Hidden Trophies?

ilikebig

Has sony heard of the internet?. It's 2016. Web 3.0, Social Media, Youtube. News flash! ✨✨✨

There is no need for hidden trophies. The only purpose it serves is a headache and a waste of time. Who on earth actually collects trophies randomly with no idea on how to achieve them?

Yeh you know what I feel like grinding the same mission over and over again spending 1000s of hours on it. Might get a trophy.

#OpenYourEyes

It's to help people see the trophy list without worrying about spoilers from story-related trophies. Although there are a lot of ridiculous trophies that are hidden that you wouldn't get naturally, so the sentiment is kinda pointless and undermines the effectiveness since you have to look them up anyway.

• Like 3

There are websites you can use like this that show hidden trophies, so just use them :dunno:

And some people do like getting hidden trophies themselves :dunno:

And remember there are people who give 0 damn about trophies

Edited by Drew Carey

It's the game developer that chooses the trophies to be hidden this way not Sony.  All Sony have done is allow the devs to make this choice.

Hiding missable trophies is a bit counter productive but it's also super rare for games to have this.

Edited by Willstown

Although there are a lot of ridiculous trophies that are hidden that you wouldn't get naturally, so the sentiment is kinda pointless and undermines the effectiveness since you have to look them up anyway.

I hate it when developers hide these kind of trophies, especially when it turns out to be something grindy. 

Has sony heard of the internet?. It's 2016. Web 3.0, Social Media, Youtube. News flash! ✨✨✨

There is no need for hidden trophies. The only purpose it serves is a headache and a waste of time. Who on earth actually collects trophies randomly with no idea on how to achieve them?

Yeh you know what I feel like grinding the same mission over and over again spending 1000s of hours on it. Might get a trophy.

#OpenYourEyes

I agree with you but story related trophies should be hidden I think.

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune has a lot of hidden trophies, though. When I first earned a trophy for 50 Pistol 10mm kills, I knew that the other hidden trophies were related to guns and their amount of kills.

The only trophy I had to look here that was hidden, was:   :hidden:  /   :bronze: Traced from WATCH DOGS

Edited by ee28max

In the game "The Last Guy" one hidden trophy was for months hidden. Nobody could find out what exactly to do to achieve it. It was the "Navigator" trophy.

So for new Games it can be a challenge to get them.

Story-related (Spoiler) trophies should be hidden because you get them anyway when you play the Game through.

And if you do not care you look online for the trophy-list :)

Edited by Dennis-nine-five

It really depends. Tho i have nothing against Hidden Trophy, actually i prefer them since they do not reveal story trophies (most games) 

Dead Island: Riptide if i remember did not have story Hidden Trophies and i accidentally (ok was tempted lol) to check on the list. Yea i spoiled myself who the final boss is.

Lost Planet 2 had all of its trophies Hidden. Now that is a bit unnecessarily hiding all of them, just the story wise trophies would have been enough.