Bye Bye Backlog: Instant Game Collection

I have a big backlog but not a lot of free time so this event might be good for me as PS+ games tend to be fairly short. I want to clear some of these games so I would like to sign up for this.

My five to start with are:

1. Gone Home - PS4 - 0%

2. Unfinished Swan - PS4 - 0%

3. Remember Me - PS3 - 0%

4. Brothers: a Tale of Two Sons - PS3 - 0%

5. Contrast - PS3 - 0%

• Like 1

Nice event, I would definitely join if it was "play through the story" instead of "100% complete" since I'm not a completionist. Out of the 45 PS+ games in my backlog, 40 are on lower than 25% completion but only 3 of those I'd consider doing 100% on... Maaaybe 4. Weeeelllll.....

Feck it, I'm in. LET'S DO THIS!!!!

Damn it, looking through my backlog to see how few of them I would 100% proved to be my undoing. I see enough games on my list that are not eligible for a hypothetical new Hemiak "play games you have but don't know anything about" backlog event and which I could 100% without too much trouble. I'd give myself a high possibility of failure though, but whatever.

My starting list:

PS4
Mousecraft (20%)
The Swapper (0%)

PS3
Papo & Yo (4%)

I'm in doubt about which of the following games to add:

PS4
Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell (0%)

PS3
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (0%)
Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments (4%)

I also might just wait for next week to see what the September line-up is before declaring my official starting grid.

Also, are we doing a bit about having to write your thoughts on the game here? I must admit I'm liking these events where I can read what others think about games which sit unplayed in my own backlog...

Gone Home

People doing Gone Home are in for some aggrivation... one of those trophies is bugged so hard that there are over two dozen different theories about what you'll have to do to be able to make the game register it.

Edited by BillyHorrible
  • Like 2

Also, are we doing a bit about having to write your thoughts on the game here? I must admit I'm liking these events where I can read what others think about games which sit unplayed in my own backlog...

I will write a bit of my feelings / experiences in this process regardless of what the OP says :P:D

Because yeah, i too feel that that is part of this kinda challenge too :)

• Like 1

After giving it some thought, I've decided to add Broforce to my list of games for this event. I don't know if I'll be able to do that game along with the others, but I'll sure give it a try :)

So, here's my updated list:

1. Grim Fandango Remastered (6%)
  2. Table Top Racing: World Tour (18%)
  3. Echochrome (0%)
  4. Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon (20%)
  5. Super Stardust HD (0%)
  6. Broforce (4%)

I'll give this a go, I've been trying to decrease my backlog for ages now, particularly my Ps3 and Ps+ games. All of these are at 0%.

1. Yakuza 4

2. Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut

3. OlliOlli2

4. Table Top Racing: World Tour

5. CounterSpy

6. Bionic Commando Rearmed 2

7. I Am Alive

8. Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

• Like 1

I will write a bit of my feelings / experiences in this process regardless of what the OP says :P:D

Because yeah, i too feel that that is part of this kinda challenge too :)

Yes. I would love to see participation of that level. Not required but definitely encouraged.

Also Billy, I'll add you to the OP when you've settled on a list.

I'll give this a shot!

I'll give this a go, I've been trying to decrease my backlog for ages now, particularly my Ps3 and Ps+ games. All of these are at 0%.

Broforce (4%)

I have a big backlog but not a lot of free time so this event might be good for me as PS+ games tend to be fairly short. I want to clear some of these games so I would like to sign up for this.

Added.

• Like 1

Wow, so until I was choosing games for this thread I had no idea how big my PS+ backlog was. I need to sign up for this event. 8 games to start with:

Never Alone

Grow Home

Walking Dead Season 2

Ultratron

The Swapper

The Unfinished Swam

Teslagrad

Gone Home

I'll pick 2 more later, when I decide what I want to play.

• Like 1

Also Billy, I'll add you to the OP when you've settled on a list.

I thought about it and feck it, throw them all in. It's kind of the point of this event, right?

So this is my starting grid of six games, in the way you write them yourself for the main post (and in alphabetical order because I'm antsy that way):

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, Mousecraft, Papo & Yo, Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell, Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments, The Swapper

• Like 2

I thought about it and feck it, throw them all in. It's kind of the point of this event, right?

So this is my starting grid of six games, in the way you write them yourself for the main post (and in alphabetical order because I'm antsy that way):

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, Mousecraft, Papo & Yo, Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell, Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments, The Swapper

Wow, so until I was choosing games for this thread I had no idea how big my PS+ backlog was. I need to sign up for this event. 8 games to start with:

Added.

For what it's worth, I played ZOMBI for a different event a month ago and I couldn't stand it. I have some extensive notes over there if you want.

Thanks but I started it and I would to get a nice 100% on it. Plus it has a ultra rare plat which is what I like to go for. Guacamelee is definitely a better game but I'll save for once I get my account to a better completion. Which event you played it for?

Thanks but I started it and I would to get a nice 100% on it. Plus it has a ultra rare plat which is what I like to go for. Guacamelee is definitely a better game but I'll save for once I get my account to a better completion. Which event you played it for?

Didn't realise you already started it, if you want a higher completion better plow through then.

The "kill your completion" event from Hemiak, in one month play ten games (three days each) which you have unplayed in your backlog and you know as little as possible about (at least never having played it or others in its franchise before). It was all PS+ for me :)

• Like 1

I have nothing better to do, I'll participate. My games:

1. Transistor

2. Grow Home

3. Remember Me

4. Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

5. Murasaki Baby

and maybe 6. Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines

I got a bit bored and started early, so Transistor is no longer under 25% completion-- if that's a problem then I'll replace it with Oreshika from the 'maybe' list. I'm also adding Plants vs. Zombies on Vita since I can't motivate myself to go back to it otherwise

Edited by Xylobe

People doing Gone Home are in for some aggrivation... one of those trophies is bugged so hard that there are over two dozen different theories about what you'll have to do to be able to make the game register it.

Thanks for the heads up, I didn't know about glitched trophies might save that one for when I have some time off work

I got a bit bored and started early, so Transistor is no longer under 25% completion-- if that's a problem then I'll replace it with Oreshika from the 'maybe' list. I'm also adding Plants vs. Zombies on Vita since I can't motivate myself to go back to it otherwise

It's not a problem for your backlog but it is for this challenge. Let's be sure all our games are at 25% or less when the challenge starts on September 1st. I'll update your list with the next batch of adds.

I double-checked my subscription and it'll expire in mid-November. I'll change out some of the harder games to be able to do as much as I can in two months.

1. Frozen Synapse Prime (PS3 - 0%)

2. Hotline Miami (PS3 - 0%)

3. Lemmings Touch (PSV - 0%)

4. Lone Survivor (PS3 - 0%)

5. PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate (PSV - 0%)

6. Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken (PSV - 0%)

7. Super Exploding Zoo (PSV - 0%)

8. Velocity Ultra (PSV - 0%)