Bye Bye Backlog: Instant Game Collection

Hi everyone  :) 
I'd like to join your little 'game'. It will probably motivate me to finish off PS Plus games (at least the ones I now I am able to terminate without me swearing and throwing chairs around - such games as SMB are a no-go  xD).

I will try to finish every game I put on a list but I can't promise myself anything as I have a shitload of things to do since 1st of September. DAMN YOU EDUCATION!   :shakefist:  :shakefist: 

My list:

1. Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD [11%] PS3
  2. HOARD [14%] PS3
  3. SteamWorld Dig [15%] PS4
  4. Just Cause 2 [24%] PS3 
  5. LIMBO [9%] PS3
  6. Journey [0%] PS4

Percent values in square barckets [ ] is my trophy progress for the particular game (Just Cause 2 just made it  B) ).

I will definitely add some games as soon as I finish some of these and get to know about games in PS Plus for upcoming months. Good luck everyone!  :D

• Like 2

Hi everyone  :) 

I'd like to join your little 'game'. It will probably motivate me to finish off PS Plus games (at least the ones I now I am able to terminate without me swearing and throwing chairs around - such games as SMB are a no-go  xD).

I will try to finish every game I put on a list but I can't promise myself anything as I have a shitload of things to do since 1st of September. DAMN YOU EDUCATION!   :shakefist:  :shakefist: 

My list:

2. HOARD [14%] PS3
  5. LIMBO [9%] PS3
  6. Journey [0%] PS4

Percent values in square barckets [ ] is my trophy progress for the particular game (Just Cause 2 just made it  B) ).

I will definitely add some games as soon as I finish some of these and get to know about games in PS Plus for upcoming months. Good luck everyone!  :D

Your games may not be very hard as SMB but just completing Hoard and JC2 needs a lot of time (close to 100 on both afaik) so it's gonna be a heavy challenge anyways :D

And you beat me at percentage in a game when starting this event  :angry:  ... i had PASBR at 23% when this event started xD xD xD

Edited by Evil_Joker88

Your games may not be very hard as SMB but just completing Hoard and JC2 needs a lot of time (close to 100 on both afaik) so it's gonna be a heavy challenge anyways :D

And you beat me at percentage from the beginning... i had PASBR at 23% when this event started :angry:xD xD xD

"afaik"... man, these text shortcuts you youngsters use are getting more and more elaborate. From context I have determined what it stands for but "I think" costs you only three more buttons to press.

Well, that's my "you guys know my twenties are far behind me, right?" old guy rant of the day, see you tomorrow when I have to yell at you again for playing on my lawn.

"afaik"... man, these text shortcuts you youngsters use are getting more and more elaborate. From context I have determined what it stands for but "I think" costs you only three more buttons to press.

Well, that's my "you guys know my twenties are far behind me, right?" old guy rant of the day, see you tomorrow when I have to yell at you again for playing on my lawn.

fully written it's "as far as i know" :D and this is pretty knew to me too.. need to learn more asap :D

If you don't want us on our lawn then play GET OFF MY LAWN :devil:

1. Rainbow Moon (11%)

2. Okami (10%)

3. Dragon's Dogma (0%)

4. Transistor (7%)

5. Apotheon (0%)

6. Dust: An Elysian Tale (0%)

7. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (0%)

8. Grow Home (0%)

9. The Unfinished Swan (0%)

10. Contrast (0%)

Played Okami for a couple of hours today and made some good progress, considering I've not been feeling too well :)  Words cannot express how much I love this game <3  I really like the story and the lore, along with the game play.  

Making a dent in my list (no matter how small)

• Like 2

Just a little Update. Im close to finishing Walking Dead Season 1 in preperation for season 2. Already played season 1 on PS3, but rebought it on PS4 when Season 2 was on plus, so that i'll have a custom savefile. Also, it was pretty cheap at that time :)

Also, i guess i'll make my 50th platinum during this event ;D

• Like 3

1. Fez - 28%
2. Far Cry Blood Dragon - 10%
3. Ether One - 3%
4. The Unfinished Swan (PS4)- 100%
5. Transistor - 6%
6. Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands - 0%
7. Amnesia: Memories - 0%

Little update on mine - I actually enjoyed The Unfinished Swan a lot and will probably go on to 100% it on PS3 and Vita now.
This has inspired me to go back to some of the other IGC games that didn't qualify for this event and ones I never thought I'd play (might add some to this list) such as Contrast, Doki Doki Universe, Gone Home and The Swapper.
  • Like 1

Game number 2 finished (Gone Home) i quite enjoyed the story - the ending wasn't where i thought they were heading with it though. The speedrun trophy was interesting though, I had to try about every trick i could find in order to get the trophy to pop and boy are there a lot of theories out there. For anyone else doing this the most helpful tip i found was to adjust the brightness right up, which avoids the need to waste time turning on lights.

On to Never Alone next will try to get that finished as well before i go on holiday on Friday.

• Like 1

Game number 2 finished (Gone Home) i quite enjoyed the story - the ending wasn't where i thought they were heading with it though. The speedrun trophy was interesting though, I had to try about every trick i could find in order to get the trophy to pop and boy are there a lot of theories out there. For anyone else doing this the most helpful tip i found was to adjust the brightness right up, which avoids the need to waste time turning on lights.

On to Never Alone next will try to get that finished as well before i go on holiday on Friday.

Yeah it's a stupid trophy even if it hadn't been bugged to hell and back.

I love me some holiday talk, where are you going?

And you beat me at percentage in a game when starting this event  :angry:  ... i had PASBR at 23% when this event started xD xD xD

Well, actually Just Cause 2 is gonna be pure fun and HOARD pure boost so I am not planning any trouble with that (bar time) xD  xD

Just another little update -

Started both prince of Persia and Joureny with them being released into the monthly games on PSN. Both games are very.... sandy ha ha :P

Got all the MP trophies done apart from meeting 10 different people on Journey so that's a good start, gonna have some lunch and then play some more, might be able to finish it up today or tomorrow

• Like 1

I've been tempted by this thread for a long time now and I've finally decided to join. :)  Here's my starting list:

1. Amnesia: Memories

2. Journey

3. Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands

4. Broken Age

5. Ether One

I may decide to add more later but I'll wait and see what October's games are. Good luck to everyone else! :highfive:

• Like 1

Transistor (100%)

Grow Home (100%)

Remember Me (14%)

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (18%)

Murasaki Baby (9%)

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines (0%)

Plants vs. Zombies Vita (4%)

Lords of the Fallen (9%)

Super Meat Boy (11%)

Journey PS4 (0%)

Finished up Grow Home and made a bit of progress on Super Meat Boy. I'm debating what I want to do next, I'm thinking I'll either work on Lords of the Fallen or Thieves in Time, or maybe knock out Journey.

• Like 1

1. Fez - 28%
2. Far Cry Blood Dragon - 10%
3. Ether One - 3%
4. The Unfinished Swan (PS4)- 100%
5. Transistor - 6%
6. Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands - 0%

7. Amnesia: Memories - 0%

Little update on mine - I actually enjoyed The Unfinished Swan a lot and will probably go on to 100% it on PS3 and Vita now.
This has inspired me to go back to some of the other IGC games that didn't qualify for this event and ones I never thought I'd play (might add some to this list) such as Contrast, Doki Doki Universe, Gone Home and The Swapper.

My two cents on the games you might add:

Contrast-Nice little platformer, I finished it in about a couple hours. You may want a guide for all the collectables and the few missable trophies, but otherwise, pretty easy

The Swapper- Amazing aesthetics, the puzzles are fantastic too.  Once again, use a guide, because it is possible to beat the game with a 0% trophy completion

Gone Home-It's ok.  I was able to finish it in an afternoon.  I didn't come up on any bugs that people have had, just took me a little longer due to the 1 minute trophy

Doki Doki Universe- I have that on my list for this and it is ok.  It looks alot like ToeJam and Earl due to being the same creator, and that makes me want a new TJ&E game even more

Just got the collectables to go now in Journey but I've had my fill of it for today, I personally think its way overhyped, glad I didn't fork out any money for this one really, like I say I'll mop up the last few collectables but then it'll be off the hard drive straight away.

So I want to add two more games to my list (Datura and PoP The Forgotten Sands) so it looks like this right now:

2. HOARD [14%] PS3
  5. LIMBO [9%] PS3
  6. Journey [0%] PS4
  7. Datura [0%] PS3
  8. Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands [0%] PS3

Games in bold are those that I am working on right now. So I can say that I can officially begin with the challenge  B) .

I have obviously started with these games at 0% and I will do an update and pick two other games as soon as I finish both of these so that I don't flood the thread with updates.

To the author of this thread: Please add me to the list of participants as soon as you can. I hope we will be able to pick more then ten games when we are done with what we chose. Some people have easy and fast games that can be done in a month or two. Cheers!  :D  :D

Once more good luck everyone and have fun!  :D

Status Update:

1. Road Not Take (0%)
  2. Transistor (0%)
  3. Super Time Force Ultra (31%)
  4. Saints Row: Gat out of Hel (0%)
  5. Rebel Galaxy (4%)
  6. Fez (100%)
  7. Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention (10%)
  8. Broken Age (0%)
  9. Apotheon (0%)
  10. Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines (0%)

STFU (they definitely did this on purpose) is actually a pretty fun game despite my initial low expectations of most free PS+ games that I haven't heard of.

I should've played this sooner, but I guess finding "hidden gems" like this one is part of this event's draw. Though I've completed harder games before, I still hope helladeck and super hardcore mode doesn't pose too much trouble.

So I want to add two more games to my list

I've been tempted by this thread for a long time now and I've finally decided to join. :)  Here's my starting list:

It's that cologne Billy is wearing, isn't it? I keep telling him milkshake scents bring all the gamers to the yard. Welcome.

Don't worry, I'm not planning on being able to plat it. I'll pretend it's done once I unlock the Golden God trophy (because the no-death ones are gonna be practically impossible).

"What? No, this isn't a headlock. I'm just hugging Xy's neck aggressively. Pretend nothing's happening here. Go on. Nothing to see here, folks."

Loving the updates everyone. I keep running out of likes!

Status Update:

1. Road Not Taken (0%)
  2. Transistor (0%)
  3. Super Time Force Ultra (71%)
  4. Saints Row: Gat out of Hell (0%)
  5. Rebel Galaxy (4%)
  6. Fez (100%)
  7. Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention (10%)
  8. Broken Age (0%)
  9. Apotheon (0%)
  10. Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines (0%)

Now only the 2 most difficult trophies remain before I get my hands on another UR plat. I hope I can make it through.

Edited by jaehyun1009
  • Like 1

I has an update!!

Rocket League (18%)

Murasaki Baby (100%) Completed September 7

Never Alone (0%)

Saint's Row: Gat Outta Hell (11%)

Broken Age (7%)

Journey (52%)

So I finished Murasaki Baby... while I appreciate what it's trying to do in terms of making use of all the Vita's functionality, it's not done well. Too much touch screen to the point where I can't even see what I'm doing and have to hold it awkwardly. If its just tap a few things here and there, or swipe here and there then it's fine, but I HAVE to keep at least one finger on the touch screen pretty much the entire time while holding it in a certain way so that I can be ready to tap/hold with another finger/hand just makes it annoying. Anyway, glad I got it out of the way now, and that it was at least free. Still for all the complaints, it's good to experience and at least see what can be done on a Vita.

I did my first playthrough on Journey. Always fun convincing people to sit down with me for 20 seconds and trying to show them all the glyph locations while not even knowing who they are. I happened to remember where all the glyphs were and most of the collectibles so I was able to pop a decent amount of trophies in that first run. Now to wait a week to pop the Return trophy and the rest. Though it's such a good game that I don't mind taking my time with this one. One thing though, for some reason every time I got to a cut scene, if I was with another player they were gone by the time the cutscene was over. So I lost that person and because of that I couldn't play with one person continuously and therefore not able to pop the Companion trophy. This was never an issue on PS3, did any body else have problems with this?

Anyway, on to more Saint's Row.

• Like 1