Is there a way the site can auto-flag obvious cheaters instead of waiting for users to report them?

There are so many users on this site who have earned 6-to-10 trophies in less than a minute on games where this is impossible without cheating. The games with the most offenders are Call of Duty (World at War, Modern Warfare 2, Black Ops 1), Grand Theft Auto (IV and V), and LittleBigPlanet 2. I'm sure there are many other games that suffer from this cheating phenomenon but those are the main ones that come to mind right now.

What i'm suggesting is that the site have an auto-detect feature for specific games, especially the six games I've mentioned above, where if a user gets 6 or more trophies in 60 seconds or less, they are auto-flagged. I suggest this only for specific games right now because getting 6 trophies in less than 60 seconds can be legitimate in some games. If other members can think of other games where this happens a lot, the auto-detect criteria I mentioned above could be added to those games as well.

This would help clean up the trophy stats on this site a lot instead of waiting on premium members to notice and report those cheaters. Not sure if such an auto-detect feature is possible to implement but it would be amazing. One can dream, I guess.

Edited by Mistrelvous
  • Like 2

Little big planet I am pretty sure you could go into worlds that let you get all the trophies pretty quick, Cod games are a pain but some people will have it done from hackers with out consent just from playing a game. Certain trophies can be poped on GTA online if you ported you player over from say Xbox to ps4 etc. 

• Like 1

Nice idea, but auto-detect is near impossible (Or at least very tedious) due to a majority of cheaters have modified firmware which with the use of third party software can easily change trophy time stamps (Similarly to what Modio has on XBL).

EDIT: Just noticed the obvious, in any case, wouldn't really work since sadly there's games where platinums can legitimately be obtained within minutes, and many non-platinum games can be 100% within a few minutes. Although it probably can be done for specific games, but then it's just a tedious process to autoflag based on specific games. Auto poppers usually get caught out pretty quickly anyway.

Edited by Kaurhz

If it was carefully added to individual games I think this would work pretty well. Though the amount earned would probably need to vary between games. For example even if it's incredibly unlikely to ever happen, you could legitimately earn 6 trophies in 60 seconds on GTA IV. However, earning 10 or more trophies in 60 seconds would probably have been cheated on at least 95% of PS3 games.

Automatic flags should also be triggered for unattainable trophies, especially if it's due to server closure. If you pick a random PS3 game with long-closed servers and look at an impossible trophy's recent achievers list, a lot of the time there'll be at least one person who managed it years after it stopped being possible. Fuel's recent achievers list of 50 was almost full of cheaters until I flagged about half of them before realising it was a lost cause.

As we're reaching the end of the PS3's life, servers are probably going to start dropping like flies and patches to fix the broken trophies won't be released. Now's probably the best time as all the unattainable trophies are likely to stay unattainable forever.

Haven't this already sorta been discussed back in 2012, it's a similar concept.

http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/3602-increasing-auto-flagging-efficiency/page-1

Whoa, good find. Had no idea this was brought up before. Really wish it could have been implemented for specific games. It's just really disheartening to see so many different cheaters for the games I mentioned above, and many more use different tricks to never get noticed. Was hoping my suggestion would blanket catch all these cheaters. There is a very slim chance my suggestion might mistakenly catch someone legit, like others have mentioned, but if you look at the fastest 100% achievers for the games I mentioned, I'm fairly certain none of the legit earners have 6+ trophies in just 1 minute. I'll check again.

Little big planet I am pretty sure you could go into worlds that let you get all the trophies pretty quick, Cod games are a pain but some people will have it done from hackers with out consent just from playing a game. Certain trophies can be poped on GTA online if you ported you player over from say Xbox to ps4 etc. 

I don't remember how many I got but a bunch auto-popped for Borderlands 2 when I imported my save from the PS3 to the PS4. As for CoD... yeah they hackerz.

I should have been more clear but i was only referring to the PS3 versions of the games I mentioned. Those six ps3 games.

Don't like it, and this is coming from someone who spends a significant amount of time scanning the boards for cheaters. Just because there's too many games where someone can say "Yeah, it's possible if you do X thing at Y time", that a blanket rule like what's suggested would even work as intended. There's enough repeat boosting threads as it is, I can imagine how many people are going to complain when there's repeat "Why was I flagged?" threads. Then there's the complete shitshow that always ensues when one of those threads does show up. System's fine the way it is I think, and will be a little better once the dirty leaderboard gets jettisoned into the sun.

• Like 2

I know with LittleBigPlanet2 I've reported quite a few people that earn a few trophies legitimately and then autopop the rest after a few months. These bypass the initial 15 minute auto-flag and keep them off the fastest achievers leaderboard (where it'd be easier to find their bad timestamps.)

If something like this could be used only for commonly hacked games, it'd definitely be effective.

Edited by kuuhaku

has been brought up before and i generally like the idea. 

but there are obvious problems, as people have mentioned before. you would have to be really careful that you don't false-flag too many games/players. that would be quite the uproar perhaps ;)

best way to approach this, if one would do it at all, would be some kind of crowd-sourced trophy knowledge base (trademark pending).. kind of like a wiki or something.

people would be able to gather information like "trophy x can't be earned before trophy y. trophy Z must be earned at least 10 hours after Y." 

this would have to be at least moderated of course and/or a premium-feature only, too.

but still then, there are sooo many glitched, tricks, exploits where people can get trophies out of order, or even deliberately do so for trophy-speeruns or whatever.

before we do that, i would rather prefer a whitelisting (moderation) of "new" profiles that come up in the top1000 leaderboard or so. because those are hackers 90% of the time. no serious trophy hunter grinds his way to hundreds of platinums over the course of years, without registering at the best trophy hunting / profile tracking site there is ;)

An automatic system for this would be great, but it would definitely need a whitelist for games already noted in this thread like Borderlands 2 (auto pops in Handsome Colection when you transfer a PS3 save), GTAV, Peace Walker (transferring a save from PSP that you originally transferred from PS3 is how I popped many of mine consecutively), and maybe even other games that don't necessarily auto pop, but have easy trophies that can be done immediately (LittleBigPlanet 1 had many levels for multipliers, jump height, and speed, allowing for 5 trophies at once or potentially more. I've never heard of lobbies in Call of Duty giving trophies, but I'm sure Sly would understand if you messaged him and have a clean record.

As much as I like the idea legitimate people could be auto flagged with games that support cross save trophies eg. Motorstorm RC and Sound Shapes. LittleBigPlanet also have trophies that pop when you sign in, the plays or hearts on your level trophies for example. Your idea is good and all but maybe it should have exceptions to games such as the ones stated above.

GTA V autopops online trophies via character transfer on PS4 and to my knowledge Borderlands 2 does this as well. So those are actually legitimate.If there is an algorithm to detect cheaters, it would have to bypass these that are legitimate.

OP probably wants this for PS3 as Vita and PS4 are not reportable anyway.

I think in lbp 1 and 2 you can unlock more than 6 trophies at once if you used a second controller and sign it as one of the active users on the same console then after you met the requirements of at least 5 to 6 trophies and unlock them in the main account then later you turn on the game on the account you used the second controller for these trophies will popped up.