Messenger on PSNProfiles

So I was messaging someone through direct messages on this website and i realised on the left side that there is a section called storage. Under that it says "Your messenger Storage" .... (50 messages). What does this mean? That this website has a limit of 50 messages per account through messenger?

So I was messaging someone through direct messages on this website and i realised on the left side that there is a section called storage. Under that it says "Your messenger Storage" .... (50 messages). What does this mean? That this website has a limit of 50 messages per account through messenger?

Basic members can only have 50 messages in their inbox at one time and Premium members can have 200.

You have to delete message threads once it starts to get full, it's a little annoying (even I have to do it). I think it has something to do with the forum software (IP Board) though and there just has to be a limit.  :dunno: But yeah, you don't have to make a new account or anything, just delete old messages :P

Edited by BlindMango

You have to delete message threads once it starts to get full, it's a little annoying (even I have to do it). I think it has something to do with the forum software (IP Board) though and there just has to be a limit.  :dunno: But yeah, you don't have to make a new account or anything, just delete old messages :P

I wish Guide Team members (and mods too I suppose) would at least have a limit of 500 messages, I'm almost at my limit ... again  -_- .

Edited by Dragon-Archon

I think a real messenger would be awesome :D

I agree, once i noticed that i'm getting to my limits i had to ask a few members for their skype and now i use that for talking to them while gaming with them :/

Using PSN messenger on iOS or Android devices (or a Vita if you're awesome enough) is pretty easy and free if you need a messenger outside of the messages here.

Using PSN messenger on iOS or Android devices (or a Vita if you're awesome enough) is pretty easy and free if you need a messenger outside of the messages here.

true but it doesn't update properly hence why the ratings are so low. And adding players etc requires a separate app. If both were in 1, everything would be so much easier to add people and talk to them 

true but it doesn't update properly hence why the ratings are so low. And adding players etc requires a separate app. If both were in 1, everything would be so much easier to add people and talk to them 

When they were one app, it sucked. Trust me, it's better they're separated. 

I have been on this forum for more than a week now and apparently you won't have problems with instantly commenting on threads and messenger, why do i have to wait half an hour to send a message to another user?

This only applies to non-premium members so it's probably to prevent spam through accounts that are free and can be created in a matter of minutes. By having to wait half an hour to send a new message, this will mostly be prevented. I do not know if this is the exact reason for it but I guess it's at least something along those lines.