PlayStation VR games discussion for VR players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Completely forgot about this thread. Great to see so many posts and info about the games.

Really quickly have been playing Tethered ( God sim ) quite enjoyable if repetitive, Robinson ( I am finding it ok despite some of the reviews, nothing amazing though, climbing mechanics are pretty cool if occasionally flawed ) and Eagle Flight.

If I was to recommend one for purchase would definitely be Eagle Flight, beautiful game, fun challange / time trial style events and perhaps the easiest game to simply lose yourself in VR and just drift around. No motion sickness at all which is testament to what a AAA studio budget can bring to the medium.

I am using the VR with the Pro and have found some noticeable improvements in stability especially in Driveclub VR, ( which was almost unplayable for me before with motion sickness ). How is everyone else finding the VR /PRO combo

Completely forgot about this thread. Great to see so many posts and info about the games.

Really quickly have been playing Tethered ( God sim ) quite enjoyable if repetitive, Robinson ( I am finding it ok despite some of the reviews, nothing amazing though, climbing mechanics are pretty cool if occasionally flawed ) and Eagle Flight.

If I was to recommend one for purchase would definitely be Eagle Flight, beautiful game, fun challange / time trial style events and perhaps the easiest game to simply lose yourself in VR and just drift around. No motion sickness at all which is testament to what a AAA studio budget can bring to the medium.

I am using the VR with the Pro and have found some noticeable improvements in stability especially in Driveclub VR, ( which was almost unplayable for me before with motion sickness ). How is everyone else finding the VR /PRO combo

How do the dinosaurs look in VR?

I want to re-buy a VR set once the start-up bugs get fixed, but I am very much in doubt about getting a Pro first.

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, DuckSwimmer said:

I purchased How We Soar the other day and I'm excited to play it! Overwatch comp is distracting me.

Let me know how How We Soar is, if I still had VR then I would have bought it right away!

I also see the Rogue One X-Wing Mission is out... Too bad it's only playable through Battlefront, I hope they make it a stand-alone title as well for €5 or so.

• Like 1

Finally got around to two PS VR games that I should have got to earlier only I didn't have PlayStation Move controllers.

Played Batman: Arkham VR two days ago and absolutely loved it. The end, which I will not spoil, is absolutely fantastic and did something I haven't seen any VR game do yet.

Also started playing Until Dawn: Rush of Blood and also loved it. Loved how much the game feels like a carnival ride. It seems like the platinum is do-able as the only trophy I'm concerned with is completing the game on psychotic. :D

Edited by olimoo101

30874100063_e5e0759315_o.gif

So... yeah.

Seems rather quiet 'round these parts lately. :giggle:

No matter... I'm still quite enjoying my PSVR. ^_^ I'm absolutely LOVING Eagle Flight, and (im)patiently waiting for my thumb to regain feeling for my next session of Thumper (which, btw, is FAR better played in VR).

Trying out the "Beginning Hour" Resident Evil 7 demo, both with VR and without... it seems VR is definitely the way to go for that game. It's crazy to see just how much LESS immediate/real everything feels when you play it on a 2D screen.

Also, anyone else notice how PSVR units for sale, at least here in the US, are EXTREMELY hard to come by?? It was a force of sheer chance that I was able to score another one over the Thanksgiving weekend - for an Xmas present - for MSRP, without having to pay the current crazy markup on eBay. (People are paying well over $600 for CORE units... a $200+ markup!)

Despite the lack of buzz about the PSVR, it seems people here are STILL buying them up faster than Sony can make them, which is a good sign. :)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

oops never got to replying to this..

How We Soar is alright, it can get pretty frustrating at times due to the controls and the awkward steering controls imo.

Fruit Ninja VR is fun. If you like the app, you'll probably like the VR game. You obviously need to make sure you have enough room or you'll knock things over..

I Expect You to Die is another game I really liked, I didn't get too into it yet, but the introduction sequence is AMAZING (best intro to a VR game).. You're pretty much an agent trying to complete the missing without dying even though it's difficult as hell because there's so many things trying to kill you.

Lethal VR is alright, it's entertaining and fun to an extent.. It can get extremely repeatitive.

Werewolves Within is another fun game I've played I swear Ubisoft knows how to make fun VR games. This game requires you to be social with everyone and cooperate to decide who's the werewolf while considering that you can't kill other townsfolk, turncloaks or deviants (in order to win as a townsfolk). It's just a really fun game imo. I've made a lot of friends on it. Surprisingly the community on it is great. (At night at least)

On 16-12-2016 at 7:33 PM, Fatty_Fatness said:

Spoiler

30874100063_e5e0759315_o.gif

So... yeah.

Seems rather quiet 'round these parts lately. :giggle:

No matter... I'm still quite enjoying my PSVR. ^_^ I'm absolutely LOVING Eagle Flight, and (im)patiently waiting for my thumb to regain feeling for my next session of Thumper (which, btw, is FAR better played in VR).

Trying out the "Beginning Hour" Resident Evil 7 demo, both with VR and without... it seems VR is definitely the way to go for that game. It's crazy to see just how much LESS immediate/real everything feels when you play it on a 2D screen.

Also, anyone else notice how PSVR units for sale, at least here in the US, are EXTREMELY hard to come by?? It was a force of sheer chance that I was able to score another one over the Thanksgiving weekend - for an Xmas present - for MSRP, without having to pay the current crazy markup on eBay. (People are paying well over $600 for CORE units... a $200+ markup!)

Despite the lack of buzz about the PSVR, it seems people here are STILL buying them up faster than Sony can make them, which is a good sign. :)

Well, the initial hype died down so people will be using this thread less and will be making threads about specific games more.

Personally, I loved my first encounter with VR and will definitely go back to it, hopefully somewhere this year. I want to finish working on Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes as well as on Bound (update states they corrected the camera like I recommended), and a lot of games have been released by now that I want to play - Moto Racer 4, Batman, the X-Wing Mission (even though it has no trophies and I need to borrow a copy of Battlefront for it), Robinson and a lot more stuff which I can't recall right now.

I hope those initial fabrication mistakes get fixed soon, can't wait to go back to VR.

On 21/10/2016 at 6:12 PM, Undead Wolf said:

Gal*Gun VR has been announced! http://gematsu.com/2016/10/gal-gun-virtual-reality-game-announced

o1mHhVZl.jpg

They haven't said what platforms it's coming to yet, but I think it's a pretty safe bet that it'll be coming to PSVR.

I have just one thing to say... HELL YES! :awesome:

I'll be getting this, With it being VR my wife can't watch me play it with a confused look on her face =P

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Slipknot_rooney said:

Are the Move controllers needed for many games? I've only played VR Worlds and EVE: Valkyrie so far and I've not looked into other games yet. Until Dawn (Which I know needs the controllers) and Batman VR are the VR games I'd like to try out next.

I think for Batman they're not required, though I'd definitely advise them if they're not required because the whole experience is based around moving your arms as Batman.

Not many games require move, Sony themselves have stated during development that they wanted most games to be compatible with the regular controller.

10 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

I think for Batman they're not required, though I'd definitely advise them if they're not required because the whole experience is based around moving your arms as Batman.

Not many games require move, Sony themselves have stated during development that they wanted most games to be compatible with the regular controller.

If you have them yourself, would you recommend buying them? I'll be going into town tomorrow, while I'm there see what price I can get them for them. I just don't want to buy them and only use them for a couple of games. 

1 hour ago, Slipknot_rooney said:

If you have them yourself, would you recommend buying them? I'll be going into town tomorrow, while I'm there see what price I can get them for them. I just don't want to buy them and only use them for a couple of games. 

I'd say see if you can try them out somewhere because it's higly personal if you enjoy using them or not. I did not own move controllers, and after trying out Batman with them I decided that I wanted move for the games that support it. I've heard others say they'll never play games with move. Whatever you prefer yourself...

19 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

I'd say see if you can try them out somewhere because it's higly personal if you enjoy using them or not. I did not own move controllers, and after trying out Batman with them I decided that I wanted move for the games that support it. I've heard others say they'll never play games with move. Whatever you prefer yourself...

That's cool, thanks for the help!

On 05/01/2017 at 8:02 PM, CaptainMonkster said:

I love the VR as an experience, but to me the games are really Llysfaen too short, Batman VR would have been perfect if it was just longer!

Try out EVE: Valkyrie. It's pretty fun when you get used to it. Only downside is most matches, for me at least, are usually pretty one sided. The plat is a bit of a grind too, but I imagine that's a way to try and get you to buy implants (50% increase in XP).

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 04/01/2017 at 10:32 PM, Hanzoadam said:

I'll be getting this, With it being VR my wife can't watch me play it with a confused look on her face =P

Awesome I didn't know this will definitely be back to Galgun with VR

I have had a bit of a break from VR, no real reason just preoccupied with other games but I have started RE7 in VR and it's really great. Some of the scares are very intense but the overall mood and suspense is unmatched. For the first time in a game I have been apprehensive and hesitant to go into the dark/ pitch black spaces

Edited by cjshaitan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So, are people still playing VR?

I'm likely getting it back after my summer holiday since I'm probably going to have something left of my summer bonus. Only thing I'm thinking about is whether to give PSVR a priority or whether to give PS4Pro a priority, and buy the one without priority come December.

Has anyone played any of these games:

• Driveclub VR. Has it been improved upon?
  • Moto Racer 4. I played an early demo at a PSVR tryout, it was a bit rough but it showed much potential. Most important question about the game: can you put the camera in VR in third person mode?
  • Farpoint. Has anyone pre-ordered it, or tried a demo? I see it's coming out in May...
  • How We Soar. I loved the demo and I'm hoping the full game is a lot of fun.
  • Pinball FX2. I really like The Pinball Arcade, I'm wondering if VR pinball actually adds something.
  • Psychonauts: Rhombus Of Ruin
  • Robinson: The Journey
  • Tethered
  • The Martian VR Experience
  • Unearthing Mars
  • Time Machine

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Butella said:

I would recommend to start playing playroom VR, playstation worlds, until dawn rush of blood, RE7.

ps plus games that are supporting VR are hyper void and race the sun

check https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_VR_games for a complete list.

What the fuck, Race The Sun supports VR now?

I bought it long before it went on PS+ while it was on its first sale, never regretted it.