New Metal Gear announced - The end ?

Natsuu24

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3hjRKGrC40

Looks like we will got a new Metal Gear videogame - Metal Gear Survive... Without Kojima this is will be a fail... The saga already have 11 games and more than 20 years of history... It needs to end. And without the creator of everything, its just a fail (i think)... Maybe it can be a nice game, but not MGS...

"Dear konami please remove from from your title before you ruin the legacy of one of the most important video game franchises..."

Edited by Natsuu24
  • Like 2

I don't like this. But the idea that MGS will die without Kojima is stupid and an idea Kojima himself doesn't believe in. He's wanted to leave the franchise behind for years and to hand it to a younger, newer team.

This looks garbage don't get me wrong, but i'm still excited by the prospect of an MG1 remake.

• Like 1

I don't like this. But the idea that MGS will die without Kojima is stupid and an idea Kojima himself doesn't believe in. He's wanted to leave the franchise behind for years and to hand it to a younger, newer team.

This looks garbage don't get me wrong, but i'm still excited by the prospect of an MG1 remake.

Remember what he said... "MGS game without my hand, its not canon"... 

The saga already live too long, and its time to end, because every story is already told. And Kojima knows the history of mgs and every detail better than anyone, so, its why MGS need her hand to continue, and not another writer. I would like to see Sony buy the rights of the game with Kojima, and do some remasters, and start a new history, a lot of years later, with new characters, historys, everything new, but some easter eggs relationated to MGS, maybe sons or something.

But continue the history of Big Boss, Solid, no... Is already end, and we dont need alternate universes or something...

This is just like comics: its never gonna end. Characters may die, worlds may be remade, time travels, "what if" scenarios... but it will continue as long as the owner of the franchise wants money with said title. It is a shame, IMO, but thats reality.

That plot though... it sounds really bad. If all Konami wanted was a scenario for an online multiplayer game, they could get the events prior to MGS4 and let players build their own PMC (which would look like a guild in some way) and release contracts (missions) every week to keep it fresh.

Can we stop with the clickbait titles please? FIrst of all, MGS is not plural so it's not multiple franchises. Second, I would not call it the most important one.

Just use a title that actually reflects the news, please - "Konami announces new Metal Gear Solid game" will do fine. There's room for opinions in the actual post.

On topic: I only played two MGS games - both of the V games - and I liked Ground Zeroes but I was disappointed with Phantom Pain. I'm not really getting why Konami making a new game is a problem - they won't make an MGS or Castlevania game and people complain, now they ARE making an MGS and people still complain? Is it just because it doesn't feature Snake or is it because of the wormhole or because it's not Kojima?

I gotta say it actually seems like a promising trailer, though I get why the die hard fans will be disappointed. Seems like stealth is right out the window and the game becomes even more sci-fi horror. Personally I thought the stealth part was the best bit of Phantom Pain and I didn't like all the supernatural fluff, but at least this time they're open about it instead of me having to find out during the actual game.

Edited by BillyHorrible
  • Like 1

You got your metal gear in my silent hill! No! You got your silent hill in my metal gear! If you want to make the complaint that companies shouldn't continue video game franchises after the mastermind behind them leaves, then Final Fantasy should have stopped at number 10 after Sakaguchi left. They have to make money regardless of how you feel about it.

Remember what he said... "MGS game without my hand, its not canon"... 

The saga already live too long, and its time to end, because every story is already told. And Kojima knows the history of mgs and every detail better than anyone, so, its why MGS need her hand to continue, and not another writer. I would like to see Sony buy the rights of the game with Kojima, and do some remasters, and start a new history, a lot of years later, with new characters, historys, everything new, but some easter eggs relationated to MGS, maybe sons or something.

But continue the history of Big Boss, Solid, no... Is already end, and we dont need alternate universes or something...

When did he ever say that?

Kojima doesn't want to make more MGS games. He's wanted out for a while now. New people can do MG remakes or new games while he does his own thing with Sony.

Can we stop with the clickbait titles please? FIrst of all, MGS is not plural so it's not multiple franchises. Second, I would not call it the most important one.

Just use a title that actually reflects the news, please - "Konami announces new Metal Gear Solid game" will do fine. There's room for opinions in the actual post.

On topic: I only played two MGS games - both of the V games - and I liked Ground Zeroes but I was disappointed with Phantom Pain. I'm not really getting why Konami making a new game is a problem - they won't make an MGS or Castlevania game and people complain, now they ARE making an MGS and people still complain? Is it just because it doesn't feature Snake or is it because of the wormhole or because it's not Kojima?

I gotta say it actually seems like a promising trailer, though I get why the die hard fans will be disappointed. Seems like stealth is right out the window and the game becomes even more sci-fi horror. Personally I thought the stealth part was the best bit of Phantom Pain and I didn't like all the supernatural fluff, but at least this time they're open about it instead of me having to find out during the actual game.

I felt this post was rude, I mean, this could be one of the most important franchise for any gamer. Likewise, some other game franchise is close to your heart. This is a forum we can discuss things about, isn't it? Like an open forum, right? If one doesn't like anything, they always have the option to look the other way.

Coming back to the topic: The whole point is that the creator of this legendary series is no longer in the helm. I mean, imagine Naughty Dog not working on UC4 (keeping it Sony exclusive). Trailer can be misleading like anything (cough....cough..ahem...watchdogs...ahem), it'd be safe to assume this game can turn out to be a milking strategy with crappy content.

• Like 1

I felt this post was rude, I mean, this could be one of the most important franchise for any gamer. Likewise, some other game franchise is close to your heart. This is a forum we can discuss things about, isn't it? Like an open forum, right? If one doesn't like anything, they always have the option to look the other way.

Coming back to the topic: The whole point is that the creator of this legendary series is no longer in the helm. I mean, imagine Naughty Dog not working on UC4 (keeping it Sony exclusive). Trailer can be misleading like anything (cough....cough..ahem...watchdogs...ahem), it'd be safe to assume this game can turn out to be a milking strategy with crappy content.

I think you're misunderstanding my post. I'm not saying this series is awful, and that it can't be anyone's favourite but I'm against using that kind of words in the title except for the actual name of the game as it should be. People who actually like MGS will perhaps miss this post because the title doesn't do anything for them while people not into MGS will click on the title because it doesn't tell them that it's just about one franchise, and one they don't like at that. Nowhere does the title even imply that it's about a new MGS title and trailer. That's just a bad clickbait title and that's all there is to it.

You don't seem to have read beyond my first line or you would have gotten this. Right there in my second line, I say that MGS being important is an opinion and the title should be neutral. Furthermore, I do some more explaining of my own view, while also asking some questions to the fans, in the rest of my post which you also completely ignore. It's really weird, accusing me of being rude while I've been perfectly rational about it being an opinion, and asking of input from people who like the series more than me.

So here I ask again, anyone who is a fan of the series: can you tell me exactly why this looks like a bad game to you? I'm honestly interested. In my first post I've explained that it seems like it could be a fun game to me and what I like and don't like about MGS.

Edited by BillyHorrible

Fact: Kojima only considers the games he has directed as part of the “Metal Gear Saga.”

Google it...

Think one your favorite franchise made by other guys... And this saga already have 11 games and 20 years on it. Its time to end, and dont fuck with the series (sorry for my language)... Remember what happen to Assassins Creed....
Like i said, it could be a nice game, but "Metal Gear" in title is just killing the franchise...

So here I ask again, anyone who is a fan of the series: can you tell me exactly why this looks like a bad game to you? I'm honestly interested.

I am a fan and I can say that, based on the trailer, this looks more like a Left4Dead game than a Metal Gear game. IMO, Metal Gear is a game about human conflicts, different viewpoints that lead to war, the need for power and supremacy over others, machinations and ploys. When you take that away and give the story a common enemy (in this case, the red-horned zombie things) the game loses exactly what made it so unique over the years.

• Like 1

Fact: Kojima only considers the games he has directed as part of the “Metal Gear Saga.”

Google it...

Think one your favorite franchise made by other guys... And this saga already have 11 games and 20 years on it. Its time to end, and dont fuck with the series (sorry for my language)... Remember what happen to Assassins Creed....

Like i said, it could be a nice game, but "Metal Gear" in title is just killing the franchise...

Konami can do whatever they want with their own  IP no matter how you as a fan feel about it. Simply writing it off because Kojima isn't involved is not right and you should form an opinion on the game as a whole.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3hjRKGrC40

Looks like we will got a new Metal Gear videogame - Metal Gear Survive... Without Kojima this is will be a fail... The saga already have 11 games and more than 20 years of history... It needs to end. And without the creator of everything, its just a end... Maybe it can be a nice game, but not MGS...

"Dear konami please remove from from your title before you ruin the legacy of one of the most important video game franchises..."

Then do with religious people have done for thousands of years, pick the parts of Metal gear you want to recognize as what you like and completely ignore anything else. This is just a video game series. If people have managed to get by doing it with something as important as their spiritual beliefs, you can do it with something as trivial as a video game series.

"most important video game franchises"... subjective. Also, the fact that Konami is making another means it's not ending, directly contradicting your thread title.

• Like 1

Well, in fact, it is 1 of the most important, even if we like or not, because they made high improvments in gaming industry (more on ps1 and ps2 era).

If you consider this tittle as click bait, then sorry for that, it wasn`t my intention. If is possible to change, i will change it

Supernatural elements have always been part of Metal Gear Solid. It helps to research major points of a franchise before blindly jumping in - straight into the middle of canon no less. MGS has always been open with its themes of the supernatural, religion, politics, war, etc.

As for my opinion on the new game - I, for one, think it looks awesome and will be eagerly awaiting its release.

Considering it's the 30th anniversary of Metal Gear next year I would've preferred a remake of the first Metal Gear if Konami want to keep going with the series. I'm intrigued more than anything at this point, how will a stealth based series work in that environment? What will it add to the story? I'm not bothered about the alternate universe thing, like Rin said in the comment above this the supernatural (and paranormal) are constant themes in Metal Gear, the difference is we'll be placed in a supernatural environment rather than the supernatural finding space in our world. 

My biggest concern is how will the story and characters develop without Kojima's input? I won't expect miracles but I'm initially prepared to give it a chance. 

• Like 1