and hopefully will arrive on release day.

Also, all of the BTs can be found here. http://dswiipspwikips3.jp/star-ocean5/cheats-data/battle-collection.html

1,000,000 hits seems to be the unreasonably long BT for this title.

Awesome, welcome back :highfive:.

Nice find, I'll add it to the OP. Though Google Translate makes them sound weird :|.

Thinking about signing up but I'm not 100% sure mostly because of personal expenses. I'll have to wait and see.

And I've heard that SO5 is a rather fast platinum compared to other JRPGs as well although I don't know if that's really true or not.

Let me know what you decide.

Yeah based on the top 50 fastest achievers it can be platted within a week.

Thnx Han :D. That's ok, I'll keep this thread open to at least December 31 2016, most likely even longer.

Lol :lol:, Catherine must be trying to contact you.

Ok, ya, I see you guys going on this for quite longer then just the end of the year..

As for Catherine probably, I prefer Katherine, but my fear of commitment was probably the reason why it gave me nightmares (I'm still the same in that department.. so ya, probably Catherine wants to have a word with me... or kill me..).

Good luck to everyone brave enough to tackle this challenge!

Ok, ya, I see you guys going on this for quite longer then just the end of the year..

As for Catherine probably, I prefer Katherine, but my fear of commitment was probably the reason why it gave me nightmares (I'm still the same in that department.. so ya, probably Catherine wants to have a word with me... or kill me..).

Good luck to everyone brave enough to tackle this challenge!

Probably yeah :lol:.

Lol, you should hurry up and get over that fear of commitment and get that plat. My nightmares stopped after I did that :awesome:.

• 2 weeks later...

Hrm... I'm very interested in joining this, but I have a few hesitations.

For one, I've never played a Star Ocean game before, and my track record with 100%ing JRPGs is fairly low. I believe that would be part of the fun of me joining this, but at the same time I can't help but have this fear that this game won't live up to my hopes and expectations, or I might simply let my attention span on it plummet away. I'm looking forward to playing this game, but it's difficult for me to commit to saying "I'll 100% it!" even several years from the day I start if I'm going into more or less the whole series blind. Basically, I'm wondering whether I'd drag down the fun for anyone else in the (hopefully) theoretical event I say "YEAH I'LL DO IT" and then not actually do it.

Secondly, and this is a much sillier thing for me to say... I've got no experience with any of these "We Play" events on PSNP :P Like, how do they work, exactly? Do we just play the game, keep up with this thread, and share our journeys with each other in here? Or is there something more to it which I would make myself look dumb by forgetting to do as I join?

• Like 1

Hrm... I'm very interested in joining this, but I have a few hesitations.

For one, I've never played a Star Ocean game before, and my track record with 100%ing JRPGs is fairly low. I believe that would be part of the fun of me joining this, but at the same time I can't help but have this fear that this game won't live up to my hopes and expectations, or I might simply let my attention span on it plummet away. I'm looking forward to playing this game, but it's difficult for me to commit to saying "I'll 100% it!" even several years from the day I start if I'm going into more or less the whole series blind. Basically, I'm wondering whether I'd drag down the fun for anyone else in the (hopefully) theoretical event I say "YEAH I'LL DO IT" and then not actually do it.

Secondly, and this is a much sillier thing for me to say... I've got no experience with any of these "We Play" events on PSNP :P Like, how do they work, exactly? Do we just play the game, keep up with this thread, and share our journeys with each other in here? Or is there something more to it which I would make myself look dumb by forgetting to do as I join?

Awesome, welcome to the event :highfive:.

Don't worry, as far as I know the Star Ocean games aren't direct sequels, so events from previous games aren't important. Every game has a new cast and story.

As for the second thing, this isn't a We Play like Superbuu does where people play to a specific checkpoint and wait for the next checkpoint, hence the "Let's Play" name. You just play the game at your own pace to have fun and post whatever you want in this thread. Since SO5 is a new game, there are no guides or walkthroughs yet, so I'm hoping participants will help each other out by sharing tips and strategies or maybe even team up to write a guide.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 1

Ah, thanks Archon! In that case, I'll be happy to jump on into this event! As a disclaimer, I hope to play through the game mostly blindly, so expect me to try to ignore content such as tips for things I haven't done yet, but I'll be happy to compare strategies with content I've already discovered and offer my own thoughts and impressions on it as a greenhorn to the series! Heck, reflecting on and sharing impressions on games is one of my favorite things I've done since I've joined PSNP's forums (which I need to do more of anyway >_>), so it seems like fun to go a step further and go in-depth regarding a brand new release...

P.S. I prolly won't be able to start until a couple of days after the game comes out because of ReasonsTM. Just throwing that out there.

• Like 1

Ah, thanks Archon! In that case, I'll be happy to jump on into this event! As a disclaimer, I hope to play through the game mostly blindly, so expect me to try to ignore content such as tips for things I haven't done yet, but I'll be happy to compare strategies with content I've already discovered and offer my own thoughts and impressions on it as a greenhorn to the series! Heck, reflecting on and sharing impressions on games is one of my favorite things I've done since I've joined PSNP's forums (which I need to do more of anyway >_>), so it seems like fun to go a step further and go in-depth regarding a brand new release...

P.S. I prolly won't be able to start until a couple of days after the game comes out because of ReasonsTM. Just throwing that out there.

That's ok, you can start at any time.

Ohboy, we're starting tomorrow! Now that the SO5 hype is at it's peak, now is probably a good time to ask...

... has Dragon decided for certain whether or not we're doing character intros in this thread? OwO

I think he said he wasn't going to make them, but I don't think he said he'd stop us or wouldn't put it in the OP.

Btw it's coming out digital this time right?

T MINUS ➖ 9 HOURS 57 MINUTES ish.

Edit: Scratch my question it is indeed digital as well. But you can't predownload it. So I will be playing shortly after midnight

Edited by Dav9834

I think he said he wasn't going to make them, but I don't think he said he'd stop us or wouldn't put it in the OP.

Well, that's fair. I prefer writing my own stuff anyway... by which I mean, I already sent Dragon my intro a while ago, I was just hoping he didn't decide to not include them or anything :P

As a side note, I really enjoyed writing my own intro, and I probably wouldn't mind writing intros for other participants, either, if they would want it. Just throwing that possibility out there~

Well, that's fair. I prefer writing my own stuff anyway... by which I mean, I already sent Dragon my intro a while ago, I was just hoping he didn't decide to not include them or anything :P

As a side note, I really enjoyed writing my own intro, and I probably wouldn't mind writing intros for other participants, either, if they would want it. Just throwing that possibility out there~

You can write mine :D

I also just got a notification 10min after buying from psn, from Amazon that the game will arrive tomorrow :facepalm: I forgot I preordered it. Well there goes ~$10 on return to amazon. - _ -

Edited by Dav9834

You can write mine :D

I also just got a notification 10min after buying from psn, from Amazon that the game will arrive tomorrow :facepalm: I forgot I preordered it. Well there goes ~$10 on return to amazon. - _ -

Well tbh I haven't actually asked Dragon if he's cool with me doing so or anything, but... so long as he doesn't send me a Cease and Desist, he's probably cool with me doing exactly that! Shoot me a PM with the sorts of details you'd like, if any at all (A primary detail, role, tone of writing, etc, or if you'd rather I make something from scratch) and I'll see what I can come up with!

also yeeks sorry about the fudge up there D: Maybe you can find someone to give your copy away to? Make a giveaway thread or something?

Just chiming in, I'm still getting the game tomorrow, but I'll be a little late to starting it since I've been playing Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE since it came out Friday, and it's lasting a lot longer than I thought it would have, but that's not to say that's a bad thing, the game is phenomenal, and I won't drop it just to start SO5. I think it'll probably be around a week or more before I get started on SO5, so I probably won't be around here much since I really don't wanna see anything about it until I play the game myself. And to all who are starting the game tomorrow, good luck on your journey!

• Like 1

Well tbh I haven't actually asked Dragon if he's cool with me doing so or anything, but... so long as he doesn't send me a Cease and Desist, he's probably cool with me doing exactly that! Shoot me a PM with the sorts of details you'd like, if any at all (A primary detail, role, tone of writing, etc, or if you'd rather I make something from scratch) and I'll see what I can come up with!

also yeeks sorry about the fudge up there D: Maybe you can find someone to give your copy away to? Make a giveaway thread or something?

I pretty sure he'll be ok with it. He's a SV member! And us SV members are easy going people :D. Then again he's the the one who tortures those in his chamber that don't follow the SV rules......

Well I dunno... wing it!

I have little to no preference. Most know me from Song Vote and it's year long rich musical heritage,

or the SO4 diamond trophy blacksmith, with the mystic dragons breath passed down from generations since the blacksmith and dragon cooperation treaty(it's so many millenia ago I don't remember the name of the pact), of which Dragon and I are direct descendants of the original pact makers.

Eh I'm pretty generous with the giveaways, but not $60 generous on 1 game lol, maybe if I win the lottery!

Edited by Dav9834
  • Like 1

I ordered mine in person at GameStop, I didn't want to risk getting it late in the mail. :P So I'll probably be starting it around 10-11AM tomorrow. :yay:

Mwaha I will be playing 9 hours earlier!! :evil:....... . If I don't pass out.... Then it'll be 9 hours later... Lol

Ya know I called up gamestop to see how much they'd take for so5(which is unreleased as of now), $22. I was stunned, I thought for sure it'd be like $45. And I didn't know this, but they don't take unopened new games.

Edited by Dav9834