Yes, Furi has a Plat

Kishnabe

Seeing how most of you are farther than me I was wondering if anybody could give a few tips. I need help figuring out the combat a little more, I beat the first two bosses but I was pretty sloppy. I'm fighting the line and I would've beaten him but I'm inconsistent when it comes to parrying.

Seeing how most of you are farther than me I was wondering if anybody could give a few tips. I need help figuring out the combat a little more, I beat the first two bosses but I was pretty sloppy. I'm fighting the line and I would've beaten him but I'm inconsistent when it comes to parrying.

I think that the best way to get into this game is training and patience. There are some little tricks you can use to make fights easier, but you can't rely only on those.

Example:

Against The Strap you can walk over those squared tiles around the center and/or hit the computer-like things on the columns to immediately stop her attacks, distract her and hit her with a full combo.

If you shoot the Hand with a charged one while he's loading his sword-ray attack he will parry it and try to use his regular combo.

You have to get right behind a wall AND THEN attack The Blast (or whatever the sniper chick is called xD), she will run away if you interrupt her charged shot directly.

Mitsurugi's cosplayer can be hit right after every hit/combo he does, but only once. Get the timing right and it will go away like a breeze.

The Star is WAY easier if you use charged shots all the time. You will only have to dodge its attacks while you drain its life quite safely. You can also destroy the four attack bots temporarily to clean up some of the attack patterns.

I can assume everyone already discovered this, if not I hope it will help someone to get through this awesome game.

can anyone write about the endings? how to obtain those trophies? i just got the trophy for not even fighting the 6th boss (that ended the game for me). will there be a similar choice for the last boss? fight/not fight to get two trophies?

can anyone write about the endings? how to obtain those trophies? i just got the trophy for not even fighting the 6th boss (that ended the game for me). will there be a similar choice for the last boss? fight/not fight to get two trophies?

Exactly. BUT you won't have to replay everything from the beginning to get the other trophy, as choosing not to fight will end the game but it will also give you a save right before the last decision :-D

^No. You will fight all bosses, including the final, optional one.

Regarding the S rank, I believe the final stats are irrelevant. There are 9 bosses you will fight, if you get an S rank in 5 of them and A on the other 4 you get an S rank on story regardless of hits/KO/time.

That's why some people got an A for 16 KOs, while other got an S with the same number on the same difficulty.

Let's say you die once on every boss and so you finish with 9KOs - that is fine for S. But if you die 9 times on the same boss you will no longer finish the story with an S, even if you didn't die at all on the other 8.

This is just a theory that can explain why people get different ranks with the same stats.

This is just a theory that can explain why people get different ranks with the same stats.

For me the only reason is the final boss, one guy obtain a A Rank with the bad ending and 16 K.O, the other one obtain a S rank with the good ending and 19 K.O, both on Furi, i really think play again the final boss increase the maximum statistics.

How you deal with the 8th boss final phase(the burst)? I see that you have to dash between the waves but its the ones that come from the sides that trip me up.

Try to position yourself in a way that you can dodge both the vertical and the horizontal waves at the same time by dodging diagonally.

Other than that there isn't a whole lot to it I believe.

gotten the plat as well. i really enjoy the game. initially i tot i will never get the plat.

good thing that the s ranking trophy for furier is not that tough. but still i will rate it a 8/10 for plat difficulty. they could have made it much tougher by having you get all S ranks. but they didn't.

also there are some design choices in the game which is kinda outdated.

1) no telling what your ranking progress is after each boss. the best you can do is refer to practise mode and look at the individual ranking.

2) no boss select for story mode to clean up your overall ranking. but then again, since it's lenient so i can forgive that

3) game kicks you back to the beginning if you decides to be the song's bitch. wtf!!!

anyone notice that no. 7 and no. 11 are missing in the practise mode? maybe reserved for additional dlc bosses?

• Like 1

gotten the plat as well. i really enjoy the game. initially i tot i will never get the plat.

good thing that the s ranking trophy for furier is not that tough. but still i will rate it a 8/10 for plat difficulty. they could have made it much tougher by having you get all S ranks. but they didn't.

1) no telling what your ranking progress is after each boss. the best you can do is refer to practise mode and look at the individual ranking.

2) no boss select for story mode to clean up your overall ranking. but then again, since it's lenient so i can forgive that

3) game kicks you back to the beginning if you decides to be the song's bitch. wtf!!!

anyone notice that no. 7 and no. 11 are missing in the practise mode? maybe reserved for additional dlc bosses?

Which was harder for you the speedruns or the s ranks?

Apparently Number 7 was missing because of the cutscene with Rabbit dude when he said he took care of this one then you move on to Number 8. Have no idea why number 11 is missing.

EDIT:

Yep devs said that number 7 counts as the Rabbits architect room and number 11 counts as free world

Which was harder for you the speedruns or the s ranks?

In my opinion the S ranks were definitely harder than the speedruns. Speedruns didn't prove much of a challenge but the S ranks took some practice. Edited by EpicNogg4

For me the only reason is the final boss, one guy obtain a A Rank with the bad ending and 16 K.O, the other one obtain a S rank with the good ending and 19 K.O, both on Furi, i really think play again the final boss increase the maximum statistics.

On FURI 10 KO, on FURIER 20 KO. 

I'm doing my Furier S run by practising against every enemy while I do it (if I get KO'ed more than once I repeat the boss). I've just begun (I'm against the Line right now) but I got an A rank against the Chain (despite having 0 KO) due to the massive (37) number of hits. I'll post my run results as I finish this, hoping to settle the full-story-measures/mean-of-single-bosses ranking question. I sincerely hope to get it on my first try, but I won't mind repeating it. I'm still having a great time with this game, it didn't happen since the first time I played TBoI xD

How you deal with the 8th boss final phase(the burst)? I see that you have to dash between the waves but its the ones that come from the sides that trip me up.

When only shoots lines vertically it's pretty straight forward.

When she starts shooting vertically try to dash when the two lines cross each other, thus dodging them both at the same time. In Furi you can use a simple dash (quickpress) but in Furier you'll have to charge it a little or you won't make it. Don't be afraid to charge your dashes, it's a lifesaver.

Edited by MojoNJojo

I never used the Charged Dash when playing the game, not because it's not useful but because I never knew of its existence lol...

It's mentioned in the controls ( which i never looked until now) but they don't explain in the tutorial portion of The Chain's fight, similar to the Charge Boost in close combat phases.

Edited by A-Brawl3r

I'm doing my Furier S run by practising against every enemy while I do it (if I get KO'ed more than once I repeat the boss). I've just begun (I'm against the Line right now) but I got an A rank against the Chain (despite having 0 KO) due to the massive (37) number of hits. I'll post my run results as I finish this, hoping to settle the full-story-measures/mean-of-single-bosses ranking question. I sincerely hope to get it on my first try, but I won't mind repeating it. I'm still having a great time with this game, it didn't happen since the first time I played TBoI xD

I believe someone tried this and restarting or quitting didn't remove your KO's or hits so they hurt your ranking.

The best you can do is quit after each boss and do the next one in practice a couple of times.

This way you are familiar with them when you go in. But if what I said earlier is true, once you start a boss you should finish it, no matter what.

I S ranked Furi today. I practiced The Song and every boss after 2 times before the actual fight. Ended up getting KOed only twice. The Line killed me because I didn't practice. The other KO was at the final stage of The Beat despite practice.

Got hit 191 times.

Anyone else having any problems with the "Let's brawl" trophy? It's not working for me, no matter what I do.

The objetive is to just melee (so square button) a Guardian 10 times through the whole fight, isn't it? I even tried to do it in a whole phase and is not working at all.

PD: Ok, I got it. Seems that perfectly blocking 10 times and attacking right after worked for me, which is weird 'cause... how can there be less percentage in the one to perectly block 5 times than on this one? I mean... if this one requires to perfectly block or do a charged attack, doesn't it?

Edited by Irtharan

I believe someone tried this and restarting or quitting didn't remove your KO's or hits so they hurt your ranking.

The best you can do is quit after each boss and do the next one in practice a couple of times.

This way you are familiar with them when you go in. But if what I said earlier is true, once you start a boss you should finish it, no matter what.

I S ranked Furi today. I practiced The Song and every boss after 2 times before the actual fight. Ended up getting KOed only twice. The Line killed me because I didn't practice. The other KO was at the final stage of The Beat despite practice.

Got hit 191 times.

I can confirm that doing the "Close Application" method works: you will restart at the beginning of the boss battle, but it won't save unless you restarted from the menu/got a Game Over. It's even pretty quick to restart, so double win!