Final Fantasy XV Season pass announced.

Daniel_Shadow170

ITT: People getting mad that developers have started adding extra content to a game after release...

How pathetic. I would've happily bought extra levels for older games like Spyro or Tomb Raider, so it's great we now have the opportunity to do so.

There is NOTHING to suggest that Square Enix is cutting this out of the main game, because theres every possibility it hasnt been developed yet.

Ah, yes, day one season passes... the hype train is going at full speed so let's double the initial asking price and let the money roll in! (Let's worry about the actual content later...)

It amazes me that there are still people out there who will defend this disgusting business practice.

• Like 2

I didn't want standard =D Even more AAA feeling :(

Well, games are expensive to make nowadays. Devs need to pay the bills too. Besides, the game is massive, Tabata and his team have been working on it for the past 3 years or so, and I highly doubt that they would decide to have a portion of the main storyline included in the season pass which you're not forced to buy, btw. Keep in mind that FFXV was in development hell, so there's a lot to prove here.

• Like 1

Here is an official statement on the season pass for FFXV:

The FFXV DLC is not content that has been cut from the main game just to sell to you later. This is really important because we want everyone who buys and plays the FFXV base game to know they are getting the full FFXV experience. The FFXV DLC will add new and unique experiences to the FFXV Universe with each piece of DLC designed to offer something brand new. So I’ll say it again because it’s important - the FFXV DLC is not content that has been cut from the main game!

6281c7fe9f6e81888901104b97da54b1.png

Wow fuck square for not having the season pass with the 280/90 version.

My thoughts exactly, I really doubt throwing in the season pass for those relatively small amount of Pre-Orders would have broken the bank. Thankfully it doesn't seem like Square is taking content out of the main game unlike some other major releases. 

*cough* Halo 5 *cough*

Edited by TheAveryChu

Don't know why so many people are in a toss over a $25 season pass. I'm guessing you'll be pissed if they have trophies and it'll fuck over the precious 100% completion? :/

Otherwise I'd simply say, don't like it don't buy it...

Edited by Valyrious

Don't know why so many people are in a toss over a $25 season pass. I'm guessing you'll be pissed if they have trophies and it'll fuck over the precious 100% completion? :/

Since you mentioned it...

Considering the main part of season pass are partner episodes, I would say there is 99% chance there will be trophies.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

Since you mentioned it...

Considering the main part of season pass are partner episodes, I would say there is 99% chance there will be trophies.

Which, in my opinion, makes it worth buying. If it's just skins and non-story related DLC, then obviously that wouldn't be worth the investment at all. I'll take short little episodes, like the Platinum Demo.

I really hope it's not like XIII-2's DLC. Just a bunch of pointless costumes and weapons, with a few battle arena additions. I'm more interested in the GameStop digital preorder bonus than I am the season pass. I'd rather just spend less money on any that have trophies or if they do a decent story bundle.

I really hope it's not like XIII-2's DLC. Just a bunch of pointless costumes and weapons, with a few battle arena additions. I'm more interested in the GameStop digital preorder bonus than I am the season pass. I'd rather just spend less money on any that have trophies or if they do a decent story bundle.

I really doubt it will be. If it was, it definitely wouldn't be worth remotely close to $25. I think the highest any of the XIII-2 DLC's went for was $5, and that was the one where you fought Caius again I believe.

Here's some details on what we should expect. Although, it's translated from Japanese, so you know, prepare for it to not make much sense.

Square Enix release more information on the DLC for Final Fantasy XV, which is set for release on the Playstation 4 and XBox One systems on September 30.

For the three character DLC, Episodes Gladiolus, Ingus, and Prompto, each of those characters will be fully playable, whereas earlier reports only stated that Noctis was the only playable character in the game. While there's no mention of them being playable in the full game, it will give players the opportunity to use these dudes to some extent.

The Holiday Pack "colors the game more colorful" (thanks Google Translate /sarcasm). This will likely give the game a holiday theme. Hopefully this will be more than placing Santa hats on the characters.

The Booster Pack promises a powerful weapon to help you gain advantage in battle, though Square has yet to confirm which weapon.

Finally the Expansion Pack promises "a completely new Final Fantasy XV to play" which could mean anything. Could it mean the other gents will be available to play in the main game? Will we get a female character(s) to play? It sounds like it's going to be much more than the usual bonus dungeon we've seen in past installments.

Anyway, the DLC seems like it very well may be worth it. A free bonus weapon, three bonus episodes as the other team members and what is potentially a whole bonus game all may be worth the extra price.

It's REALLY hard to get excited for any DLC once you've experienced the perfection that were the Witcher 3 expansions (that Season Pass was also $25). Somehow I don't think I'll be writing home about "Episode Prompto", but who knows, maybe it'll completely shatter my mind.

I get that. The Witcher 3 was brilliant, it set the bar high for future DLC. I don't have high hopes for the season pass too, but we have to accept the game for what it is.

I really doubt it will be. If it was, it definitely wouldn't be worth remotely close to $25. I think the highest any of the XIII-2 DLC's went for was $5, and that was the one where you fought Caius again I believe.

Here's some details on what we should expect. Although, it's translated from Japanese, so you know, prepare for it to not make much sense.

Well damn, if it colors the game more colorful, I HAVE to get it.

Well, I don't know what is the Season Pass, all I cares is the game. If this game is really going to have DLCs, well then, I guess I have to wait and beat the game first.

It's REALLY hard to get excited for any DLC once you've experienced the perfection that were the Witcher 3 expansions (that Season Pass was also $25). Somehow I don't think I'll be writing home about "Episode Prompto", but who knows, maybe it'll completely shatter my mind.

I get that. The Witcher 3 was brilliant, it set the bar high for future DLC. I don't have high hopes for the season pass too, but we have to accept the game for what it is.

But I don't think people here have never played the Witcher 3, maybe that is the reason why they don't know how good season pass is or what kind of season pass is.  -_-

Edited by NEVEC1213