Assassin's Creed Ezio Collection: PS3 vs PS4 comparison

Finozzi1696

The thing I love about remasters is the value you get from them... more than likely, both of these collections would be $60 or less, and come with 2-3 games a piece, much like the Bioshock collection coming shortly and the FFX/X-2 I bought recently. As for these two, I doubt I'd get them... I'm sure AC2 would be annoying to play after getting used to the new controls of Unity and Syndicate, but it's a great idea for anyone who hasn't played them. Lego Harry Potter may take my money though, we'll see. I haven't bought a Lego game since like... Lego Marvel? and even then I skipped a bunch.

Wouldn't it be wonderful, a remake from the ground up of the Ezio trilogy with true new gen graphics and the new control scheme...

A man can dream though...

For me, LEGO Harry Potter is midway between back when LEGO games were boring (the old Star Wars ones) and when things really got interesting (Jurassic World and Force Awakens). There's some fun stuff in between like Marvel Super Heroes and Pirates Of The Caribbean but after the new ones personally it just does not feel right going back to the really older ones.

Edited by BillyHorrible

Wouldn't it be wonderful, a remake from the ground up of the Ezio trilogy with true new gen graphics and the new control scheme...

A man can dream though...

For me, LEGO Harry Potter is midway between back when LEGO games were boring (the old Star Wars ones) and when things really got interesting (Jurassic World and Force Awakens). There's some fun stuff in between like Marvel Super Heroes and Pirates Of The Caribbean but after the new ones personally it just does not feel right going back to the really older ones.

Yeah, people hate on the newer games in the series (Unity especially, I actually loved Syndicate personally) but the control improvements really do make a huge difference. I played one of the older AC games recently just for shits and giggles and it was super annoying without the fluid movement I'm now used to.

Nah, LEGO is just the Harry Potter duology. It doesn't include any of the other LEGO games but it gives Harry Potter's complete story. AC is the Ezio trilogy. It does not include any of the other Assassin's Creed games but it gives Ezio's complete story.

Come to think of it, the Harry Potter's were half-games anyway. It's ridiculous that they waited so long with bundling them together.

i know is just about the harry potter ones, but what i meant to say is that they included both games. they could have just remastered the first lego harry potter and i would be mad that they haven't included the second one but gladly that didn't happened. i know there are just 2 lego harry potter games so it was easy to bundle both of them together though.

i would've been more interested to see the first AC game since i would have preferred to play them from start to finish, since i haven't played any of them.

probably ubisoft is just going to pull out a square enix and make collections like what SE did with KH. it'll be just another way for them to keep making money while there's no new AC game this year.

and i don't get the half-game thing?

Edited by smellslikejavier

I heard that assassins creed 2 is the best game of the series. 

It definitely had one of the best stories but in terms of gameplay well its not the best anymore. 

Like a few others stated the original Assassins creed would have interested me more. Ezio was my favourite assassin so maybe i will get it.

To be honest this rumor has came up a few times before so i find it hard to believe.

As if pumping out new Assassins Creed games every year wasn't enough (well almost every year anyway), now they're selling the old ones back to us too!? I'll pass.  :P Calm down, it's a joke.

The Ezio trilogy is definitely the highlight of the series (even though Revelations kinda sucked), but I really don't have the energy for this series anymore. I've never really seen the series as anything more than good. There are certainly better games they could bring over to PS4. Well maybe not from Ubisoft, but whatever...  :P  

Yeah, people hate on the newer games in the series (Unity especially, I actually loved Syndicate personally) but the control improvements really do make a huge difference. I played one of the older AC games recently just for shits and giggles and it was super annoying without the fluid movement I'm now used to.

I liked all the Assassin's Creeds, to be honest. Yes, even III and yes, even Unity. Almost turns into a guilty pleasure from time to time. Every game up to Rogue has been played at least twice by me and I'll replay Unity and Syndicate some day as well, I'm guessing.

As far as the aging goes, it's the most obvious for me with Revelations. The older ones already have the "ow yeah that's what early PS3 graphics looked like" vibe but in Constantinopel, when I'm looking from one side of the city across the river to the other side, it just hits me how big the difference is between Revelations and earlier, and Black Flag and onwards. III is kind of a middle ground at the moment.

i know is just about the harry potter ones, but what i meant to say is that they included both games. they could have just remastered the first lego harry potter and i would be mad that they haven't included the second one but gladly that didn't happened. i know there are just 2 lego harry potter games so it was easy to bundle both of them together though.

i would've been more interested to see the first AC game since i would have preferred to play them from start to finish, since i haven't played any of them.

probably ubisoft is just going to pull out a square enix and make collections like what SE did with KH. it'll be just another way for them to keep making money while there's no new AC game this year.

and i don't get the half-game thing?

With the AC games, you're definitely getting a complete story with the Ezio trilogy. The only problem is that you're missing a bit of the "present-day" story, meaning that you''ve missed the main important part from the first game (spoiler: Desmond was kidnapped by an evil Templar organisation for his ancestral memories and in the end Lucy helped him escape while Desmond realised that he was gaining the supernatural eagle sight of his ancestor, that's all you need to know) and you'll end the present day on a cliffhanger but other than that you're fine. 98% of the game and plot take place in the past, and Ezio's complete life story is told in those three games. Personally, I'd say that this trilogy is the perfect way to step into the Assassin's Creed games since no matter how divided people are over the series, almost everybody includes II and Brotherhood in their top AC games list. All the other games are loose stories anyway, only the Americanas (III, Black Flag and Rogue)  have some small background stuff that ties them to each other but that's veering into easter egg territory and Unity has a small bit where it ties into Rogue but you won't feel like missing any important stuff if you don't play both. The Ezio trilogy is really the only place where three AC games tie so closely together next to that every single main AC game has a different protagonist from the others.

And I'm not bothered at all with Ubisoft deciding to remaster more AC games if Ezio proves profitable. They can have my money. Half a year ago, when rumour went around that AC1 would be getting a remaster, I was the one saying "screw that, give me II and Brotherhood!"

About the half game: Harry Potter's full story lasts seven years, in seven books or eight movies (with the movies dropping about half the stuff from the books). LEGO went ahead and first did the first half before doing the second half. Just so they could ride the hype of the Deathly Hallows 1 movie with the first game and the hype of the Deathly Hallows 2 movie with the second game. They do this more often, like releasing a Hobbit game with the last movie missing (we never got that DLC they promised), or now doing Force Awakens even though it's the first out of a trilogy. Yeah it was  a nice game but the story was too stretched out, this is the first time they based a game on a single movie out of a franchise (the other time they based a game on a single movie was with the LEGO Movie but I think we can forgive them for that one).

In short: to both series the circumstances are much bigger than just "one is a complete story, one is not" and I would say that just because LEGO Harry 1&2 tells the whole Harry story while there's more to AC than just Ezio, is not a reason to not get the Ezio trilogy and it's not a reason to get the Harries.

There better be an ingame feather map. Dick move if they dont. xD

Probably won't unless there's more they change, I'm guessing it will just be a bit graphically enhanced and that's it.

As if pumping out new Assassins Creed games every year wasn't enough (well almost every year anyway), now they're selling the old ones back to us too!? I'll pass.  :P Calm down, it's a joke.

The Ezio trilogy is definitely the highlight of the series (even though Revelations kinda sucked), but I really don't have the energy for this series anymore. I've never really seen the series as anything more than good. There are certainly better games they could bring over to PS4. Well maybe not from Ubisoft, but whatever...  :P  

So you're saying you DON'T want James Cameron's Avatar: The Game on PS4? But yeah, the AC games are definitely the highlight of Ubisoft except for Prince Of Persia and Tom Clancy fans. The only game next to AC that I'd definitely get from them again is already coming to PS4 (spoiler: it's Stick Of Truth).

Edited by BillyHorrible
  • Like 1

With the AC games, you're definitely getting a complete story with the Ezio trilogy. The only problem is that you're missing a bit of the "present-day" story, meaning that you''ve missed the main important part from the first game (spoiler: Desmond was kidnapped by an evil Templar organisation for his ancestral memories and in the end Lucy helped him escape while Desmond realised that he was gaining the supernatural eagle sight of his ancestor, that's all you need to know) and you'll end the present day on a cliffhanger but other than that you're fine. 98% of the game and plot take place in the past, and Ezio's complete life story is told in those three games. Personally, I'd say that this trilogy is the perfect way to step into the Assassin's Creed games since no matter how divided people are over the series, almost everybody includes II and Brotherhood in their top AC games list. All the other games are loose stories anyway, only the Americanas (III, Black Flag and Rogue)  have some small background stuff that ties them to each other but that's veering into easter egg territory and Unity has a small bit where it ties into Rogue but you won't feel like missing any important stuff if you don't play both. The Ezio trilogy is really the only place where three AC games tie so closely together next to that every single main AC game has a different protagonist from the others.

And I'm not bothered at all with Ubisoft deciding to remaster more AC games if Ezio proves profitable. They can have my money. Half a year ago, when rumour went around that AC1 would be getting a remaster, I was the one saying "screw that, give me II and Brotherhood!"

About the half game: Harry Potter's full story lasts seven years, in seven books or eight movies (with the movies dropping about half the stuff from the books). LEGO went ahead and first did the first half before doing the second half. Just so they could ride the hype of the Deathly Hallows 1 movie with the first game and the hype of the Deathly Hallows 2 movie with the second game. They do this more often, like releasing a Hobbit game with the last movie missing (we never got that DLC they promised), or now doing Force Awakens even though it's the first out of a trilogy. Yeah it was  a nice game but the story was too stretched out, this is the first time they based a game on a single movie out of a franchise (the other time they based a game on a single movie was with the LEGO Movie but I think we can forgive them for that one).

In short: to both series the circumstances are much bigger than just "one is a complete story, one is not" and I would say that just because LEGO Harry 1&2 tells the whole Harry story while there's more to AC than just Ezio, is not a reason to not get the Ezio trilogy and it's not a reason to get the Harries.

i agree that it would've been better to have the 7/8 harry potter stories on 1 lego game, but maybe they would've shortened some of the stories so the whole game doesn't take too long to complete. i believe releasing it in two parts was a way to make part 1 and part 2 last like 10 hours each instead of having 1 game with the 7 stories that only last 10 hours. i don't know the exactly length of the lego games so this is just an assumption. 

i'm the kind of person that doesn't like to play the sequels first before playing the previous games, even if they are unrelated there's always at least some minor references, easter eggs, etc between each game (like with the GTA games) and i would like to understand them, that's why i would've preferred to have a collection with the first 3 or 4 games bundled together and then another collection with the rest of the games, so i could enjoy they in chronological order.

is also a way to not be frustrated going back to an old gameplay style, with this i mean i don't like playing gta 5 first and then going back to play gta 3, the gameplay and open world differences are just too huge and while gta 5's gameplay is very easy and comfortable gta 3's gameplay is the opposite of that.

i don't have any problem with ubisoft releasing collections, in fact i would like to see them doing that with the rest of the AC games, but that doesn't mean i still don't think is just another way for them to keep making easy money every year.

Actually I'd love to see the first three Harry Potter games as a remake or remastered. They were pretty good. But since it's never gonna happen, those lego games should keep me somehow satisfied.

there's a slight chance that, with this whole ps2 emulation on ps4 we might see them at 1080p and with trophy support on ps4 at some point, but i don't know if it'll happen because of its copyright, but you never know...

i mean, rockstar was able to re-release the warriors for the ps4, and that's a game based on a movie.

Come to think of it, the Harry Potter's were half-games anyway. It's ridiculous that they waited so long with bundling them together.

lol... no. The Harry Potter games were just as long as other LEGO games. You could argue they're even longer than most LEGO games, being 24(?) levels long instead of the usual 15, and Hogwarts itself is quite big in 1-4 to explore outside of just doing the levels.

Is the first LEGO Star Wars game a fourth of a game, because there are 3 others? No.

• Like 1

lol... no. The Harry Potter games were just as long as other LEGO games. You could argue they're even longer than most LEGO games, being 24(?) levels long instead of the usual 15, and Hogwarts itself is quite big in 1-4 to explore outside of just doing the levels.

Is the first LEGO Star Wars game a fourth of a game, because there are 3 others? No.

Both points you try to raisr are clearly not the same thing as what we were talking about.

Length: of course it's longer, it's two games and most LEGO games have twelve levels.

Both Star Wars games were separate trilogies, complete stories in their own right.

Here's the good comparison, the one you're ignoring (and the one I explained already): Either Harry Potter game is not a full story in the same way that LEGO The Hobbit was not a full story. I'm not talking about length here but just story. Of course the length is fine since it's always twelve levels.

Star Wars I-III: complete trilogy, full story.

Star Wars IV-VI: complete trilogy, full story.

Pirates Of The Caribbean: all four movies (at the time), full story.

Harry Potter 1-4: Half the movies, half the story.

Harry Potter 5-8: Half the movies, half the story.

The Hobbit 1-2: Not waiting for the last movie, not the full story.

Force Awakens: Not waiting for the other two movies, not the full story.

All have good length game-wise but not all are full stories. Harry Potter might be given somewhat of a free pass since there were so many movies to go through and it shouldn't be rushed but Hobbit and especially Force Awakens clearly used padding to get their storylines over a full twelve levels instead of sharing with more movies.

At least with Star Wars, we know they'll do the other ones as well (probably Rogue too - get it?), but we will never get the full LEGO Hobbit game.

Both points you try to raisr are clearly not the same thing as what we were talking about.

Length: of course it's longer, it's two games and most LEGO games have twelve levels.

Both Star Wars games were separate trilogies, complete stories in their own right.

Here's the good comparison, the one you're ignoring (and the one I explained already): Either Harry Potter game is not a full story in the same way that LEGO The Hobbit was not a full story. I'm not talking about length here but just story. Of course the length is fine since it's always twelve levels.

Star Wars I-III: complete trilogy, full story.

Star Wars IV-VI: complete trilogy, full story.

Pirates Of The Caribbean: all four movies (at the time), full story.

Harry Potter 1-4: Half the movies, half the story.

Harry Potter 5-8: Half the movies, half the story.

The Hobbit 1-2: Not waiting for the last movie, not the full story.

Force Awakens: Not waiting for the other two movies, not the full story.

All have good length game-wise but not all are full stories. Harry Potter might be given somewhat of a free pass since there were so many movies to go through and it shouldn't be rushed but Hobbit and especially Force Awakens clearly used padding to get their storylines over a full twelve levels instead of sharing with more movies.

At least with Star Wars, we know they'll do the other ones as well (probably Rogue too - get it?), but we will never get the full LEGO Hobbit game.

No, I mean each Harry Potter game had 24 levels each, not combined. Combined you would get 48 levels. While I do get where you're coming from saying it's only half the story, that really doesn't make the game a "half-game" when it's a full-length title (by LEGO standards). Besides, there's a ninth story now so the collection would've been incomplete anyway, and will still be incomplete when it releases on PS4 (unless they add levels for Cursed Child, which I highly doubt).

No, I mean each Harry Potter game had 24 levels each, not combined. Combined you would get 48 levels. While I do get where you're coming from saying it's only half the story, that really doesn't make the game a "half-game" when it's a full-length title (by LEGO standards). Besides, there's a ninth story now so the collection would've been incomplete anyway, and will still be incomplete when it releases on PS4 (unless they add levels for Cursed Child, which I highly doubt).

Is Cursed Child 100% canon with the HR universe? I'm honestly asking this, since apparently is just a stage play.

Wikipedia: "Harry Potter and the Cursed Child is a two-part West End stage play written by Jack Thorne based on an original new story by Thorne, J.K. Rowling and John Tiffany." 

It wasn't even written by JK Rowling, so I don't know if it should be seen as a continuation to the main HR storyline, unless she had said it is.

Also, does this mean they'll make a new HR movie at some point? except for that spin-off they are doing.

Is Cursed Child 100% canon with the HR universe? I'm honestly asking this, since apparently is just a stage play.

Wikipedia: "Harry Potter and the Cursed Child is a two-part West End stage play written by Jack Thorne based on an original new story by Thorne, J.K. Rowling and John Tiffany." 

It wasn't even written by JK Rowling, so I don't know if it should be seen as a continuation to the main HR storyline, unless she had said it is.

Also, does this mean they'll make a new HR movie at some point? except for that spin-off they are doing.

Rowling said it is, but I refuse to accept it as canon, personally. There are just too many continuity errors and blatant retcon for me to take it seriously (I can expand on this in a PM if you want, don't want to go too far off topic). It was pretty okay as a fanfiction story, but as a canon story continuing on from Deathly Hallows, it's insulting. It's honestly made me rather worried about Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.

Warner Bros. have trademarked something related to Cursed Child, which has led people to speculate they'll eventually make a movie about it, but they're denying it currently, saying that was just a standard procedure.

Edited by madbuk
  • Like 1

Rowling said it is, but I refuse to accept it as canon, personally. There are just too many continuity errors and blatant retcon for me to take it seriously (I can expand on this in a PM if you want, don't want to go too far off topic). It was pretty okay as a fanfiction story, but as a canon story continuing on from Deathly Hallows, it's insulting. It's honestly made me rather worried about Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.

Warner Bros. have trademarked something related to Cursed Child I think, which has led people to speculate they'll eventually make a movie about it, but they're denying it for currently, saying that was just a standard procedure.

Well, if she said it... but yeah if there are continuity errors one as a fan just can't take it seriously.

I just read that JKR said it won't have a movie, and apparently even if they make one Daniel Radcliffe also said he will not be returning to it, and I doubt they'll make one if he's not playing as HR.

A shame really, but I guess we'll just have to be happy with the FBAWTFT spin-off.

I did not know the Harry Potters had 24 levels each, my bad. Have not played the second one, played the first one but it was so long ago I must have forgotten.

Yes, the title is full length (more so even if it's 24 levels per title), I really was only talking about finished stories though since that was the point being discussed by Javier and me. I'm kind of getting annoyed by LEGO games with only half the story. As I said, Harry Potter might even be excused because there's so much story to go through but Force Awakens had too much padding* and there really is no excuse for The Hobbit at all.

And no, Harry Potter is not suddenly incomplete if there will be more books/movies. I already stated with Pirates Of The Caribbean that it had all four movies that had been released at that point: a stand-alone movie, two movies intertwined and another stand-alone. It remains to be seen if the new movie(s) are in any way connected to the old plots but as it was, at the point of making the LEGO movies, that was the complete Pirates saga.

That excuse can't be made for the others. LEGO Harry Potter 1, about the first four movies, was released when movie 7 hit theatres and all seven books had been released. Harry Potter at that time was fully understood to be a full story told in seven books, eight films. LEGO The Hobbit was released halfway between the second and third movie, when it was well-known that the full Hobbit story would be comprised of three movies. The third movie has to this day not been adapted, even though the trophy for 100% completion in the game is titled "To Be Continued...". LEGO The Force Awakens was made right after the first movie, which we all know is the first of a new trilogy. Seeing as Star Wars is everybody's favourite cash cow right now, I have little doubt that LEGO will release separate games on all movies, possible the side movies as well.

Let me get one thing straight: I like LEGO games. It's one of the few times the missus actually games along with me. We liked the first Harry Potter and would have played the second if I hadn't gotten rid of my X360, we most likely will now get this remastered version at some point. I'm just against them occasionally deciding that while it is already known what the full story of a saga is (or how long we'll have to wait to get to know the end), they still opt for padding it over multiple games.

* Let's recap Force Awakens:

• Battle Of Endor prologue and Luke's Island epilogue as full levels just to get to the minimum of twelve levels in the story.
  • A level about the assault on Jakku. Fine, but then two more levels around Jakku when one combination would have been just fine.
  • A level on the Eravana, fine.
  • Two levels on Takodana where one combination would have been fine.
  • A level with the Resistance, all there is to do is actually getting the Falcon ready to fly to Starkiller base.
  • THREE levels about the climax on Starkiller base. One level might be pushing it but it could have been done in two, easily.

All in all, without padding this could have been just 6 levels plus an epilogue, which would have been fine for a game about the whole trilogy.

I did not know the Harry Potters had 24 levels each, my bad. Have not played the second one, played the first one but it was so long ago I must have forgotten.

Yes, the title is full length (more so even if it's 24 levels per title), I really was only talking about finished stories though since that was the point being discussed by Javier and me. I'm kind of getting annoyed by LEGO games with only half the story. As I said, Harry Potter might even be excused because there's so much story to go through but Force Awakens had too much padding* and there really is no excuse for The Hobbit at all.

And no, Harry Potter is not suddenly incomplete if there will be more books/movies. I already stated with Pirates Of The Caribbean that it had all four movies that had been released at that point: a stand-alone movie, two movies intertwined and another stand-alone. It remains to be seen if the new movie(s) are in any way connected to the old plots but as it was, at the point of making the LEGO movies, that was the complete Pirates saga.

That excuse can't be made for the others. LEGO Harry Potter 1, about the first four movies, was released when movie 7 hit theatres and all seven books had been released. Harry Potter at that time was fully understood to be a full story told in seven books, eight films. LEGO The Hobbit was released halfway between the second and third movie, when it was well-known that the full Hobbit story would be comprised of three movies. The third movie has to this day not been adapted, even though the trophy for 100% completion in the game is titled "To Be Continued...". LEGO The Force Awakens was made right after the first movie, which we all know is the first of a new trilogy. Seeing as Star Wars is everybody's favourite cash cow right now, I have little doubt that LEGO will release separate games on all movies, possible the side movies as well.

Let me get one thing straight: I like LEGO games. It's one of the few times the missus actually games along with me. We liked the first Harry Potter and would have played the second if I hadn't gotten rid of my X360, we most likely will now get this remastered version at some point. I'm just against them occasionally deciding that while it is already known what the full story of a saga is (or how long we'll have to wait to get to know the end), they still opt for padding it over multiple games.

* Let's recap Force Awakens:

• Battle Of Endor prologue and Luke's Island epilogue as full levels just to get to the minimum of twelve levels in the story.
  • A level about the assault on Jakku. Fine, but then two more levels around Jakku when one combination would have been just fine.
  • A level on the Eravana, fine.
  • Two levels on Takodana where one combination would have been fine.
  • A level with the Resistance, all there is to do is actually getting the Falcon ready to fly to Starkiller base.
  • THREE levels about the climax on Starkiller base. One level might be pushing it but it could have been done in two, easily.

All in all, without padding this could have been just 6 levels plus an epilogue, which would have been fine for a game about the whole trilogy.

I have never played a LEGO game before, well I played the "LEGO Star Wars Complete Saga" many years ago but only played like half the first game and didn't played the others (I have never watched a Star Wars movie either so I didn't know anything about the story), but I still liked what I saw.

So have the LEGO games improved with time? are the Harry Potter ones good? I loved the HR movies so I'm really interested in this collection but I prefer to know other people's opinions about it and see if I should buy it at full price or wait for a sale (if the leak becomes true, that is!) :)

I have never played a LEGO game before, well I played the "LEGO Star Wars Complete Saga" many years ago but only played like half the first game and didn't played the others (I have never watched a Star Wars movie either so I didn't know anything about the story), but I still liked what I saw.

So have the LEGO games improved with time? are the Harry Potter ones good? I loved the HR movies so I'm really interested in this collection but I prefer to know other people's opinions about it and see if I should buy it at full price or wait for a sale (if the leak becomes true, that is!) :)

My opinion, being both a huge Star Wars fan and an adult LEGO fan: the Star Wars games were a bore.

Those were the first LEGO games and not as action-packed as the later games would be, with uninteresting puzzles. There was something good hidden within though.

I very much prefer the later LEGO games. I have only played the first Harry Potter (more about that in the post you quoted), I'll definitely get the remaster at some point.

I think Jurassic World was the best, followed by Force Awakens, followed by Marvel Super Heroes, followed by Pirates. The story from Marvel Super Heroes was kind of a bore in my eyes but it was saved by the awesome hub world. I have to admit that I'm a fan of all those franchises outside of LEGO though so that has influenced my opinion a lot.

Except for the first Star Wars games I would not say any of the main LEGO games are bad but then again after Star Wars (the first LEGO game) I skipped the first Batman the Indiana Jones ones and whatever until Lord Of The Rings came around and I gave them another try. Since then I've only missed Marvel Avengers and LEGO Movie and both are in my possession, waiting to be played.

They're not the best games out there but they're fun for as long as they last, you'll be busy for a while if you want the platinum, and they know how to be clever with the franchise they're doing, especially later on. Personally, out of the ones I played I'd say any of them are worth it once they've dropped down to €20 or so. They're worth more if you're young or have young children, or if you're just a big fan of LEGO or one of the franchises.

Edited by BillyHorrible
  • Like 1

My opinion, being both a huge Star Wars fan and an adult LEGO fan: the Star Wars games were a bore.

Those were the first LEGO games and not as action-packed as the later games would be, with uninteresting puzzles. There was something good hidden within though.

I very much prefer the later LEGO games. I have only played the first Harry Potter (more about that in the post you quoted), I'll definitely get the remaster at some point.

I think Jurassic World was the best, followed by Force Awakens, followed by Marvel Super Heroes, followed by Pirates. The story from Marvel Super Heroes was kind of a bore in my eyes but it was saved by the awesome hub world. I have to admit that I'm a fan of all those franchises outside of LEGO though so that has influenced my opinion a lot.

Except for the first Star Wars games I would not say any of the main LEGO games are bad but then again after Star Wars (the first LEGO game) I skipped the first Batman the Indiana Jones ones and whatever until Lord Of The Rings came around and I gave them another try. Since then I've only missed Marvel Avengers and LEGO Movie and both are in my possession, waiting to be played.

They're not the best games out there but they're fun for as long as they last, you'll be busy for a while if you want the platinum, and they know how to be clever with the franchise they're doing, especially later on. Personally, out of the ones I played I'd say any of them are worth it once they've dropped down to €20 or so. They're worth more if you're young or have young children, or if you're just a big fan of LEGO or one of the franchises.

Oh I see! thank you for your reply, I'm even more excited to play them now! :)

Currently I'm only interested in the Harry Potter ones, since that's the only franchise I have watched or have an interest for, but maybe if some day I decide to watch Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Marvel Movies, etc I might like them and have interest for their LEGO videogames.

What I like about this LEGO games is that even if you're an adult or teenager you can still enjoy them, same with other similar "kid-style" games like Tearaway, Little Big Planet, Ni No Kuni, etc. No wonder they are so popular, giving that everyone can equally enjoy them! :D

I loved Harry Potter 1-4, personally. It's up there with the Batman games and Indiana Jones 1, which are favourites. 5-7... idk. It didn't feel as interesting or fun as 1-4, but I can't really put my finger on why.

I still definitely recommend it though, if only for 1-4. Exploring Hogwarts in LEGO form was very enjoyable, just as enjoyable as in the Harry Potter games themselves imo. I much prefer it to the more recent hubs, like the city in Marvel or the planets in Batman 3.

• Like 2

I loved Harry Potter 1-4, personally. It's up there with the Batman games and Indiana Jones 1, which are favourites. 5-7... idk. It didn't feel as interesting or fun as 1-4, but I can't really put my finger on why.

I still definitely recommend it though, if only for 1-4. Exploring Hogwarts in LEGO form was very enjoyable, just as enjoyable as in the Harry Potter games themselves imo. I much prefer it to the more recent hubs, like the city in Marvel or the planets in Batman 3.

Thanks! :) yeah I even remember having more fun with the first 3 Harry Potter games from the PS2 era since they were more focused on platforming, exploring Hogwarts, etc but the newer ones from the PS3 weren't so good in my opinion since they become more realistic and with both the Deathly Hallows games is like they changed their gameplay to a COD-shooter gameplay, which I hugely disliked. Although I remember liking the Order of the Phoenix game.

So maybe the same thing might apply to the LEGO ones, the first ones are fun but as the story progress they become more dark and more battle focused and less exploration focused? at least that's how I felt with the non-LEGO games of the franchise.

I really hope Sony could bring them to the PS4 via emulation, would buy them in a heartbeat!

Also, could yo explain me what is a "hub" in the LEGO universe? I guess it might be a central place for you to buy stuff and visit other worlds? kind of like a rest area, similar to those found on the old RE games? thank you!