BioShock: Collection PS4 Remaster thoughts?

HoechlinsButt

As the title suggests, the BioShock trilogy was recently announced to be fully remastered with all dlc content on September 13th. What are everybody's thoughts on this? Will you be picking up the game again or have you not yet entered the world of BioShock? BioShock 2 has also been confirmed to have no more Multiplayer content, which is great as that was the only thing holding the game down trophy wise. Thoughts?

As the title suggests, the BioShock trilogy was recently announced to be fully remastered with all dlc content on September 13th. What are everybody's thoughts on this? Will you be picking up the game again or have you not yet entered the world of BioShock? BioShock 2 has also been confirmed to have no more Multiplayer content, which is great as that was the only thing holding the game down trophy wise. Thoughts?

Not saying they had to add multiplayer trophies but I had a blast playing Bioshock 2 online and am a little bummed that it is missing but completely understand why it is. I am just happy to be able to play the DLC for Bioshock 2 and Infinite because I never bought them. I have to hurry up and plat the original Bioshock when I get my PS3 back from my family member so I can stack all three Bioshock platinums and I would like a fresh image in my head to compare the upgrade. I wonder what trophies will be added in place of the multiplayer trophies on Bioshock 2 or if they will be taken out and it just made into a short list. 

Regardless, I will be buying the collection. I just hope it is all on one disc and they don't put Bioshock on disc and the other two in vouchers. That is what Deep Silver did with Dead Island Definitive Edition and tried to say PS4 doesn't support multiple games on one disc which isn't true. Even Metro Redux had both games on one disc and that is a Deep Silver published game  :rolleyes:

Edited by skateak

I've only played a few hours of 1 and don't remember it at all seeing as it was like 6 years ago or so. Played, completed and loved Infinite though, so will be picking it up to try out 1 + 2 and probably replay Infinite to be fair :dunno: If it's a reasonable price of course.

played infinite first, which turned out to be the only game i'd consider a favorite since FF VI on SNES.

bioshock 1 was not a very memorable game for me, it was boring and claustrophobic. outside of the story, i don't get the hype. so if this is gonna be released in a trilogy pack, i wouldn't be picking it up. i'd get infinite for sure if i could get it alone.

they will undoubtedly release another bioshock title some years from now, but definitely not anytime soon. 

I hope this is a sign that they are working on a new Bioshock. 

This is what the CEO of Take-Two said in November 2015: "The franchise is in the hands of 2K," Zelnick said. "They'll make announcements in due time about any upcoming releases. But BioShock is unquestionably a permanent franchise for our company and one that we do believe in."

Sounds like they plan on it if they are already not.

Edited by skateak
  • Like 2

This is what the CEO of Take-Two said in November 2015: "The franchise is in the hands of 2K," Zelnick said. "They'll make announcements in due time about any upcoming releases. But BioShock is unquestionably a permanent franchise for our company and one that we do believe in."

Sounds like they plan on it if they are already not.

Nice. I'd have to say, one of the things keeping me from really wanting to get a ps4 is the lack of a new Bioshock. 

Btw, I approve your avatar. Pretty cool.

I'm keen. I've never played Bioshock and seeing the trilogy come remastered to PS4 with all DLC and no multiplayer, it may be a Day 1 purchase for me.

• Like 1

Only played Infinite, courtesy of PS+. The gameplay felt generic + mediocre at best, but the narrative was great. I mean to go back & plat the PS3 trilogy sometime this year, then perhaps buy this remastered trilogy at a later date.

• Like 1

I'll be picking it up day one. I got super excited when they officially announced it. I'm glad they took MP out of 2 as I didn't enjoy it much.

I have to agree with skateak though. Metro, and Borderlands are all on one disc so, I hope they do put them all on one (or two) discs. Lots of gamer's like to have a physical collection (like myself) and most of us probably have little space on our HDD's to put one or two games on it as is. It is definitely possible to put more than one game on a disc.. -.-" 

Anywho, I've been replaying and getting the platinum's for them on PS3 (currently on Infinite) in wake of this. I made it my goal to finish them before the collection comes out but still need to do the DLC for 1 and 2. Don't have DLC for Infinite so I'm really looking forward to that. I think it's going to be another awesome remaster like Borderlands and like you guys that have played the series, I'm freaking excited to replay them! I love BioShock <3

Not saying they had to add multiplayer trophies but I had a blast playing Bioshock 2 online and am a little bummed that it is missing but completely understand why it is. I am just happy to be able to play the DLC for Bioshock 2 and Infinite because I never bought them. I have to hurry up and plat the original Bioshock when I get my PS3 back from my family member so I can stack all three Bioshock platinums and I would like a fresh image in my head to compare the upgrade. I wonder what trophies will be added in place of the multiplayer trophies on Bioshock 2 or if they will be taken out and it just made into a short list. 

Regardless, I will be buying the collection. I just hope it is all on one disc and they don't put Bioshock on disc and the other two in vouchers. That is what Deep Silver did with Dead Island Definitive Edition and tried to say PS4 doesn't support multiple games on one disc which isn't true. Even Metro Redux had both games on one disc and that is a Deep Silver published game  :rolleyes:

BioShock 2's Multiplayer was a long and boring grind, but in between boosting sessions, we decided to have mini breaks and actually play legit (killing each other, etc) so that we wouldn't get bored constantly boosting. I do admit that during these legit matches I realised how fun the Multiplayer was. If I actually decided to play legit from the get go I think I would have got all the trophies no problem while having fun. Unfortunately, I didn't realise until around the level 30s so there really wasn't any point in dropping out on my team. After all, we were the only BioShock 2 boosting group at the time. So yeah, in a way, I agree with you. BioShock 2 Multiplayer was actually pretty fun and I hope it rests in peace. Well, I salute you if you actually manage that. Must be great getting this series done completely. Although BioShock isn't on my list I have played and finished it on a different account and it was just beautiful. I already have 100% on BioShock: Infinite and I think I'm about 60% on BioShock 2. I did pretty much everything hard, I don't have long at all till 100% yet I'm still avoiding it for some reason. I guess I'm just not in the mood. I'd really like to 100% the complete trilogy before the remasters release but I highly doubt I will, blah. Haha. Considering the Multiplayer trophies made up a large portion of BioShock 2's list, I highly doubt they will simply just be taken out. I'm expecting replacement trophies, especially since the BioShock 2 Platinum is very easy. I have a feeling they're going to spice things up, maybe add a "complete the game on Hard, saving every Little Sister without using Vita Chambers" in there. They might alter the Audio Diary trophy to make you collect every single diary instead of just 100. Who knows really. I think they will replace for sure though.

Hahah! Really? Oh man, that must of been embarrassing. I honestly don't mind however the package is delivered, I'll be playing the games again and that's all that matters. I actually just preordered it. $110. It hurt my wallet but it was definitely worth it. I can't express enough how long I and my brother have been waiting for this. 

I hope this is a sign that they are working on a new Bioshock. 

As user Skateak has mentioned, the mention of BioShock being a "permanent franchise" has been mentioned. Nonetheless, however, I think we will be waiting a long time until a new BioShock drops since Irrational has disbanded. Ken Levine is also working on an independent title, one he claims will be on the same scale of BioShock in terms of lore. Then again, there is nothing like BioShock, Ken Levine or not. 

I'm keen. I've never played Bioshock and seeing the trilogy come remastered to PS4 with all DLC and no multiplayer, it may be a Day 1 purchase for me.

I welcome you to the franchise! I'd recommend you an order in which to play the games then I remembered I started off with Infinite, moved on to the original game then 2 afterward. Probably the worst way I could have done it but strangely enough the way it made sense in my head. Weird, right? Haha. BioShock is a massive franchise full of lore and trust me it will get confusing at times but it's honestly life changing. I love it so much. By the time I got to end of the franchise I seriously wanted to experience it again. I really hope you do enjoy it!  :)

No multiplayer and all the DLC, I'm in.

;)

BioShock 2's Multiplayer was a long and boring grind, but in between boosting sessions, we decided to have mini breaks and actually play legit (killing each other, etc) so that we wouldn't get bored constantly boosting. I do admit that during these legit matches I realised how fun the Multiplayer was. If I actually decided to play legit from the get go I think I would have got all the trophies no problem while having fun. Unfortunately, I didn't realise until around the level 30s so there really wasn't any point in dropping out on my team. After all, we were the only BioShock 2 boosting group at the time. So yeah, in a way, I agree with you. BioShock 2 Multiplayer was actually pretty fun and I hope it rests in peace.

Yeah I actually got all the way to level 40 legit, no boosting. I got to like 20 when the game first came out and then when it came out on PS+ I leveled up the rest of the way since the servers were pretty populated. Had a lot of fun but I could see boosting it being a tedious grind.

Yeah I actually got all the way to level 40 legit, no boosting. I got to like 20 when the game first came out and then when it came out on PS+ I leveled up the rest of the way since the servers were pretty populated. Had a lot of fun but I could see boosting it being a tedious grind.

Wow that's impressive. I especially liked that mode where you turn into a Big Daddy. More so when I was the Big Daddy [evil laughter]

Bioshock is my favorite franchise of all time so I'll definitely be picking it up on day 1! Can not wait :)

I am kinda sad that the mp on BS2 isn't included cause I loved it, and liked the trophy list it came with, but oh well :( ... Wasn't such a fan of the combat dlc trophies, hope they don't become part of the base list in place of the mp... fingers crossed!

Wow I didn't even know that, I'm glad I read your post because now I know I need to buy a new copy, because whoever I buy a pre-owned copy from may have used the code for Riptide (right?). 

Wow I didn't even know that, I'm glad I read your post because now I know I need to buy a new copy, because whoever I buy a pre-owned copy from may have used the code for Riptide (right?). 

Exactly. Make sure to buy a new copy or there is a chance you won't get Riptide. The dumb thing is they are both on one disc for Xbone.

Edited by skateak

I also play XB1 and these 3 were meant to be 360 Backwards compatible, as it turns out I have all 3 in disc waiting for this. So no, it's a slap in the face to many and the thread with the similar title on the ms forums has the complete reverse thoughts and answers to psnp.

• Like 1