Defiance how is this game in 2016?

xX-andoid-Xx

It's been awhile its been free but how is this game and what are the problems with it?

with updates how much is the GB size?

is there still a good amount of players?

And is the Platinum very hard to get?

Any extra information would help, been wanting to play this game since in first released. no I'm not buying DLC.

It's been awhile its been free but how is this game and what are the problems with it?

with updates how much is the GB size?

is there still a good amount of players?

And is the Platinum very hard to get?

Any extra information would help, been wanting to play this game since in first released. no I'm not buying DLC.

Problems?

back when I was playing it i don't remember too many problems. maybe the occasional lag/frame rate drop but that's about it. Don't know if it's different now.

GB Size?

i believe the game is actually quite big, so it will take some time to download.

Number of Players?

Back when I was playing it, it was pretty active. Very easy to find matches and people to play with. it's probably a lot harder now.

Platinum difficulty?

yeah it's a pain. The biggest problem is that it is very time consuming and requires a great deal of patience.

Edited by JB_Swag_Doctor73

I played it not that long ago and it seemed pretty active.

I've heard some horror stories about the trophies though so I gave it up pretty quick. Not that they're hard or anything but I read multiple accounts of peoples trophies just disappearing and never popping again. Something about trophy info being stored on their servers. There's actually a thread about it on these forums somewhere so tread carefully I guess.

• Like 1

I had a good time with the game until I got to chapter 3. For some reason, the chapter 3 trophy never popped, even though chapter 4 and 5 did. Tried going to Trion Worlds who told me to go to Sony who told me to go to Trion Worlds ad nauseum. This back and forth went on for a month and although it was plain to see I deserved that damn trophy( how do you get Chapter 4 and 5 trophies without completing Chapter 3?) both companies effectively told me to screw myself. Kinda killed any ambition to complete the game.

I believe I read somewhere that platinum is impossible to get now due to the DLC and the game going free.

It's not impossible if you go to see who recently earned the Platinum people are still getting it.

I wonder if all the one's that don't pop up do when you get all the other one's and I don't mean DLC.

Edited by xX-andoid-Xx

There wasn't a lot of action going on today, but there were a few other players running around while I was playing today. I have the game on disc...I felt it was worth the $2.99 purchase price to have the software rather than D/Ling the game onto my drive. I've had a couple of instances where the game has locked up and I needed to reboot, but no hard crashes like I've suffered with the 2009 Ghostbusters or original Homefront. I have no plans for a platinum in 99% of my games, so that isn't a deciding factor for me when picking a game.

I believe I read somewhere that platinum is impossible to get now due to the DLC and the game going free. 

That is incorrect, the platinum has always been obtainable, but the DLC is 100% glitched if you didn't buy the season pass before it went free to play.

The platinum is not very difficult if you boost the 25 roadkill medals.

Both the NA and EU servers are rather active.

The most glaring problem is the game itself, it runs like shit, there are constant disconnects, framerate drops, freezes, hard freezes (where you have to unplug your ps3 to get it to turn off), glitched trophies in the main game that won't unlock if you're in a loading screen when you meet the conditions. The problems have gotten worse since they've added the marketplace and more microtransactions.

Also the digital version with all patches is around 8.3 gigabytes.

Edited by SnowxSakura

That is incorrect, the platinum has always been obtainable, but the DLC is 100% glitched if you didn't buy the season pass before it went free to play.

The most glaring problem is the game itself, it runs like shit, there are constant disconnects, framerate drops, freezes, hard freezes (where you have to unplug your ps3 to get it to turn off), glitched trophies in the main game that won't unlock if you're in a loading screen when you meet the conditions. The problems have gotten worse since they've added the marketplace and more microtransactions.

Thank you this is the information I was wanting.

i remember originally people were having a problem with unlocking trophies was that when they purchased the dlc's they would instantly unlocks in the trion server. These people did not actually download the dlc from the sony server. (takes about 2 seconds if i remember correctly)The trophies would start to unlock when they had downloaded the dlc directly from psn. I'm guessing at the time trophies were tied to the psn unlock and the content is tied to the trion server.

100% is impossible then.  I consider plats to be 100% anyways. 

Edited by DARKB1KE

i remember originally people were having a problem with unlocking trophies was that when they purchased the dlc's they would instantly unlocks in the trion server. These people did not actually download the dlc from the sony server. (takes about 2 seconds if i remember correctly)The trophies would start to unlock when they had downloaded the dlc directly from psn. I'm guessing at the time trophies were tied to the psn unlock and the content is tied to the trion server.

That's the thing though, the dlc isn't downloaded, it's already in the game, what you're buying off the store is the unlock for the dlc.

That's the thing though, the dlc isn't downloaded, it's already in the game, what you're buying off the store is the unlock for the dlc.

that is correct. i remember talking to people who had trophies unlock as soon as they downloaded the unlock code thru the PSN store. I always thought it was weird how you could access the dlc without actually downloading thru the PSN store. 

• 6 months later...
3 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

Bumping this thread. Looking forward to this game, platinum achievable but 100% out of question, is that right? 

It's somewhat achievable, the chapter 3 trophy sometimes won't unlock, but you can send a ticket in and they'll usually fix it for you. The DLC is still 100% glitched with no fix in sight

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

It's somewhat achievable, the chapter 3 trophy sometimes won't unlock, but you can send a ticket in and they'll usually fix it for you. The DLC is still 100% glitched with no fix in sight

Friend of mine is looking into purchasing the gold edition see if that works. Other packs got pulled out, hmm

Just now, TheYuriG said:

Friend of mine is looking into purchasing the gold edition see if that works. Other packs got pulled out, hmm

The gold edition isn't any different, they pulled the season pass and just bundled it all together with the base game, the dlc is still broken http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?173673-PSN-Trophies-BUG-for-DLC-packs 

the promised fixes for nearly 3 years now are nowhere to be seen

• 2 weeks later...

I personally was able to get the 100% without any trophy glitches, as well as a friend of mine. The game is very time consuming but completely manageable as long as a trophy glitch doesn't occur. Always purchase dlc off the psn store first and hope for the best. But I will say trion should flat out be embarrassed by their lack of fixes, and terrible customer support. But the game was a blast for me.

2 minutes ago, serialkilla1987 said:

I personally was able to get the 100% without any trophy glitches, as well as a friend of mine. The game is very time consuming but completely manageable as long as a trophy glitch doesn't occur. Always purchase dlc off the psn store first and hope for the best. But I will say trion should flat out be embarrassed by their lack of fixes, and terrible customer support. But the game was a blast for me.

You got the dlc before it went free to play so it wouldn't have glitched for you. The DLC is 100% glitched since the game went free to play

15 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

You got the dlc before it went free to play so it wouldn't have glitched for you. The DLC is 100% glitched since the game went free to play

Ooooohhhh my mistake, but good to know. Now I know why the 100% seems to be so rare. I thought nobody wanted to pay that much for the season pass. But that's not surprising with trion.

• 7 months later...