Bye Bye Backlog: Instant Game Collection

You can add any game later too you know? :awesome:

Unless you want to show you're trophy hunter #1 here and start with 15 games right away xD

Yeah I know, which is why I have no problem with checking out how these other games go first and deciding if I want to do the others at a later point.

Trophy Hunter #1, yeah that's me... oh no wait it's not.

okay thanks.  seems silly to attack ps+ free games backlog but require paid dlc for the games.  go ahead and count me out.  

It's the path of the completionist side. It's not stronger, but it is more seductive.

I was tempted to reply "No, YOUR FACE seems silly", but I'm glad I went with this one in the end.

okay thanks.  seems silly to attack ps+ free games backlog but require paid dlc for the games.  go ahead and count me out.  

Surely you have at least 5 games from + that interest you that don't have dlc trophies?

And like BillyHorrible said this is a completionist challenge Anything below 100% trophy progression would be a waste of time and effort xD

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 1

I have a couple of those PS+ games I still like to do this year

So far

• Furi
  • Limbo
  • Trine 2: Complete Story
  • Grow Home
  • Xeodrifter
  • Broforce
  • Unmechanical: Extended
  • Journey

Should be able to finish these in between the new releases I plan to play in the coming months.

• Like 1

I see your point but we're looking to 100% the games with this challenge. Just curious, are you anti-dlc? I found the game to be delightful. Sorry to see you go, mate.

Well the end of day one and I've knocked Valiant Hearts : The Great War off of my backlog list, 1 down 7 more to go :D

What'd you think? I quite enjoyed it. Though I need to go back for trophy cleanup at some point. I've always found WW1 the more interesting of the 20th Century wars.

Well, my nightmare has proven to be a false premonition as now you can strike at least one game off of my list...

La14672.png

Finished MouseCraft today

Yikes. Well at least you've got space for some (hopefully) more entertaining titles.

If it's OK for me to participate, then I would like to include the following games:

I have a couple of those PS+ games I still like to do this year

Added.

Edit: Minimizing spacing.

Edited by XX_FTW

I see your point but we're looking to 100% the games with this challenge. Just curious, are you anti-dlc? I found the game to be delightful. Sorry to see you go, mate.

I'm not anti-dlc, I guess I just thought that the goal was just to finish the free games we had in our backlog.  In retrospect I overreacted, I understand the 100% completion goal and was just bummed out that I thought I finished Never Alone and didn't even know it had dlc.  Hope I didn't sour anyone's lemonade.   I also found the game delightful albeit frustrating at times.

*fixed grammatical errors.

Edited by angelgrievous

I realized I still have one more game that I can add, so I'll do so (chose a vita game because I only have 1 in there out of 9):

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines (0%)

On another note, I'm going to start Fez soon. I hope to be done with it in a few days.

Edited by jaehyun1009

Yikes. Well at least you've got space for some (hopefully) more entertaining titles.

Yeah I just added MouseCraft to force myself to finish it, I did not expect to enjoy it any more. I should enjoy all the other games on my list more. My only fear is that I'll become annoyed with having to go on to 100% the games.

I'm not anti-dlc, I guess I just thought that the goal was just to finish the free games we had in our backlog. In retrospect I overreacted, I understand the 100% completion goal and was just bummed out that I thought I finished Never Alone and didn't even know it had dlc. Hope I didn't sour anyone's lemonade. I also found the game delightful albeit frustrating at times.

*fixed grammatical errors.

Yeah I get that. I did consider it when thinking over what the rules should be and 100% was just easier than figuring what was given for which games, etc. If you change your mind and decide to go for Foxtales, we'd love to have you back.

And yes it did get frustrating at times but I quite liked the game plus documentary approach. I've never seen anything like it and I thought it did well to educate and preserve the customs without sacrificing gameplay. I've gotta go back and play the dlc at some point. It's been waiting downloaded on my system for awhile.

I realized I still have one more game that I can add, so I'll do so (chose a vita game because I only have 1 in there out of 9):

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines (0%)

On another note, I'm going to start Fez soon. I hope to be done with it in a few days.

added.

I guess you're all buying the DLC then... Can anyone tell me what events there are in the DLC?

There's a championship for each car type. Plus you get some good cars for free. For example I didn't had to buy a supercar for the last championships. Also it's only 2.99€ so it's worth it!

There's a championship for each car type. Plus you get some good cars for free. For example I didn't had to buy a supercar for the last championships. Also it's only 2.99€ so it's worth it!

Let me rephrase my question: next to the championships, are there any special events?

The only thing I did not like about the game was the drifting, I liked the game enough to want to 100% it so I'm glad I played it right away when the drift events were completeable by driving in circles.

Also it is €3,99 for PS+ in the PSN store here...

Also also, I'm in a "buy as little as you can and focus on your backlog for a year" event, don't know if I should buy DLC right away. I kind of feel like I could enjoy TTR as much as I did because I didn't have to pay for it. Contrast Velocity 2X, which I liked so much after getting it for free on PS+ that I decided to buy all the DLC they created right away.

• Like 1

That sounds like fun and im already working on my backlist, so i'd like to join.

Just one question... If i understand correctly, i'm not allowed to put games on my list, that were available in the ICG, but were bought? Is there even a way to check this? Because i know i have bought games that came later to the ICG, but i don't trust that i can remember which ones those were...

added.

Just asking, but are you planning on updating the main posts only with lists or are you going to strike through completed games?

That sounds like fun and im already working on my backlist, so i'd like to join.

Just one question... If i understand correctly, i'm not allowed to put games on my list, that were available in the ICG, but were bought? Is there even a way to check this? Because i know i have bought games that came later to the ICG, but i don't trust that i can remember which ones those were...

I was going to say just log in to a different account without PS+ and you'll find them locked but I checked and my wife (who definitely has no PS+ can just play the games... perhaps because my account is still on there? I don't know then. Surely there are games of which you are certain that you didn't buy them? And if you hav eunlocked a trophy in a game before it went on PS+, well, that's a sign too.

Edited by BillyHorrible

Just asking, but are you planning on updating the main posts only with lists or are you going to strike through completed games?

I was going to say just log in to a different account without PS+ and you'll find them locked but I checked and my wife (who definitely has no PS+ can just play the games... perhaps because my account is still on there? I don't know then. Surely there are games of which you are certain that you didn't buy them? And if you hav eunlocked a trophy in a game before it went on PS+, well, that's a sign too.

I generally have some recollection so it wasn't too hard for me but there are a couple things you can do. If the game is already on your profile you can check the date you earned your first trophy and check that against the month the game arrived on IGC (or if an F game then check the trophies of the games immediately before and after on your profile). You can check your purchase history on the store website, which is imperfect but with patience can be done. If there is an expiration date it's a plus game if just a dash then you paid for it. If you use this method then I recommend going from the earliest date to the latest date (it defaults to most recent purchases) in case you've somehow redeemed games you've previously paid for. Umm if you regularly comment on the monthly threads here on psnp you may have noted in those posts what you were getting or had already etc. Lastly, take your best guess, mate. If you aren't sure about one but you are sure about another, go with what you're sure of.

Yes, Billy, I plan to strike through the completed games. I've been on mobile the last couple days and it's terrible editing the OP on it. I'll let you know when I've edited it. Feel free to do a list as you go though.

Edited by XX_FTW
  • Like 1

Thanks for the advices! Going through my purchase history would be to much of a hassle, there are hundreds and hundreds 9f entrys on there, i have lots of games on it, and every dlc and demo is displayed there also... But checking the dates of trophies sounds reasonable. I also have an idea that might work, but i have to test it first. Will be back if it works, in case somebody else needs it too!

Ok, so i just tested my idea, and it works. There is a nifty little javascript (chrome extension available) that you run over the webstore and it somehow filters your purchases, which you then can sort and search to your hearts content. And one of the filter options is to display all games, only games you got with plus and only games you havent got wih plus. I just tested it with a few gams, and if you switch it to only plus games, it doesnt show games that have been on plus, but you have bought earlier or later.

So, i will take  look at my list and submit my games in the next few days (im working the whole weekend).

The Extension is called PSDLE by the way, and is very handy, even without this special problem ;)

• Like 1

Ld3a634.png

Wow. Wow, fucking wow.

I got this game for free with PS+ in January 2015 and never gave it much thought. Decided to add it to my list for the "100% a bunch of backlog PS+ games" event, since it shouldn't be that hard.

What an amazing little game.

It starts out as a puzzle game. Pretty soon, you're getting snippets of story. Sure, at first it seems like your standard "scientists mess with stuff they should not mess with" plot, but this game takes it further... oh, so much further...

I really can't say much about the plot without spoiling it. Just go ahead and try it, with the notion that if you don't like it, then at least it will be an easy 100% (and if you have it through PS+, at least it was free). The puzzles are fun and only a few are really hard. You'll probably need a guide to get the trophies but you can do that safely just before the end, or, as I did, just look at a trophy guide so you can spot the next room containing a trophy-objective, and discover the rest of the game for yourself.

What are you doing, still reading this? I'm not telling you more about the game. It's a sci-fi puzzle game with with a compelling story, I said that already and that's all you're getting out of me. Go play it. Go play it now.

Are you deaf? NOW!

P.S. Don't feel insulted by this but I'm also in a "no buying just backlog playing for a year" event where I constantly update my games, so for the games I have put on my list for this thread, I'll use the same recap for you guys as I do for the other thread. Well, for now at least, don't know how I'll do this once I get to the games that take me more than a day since I update almost daily on the other thread.

Yes, Billy, I plan to strike through the completed games. I've been on mobile the last couple days and it's terrible editing the OP on it. I'll let you know when I've edited it. Feel free to do a list as you go though.

Don't rush yourself, just checking so I know what to expect :) I know how annoyingly minimal the phone options are, even if you're on "full" version...

Here's my list for now...

BillyHorrible

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, Mousecraft, Papo & Yo, Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell, Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments, The Swapper

Edited by BillyHorrible

Exactly. You can use anything from a second account as long both are active on one console. For example i have bought every dlc and redeemed the online pass of The Last Of Us in my US Account and can play everything while being online with my german account :)

And i played Motorstorm RC with my non-plus US acc even though i bought the game on my german acc :D

Ld3a634.png

Wow. Wow, fucking wow.

I got this game for free with PS+ in January 2015 and never gave it much thought. Decided to add it to my list for the "100% a bunch of backlog PS+ games" event, since it shouldn't be that hard.

What an amazing little game.

It starts out as a puzzle game. Pretty soon, you're getting snippets of story. Sure, at first it seems like your standard "scientists mess with stuff they should not mess with" plot, but this game takes it further... oh, so much further...

I really can't say much about the plot without spoiling it. Just go ahead and try it, with the notion that if you don't like it, then at least it will be an easy 100% (and if you have it through PS+, at least it was free). The puzzles are fun and only a few are really hard. You'll probably need a guide to get the trophies but you can do that safely just before the end, or, as I did, just look at a trophy guide so you can spot the next room containing a trophy-objective, and discover the rest of the game for yourself.

Well, I started this game, and it was pretty fun, but then I also started Child of Light for the Vita, and, well... I got hooked :P

I'll finish it up when I'm done with Child of Light tho

Edited by re_panos

Exactly. You can use anything from a second account as long both are active on one console. For example i have bought every dlc and redeemed the online pass of The Last Of Us in my US Account and can play everything while being online with my german account :)

And i played Motorstorm RC with my non-plus US acc even though i bought the game on my german acc :D

Well I knew it worked for normal content, just not that it worked for PS+ games :)

Well, I started this game, and it was pretty fun, but then I also started Child of Light for the Vita, and, well... I got hooked :P

I'll finish it up when I'm done with Child of Light tho

I played Child Of Light when it was released. Fun while it lasted though I thought it was a bit pretentious.

Swapper gets more appealing when you find out more of the story, my jaw dropped a few times in the later parts.