E3 2016 Discussion Thread

MMDE

Scorpio supposedly 6TP, while Neo 4.14TP. That's a pretty huge difference, so I think Sony might do some changes to Neo. They said they wouldn't show Neo at E3, so maybe they are already changing something?

Microsoft continue to show us that there's no point in owning an Xbone when you have a PC.  :P

Seriously though, I thought their conference was great! Far better than EA or Bethesada's. Project Scorpio is a huge announcement. Definitely the "wow moment" I've been waiting for. I have no idea what this means for the console business, or even if it's a good thing, but this is going to change everything. I'm really interested to see how Sony respond to this, and since they said the Neo won't be at their conference, they're in a super weird position. They can't say they have the most powerful console anymore, especially since Scorpio is going to be way more powerful than Neo. Crazy stuff.

Gears of War 4 and Scalebound are the best looking games. Nice to see Dead Rising 4 is taking itself way less seriously than the last entry. It's super weird seeing Final Fantasy XV at a Microsoft conference, but I'll always welcome more gameplay. I don't really care about Rare's new game. I mean it looks kinda cool, but Microsoft totally destroyed those guys, and I'm not sure if they're even capable of making good games anymore. More Halo? Yeah, whatever. Who cares anymore?

Next up is Ubisoft then. And no, I couldn't care less about that dumb PC Gaming Show thing. I mean who wants to hear a bunch of nerds talk about graphics cards and keyboards with LEDs?  :P

• Like 2

I was really disappointed with this conference. I actually thought Microsoft's conference from last year was really good but this one didn't bring me what I had hoped for. The only two games I saw that got me interested were We Happy Few and State of Decay 2  :S

I really enjoyed the conference and glad that I watched.  Scalebound and Recore got me interested, along with Stardew Valley and We Happy Few :)

I know that Studio Wildcard (ARK: Survival Evolved) are at the E3 PC Gamer show announcing some new updates, so I will watch for that as I love this game.  Hope they pop up during the Sony conference too as I feel this game needs more exposure.

Pretty good conference actually... recore looked good on previous E3 as well, FF is FF (screw you, English voices). Scalebound still pisses me (sequel on Vita, calling it now) but at least it's on PC and...

Harada is god. Harada is just god.

Microsoft continue to show us that there's no point in owning an Xbone when you have a PC.  :P

Better for us! :D

• Like 1

I was really disappointed with this conference. I actually thought Microsoft's conference from last year was really good but this one didn't bring me what I had hoped for. The only two games I saw that got me interested were We Happy Few and State of Decay 2  :S

They haven't ruled out a PS4 release when it comes to We Happy Few. That is one of the games I liked that they showed. I mostly liked their indie games, who'd have guessed? I do know most of them will come to PS4 too.

Edited by MMDE

They haven't ruled out a PS4 release when it comes to We Happy Few. That is one of the games I liked that they showed. I mostly liked their indie games, who'd have guessed? I do know most of them will come to PS4 too.

That would be nice because it looked really interesting. I'll keep an eye out for that game.

4/10 so uh did anyone else not see crackdown 3 the game that was due out this year?

It was very briefly mentioned at the end of the conference, in the game names that popped up on screen after the compilation trailer

PC Gaming Show if anyone, other than me, is interested

https://www.twitch.tv/pcgamer

Games Covered

Dawn of War 3

Oxygen Not Included (Klei Entertainment, makers of Don't Starve)

ARK Survival Evolved <------- coming to PS4 btw 

Giant Cop

Mount N Blade II: Bannerlord

The Surge <----------also coming to PS4

Lawbreakers

Serious Sam VR

Vampyr <-------also coming to PS4

Tyranny

Observer

Dropzone

Overland

Dual Universe

Edited by Mesopithecus

I think this needs to be explained properly. X1 is a console tailored version of a Windows 10 steam machine now. The reason why MS call their games "Xbox and Windows 10 exclusive" is because they are still two different platforms.

One reason a person would choose an Xbox console over Xbox PC is plug and play. Why would someone buy a PC that they don't know how to configure properly compared to a console that has set specs? 

I think this needs to be explained properly. X1 is a console tailored version of a Windows 10 steam machine now. The reason why MS call their games "Xbox and Windows 10 exclusive" is because they are still two different platforms.

One reason a person would choose an Xbox console over Xbox PC is plug and play. Why would someone buy a PC that they don't know how to configure properly compared to a console that has set specs? 

I'm talking about people who already own a PC capable of playing games. If you didn't buy a PS4, you'd miss out on a ton of exclusive games that you can't play on PC, but that's not the case with Xbone. There's literally no point in buying one if you have a PC.

• Like 1

I'm talking about people who already own a PC capable of playing games. If you didn't buy a PS4, you'd miss out on a ton of exclusive games that you can't play on PC, but that's not the case with Xbone. There's literally no point in buying one if you have a PC.

That's not true at the moment, is though? The future can be changed, the present is now. At this moment you can't do these things on Xbox PC :

• Play SO, F5, RYSE: Son of Rome (Xbox version), Dead Rising 3 (Xbox version) and many more.
  • No BC 360 or Xbox Original games emulation
  • Plug and Play
  • EA Access 

It all depends on how deep you are in the Xbox One eco-system really, for a person like you sure. For others, no. Windows 10 gaming will grow but at the moment, it's still a child compared to its brother. 

I wonder what the Sekai Project game will be like on Sony's conference... hmmm

Okami from Capcom, please. 

UK Xbox One S pricing has been confirmed. The 2TB launch edition will cost £349/€399; the 1TB edition £299/€349; and the 500GB edition £249/€299.

Hard-drive sizes are optional. There will be a launch edition 2TB Xbox One S available early August for $399. A $349 1TB Xbox One S, and a $299 500GB Xbox One S will be available thereafter. The Xbox One S's vertical stand will be available for $20

More info here : http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-06-13-microsoft-announces-the-xbox-one-s-price-and-release-date

That's not true at the moment, is though? The future can be changed, the present is now. At this moment you can't do these things on Xbox PC :

• Play SO, F5, RYSE: Son of Rome (Xbox version), Dead Rising 3 (Xbox version) and many more.
  • No BC 360 or Xbox Original games emulation
  • Plug and Play
  • EA Access 

It all depends on how deep you are in the Xbox One eco-system really, for a person like you sure. For others, no. Windows 10 gaming will grow but at the moment, it's still a child compared to its brother. 

Okay, Sunset Overdrive or Forza 5 isn't on PC (yet). Big deal. They've already announced other Forza games that are coming to PC. Ryse and Dead Rising 3 are both on PC, so I'm not sure what you're saying there. Backwards compatibility for 360 isn't really a reason to buy an Xbone. A lot of the games on 360 are on PC too, and the ones that aren't can just be played on a 360. A lot of people own one, and if not, it's more of a reason to buy a 360. I don't even know what "Plug and Play" means. It sounds like some corporate speak from MS. And finally EA Access is just a way to give EA more money. Why would anyone want to do that? Besides, it has a PC equivalent called Origin Access for people who care about it (nobody I suspect).

Edited by Undead Wolf

Ubisoft cringe counter: 1

Just Dance 2017.

People haven't washed... she knows it. And she doesn't do this for the money, even with the feedback....

Ubisoft cringe counter: 2

GhostRecon: Wildlands! March 7th 2017!

Scripted gameplay video.

Ubisoft cringe counter: 3

New South Park game, sequel to Stick of Truth... super hero version...

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1