Financial Year Backlog Challenge Thing

Also I bought AC. I technically bought it for the girlfriend, so it's a gift, but really, eh. 

I might see if any friends still have Skyrim on 360 and boot it up some time. I played a bit of it on PS3 in the day but not much and spread over a fair few months whenever a friend came over and wanted to play it basically. 

Anyway, man, I don't go looking for bargains, but if I find them I can't look away. I don't mind picking up cheap shit frequently, the only problem really is when I pick up something that's like 25 or more and then never play it. That's what I REALLY need to stop doing. Too many games already, but that doesn't seem to stop me. I don't go wasting my money necessarily, since eventually I'll play them, but I'm an incredibly cheap person, like even with Assassin's Creed there, I hit like on their page (and then unlike) to get the code to save a whole 14 cents. So I'm cheap, but I give into temptation way too easily when it comes to games, that's what I'm trying to cut back on with this challenge.

I got my Xbox probably a month or so ago right, and I'll go into how much I've spent, just for the sake of it. For reference, EB is currently selling a PREOWNED Xbox 500gb for 328, and a new one with a game or two (cheap games mind you) will set you back 400. I got

An Xbox One console + controller.

A Star Wars themed controller.

<Games>

For $354.47. And the console was 275 of that, so take that, and 25 for the remote off, you've got 54 dollars for 21 games, not counting things like the Halo collection which has 4 games in it, that's just over $2.50 for each game and some of them, like Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty are only a year or two old and still regularly selling for over 50 dollars PREOWNED in places like EB Games. 

I can't help it man, the cheap skate in me just loves getting a good deal.

I should also say I've never done anything for 14 cents before, and I honestly only did it so I could use it as a point in this post to prove how cheap I am, although here's a better example, I was in Dominos the other day picking up a pizza for the girlfriend on my way home and decided I wanted one for myself, and went to order a 5 buck margherita because I object to paying 12 bucks for their tiny little pizzas of the ones I like, and anyway, it had gone up to 5.95, then I found out if I ordered online it would have still been 5 bucks, and I was genuinely a little annoyed about it. Like, I waste my money on shit all the time, I spent 30 bucks on a shirt being made up with a picture of Steve Buschemi on it for a friend for a joke yesterday, so it's not like I don't spend money, but I just like to feel I'm getting my money's worth, if that makes sense?

I think we pretty much have the same ideology.  :lol: That's mostly why I love long games and probably one of the reasons why I enjoy RPGs so much. I kind of have a unconscious Money/Content ratio like other people convert Euros back to their old currency to complain how expansive everything has become. :P

Anyways, that's kind of my main motive behind buying games. I also mostly escape hype and all that stuff since there are much less games getting released that I can actually play on my outdated consoles and my low end PC. 

Maybe you should raise the limit DLC allowance a little since I originally planned it for around 30€ which should be around 40AUD. It seems like the 20AUD limit will get exhausted pretty quickly. :P

Also, while playing Skyrim you shouldn't focus to much on the story, or at least don't rush it. The main thing that's great about it is the exploration and the fact that you can go anywhere and find something to do and get some piece of gear or treasure or whatever. 

And I can relate to that Xbox deal, when I got my PS3 an ebay for like 100€ it came with a whole bunch of games that I didn't even touch yet like two Fifa games and I never cared about football, a batman game and I'm not a fan of batman either and 2 CoD games, MW2 and Ghosts. as well as a few others. I probably won't be playing MW2 anytime soon since I can only play it in German because it's a censored version and I hate playing translated games... Also, when I tried out the multiplayer the first thing I heard was an armada of sqeakers. I had some fun with Ghosts, though. Don't really know why people didn't like it when it was the current CoD.

Edited by xFalionx

I think it's really good that you try to find good/great deals, but even at a buck each, it adds up quite a lot (both on your wallet and on the pile of backlog of games never played), so try to resist a bit..

Said that I was thinking that I would have problems with the new sale on PSN because of Rocket League DLC,but it didn't got a 50% discount, so there's no problem for me.. I also tough of convincing my brother's girlfriend to buy it and let me play it, since I sometimes do some stuff for her and am gamesharing (kind of, since I sometimes use her consoles) my old PS3/PS4 PS+ games with her.

And actually this will be my main problem during the challenge (at least Rocket League, Driveclub and Bloodbourne have DLC that I want to buy, but only when it's 50+% discount).. other then that, there's quite a few Vita games that I would buy at impulse if I had the money and saw them in a sale.. like I did on the very last day before we started this where I got Natural Doctrine and Lost Dimension.. when I was planning in only buying 1 of them..

Also about the prizes and all, I think the point system is a good idea, and here's some input on it:

- I think that for no story mode games 20 hours should be enough to give the same points as for completing the story mode (with exception of big sandbox adventure games like GTA5 and RPGs, the main story don't last over 10-20 hours, so asking for more playtime in a game without story would be a bit to much).

- If adding bonus times for playing a game for to long, I think we can run that 40 hours played = 1 point thing, but the clock for this only counts after the initial 40 hours.

- NO points for completing DLC or types of games we usually don't play. I say this because the main objective is to not spend money on gaming, and those 2 things will encourage people to buy stuff they probably wouldn't in the first place or to buy DLC, so it kind of goes against the idea of not spending money..

And my gaming update..

Played a bit of GTA5 (a but of random boost, just 4 races..), and got a trophy in the process..

Played a bit of Thief, completed the 2nd chapter, and decided that this is what I will be actively playing.

I continued to play SFxT misions on PS3 and Vita while the PS3 download stuff (and is still downloading..), now have 17 missions cleared on both versions, missing missions number 17, 19 and 20 in both (the 3 hardest..).. I will keep coming back to this to try the last 3 missions when I'm in a mood for it, since there's still about 80+Gb of download to do on my PS3.. (Ya, I'm sitting in this PS3 now, and am downloading most of my backlog, so it takes a long while to download everything..).

I also checked Doodle God (we got all 3 Doodle games for free for some reason, there was a thread somewhere here in the forums about it), seems silly and easy trophies, so I will use it someday when I feel like collecting some quick and easy trophies :lol: , but that's not today..

I think we pretty much have the same ideology.  :lol: That's mostly why I love long games and probably one of the reasons why I enjoy RPGs so much. I kind of have a unconscious Money/Content ratio like other people convert Euros back to their old currency to complain how expansive everything has become. :P

Anyways, that's kind of my main motive behind buying games. I also mostly escape hype and all that stuff since there are much less games getting released that I can actually play on my outdated consoles and my low end PC. 

Maybe you should raise the limit DLC allowance a little since I originally planned it for around 30€ which should be around 40AUD. It seems like the 20AUD limit will get exhausted pretty quickly. :P

Also, while playing Skyrim you shouldn't focus to much on the story, or at least don't rush it. The main thing that's great about it is the exploration and the fact that you can go anywhere and find something to do and get some piece of gear or treasure or whatever. 

And I can relate to that Xbox deal, when I got my PS3 an ebay for like 100€ it came with a whole bunch of games that I didn't even touch yet like two Fifa games and I never cared about football, a batman game and I'm not a fan of batman either and 2 CoD games, MW2 and Ghosts. as well as a few others. I probably won't be playing MW2 anytime soon since I can only play it in German because it's a censored version and I hate playing translated games... Also, when I tried out the multiplayer the first thing I heard was an armada of sqeakers. I had some fun with Ghosts, though. Don't really know why people didn't like it when it was the current CoD.

I mean, we could raise it, but like, if I'm allowed to spend more, odds are I will, I don't know if you or anyone else is the same.

See, that's the problem with Skyrim, for me at least. There's been very few games I can just free roam in endlessly. Spider-Man 2 (or any Spidey game really, they're pretty similar) is one that I can just screw around in for hours at a time. Just Cause 2 I've wasted countless hours doing dumb free roaming shit in. That's really it, I don't mind a bit of free roaming in the PS2 era GTAs every now and then, but even with those games, I usually just replay the story mode when I wanna play the game. I used to love screwing around in games but the last few years there's only been a few games that really got me to get into it. Dying Light would be a great example, holy shit was that game fun to just run around and beat up zombies.

I'm gonna go on the Xbox store and figure out how much these games are actually going for, excuse me.

An Xbox One console + controller. $398 @ EB w/ 3 games, similar in price range to the 3 I got with my Xbox

A Star Wars themed controller. $89 @ JB, $89.95 @ EB

Alan Wake $29.95

Assassin's Creed: Unity $39.95 

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (actually not available by itself, only gold edtion, which replaced the original game and kept it's price) $100.20, not sure if sale or just weird number.

Call of Duty: Black Ops $49.95

Dark Souls $29.95

Fallout 3 $19.95

Gears of War $19.95

Gears of War 2 $29.95

Halo Reach $39.95

Halo: Master Chief Collection $49.95

Joy Ride Turbo $9.95

Just Cause 2 $19.95

Limbo $13.45

Minecraft $29.95

Rare Replay $49.95

Rise of the Tomb Raider $99.95

Sunset Overdrive $39.95

Rainbow Six Vegas $9.95

Rainbow Six Vegas 2 $9.95

The Lego Movie $89.95

and The Witcher 2 $49.95

Total value if bought at Xbox store cost $1320.65

Total amount paid if bought by Dylan $354.47.

I literally saved just under a thousand dollars on that shit. I mean, obviously those prices are ridiculous and not reflective of what they're really worth/what you could get them for at retail, but still, the point is valid, that it pays to shop around.

I think it's really good that you try to find good/great deals, but even at a buck each, it adds up quite a lot (both on your wallet and on the pile of backlog of games never played), so try to resist a bit..

Said that I was thinking that I would have problems with the new sale on PSN because of Rocket League DLC,but it didn't got a 50% discount, so there's no problem for me.. I also tough of convincing my brother's girlfriend to buy it and let me play it, since I sometimes do some stuff for her and am gamesharing (kind of, since I sometimes use her consoles) my old PS3/PS4 PS+ games with her.

And actually this will be my main problem during the challenge (at least Rocket League, Driveclub and Bloodbourne have DLC that I want to buy, but only when it's 50+% discount).. other then that, there's quite a few Vita games that I would buy at impulse if I had the money and saw them in a sale.. like I did on the very last day before we started this where I got Natural Doctrine and Lost Dimension.. when I was planning in only buying 1 of them..

Also about the prizes and all, I think the point system is a good idea, and here's some input on it:

- I think that for no story mode games 20 hours should be enough to give the same points as for completing the story mode (with exception of big sandbox adventure games like GTA5 and RPGs, the main story don't last over 10-20 hours, so asking for more playtime in a game without story would be a bit to much).

- If adding bonus times for playing a game for to long, I think we can run that 40 hours played = 1 point thing, but the clock for this only counts after the initial 40 hours.

- NO points for completing DLC or types of games we usually don't play. I say this because the main objective is to not spend money on gaming, and those 2 things will encourage people to buy stuff they probably wouldn't in the first place or to buy DLC, so it kind of goes against the idea of not spending money..

And my gaming update..

Played a bit of GTA5 (a but of random boost, just 4 races..), and got a trophy in the process..

Played a bit of Thief, completed the 2nd chapter, and decided that this is what I will be actively playing.

I continued to play SFxT misions on PS3 and Vita while the PS3 download stuff (and is still downloading..), now have 17 missions cleared on both versions, missing missions number 17, 19 and 20 in both (the 3 hardest..).. I will keep coming back to this to try the last 3 missions when I'm in a mood for it, since there's still about 80+Gb of download to do on my PS3.. (Ya, I'm sitting in this PS3 now, and am downloading most of my backlog, so it takes a long while to download everything..).

I also checked Doodle God (we got all 3 Doodle games for free for some reason, there was a thread somewhere here in the forums about it), seems silly and easy trophies, so I will use it someday when I feel like collecting some quick and easy trophies :lol: , but that's not today..

We'll iron out the point system sometime soon I guess, but it's good to know you're all in favor of something like that. 

How do you find the different controls for the 2 versions of SFxT? I preferred it immensely on Vita just because of the clickiness of the buttons, I love that for fighting games, I thought the Vita was fantastic for fighters, Injustice was incredible on the Vita.

I forgot Doodle God was free, I actually found that at random on the store, put it up on a bargain hunting site thing I'm on, got a bunch of likes and shit, and then someone pointed me to the thread on here about it and I'm like "Fucking really? I'm on that site all the time and I miss something for free? Really? Pick up your game, Dylan"

I mean, we could raise it, but like, if I'm allowed to spend more, odds are I will, I don't know if you or anyone else is the same.

How do you find the different controls for the 2 versions of SFxT? I preferred it immensely on Vita just because of the clickiness of the buttons, I love that for fighting games, I thought the Vita was fantastic for fighters, Injustice was incredible on the Vita.

I forgot Doodle God was free, I actually found that at random on the store, put it up on a bargain hunting site thing I'm on, got a bunch of likes and shit, and then someone pointed me to the thread on here about it and I'm like "Fucking really? I'm on that site all the time and I miss something for free? Really? Pick up your game, Dylan"

Ya, I'm the same, if I'm allowed to spend more I would be more liberal with the money.. said that the increase to 30€ seems reasonable..

SFxT on PS3 it's just like SSFIV, and requires us to use more simultaneous button presses (the Vita may have 2 less trigger buttons, but in compensation it got 6 touch-pad buttons, so we can have more shorcuts on the Vita).. in some way tough, it's almost the same.. Still I'm mainly using Zangief and Hugo with Super Easy Input gems and spamming stuff (ya, I suck at 2D fighters.. but I like to try them..).

Still I'm not a fan of the Vita for fighters.. most of my BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extended trophies where gotten with the Vita TV because I'm more used to play fighters with the DS3..

Still doing the missions on the PS3 and Vita back to back is proving to be somewhat efficient, since usually after I beat a mission on the Vita, I can recreate it on the PS3 quicker (yet sometimes it still takes 2-3 hours..). It will probably take great dedication and luck to beat those last 3 missions, but now I'm a bit more confident that I can pull that off.. a bit like DoA5 last year or Wipeout HD before that... It may be hard, but with enough time and patience, I think that I will be able to do it.

As for Doodle, I actually just run into the thread about it being free on the home page.. I don't really go looking for threads on the site other then the few that I keep an eye on (like this, and some Lets play, Song Vote and so on), or stuff that I see by chance at the hope page.. Never been interested in the Doodle games, and after playing a bit on my alt, I'm still not interested, but if it's a quick and easy 100% trophy, I will end up playing it sooner or later..

I bought another game today. I KNOW I'M SORRY I AM ACTUALLY TRYING BELIEVE IT OR NOT. So there goes 3 bucks.

Which leads to my next point, I think, since I'm obviously far too late to finish this challenge without spending a dime, that I might re-evaluate and instead aim to just keep within the 20 dollar  and 3 game budget, if I can pull that, I'm still holding back a shit load, I might splurge a bit when the challenge ends, and then try again next time with full intention on buying anything at all. That Assassin's Creed Xbone game for $2.66 is getting harder and harder not to buy.

If you continue this shopping tour of yours you'll only win the title for "getting most games within 20 USD" :P:D

Or maybe even "added most games to backlog" too xD

If you continue this shopping tour of yours you'll only win the title for "getting most games within 20 USD" :P:D

Or maybe even "added most games to backlog" too xD

It's not my fault! The girlfriend loves shopping and it calms the baby down to go walk around in the pram and shit and I'm not gonna go to a bunch of shops and look at all her shit without going into a game store as well. 

I would love that idea though, call it something stupid like Bang For Your Buck - most games bought with least amount spent. Lulz.

Ya, I'm the same, if I'm allowed to spend more I would be more liberal with the money.. said that the increase to 30€ seems reasonable..

SFxT on PS3 it's just like SSFIV, and requires us to use more simultaneous button presses (the Vita may have 2 less trigger buttons, but in compensation it got 6 touch-pad buttons, so we can have more shorcuts on the Vita).. in some way tough, it's almost the same.. Still I'm mainly using Zangief and Hugo with Super Easy Input gems and spamming stuff (ya, I suck at 2D fighters.. but I like to try them..).

Still I'm not a fan of the Vita for fighters.. most of my BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extended trophies where gotten with the Vita TV because I'm more used to play fighters with the DS3..

Still doing the missions on the PS3 and Vita back to back is proving to be somewhat efficient, since usually after I beat a mission on the Vita, I can recreate it on the PS3 quicker (yet sometimes it still takes 2-3 hours..). It will probably take great dedication and luck to beat those last 3 missions, but now I'm a bit more confident that I can pull that off.. a bit like DoA5 last year or Wipeout HD before that... It may be hard, but with enough time and patience, I think that I will be able to do it.

As for Doodle, I actually just run into the thread about it being free on the home page.. I don't really go looking for threads on the site other then the few that I keep an eye on (like this, and some Lets play, Song Vote and so on), or stuff that I see by chance at the hope page.. Never been interested in the Doodle games, and after playing a bit on my alt, I'm still not interested, but if it's a quick and easy 100% trophy, I will end up playing it sooner or later..

Really? I love the Vita for fighters, but fair enough. I like the 3DS for them too, I just really enjoy clicky buttons for fighters and most controllers, at least mine, are too spongey for me to really get into it.

That's true, first time I did Flappy Goat it took me like 3 or 4 hours, next time it was like 10 minutes or so.

The games look dodgy as hell, but free is free. So many Xbox games get given away for free I've realized and it bums me out that it's not the same on PSN. Tekken Tag 2 was free for everyone on Gold a few weeks back (not as a GWG game, just a free thing for E3), Witcher 2 was free when backward compatibility came out, Limbo was free the other day, Joy Ride Turbo was a give away from Wal-Mart's website and so on. Free shit is the best shit.

• Like 1

With Skyrim, is it too late to get in? Is it worth getting the old gen version? Is it worthwhile without mods? Will I like it, considering everyone who liked it loved Fallout 4 and that bored me to death? I saw it on 360 in Cashies today for 6 bones, and that's one of the games that work on the Xbox One, I was tempted, and had I not been trying to not buy shit I'd have grabbed it any other day because 6 bucks is 6 bucks.

Also Smart As, how are you finding that? I actually quite enjoyed it, felt like a Brain Training knock off for Vita, which makes sense because it kind of was, they still want like 30 bucks for it here in the 2 stores that still stock Vita, and like, if the game was a pack in it would be awesome, but it's not worth a penny over 10 bucks in my opinion. Screwing around with Skyhook was pretty tedious too but not a nightmare, have you got the online trophies, can you still get them anymore at all? Are there even online trophies? I remember something where I had to mess with the GPS system to cheat it, but not sure if they were online anymore. Oh well.

*snip*

I still enjoy vanilla Skyrim, played it again with my grandpa today in fact - but then half the fun for me is finding exploits or backjumping up the side of a mountain just to see if I can, or whatever. Some playthroughs I don't even finish the quest to spawn the dragons, I just play Thiefy McArrows and do guild stuff and steal everything that isn't nailed down, or impose challenges like conjured weapons only (fun) or illusion/res magic and followers only (fun for an hour, then tedious), that sort of thing. The Xbox version is still way more stable and has less save file bloat problems than the PS3 version. The DLCs were all well worth it, though idiot NPCs charging vampires with pointy sticks and getting slaughtered is really annoying, so if you're going to skip one skip Dawnguard. Anyway I liked Fallout 4 but it really can't compare (partly because they keep patching out all the fun exploits) - I've put >500 hours on Skyrim and I can't think of a better way to stretch 6 dollars. I'm even looking forward to starting fresh with the remaster. The PC version with mods is, it should be noted, far far superior than the console editions unless you're running it on ancient tech.

Smart as... is pretty underrated, I think it's fun. Some of the minigames, while neat, are pretty gimmicky though (looking at you, AR cards). Plus it gives me the smug sense of superiority of being smarter (or at least having better reflexes) than >90% of the people who played it, which is pretty great :P

I agree that Smart as... isn't worth more than ten bucks, though. As soon as I get the plat I'll likely delete it to make room for Severed or Dungeon Travelers 2 or something else in the backlog. I did start it late so I had to mess around with Skyhook on all three routers in my house to get enough stars before the servers shut down, which happened at the end of May, I think? I don't think you can earn the online trophies anymore, which sucks for new players. :/

I played a little more Star Ocean V today. The big bads are so shallow and cliche it's kind of painful, but the combat's still fun. Maining Emmerson and enjoying the acid trip visuals of his skill attacks. Hit day 80 on Smart as... today as well, 25-something to go if it's like the 50 days trophy popping late. Think I'm going to go play the first chapter of The Walking Dead: Michonne on PS3 now.

Really? I love the Vita for fighters, but fair enough. I like the 3DS for them too, I just really enjoy clicky buttons for fighters and most controllers, at least mine, are too spongey for me to really get into it.

Well, I grew up playing Tekken with the original Dual Shock, so I'm much more used to it.. plus I wasn't really into portable gaming until I got the Vita, I have a PSP, but did enjoy it for some reason (probably the screen size..), and the main reason for me to buy a PSP at the time was FFVII: Crisis Core and Persona 3 Portable (I have all 3 versions of P3..), but I kind of regret a bit having bought P3P retail version.. the special retail edition is cool and all, but I can't play it on the Vita.. and it's always super expensive on PSN. I could play it on the PSP, but the screen size throws me off a bit.

Just hope that I get lucky and they give it as a PS+ game, since they seem to be giving a PSP game every month now.. but I doubt that I would get that lucky to get P3P on PS+..

Back to SFxT, I managed to beat Mission 17 on the Vita, but not yet on PS3.. So 2 missions to go on the Vita, 3 on PS3..this will take a long while :lol:

And opposed to what I tough, I still suffer a lot of motion sickness from first person perspective games, so Thief will be a long and bumpy road.. And ya, even if I get motion sickness I keep playing Thief, because I like this kind of stealth games..

Edit: Finely beat SFxT mission 17 on PS3!! Now 19 and 20 to go on both systems.. not looking forward to them at all..

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

Wow that was a busy week at work, looks like I've got some catching up to do...

UPDATE TIME AGAIN Y'ALL

Aww yeah, words & shit!

I'm perfectly fine with this, I can only imagine how annoying it was to update the %'s on mine each time (I find it hard to keep up with at times) as well as everybody elses. Next time you update the lists could you put a little note next to Skyrim, Mass Effect 2 & Driveclub that all the DLCs are included? Just so anybody who sees it will know that I`m going to be doing them as well as the regular game. Also, you accidentally left in Mass Effect 2's DLCs (Zaeed: The Price of Revenge & Arrivalon my list when you changed to the new format.

Awesome ideas

Nice ideas, I`d include things like "Finish all of your designated pickups", "Finish all undesignated pickups" or even just something simple like "Most backlog progress" (Although that one might be hard to determine, especially for people with alot of unstarted games that may remain unstarted).

Alright guys, sorry I don't quote you directly anymore, or two often at least, most of my responses can really be applied to everyone so I don't feel the need. Anyway, in terms of prizes, I was gonna ask how you guys wanted to do it. Buying a lot of PSN vouchers to give away to winners of a challenge built on me not spending money on game stuff seems kind of counter intuitive, so realistically I'm probably only gonna have 4 or 5 of the things to throw away, which leads into the next bit. I was gonna say that everyone should come up with one category on their own that we can all be compared, like biggest completed backlog, most trophy level progress, biggest dick size, etc. but if there's not that many prizes to hand out having so many things seems kind of illogical, so I was going to suggest a point system...? Like, off the top of my head, let's say completing a game's story mode (which is what I'm gonna be trying to do mostly) should be worth 1 point, completing the story mode of a game you hadn't played before (because half the stuff I play I've clocked ten times already) should be worth 2, platinum'ing a game should be worth 5, doing all the DLC should be another point or like half a point for every DLC pack you do or something, you get the idea? What do you guys think? Also, I know there's no real way to prove what we've played in the case there's no trophies (I'm gonna be playing a LOT of PSP games) and I could upload my saves if I really wanted but, I'm gonna just assume and hope since there's not too much to really gain, that all of us can be trusted to not fibberjib on our lists. 

I'm all for using backlog completion as a challenge measure (I mean, this is the Financial Backlog challenge afterall), but maybe we could try using our initial games played lists and give out points to whoever finishes the most or all of that list?

As for my update, I'll write it up tomorrow when I have more time. I started 3 more games on my holiday Monday but other then that haven't made much gaming progress because I was so tired after work that I didn't really do anything at all.

• Like 1

Those past 2 days I have been mainly focusing on SFxT.. and I think that I will keep focusing on it until I finish the Missions.. As of now I'm only missing mission # 20 on PS3 and missions #19 and 20 on the Vita (was extremely lucky with #19 on PS3..).. That's all my gaming in the past 2 days too..

And the weekly update..

HAN_THE_DRAGON

Games Played (Games started that I plan to play or complete during the session time):

• Currently playing:

Natural Doctrine (Vita)

→ 1st of July 2016 - 0% Trophy complete, Game started, online trophy boost.

→ 2nd of July 2016 - 43% Trophy complete, All online trophy acquired, 2 story dungeons clear.

Thief (PS3)

→ Before 1st of July 2016 - 12% Trophy complete, Chapter 1 complete.

→ 12th of July 2016 - 14% Trophy complete, Just got a random trophy and decided to play actively this game again.

→ 14th of July 2016 - 17% Trophy complete, Chapter 2 and events between Chapter 2 and 3 complete.

Street Fighter x Tekken (PS3)

→ Before 1st of July 2016 - 65% Trophy complete, Missing the grindy part plus 13 missions. Online: 300+ matches played and 50 wins gotten.

→ 12h of July 2016 - 84% Trophy complete, online boost working for 100 perfects, 100 wins and 500 matches played. Cleared most of the missions (missing #4, 17, 19 and 20).

→ 14th of July 2016 - 84% Trophy complete, Missing 2 missions (#19 and 20).

→ 16th of July 2016 - 84% Trophy complete, Missing 1 mission (#20).

Street Fighter x Tekken (PSV)

→ Before 1st of July 2016 - 98% Trophy complete, Missing 16 missions.

→ 12th of July 2016 - 98% Trophy complete, Missing 4 missions (#4, 17, 19 and 20).

→ 14th of July 2016 - 98% Trophy complete, Missing 2 missions (#19 and 20).

• On and off or on hold:

Rocket League, no paid DLC   :platinum:

→ 2nd of July 2016 - 66% Trophy Complete, Have the Platinum and all the Utopian Coliseum trophies, working on the Neo Tokyo trophy set, missing the 2 Certified Item related trophies.

→ 3rd of July 2016 - 68% Trophy Complete, Have the Platinum and Utopian Coliseum and Neo Tokyo trophy sets at 100%.

Race the Sun (PS3/PS4/Vita)

→ Before 1st of July 2016 - 19% Trophy complete, Only played a bit, and I’m level 11.

→ 11th of July 2016 - 47% Trophy complete, Got to max level (25) and got the Knight trophy (1.000.000 points) and Circus trophy (touch a cloud).

Grand Theft Auto V (PS3)

→ Before 1st of July 2016 - 11% Trophy complete, Story somewhere not far from the 1st heist. Online lvl5

→ 12th of July 2016 - 12% Trophy complete, Just played a bit of online. Now lvl6... and got a random trophy..

Rainbow Moon (PS3/Vita) - 32% Trophy complete, 30 hours into it, somewhere in the middle of the story

Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker (PS3) - 58% Trophy complete, online trophies and Story finished

Kingdom Hearts Re:Chains of Memories - 87% Trophy complete, both playthroughs on easy done, need 4 more playthroughs

Bloodbourne, no DLC - 3% Trophy complete, killed 1st story boss..

Muramasa Rebirth, no DLC - 14% Trophy complete, finished story of 1 character

• Games Complete (100%):

Ni no Kuni  :platinum: 

→ 1st of July 2016 - 2% Trophy complete, Currently heading out of the 2nd city.

→ 4th of July 2016 - 8% Trophy complete, Finished the events in Fairyland, along all available hunts and all, but 1 errand. 21 hours played according to in-game clock.

→ 6th of July 2016 - 13% Trophy complete, Story: Got 2 of the 3 stones for Mornstar, finished all available hunts and all errands except 1 (Show 3 Creatures to Derwin, currently evolving the last 4 needed). 95/100 Hidden Treasures, 93 Creatures Tamed (Including Dinoceros). 41 hours and 30 minutes played according to in-game clock.

→ 8th of July 2016 - 59% Trophy complete, Story Finished. Completed all hunts and all errands except 1 (Alchemy related errand). Got all Hidden Treasures and Treasure Chests, 139 Creatures Tamed and 90 different items created. Also got the trophies for getting 500.000 gilder, exploring all areas and buying all VIP stuff in the casino. 66 hours and 50 minutes played according to in-game clock (this includes some hours of idle time…).

→ 10th of July 2016 - 100% Trophy complete , Story Finished. 100% Tasks and Wizard Companion completion, 90% Creature Compendium complete, 91% Alchemy complete. Got all Hidden Treasures and Treasure Chests. And got the platinum.. 81 hours and 30 minutes played according to in-game clock (so about 80 hours removing some idle time, didn’t took as long as I was expecting to platinum, and the grind didn’t felt all that bad, only 10 or so hours of grinding for the alchemy trophy and then another 6 or so hours of grinding to get the 250 familiars).

Pick-ups

Persona 5 (PS4)

Final Fantasy XV (PS4)

Tekken 7 (PS4)

Cave-ins

Nothing so far.

DLC

Nothing so far

0/13.45 €

Backlog (Games not started yet for whatever reason, although it's mostly PS+ content)

Ar Tonelico 3 - Bought for no reason ages ago (along Atelier Rorona, check my trophies for the date..)

Batman Arkham Asylum - PS+

Batman Arkham City+DLC - PS+ and I bought the DLC..

Beyond Two Souls - To borrow from my brother..

Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut - PS+

Deception IV (PS3) - Bought it for no reason for PS3.. I tough it was the Vita version at the time :/

Dragon's Dogma - PS+

Dragon's Crown (Vita) - PS+

Dishonored GotY Edition (PS3) - To borrow from my brother..

Grand Theft Auto V (PS4) - To borrow from my brother.. (not likely that I will play it.. again)

Hitman Trilogy - bought long ago

I Am Alive - PS+

Lost Dimension (Vita)

Kingdom Hearts II - Bought long ago, only played Birth by Sleep from this KH collection and I want to at least plat Chain of Memories before playing this one

Kingdoms of Amalur - PS+, no DLC

Mafia II - To borrow from my brother (unlikely..)

Metal Gear Solid 3 (PS3) - Bought, part of the MGS HD collection, never played much MGS, except for Peace Walker..

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zero (PS4) - PS+

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines - PS+

Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments - PS+

Sports Champions 2 - To borrow from my brother (unlikely..)

Styx: Master of Shadows - PS+

The Crew - To borrow from my brother..

Watchdogs + DLC (PS4) - To borrow from my brother

Anything that I find interesting from PS+ at any time or that my brother buys..

Change log:

9th July 2016 - Weekly update and add the PS+ game Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines to the backlog.

10th July 2016 - Add a "Games Complete" sub-section to the "Games Played" section and moved Ni no Kuno to "Games Complete".

16th July 2016 - Weekly update. Moved Thief and Street Fighter x Tekken PS3 and Vita to "Games Played"

Note: No changes to be made on the 1st post.

Hello, I didn't forget about this, I was just gone for the past week and a half on a trip. But I'm back! Here's some updates on the stuff I did after signing up for this thing

- I got a multiplayer trophy from Battlefield 4 (silver! :) )

- Another Helldivers trophy

- GOT FLAWLESS RAIDER IN DESTINY :) , so platinum will now be on the way within the next few weeks because that was the only one stopping me

- Some more Rocket League trophies

- I booted up Dying Light again after a while, knocked out most of the co-op trophies so now I've only got to clean up a few more trophies to get this beautiful plat for this beautiful game  :wub:

Also got into a good crew for Uncharted 4 ranked matches, so I've gotten less trophies lately

I noticed the format changed, we're no longer putting percent completions? That's fine if we aren't. Also, point system sounds like a cool thing on the side, I wouldn't want it to be the main focus since this isn't really a competition, but more like a challenge to not spend money. I support point system though.

(The part you paste is here)

CURRENTLY CLEANING UP / PLAYING

Helldivers (PS4)

ZOMBI (PS4)

Battlefield 4 (PS4)

Destiny (PS4)

Rocket League (PS4)

Dying Light (PS4)

THINGS I’M PROBABLY GONNA BUY

None at the moment

HOW MUCH STUFF I’VE COMPLETED BECAUSE OF THIS EVENT

None at the moment

HOW MUCH PAIN MY WALLET IS IN

0 dollars and 0 cents

HOW MUCH PAIN MY WALLET IS IN: DLC EDITION

0 dollars and 0 cents

Finally time for my update, had a busy week at work but managed to get some progress in this weekend. I also started a trio of new games on monday during my day off last monday, which marks the beginning of my chipping into backlog games that I haven't even started yet. Anyway, without further ado, here's my updated list:

Ratchet2425:

Currently Playing: 

Games played at beginning of event (In no particular order) (% completed before July 1st, % currently completed, date game was started, (additional information)):

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: 94% base, 78% overall. 94% base, 78% overall. January 6th, 2012.

• Dawnguard: 62%. 62%. February 27th, 2013.
  • Hearthfire: 100%. 100%. February 20th, 2013. (Finished already but listing here to show I have all the DLC)
  • Dragonborn: 0%. 0%. February 17th, 2013. (Bought on this date, is installed but haven't started working on it yet)

Hyperdimension Neptunia: 32%. 33%. March 14th, 2016.

Tales of Graces f: 11%. 11%. ~October 5th, 2015.

Tales of Xillia 2: 24%. 24%. ~October 24th, 2014. (Unsure of exact start, was likely closer to November as I wanted to complete Xillia 1's story first)

Metal Gear Solid 2: 77%. 78%. September 13th, 2014.

Metal Gear Solid 3: 15%. 15%. November 8th, 2015.

Dragon Age II: 39%. 41%. October 18th, 2013. (Base game only)

Heavy Rain: 42%. 51%. October 3rd, 2014.

Beyond: Two Souls: 36%. 36%. September 5th, 2014.

Dynasty Warriors 7: 34%. 36%. November 21st, 2015.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd: 29%. 29%. September 13th, 2015.

Mass Effect 2: 89% base, 85% overall. 89% base, 85% overall. September 14th, 2014

• Zaeed: The Price of Revenge: 100%. 100%. September 14th, 2014. (Finished Already, listed here to show I have all the DLC)
  • Arrival: 0%. 0%. March 19th, 2016 (Bought on this date, is installed but haven't started yet)

Ratchet Deadlocked: 3%. 6%. May 29th, 2016.

Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault: 15%. 15%. May 28th, 2016.

Jak 3: 58%. 58%. February 2nd, 2013.

Sonic Adventure: 43% base, 30% overall. 43% base, 30% overall. July 22nd, 2015

• Sonic Adventure DX: 0%. 0%. July 22nd, 2015.

Final Fantasy X HD: 9%. 9%. July 24th, 2015.

Valkyria Chronicles Remastered 0%. 0%. May 17th, 2016.

Rock Band 4: 8%. 25%. June 29th, 2016.

Senran Kagura Estival Versus: 20%. 20%. March 19th, 2016.

Uncharted 2: 26%. 26%. September 8th, 2012.

Uncharted 1 Remastered: 9%. 9%. December 26th, 2015.

Command & Conquer Red Alert 3: 88%. 88%. May 5th, 2009.

Driveclub: 66% base, 29% overall. 74% base, 38% overall. January 15th, 2016.

• Driveclub Tour: 50%. 50%. January 15th, 2016
    • Ignition: 100%. 100%. January 15th, 2016 (Finished already, listed for completions sake)
    • Photo-Finish: 0%. 50%. January 15th, 2016
    • Redline: 33%. 100%. January 15th, 2016
    • Elements: 0%. 17%. January 15th, 2016
    • Apex: 0%. 0%. January 15th, 2016
    • Sakura: 0%. 0%. January 15th, 2016
    • Downforce: 0%. 0%. January 15th, 2016
    • Midnight: 17%. 33%. January 15th, 2016
    • Lamborghini: 17%. 17%. January 15th, 2016
    • Pacesetter: 8%. 17%. January 15th, 2016
    • Turbocharged: 0%. 0%. January 15th, 2016
    • Evolution: 0%. 0%. January 15th, 2016
    • Lamborghini Icons: 100%. 100%. January 15th, 2016 (Finished already, listed for completions sake)
    • Torque: 0%. 0%. January 15th, 2016
    • RPM: 0%. 17%. January 15th, 2016
    • Velocity: 0%. 0%. January 15th, 2016
    • Horsepower: 0%. 0%. January 15th, 2016
    • Unite in Speed: 17%. 17%. January 15th, 2016
    • All Stars: 100%. 100%. January 15th, 2016 (Finished already, listed for completions sake)
    • AMG: 33%. 33%. January 15th, 2016

Games started on July 11th (% completed, date game was purchased, (additional information)):

Assassins Creed III: 3%. June 2nd, 2016. (Base Game only)

Sonic Adventure 2: 5%. June 27th, 2015. (Base Game only)

Echochrome: 0%. May/June 2016 (PS+ Game)

Completed Games: (Date Started, Date Finished, Time Taken)

Gone Home: June 27th 2016, July 2nd 2016, 5 Days, 2 Hours

Pick-ups:

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X (PS4) (Officially pre-ordered & locked-in)
Tales of Berseria (PS4)

Darkest Dungeon (PS4)

Games bought because I'm a bitch and couldn't hold out

None, Yet...

DLC Allowance

None, hopefully it stays this way

Current Overall Spendings: $0.00

To save you some work Spidey Guy, the main update to my list is these 3 games under currently playing:

• Assassins Creed III
  • Echochrome
  • Sonic Adventure 2

Time for the light game update..

During the past 2 days, again, I only played SFxT. I finished the missions on both Vita and PS3 versions, and this got me the platinum in the Vita version, I'm currently boosting the "Use" and "Finish" x amount of times with Cross Assaults and Cross Arts to get the platinum on the PS3, and am hoping to be done in 2 more days (need more 482 Cross Assaults and 309 Cross Arts, since I'm grinding in VS mode, obviously the "Finish" will be gotten somewhere along the way to those..).

That's all for this last 2 days..

I actually finished the missions while watching EVO waiting for SFV top 8.. and wasn't happy with the Tekken 7 announcement in there.. my mains (Kunimitsu/Zafina) seem to be further and further away from finding their way into Tekken 7.. specially now with Master Raven, since while she seems like a skin change for Raven, ends up filling the "female Ninja" slot, but with Raven move set, not Kuni :(, also I don't believe that Lei is still missing and they decide to add Bob of all people.. Ok, I will stop the off-topic here.. (but it's slightly on-topic because Tekken 7 is 1 of my 3 pick-ups :lol:)

I'm feeling too tired for a full update so go ahead and just add

Garrys Mod (PC)

Minecraft (PC)

to my list of started games, since I payed Gmod for a few hours with one of my little brothers and continued to build on some anime related things together with one of my buddies in MC.

As far as progress goes. I've completed a few more implements in SAO:HF and I think I'm currently missing like 15 for the trophy but I'm don't feel like counting them again right now...

I also earned like 7 trophies in Rune Factory Oceans and I've finished about half of the story. 

I've done basically nothing because mostly because I'm lazy and can't be bothered to start Burial at Sea, my daughter constantly grabs the charging cable, the controller, the PS3, etc.  and I've been busy playing Destiny.  I did however do some Razing Storm boosting which makes me the smallest step closer to finishing the MP boosting for it.

Back at it with another update.

- I started playing Payday 2: Crimewave Edition again  :wub: , knocked out a few trophies with a new heisting crew I found on PSNP

- Finally finished Rocket League! I got my 150th item after an intense 1v1 match for the platinum, I came back from being down 1-4 to winning 7-5 (other person forfeited then lol) 1S0baa81.png  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

- Continued my 2nd run for Uncharted 4, got a trophy (Trials and Tribulations)

Also, a quick question. I was looking to buy some video game statuettes to deck out my setup, like the statue of Nate from Uncharted 4 Collector's Edition. Would that count as spending for this competition, or is it unrelated because it's just a statuette and not an actual game?

Here's the pasting part:

CURRENTLY CLEANING UP / PLAYING

Payday 2: Crimewave Edition (PS4)

ZOMBI (PS4)

Destiny (PS4)

Dying Light (PS4)

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (PS4)

THINGS I’M PROBABLY GONNA BUY

None at the moment

HOW MUCH STUFF I’VE COMPLETED BECAUSE OF THIS EVENT

Rocket League - 64% 40-platinum.png

HOW MUCH PAIN MY WALLET IS IN

0 dollars and 0 cents

HOW MUCH PAIN MY WALLET IS IN: DLC EDITION

0 dollars and 0 cents

Edited by lumphy101

Stuff and things

How are you finding Dying Light? I went into that thinking I wouldn't like it and ended up loving it, so much fun personally, fantastically fun platinum for me personally.

______

I started up The Warriors on PSP before, I love that game so much. As much as I'd love to have the trophies, I can't say I can really be bothered paying 23 bucks for it digitally on PS4 even if I was allowed to spend money. Plus, I've not earned a trophy in over a month, so I'd dare say I'm actually finally genuinely over them, which is pretty sweet for me to be honest. Anyone else played this game? I mean, I'm sure at least a couple of you have.

Oh man, I'm tempted by The Warriors (with trophies and remote play!) too. I haven't played it since it was released on PS2, but I loved it.

Adr1ft and I am Setsuna and Lifeless Planet are also games I did not buy this week, as well as Gravity Rush remastered and Deadpool and Infamous: Festival of Blood on sale. So, about $120 not blown! Yay for self-discipline! :D

Finally got around to starting The Walking Dead: Michonne on PS3. It was really short, and good God was it a technical hot mess (crashed at least once per episode and died twice to lag on inputs), but it was pretty good. I liked that I recognized several voice actors from Life is Strange as well, they were quite good. The ending was a bit flat, I thought the second episode was best - but then it's an established character, with a predetermined outcome in the comics, so I'm not at all surprised.

Played more Star Ocean, finally beat the main game. Wow is this game low budget and the writing is lazy. Still stupid fun, though. Got all the endings done, even though I had to abuse the travelling bunny to get enough lavenders to make Emotional Destabilizers to cram down Miki's throat. It took like two dozen, chick is psycho. Now I can level past 99, work on IC/synthesis, turn in the rest of the quests, and tackle the Maze of Tribulations. Can't decide who to try to main for it, Emmerson and Fiore are both awesome. I like Victor best... but I don't like getting guard-broken all the time while grinding.

Probably going to play more Skyrim with my grandpa today too, see if there's any quests he's stuck on and declutter his house. It never occurs to him to steal things or pickpocket so he's never done the Thieves Guild quests. It's something I do every game to get money/gems/daedric arrows quick and get rid of all my stolen goods, so I'll probably take him through those.

Progress:

The Walking Dead: Michonne (PS3) 100%

Edited by helicene

In the past 2 days I have finished SFxT on PS3 (really boring grind.. and makes me want to postpone finished MK9 again..).. After that I went back to Natural Doctrine and have been playing a bit of it, so far I'm probably 1/3rd into the story, but seriously those missions are a pain, even on easy.. specially the ones that ask us to "simply flee".. seems like they were designed to take us out unless we make 0 mistakes..

I also went to Monster Monpiece to help someone with the online trophies as well as to GTA Online on PS3 (I seriously need to tackle the online on this one..).

I think that I will continue playing Natural Doctrine with some Thief and GTA5 in the mix for a while longer.. even tough I have been thinking in trying to plat Resogun on Vita/PS3, but I can't even beat the 5th stage on Veteran..

Just want to chime in: I'm not gone and very slowly making progress. Both games that I'm focused on are very, very grindy and time consuming and I don't have anything update worthy as of now.

As of now I'm running Wandering Dungeon lots of times in Star Ocean 4 and collecting Pirate Ship Parts in Disgaea 4. Also a little bit confused with the Dedicated Collector trophy, as I have some empty weapon spots on my Item List and have no idea what are they for, as I've collected every single tier and Fun Weapon, and have only Slayer Weapons left. Isn't there supposed to be only one Slayer Weapon in each category (two for monsters)? What else am I missing, I wonder?

Just want to chime in: I'm not gone and very slowly making progress. Both games that I'm focused on are very, very grindy and time consuming and I don't have anything update worthy as of now.

As of now I'm running Wandering Dungeon lots of times in Star Ocean 4 and collecting Pirate Ship Parts in Disgaea 4. Also a little bit confused with the Dedicated Collector trophy, as I have some empty weapon spots on my Item List and have no idea what are they for, as I've collected every single tier and Fun Weapon, and have only Slayer Weapons left. Isn't there supposed to be only one Slayer Weapon in each category (two for monsters)? What else am I missing, I wonder?

I assume you are playing the Vita version of Disgaea, did you played all DLC stories? There's a unique fan weapon (an Axe) that you get in 1 of those stories and if you get the 2 characters that are free if you import the Disgaea 3 Vita save into Disgaea 4, 1 of those characters also have a unique weapon, you need to unequip it and equip it again to register, if you don't have those 2 characters, then this weapon isn't needed nor show a blank spot in the Motman Shop (I know this because someone I know had the same problem, and I was never able to import my D3 save into D4 for those characters for some odd reason, since both of my games are digital EU copies).

There's also unique pirate ship parts that are awarded in a DLC story.

Also, don't forget that there's a new rank of weapons on the Vita version of Disgaea (rank 40-2), that's gotten by stealing from the Item God 2 of a rank 40-1 item on LOC the first time you visit him, there's 1 weapon of each type as well as an Armor.

If those aren't the ones you are missing, then post the weapon type and the weapon above and below the one that you are missing and I will find out what it is.

Edited by Han_the_Dragon
  • Like 1

I assume you are playing the Vita version of Disgaea, did you played all DLC stories? There's a unique fan weapon (an Axe) that you get in 1 of those stories and if you get the 2 characters that are free if you import the Disgaea 3 Vita save into Disgaea 4, 1 of those characters also have a unique weapon, you need to unequip it and equip it again to register, if you don't have those 2 characters, then this weapon isn't needed nor show a blank spot in the Motman Shop (I know this because someone I know had the same problem, and I was never able to import my D3 save into D4 for those characters for some odd reason, since both of my games are digital EU copies).

There's also unique pirate ship parts that are awarded in a DLC story.

Also, don't forget that there's a new rank of weapons on the Vita version of Disgaea (rank 40-2), that's gotten by stealing from the Item God 2 of a rank 40-1 item on LOC the first time you visit him, there's 1 weapon of each type as well as an Armor.

If those aren't the ones you are missing, then post the weapon type and the weapon above and below the one that you are missing and I will find out what it is.

I've finished all post game content and have all weapon and armor tiers unlocked. 

At the moment I'm missing:

Fists: Between Big Death Fist and  Slayer Weapon

Swords: Between Common Sword and Tennis Racket

Spears: Between Elder Spear and Shovel

Bows: Between Big Hugo Bow and Tambourine

Guns: Between Big Kurtis Gun and Megaphone

Axe: Between Big Priere Axe and Toy Hammer

Wands: Between Big Beryl Wand and Slayer Weapon

Will be most grateful for any help.

I've finished all post game content and have all weapon and armor tiers unlocked. 

Ok, I will get back to you after I check it.

Sorry for the double post...

And here's what you are missing and how to get them:

Fist: Master Fist

Sword: Issen

Spear: Satan's Edge

Bow: Sleipnir

Gun: Amalgam Flame

Axe: Zilions Buster

Wand: Three Senses

All those are rank 40-2 weapons, so you need to steal them from the rank 40-1 Item God 2 on LoC (like you do to get the rank 40-1 weapons, armors or the Trap), there's also rank 40-2 monster weapons of both types (2 last entries in the Data Shop under Monster Weapons), as well as a rank 40-2 armor.

Do note that some rank 40-2 weapons can be stolen from ultra post-game enemies (Baal have the armor, Pringer Z have the physical monster weapon).

If you need further info, feel free to ask and happy Item Worlding..

• Like 1

Sorry for the double post...

And here's what you are missing and how to get them:

Fist: Master Fist

Sword: Issen

Spear: Satan's Edge

Bow: Sleipnir

Gun: Amalgam Flame

Axe: Zilions Buster

Wand: Three Senses

All those are rank 40-2 weapons, so you need to steal them from the rank 40-1 Item God 2 on LoC (like you do to get the rank 40-1 weapons, armors or the Trap), there's also rank 40-2 monster weapons of both types (2 last entries in the Data Shop under Monster Weapons), as well as a rank 40-2 armor.

Do note that some rank 40-2 weapons can be stolen from ultra post-game enemies (Baal have the armor, Pringer Z have the physical monster weapon).

If you need further info, feel free to ask and happy Item Worlding...

Oh, so I've missed the final tier... And here I've thought I was finally done with the Item World... Well,  that's Disgaea for ya. Thanks!