God of War - E3 2016 Gameplay Trailer

HeySumbode

Don't think ghosts can have kids.

Clearly, you haven't seen

American Horror Story.

Also, it's the ghost of a god so she probably can do some other stuff. More than enough stories about devils or gods having children, especially the Greek gods. I don't think that they would let the minor inconvenience of being dead get in their way.

I'm joking, of course, but stranger things have happened.

This picture man.

Here's the official site of the game https://godofwar.playstation.com/index.php

and here's an article with a few questions answered by Cory Barlog, the director of the game

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/god-of-war-ps4-director-on-the-challenge-of-making/1100-6440945/

GOW-KeyArt-1.jpg

Edited by KratosTheMighty
  • Like 2

and here's an article with a few questions answered by Cory Barlog, the director of the game

A few question yes, but not the important ones that the person should be asking. Either way, I have to wait until somebody manages to get a copy of the game either a week or 2 prior to release date.

Edited by GarciaFever

A few question yes, but not the important ones that the person should be asking. Either way, I have to wait until somebody manages to get a copy of the game either a week or 2 prior to release date.

What important questions would that be? Besides, many questions would get "Sorry, can't comment on that at this time." Or, "We're still working out the details." What you get, is what you're given. All questions, besides major story plot will most likely be answered as the year goes along and as the game takes it's final shape. From those questions alone, which I'm not sure you read... it paints a decent enough picture. 

Would be mind blowing is this game gave a Joel and Ellie type relationship to this game. Really love the direction this is going!

Honestly thought GoW was getting generic, but this game really turned everything around. Hoping that Assassin's Creed will do the same with the "Witcher type AC" coming out, but they should've kept it a surprise like what GoW did. 

From what I'm hearing this game could simply be the beginning of a new Kratos saga including his son. Which I'm all for. I like this side of Kratos. Stumbling to control his anger, while teaching his son how to be as badass as him, without making the same mistakes he did. I see people complaining because of the gameplay changes.... I've been a huge fan of the franchise since the beginning.... and I think the changes are great. The life blood of the franchise is still there, brutal combat, massive set pieces, and Kratos.... but now a new dynamic is added into the mix. Teaching his son, and just tag teaming fucking monsters. Cory Barlog says that Kratos' son doesn't need to be babysat and does actually hold his own. So, I can't wait to see how it unfolds. Definitely getting the collector's edition. I hope it comes with a statue. It'd be cool because I have the young Kratos statue from Ascension, and an old Kratos statue, possibly including his son would be a cool contrast. 

From what I'm hearing this game could simply be the beginning of a new Kratos saga including his son. Which I'm all for. I like this side of Kratos. Stumbling to control his anger, while teaching his son how to be as badass as him, without making the same mistakes he did. I see people complaining because of the gameplay changes.... I've been a huge fan of the franchise since the beginning.... and I think the changes are great. The life blood of the franchise is still there, brutal combat, massive set pieces, and Kratos.... but now a new dynamic is added into the mix. Teaching his son, and just tag teaming fucking monsters. Cory Barlog says that Kratos' son doesn't need to be babysat and does actually hold his own. So, I can't wait to see how it unfolds. Definitely getting the collector's edition. I hope it comes with a statue. It'd be cool because I have the young Kratos statue from Ascension, and an old Kratos statue, possibly including his son would be a cool contrast. 

A nice statuette might warrant a pre-order from me as well. I liked the games mostly because of the mythos and awesome beasts, now that the gameplay will be more up my alley*, I will probably enjoy God Of War even more.

Did I just say that? Gross.

Can I just ask why everything has to be like The Last of Us now? :|

I got that vibe with this and Days Gone.

This game will probably be less like TLOU and more like Witcher. TLOU wasn't the first in its field either, it just showed what decent story and cinematics could get you. I agree with Days Gone borrowing a bit much from TLOU, here's hoping it can stand on its own in the end.

This game will probably be less like TLOU and more like Witcher. TLOU wasn't the first in its field either, it just showed what decent story and cinematics could get you. I agree with Days Gone borrowing a bit much from TLOU, here's hoping it can stand on its own in the end.

Perhaps but the elder/mentor and junior/protégée thing seems very Joel and Ellie to me, plus there's the deer hunting with bows. Maybe I'm just grasping at straws here but there are similarities. Maybe it's just that scene.

Perhaps but the elder/mentor and junior/protégée thing seems very Joel and Ellie to me, plus there's the deer hunting with bows. Maybe I'm just grasping at straws here but there are similarities. Maybe it's just that scene.

I'm going out on a limb and say it's just coincidence. If it's father/son in the woods against animals, parallels to Red Dead Redemption can be made as well. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Ellie and Joel actually never hunted together, or at least not during the bits of their travel that were shown.

A parent/child relation is a strong one, I expect to see it more now that games can be truly cinematic experiences.

• Like 1

I'm going out on a limb and say it's just coincidence. If it's father/son in the woods against animals, parallels to Red Dead Redemption can be made as well. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Ellie and Joel actually never hunted together, or at least not during the bits of their travel that were shown.

A parent/child relation is a strong one, I expect to see it more now that games can be truly cinematic experiences.

That is true, they didn't. I dunno I just got the TLoU vibe in my head, probably from Days Gone actually because I watched the GoW trailer right after that one.

Anyway I'm excited to see more of this GoW and how/if it relates to the original trilogy (I see Kratos has his grey/ash skin so it's somewhat not a reboot?)

If i dont hear this im gonna be a bit  dissapointed. Actually the whole God of War soundtrack is amazing

I hope they haven't gone too serious with this game though. I love God of War because hes a fucking insane angry person that kills for sport, not because its a serious emotional adventure :P . 

That is true, they didn't. I dunno I just got the TLoU vibe in my head, probably from Days Gone actually because I watched the GoW trailer right after that one.

Anyway I'm excited to see more of this GoW and how/if it relates to the original trilogy (I see Kratos has his grey/ash skin so it's somewhat not a reboot?)

I think they have a similar vibe in that they both have the father child dynamic going on. With the aging gamer population we will probably see more of these dynamics in the coming years.

And I bet on the "They killed my son, now I have to avenge him and kill everything" scenario =D

Am I the only one concerned about this? Because this game doesn't look very God-of-War-sy. Feels more like the Last of Us meets Far Cry Primal meets Skyrim.

Oh, please, not again. The first game had an excellent story, but II and III were just so childish. Make Kratos a human being again, not the spoiled brat he was in the last two games.

Okay, so they confirmed that son will be a sidekick and will be together with Kratos throughout the whole game.

Guess no revenge scenario this time =D

• Like 1

Okay, so they confirmed that son will be a sidekick and will be together with Kratos throughout the whole game.

Guess no revenge scenario this time =D

Thank bloody goodness.

I'm a bit worried, but I'll probably still get it. Now let's just hope it delivers.

If i dont hear this im gonna be a bit  dissapointed. Actually the whole God of War soundtrack is amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EytSP67tg_0

I hope they haven't gone too serious with this game though. I love God of War because hes a fucking insane angry person that kills for sport, not because its a serious emotional adventure :P .

Are you kidding? The entire plot of GoW hinges on emotions - guilt, trust, betrayal, anger, love, hope. Kratos isn't nearly as one dimensional as everyone makes him out to be.

• Like 3

Can we maybe acknowledge how silly the plots of GoW 2 and 3, especially 3 got now? 

They were very clearly afterthoughts that took both the character of Kratos and the tone of the series in a very different direction than what the original had ever intended. Not saying this is a bad thing per se, i'd describe it like the transition from the original Alien to Aliens, both have their own value (except for the nonsensical speeches about hope in GoW3, those were pointless and you know it). But we can't continue to act like Kratos, after coming to understand that revenge will not only get him nowhere but has lead to him despising himself even more than before, going onto further revenge rampages over the course of several more games is not consistent storytelling.

"Kratos is back, and he's angrier than ever." If i have to read this line one more time i'll be the angry one. Which is why it's so important that we seems to finally be getting back to the more human side of his character in a way that doesn't seem as forced as the last time they tried it. We can restore him to his past glory without having to ignore the events of 2 and 3. I swear to god if that kid dies and Kratos declares war on the gods again i'll be so done.

• Like 1