Bye Bye Backlog: Instant Game Collection

I have no self-respect so I'm adding Super Meat Boy to my list. Also Journey, which makes the full 10 games. So my final revised list is:

Transistor (100%, plat as trophy 5000  B) )

Grow Home (0%)

Remember Me (14%)

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (18%)

Murasaki Baby (9%)

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines (0%)

Plants vs. Zombies Vita (4%)

Lords of the Fallen (9%)

Super Meat Boy (4%)

Journey PS4 (0%)

so 1 game out of the way, Grow Home completed earlier today. It had the makings of of a good game but for me the control system really let it down i couldn't get on with using the trigger buttons to grab, plus it doesn't help when the game doesn't register a lot of the grabs and also i really don't like games with collectibles where there isn't a map or at least hints as to where they are located.

To be honest if it wasn't for this challenge i doubt I would have made it to the end.

Onto Gone Home next, plus working on Teslagrad on the vita at the same time.

Ok, so i got my list ready.

1.) Walking Dead 2 | PS4 | 0%

2.) Grow Home | PS4 | 0%

3.) Ether One | PS4 | 0% (Platinum)

4.) Apotheon | PS4 | 0% (Platinum)

5.) Grim Fandango | PS4/VITA | 0% (Platinum)

6.) The Swapper | PS4/VITA | 0%

7.) Gone Home | PS4 | 0%

8.) rain | PS3 | 0%

9.) Puppeteer | PS3 | 5% (Platinum)

10.) Infamous: First Light | PS4 | 0% (Platinum)

Looking foward to getting those off my backlog!

• Like 1

First update :D

Broken Age 0%

Lara Croft & the Temple of Osiris 10%

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning 8%

Malicious 10%

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale (PS3) completed 5th sept

I liked that you can play as so many different charakters and that every charakter was well adopted into this game. Reaching 100% is easy for most trophies, connection to online matches can be we real trouble here :facepalm: :D

• Like 1

Updated the OP with the new Adds and the completed games.

Working crazy hours right now so haven't had any time to game except for an hour or so which I spent with Trails of Cold Steel on Vita (not challenge related). Once this work project is done I can jump into this challenge properly. I'm thinking Hohokum will be first.

1. Rainbow Moon (11%)

2. Okami (0%)

3. Dragon's Dogma (0%)

4. Transistor (7%)

5. Apotheon (0%)

6. Dust: An Elysian Tale (0%)

7. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (0%)

8. Grow Home (0%)

9. The Unfinished Swan (0%)

10. Contrast (0%)

Minor update on Rainbow Moon...I earned 1 trophy after a few days of procrastination.  It hasn't really got my interest and finding it pretty boring overall, I like the battle style but feel like this is going to be one of those games that will feel like a slog.  Planning on mixing it up between other games though so hopefully won't start to dread going back to it - figure I'm going to have a 3 day rotation between that, Okami and Dragon's Dogma with them being the longer games.

• Like 1

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale (PS3) completed 5th sept

I liked that you can play as so many different charakters and that every charakter was well adopted into this game. Reaching 100% is easy for most trophies, connection to online matches can be we real trouble here :facepalm: :D

How well is online boostable and how much trouble does it take? I have only the online and playing with every character through story to go but I may just ignore online.

I can't decide if I should start Apotheon or Broken Age first. I do plan to complete both of them before I go off to Korea on vacation, though. (Sept. 15)

Broken Age has an awesome story, surely you'll do a playthrough without a walkthrough first?

Personal update: I have completed two games off of my list now and since I have to spend much time on work and planning a party and don't feel like gaming a lot, those times I do game I will probably spend on my regular stuff. This means that you'll hear from a completion again come October or later.

How well is online boostable and how much trouble does it take? I have only the online and playing with every character through story to go but I may just ignore online.

Boosting online depends heavily on luck. 1) meeting someone at all. last time i wanted to help someone we couldn't connect, but i hardly saw anyone else, only 1 match started while 10 times searching for others :( ... this determins 2) meeting your boosting partners can be troublesome. Good thing is you can boost even ranked matches with 2 vs 2 with splitscreen on both sides. So only 2 players are needed. Getting the trophies in then a piece of cake. 3 Min Battle to wait :D

Going through all arcades ("storymode" is too much xD ) was ok even the 2nd time i went through... i turned my tv mute and listend to music while beating the **** out of my enemies :D ... i think 30 min for each charakter and you're done with that :) ... depends a bit on your skills because there are 4 stages which end when you have 3 kills, the early stages end after 3 min...

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 1

I haven't started a single game from here yet. Almost all of them are. Downloaded, but I'm approaching Plat in UC3, and I've become addicted to Dark Souls... Again. Also been playing Helldivers so that'd eating my time.

But hey, I've got 4 months and all my games are relatively short, I'm not stressed.

I just unlocked The Kid in Super Meat Boy... I'm seriously regretting adding it to my list :shakefist:

Anyone who can 100% Super Meat Boy has more balls than me.

Seriously, watch out for testosterone poisoning because if you can 100% this game then there's probably something wrong with you. Something awesomely wrong.

• Like 1

Anyone who can 100% Super Meat Boy has more balls than me.

Seriously, watch out for testosterone poisoning because if you can 100% this game then there's probably something wrong with you. Something awesomely wrong.

Don't worry, I'm not planning on being able to plat it. I'll pretend it's done once I unlock the Golden God trophy (because the no-death ones are gonna be practically impossible).

Don't worry, I'm not planning on being able to plat it. I'll pretend it's done once I unlock the Golden God trophy (because the no-death ones are gonna be practically impossible).

Oooh, didn't know that was possible for this event, thought it had to be a literal 100%. Might have chosen my own list a bit differently if that's the case.

Is the story that good enough to warrant 3 playthroughs?

In any case, I'm actually still quite undecided on which game to complete next. I might do a RNG or something.

Why three? Save at the behinning of act one, act two and act three so you can reload for stuff you missed. After that you'll only have to do the speedrun which requires you to skip through the whole game in under an hour anyway.

It's not that difficult a game and the story is good enough to warrant one spoiler free walkthrough.

Edited by BillyHorrible

Why three? Save at the behinning of act one, act two and act three so you can reload for stuff you missed. After that you'll only have to do the speedrun which requires you to skip through the whole game in under an hour anyway.

It's not that difficult a game and the story is good enough to warrant one spoiler free walkthrough.

I looked at the trophy list and while it doesn't look like a difficult game, there are a lot of missables so chances are I'll have to play through each act again. your idea doesn't sound that bad though.