Kill Your Completion (Event finished)

God of War

78737_11267877917.jpg

I didn't quite get enough time with this game as I spent the 1st day finishing the Raven. I got maybe a quarter of the way through the story. Didn't help I kept having friends invite me to play other stuff. I really miss old games like this. Basically kind of a hack and slash game with QTE's and simple puzzles. I can't wait to play the newest God of War, I'm going to try to beat all the other ones before it comes out. Kind of makes me want to play the old Prince of Persia games I got as well. I got Sherlock Holmes up next I think I can get that done, if so I'm going to get back on this game and try to finish the story at least.

• Like 2

update: I might not be able to do Sherlock Holmes as the game doesn't seem to work for me it keeps freezing in the room with the dead bishop right at the beginning of the game. I also don't believe it has a digital version right now so I may be stuck getting another physical copy.

update: I might not be able to do Sherlock Holmes as the game doesn't seem to work for me it keeps freezing in the room with the dead bishop right at the beginning of the game. I also don't believe it has a digital version right now so I may be stuck getting another physical copy.

It does have a digital version, I've seen it on sale a couple of times. £10.99 here without a sale. Maybe it's not available in NA?

As long as we're all switching games to line up with each other:

• July 1-3: Tropico 5
  • July 4-6: Flame Over
  • July 7-9: Yakuza 4
  • July 10-12: Mousecraft
  • July 13-15: Chariot
  • July 16-18: Bionic Commando: Rearmed 2
  • July 19-21: SSX
  • July 22-24: Grid Autosport
  • July 25-27: ZOMBI
  • July 28-30: Nova-111
Now I also have ZOMBI together with Mesopithecus. Thanks to some IRL stuff, I don't know how good my mood is during 25-27 though.

Sorry Markus, already opened Tropico 5 and only now I see that you're doing it as well. I only played a little bit but it doesn't seem right to switch games after having already started on one of them.

Hemiak... missed something? :-)

The damage is done, I just blindly checked the OP and started playing what was on there.

Sorry Mesopithecus! If you're going to rejoin at some point by the way, I recommend Unravel as one of the games you should still do.

Game #4

L1e44b5.png

Day 1

I only played for about an hour of Battle Princess of Arcadias, so I'll talk about the tutorials. The core of the game is a beat-em-up but due to the stiff animations think less Muramasa Rebirth and more the first Streets of Rage.

Thanks for the fair word of warning. It's my fifth game (so I will start it on Wednesday) and personally I thought that this game would be an RPG. Now I know what I can expect.

Just scored the :platinum: for EyePet & Friends. :awesome:

:platinum: #133 and 100% #168. :)

Hey hey hey, this event is called Kill Your Completion, not Raise Your Completion. Shame on you! :angry:

EDIT: On another word:

Does anyone know what's up with Clawz?

Edited by Crimson Idol
  • Like 1

Feels like we're in an elimination race here...

Who will survive and be the last person standing? Well not me because I got nothing on ICO from yesterday. Sure, I was busy most of the day but I could have squeezed in an hour or so with the game. I actually inserted the disc and made it all the way to the loading screen. Just wasn't in the mood for gaming yesterday so I couldn't bring myself to pressing start. I'll try to get some extra time with the game today to make up for it. Hopefully I'll be able to post my thoughts this evening instead of waiting until tomorrow morning.

EDIT: On another word:

Does anyone know what's up with Clawz?

Well he's alive. Was getting worried but he did send a PM related to another event that he runs, so we know he's still breathing at least. Other than that, no idea. He'll probably say that he's been really busy lately. That's usually his excuse. Sure you are Clawz.  ;)

• Like 2

I won't really give an update for the second day since those points can be brought up for the third day. Needless to say, Battle Princess of Arcadias's story is meaningless, empty stuff that has no purpose.

Thanks for the fair word of warning. It's my fifth game (so I will start it on Wednesday) and personally I thought that this game would be an RPG. Now I know what I can expect.

The game does contain RPG elements as you do level up and get better equipment, yet the beat-em-up seems more of a tool to grind as enemies are pretty easy. I'll try to give some tips tomorrow since there's a boss that took an hour of trial and error to beat. After reading your La-Mulana impressions and MStalker's experience with Ducktales I'm interested in playing those games sometime after the event is over. It's interesting to read the opinions on games I might not have given a proper glance and hopefully there will be more games that I'll add to my queue.

• Like 2

ICO

I never paid much attention to this game - I only got a PS3 last year, and while COlossus has been on my radar I can't say the same about ICO. Your review makes me rethink about getting the double pack though.

I know it's on a sale right now but it was on for €8 half a year ago and I still have a large enough backlog. I'll wait for a bit more.

Hemiak... missed something? :-)

Almost certainly. As of this moment Im assuming you made a change to your list at some point. Let's just presume I exercised my ultimate authority and decided against allowing it. At least in that case I seem like a dick, and not an incompetent moron.

P.S. Where are all of the people? Rach bailed, Hemiak is pulling a Clawz, and Clawz is just being Clawz. :spank:

Hem's in Florida, without a computer or Playstation. :angry: My plan at this point is to completely take over the TV for several nights when I get home, and catch up on all the games I will have missed. I'll shoot for 3+ hours each night and then move on to the next game each day.

I'm occasionally checking in, but won't be active for another 3 days or so.

• Like 1