Final Fantasy XV Season pass announced.

Daniel_Shadow170

http://gematsu.com/2016/08/final-fantasy-xv-season-pass-announced

Final Fantasy XV will have a Season Pass that allows players to download additional content.

Pre-orders for a “Digital Premium Edition” of Final Fantasy XV, which includes the game and Season Pass, went live on the PlayStation Store in the U.S. today for $84.99. A “Season Pass Upgrade” is also available for users who already pre-ordered Final Fantasy XV digitally.

A Square Enix representative told Gematsu it currently has no further information to share about the Season Pass.

At E3 2016 in June, Final Fantasy XV director Hajime Tabata said the game’s downloadable content plans were “pretty much finalized,” and that it would include “additional story content, costumes, as well as things that don’t fall into those categories that fans will be excited to see.”

Final Fantasy XV is due out for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on September 30.

Hope it isn't random crap.

Great, now even JRPGs are getting onto the Season Pass bandwagon. As if we hadn't had enough with the fighting games, now JRPGs have it too.

It's official, then: the whole of the industry is contaminated. Good thing I decided to just start waiting for the price to come down on games, otherwise, this would have started to become a very expensive hobby (well, more so than it already is :P ).

I thought FF14 had a season pass or something along the lines?

No.  It's a subscription fee.. any of the game patches are free.  The big expansions, (I guess you could consider them season passes) are the packs that cost about £30.. but they are expansions, they are literally another game in the part of that series (I have put in more hours to Heavensward than I have A Realm Reborn).

This is the way the game industry is going these days.  I only hope this has been included in the Ultimate Edition of the game though.. other than that, I don't mind buying it if I really enjoy FFXV and want the extra story content.

Awesome news to me.

tumblr_o50vuxy0U81sotwrfo1_500.gif

Seriously though, it disappoints me that after dropping nearly $100 dollars on a game the developer is potentially offering content outside of what I paid for. This is not how you repay fans who opted to support you in purchasing CEs.

• Like 1