E3 2016 Discussion Thread

MMDE

This thread is for discussing the E3 conferences. You can talk about whatever you see at E3 etc.

What have you seen so far that is exciting you? What do you think will be shown? What do you want to see? etc

Next is Nintendo at 9AM PT June 14 (4PM UTC)

EA (June 12):

Bethesda (June 12):

Microsoft (June 13):

Ubisoft (June 13):

Sony (June 13):

Edited by MMDE

This will be a fun year I'll start with MS.

I predict crackdown 3 will be the winter title.

Something from rare

Halo something

Killer instinct.

Now Nintendo first year without the great Iwata rip.

The legend of Zelda

Pokemon sun and moon

Earthbound 3

Paper Mario

Bethesda

Evil within 2

Skyrim hd with elder scrolls 6 teased

Fallout 4 dlc

Square Enix. I'm not gonna bother because it would be a shot in the dark they have the highest chance of taking E3

Sony

World of final fantasy dated

Final fantasy XV

Kingdom hearts 2.8 dated

Big shot in the dark but Final Fantasy 7 disk 1 dated

Crash bandicoot

God of war

Shenmue 3 update

Last of us 2

It's very likely that Naughty Dog is not gonna be at E3 at all since Uncharted 4 just came out, and they're not gonna unveil their next game anytime soon since they're focusing on the single player DLC for Uncharted 4 so that we won't hear about until PSX, so I'd imagine we're not gonna hear about their next game until at the earliest next E3. I don't think we'll hear from Psychonauts 2 yet either since it's a bit soon after they just got the funds to make it that they're probably in early pre-production at the moment. I do really hope to god this year though is the return of Crash Bandicoot given his 20th anniversary and at this point they've been denying it too much that now I can't believe a single word Sony's saying to cover it up now that Crash was able to appear in Uncharted 4 after all. If we don't hear about Crash before the end of the year, then yea I will believe Crash is dead, but right now all these teases since the PS4 came out is too convenient. My other second biggest thing I want to hear about is Sucker Punch's next game (NOT SPIDER-MAN). Other than that, I know we'll see Dishonored 2, and I hope we'll hear something about a new Red Dead game, Detroit: Become Human (probably not though if they're gonna wait for Paris Games Week again), and Kingdom Hearts something, at least 2.8.

Edited by Potter13579

Every year around this time, i light a special candle in my Beyond Good & Evil shrine. Praying for Ubi to finally make my dream come true... 

But in all seriousness, VR will be thé topic everybody is going to talk about. Especially Sony.

Edited by xZoneHunter
  • Like 2

I'm predicting lots of VR talk. I don't care about VR.

Sony will probably show some more footage of Last Guardian and FF15. More footage of No Man's Sky. Another teaser for Horizon: Zero Dawn (no other news on it). Some Street Fighter 5 free DLC news. I'm curious on what they end the show on though. Now that Uncharted 4 is out, they can't end every fucking conference with it. Maybe God of War 4?

As for the others, I don't know. Microsoft will likely talk about their cross play ideas. Bethesda will talk about Fallout 4 mods and Doom sales and blah blah blah. Maybe a teaser for Elder Scrolls 6 or some kind of Oblivion/Skyrim remaster. Capcom will announce Dragon's Dogma 2 or localize Dragon's Dogma Online... yeah right (Capcom pls).

I'm not expecting anything big this year. At least compared to the last few years with KH3, Shenmue 3, FF7 Remake, Last Guardian, etc. The biggest thing we get might be God of War 4, which is 'meh' for me.

God of War 4 and next Sucker punch game is two things I expect to see. I am sure we will hear a whole lot of vr stuff (not that I care) and some of the usual from Sony. I bet we will hear about new indies they plan on bringing over to PS.

As far as Microsoft and Nintendo go i don't know. I don't follow them enough to know.

Edited by snakebit10

A bunch of PS2 classics will be announced (3-4) including Ape Escape 2/3 and will be available sometime during E3.

We will also hear naughty dog's next game (teaser only). Probably TLOU 2

Ni no Kuni gameplay trailer

Next GoW

Next Infamous

Dreams from Media Molecule (trailer)

FFVIII gameplay

Last Guardian release date

Trailer of Kojima's game

And a bunch of PS4K and PSVR with a stupid children's game that no one care about.

Lastly, no Vita love. Sorry!!! :(

Maybe we will see more of any of these games?

http://www.cheatsheet.com/technology/5-upcoming-exclusive-games-for-playstation-4.html/?a=viewall

We will definitely get something on Gran Turismo, but will it only be about GT Sports? :o Hopefully Gran Turismo 7!

I kinda wonder what Detroit: Become Human will be like. Will it be like all their earlier titles, for good and bad?

Maybe something more on Drawn to Death?

Almost certain more about Dreams...

With Gravity Rush moving over to PS4, I guess we will get some stuff on that.

Likely something on Kill Strain and MatterFall.

Hopefully something on Nier: Automata and Persona 5!!

Maybe something more on Wattam or Without Memory???

Deep Down?

Ni-oh?

New Kojima game?

Ni No Kuni 2???

KH3?

Hunger?

Yakuza 0 or 6?

What I'd like to see:

Dead Space 4 - A proper Visceral game without EA's nose wedged into it.

Monster Hunter for the PS4 - For the love of...I mean really Capcom.

Resistance reboot - I wish Sony would reboot the franchise, give us back Hale, Malikov and Hedgehog grenades, oh and the 8 player co-op which was a blast.  :)

What I'm likely to get:

None of what I'd like!!!  Lol

Nioh and Nier will be the two I'm most looking forward to seeing, hopefully, and a nice surprise or two wouldn't be amiss.  :P

Maybe we will see more of any of these games?

http://www.cheatsheet.com/technology/5-upcoming-exclusive-games-for-playstation-4.html/?a=viewall

We will definitely get something on Gran Turismo, but will it only be about GT Sports? :o Hopefully Gran Turismo 7!

I kinda wonder what Detroit: Become Human will be like. Will it be like all their earlier titles, for good and bad?

Maybe something more on Drawn to Death?

Almost certain more about Dreams...

With Gravity Rush moving over to PS4, I guess we will get some stuff on that.

Likely something on Kill Strain and MatterFall.

Hopefully something on Nier: Automata and Persona 5!! Nier is almost guaranteed imo

Maybe something more on Wattam or Without Memory???

Deep Down?

Ni-oh? Definitely

New Kojima game? Most likely

Ni No Kuni 2??? Definitely

KH3? Nah, KH2.95 first

Hunger?

Yakuza 0 or 6? They will release it instead xD it's SEGA 

I pray for Persona 5 news (the E3 badge looks like Morgana... US release date please?), NnK 2 news, and stuff on Yakuza 0 and 6.

P5 is confirmed to appear. 

Though, it could be just a stand and not on Sony conference.

I'm guessing we will get a release date for The Last Guardian, but who knows.

You mean announcement of delay? =D

I think this is gonna be the best E3 we have had in a long time. 

and I also think this could be the worst E3 we have had in a long time.

We will see though. I really hope for some new IP announcements and release dates for games we already know exist.

Ni-oh? Definitely

KH3? Nah, KH2.95 first

New Kojima game? Most likely

You mean announcement of delay? =D

I got the feeling Sony want to push Ni-oh like Bloodborne, after seeing the success with Bloodborne. It might also be sort of a show-off with PS4 Neo or something, because we know it got various graphical options.

KH3 has been shown off before, but Square might want to give out more stuff on it now. Meh, who knows with Square.

The new Kojima game.... That is definitely going to steal a good portion of the show if they have something interesting to show. It would be kinda surprising if Sony didn't take advantage of it, and then have another update on how the game is going next year.

TLG delayed? A date hasn't been announced yet AFAIK other than 2016, so I guess you're saying 2017? I think they will release it Q4 2016. There has been lots of news about it lately.

Personally, I'm really wondering how Deep Down is going. Will Capcom screw it up? Free-to-play... :\ I think it's likely we will hear something more this year about the game.

I got the feeling Sony want to push Ni-oh like Bloodborne, after seeing the success with Bloodborne. It might also be sort of a show-off with PS4 Neo or something, because we know it got various graphical options.

KH3 has been shown off before, but Square might want to give out more stuff on it now. Meh, who knows with Square.

The new Kojima game.... That is definitely going to steal a good portion of the show if they have something interesting to show. It would be kinda surprising if Sony didn't take advantage of it, and then have another update on how the game is going next year.

TLG delayed? A date hasn't been announced yet AFAIK other than 2016, so I guess you're saying 2017? I think they will release it Q4 2016. There has been lots of news about it lately.

Personally, I'm really wondering how Deep Down is going. Will Capcom screw it up? Free-to-play... :\ I think it's likely we will hear something more this year about the game.

http://gematsu.com/2016/06/sony-announces-partial-e3-2016-lineup

If anything, Yakuza 0 will be there.

Yup, that game is a one big delay, it will be delayed even without release date :awesome:

I didn't know there would be a Psychonauts game with PSVR.

I'm very glad about this:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/06/03/15-things-to-know-about-i-am-setsuna-out-july-19-on-ps4/

:D

Edited by MMDE

New Mass Effect.

New Battlefield, and yes, it's going to be WW1.

Titanfall 2 for PS4, beta testing and single player.

Another Madden... (who'd have guessed???)

New Mass Effect is called Andromeda, some of the graphics looked pretty good. :P

EA Play... Playing for charity! (Personally against several of those causes).

New FIFA game... who'd have guessed???

Fe, a new game, indie though, looks interesting. Personally the only thing so far in this conference I'm remotely interested in, and probably something I might buy. :P

More Star Wars games....

So yeah, more about the new Battlefield... (yawn)

Damn, that conference was really boring and nothing to look forward to IMO.

Edited by MMDE