Level 50....The horror.

KaKrackle

Just managed level 47 without to much hastle. After being led to believe it was the hardest in the game I thought 50 wouldn't be so bad. How wrong I was. It's a total pain in the arse. I always seem to be a second off at the end. That's if I make it to the end and don't get crushed. The hardest bit seems to be the switches towards the end. Any tips? It all I need for the platinum.

Assuming you're not already playing on it, if you have a Vita, you can use the touchscreen to teleport instantly. I found that to be safer to use than the usual teleports in some sections, especially the ones where you're constantly switching back and forth across the screen.

The game's also cross-save so you can switch between Vita and PS4 freely.

• Like 1

Nahhhh. Just the ps4. I'm in need of a new vita. The screen broke. I could get it repaired but it seems cheaper to get a new one. It's such a frustrating level. Every time I think I have it I seem to cock up lol. I woulda had the platinum by now if it wasn't for form damn switches near the end.

• 1 month later...

Started the road to platinum on this game and I must say ... Mission 50 for me is by far the hardest thing I have ever done in video games. Mission 47 doesn't even look that bad. There is very little room for error, and by that I mean pretty much none. I choked for just the smallest fraction of time and I got it done 1 minute on the mark. It really is the definition of perfect. I don't feel that any of the other missions are as tight time wise. Sure, mission 47 is long and has quite a bit of different mechanics, but it's just recycling what's already done. That's why I think mission 50 is the hardest. Limited dual ship missions, so you're not used to it. You have to rewire your brain and go against instinct, which was really hard for me.

Anyone who has the DLC and completed it who can tell me if it's harder than the main game?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

The problem is the 3rd and 4th blue switch. You have to line up the green ship just right to activate that 4th switch. I failed many runs because I did not hit that 4th switch, the rest after that is fairly straightforward as long as you teleport back and forth.

• 3 years later...

Congratulations! I did it on my Vita and my hands hurt for an entire day after. I think level 50 is harder because it requires absolute perfection all the way through, so even though level 47 is so much longer you can still make a lot of tiny mistakes and no single section gets as difficult as in level 50 with the two ships and sideway bombing. 

The only reason 47 was harder for me is cause I felt cheated at times with the dual bladed guys. There's times where I'd dash just in time for my character to not even respond, only dash once or even dash right into the enemy's blade despite me spaming the button. I ended up having to dash a little earlier which worked but took a little longer to kill them. 50 was hard but whenever a run ended, I just thought it was all on me whereas 47 not always so. 

Edited by BrandedBerserk

• 3 months later...

47 is way more challenging if you ask me. The length alone is argument enough from my experience: 1min vs. 7min is a huge difference if there is basically zero leeway in both of the levels. For level 50 you might need to come closer to perfection but 90% is easy after few tries and a restart only takes a few seconds, while in 47 there are countless tricky situations and if you screw up a restart takes minutes. 

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/20/2021 at 10:51 AM, yippeekiyay said:

Congratulations! I did it on my Vita and my hands hurt for an entire day after. I think level 50 is harder because it requires absolute perfection all the way through, so even though level 47 is so much longer you can still make a lot of tiny mistakes and no single section gets as difficult as in level 50 with the two ships and sideway bombing. 

This is good to know. I have 47 and the level where its not too hard but hard to figure out where to go next left to do and i go on holiday soon so thinking of getting getting back into this to try and finish it up. Level 50 was hard but managed to do it but then thought 47 might be too hard so gave up even tho ive not even attempted level 47 

• 1 year later...

For me the most difficult level was 47, even though from the first instance the different sections seemed difficult, when you approach them over and over again you perfect them almost without making mistakes, what made this level difficult for me is that it is too long and I always made some stupid mistake in some section when I thought I had everything perfectly under control, then the difficult thing was perfecting the time to do it in less than 7 minutes, I spent a whole day trying until I got it the next day early. Level 50 I admit is hard because it's time tight, you have to do it perfectly and it would have been really hard if I had to on the PS4 version, but I found that on PSVITA it was really helpful to use the touch screen to teleport and go full speed without worrying as much as most of the traversal is very linear. In short, level 50 is quite affordable if you do it on a PSVITA.