Assassin's Creed Ezio Collection: PS3 vs PS4 comparison

Finozzi1696

Nothing official yet, but NeoGAF is full of verified people and sources, a lot gets leaked there. It's a forum for gaming enthusiasts, games developers, journalists, etc., so a lot of insider information is available.

Take it with a grain of salt since it's not official, but I'm inclined to believe GAF on this one. Especially since it has already been rated.

I agree it's better to wait for an official announcement from Ubisoft! :) but from what I've seen when there are so many leaks and rumors about it the rumor tend to become true sooner or later in most cases.

Thanks for the info, I'll still wait on something official then. Rumour a few months ago was a remastered AC1. Put enough rumours out there and eventually one might come true.

I like the Ezio rumour more though, that would be the first time I play something remastered that I already have played on PS3. Though my PSN avatar probably says enough about my opinion on Ezio.

Huh interesting. Might replay 2 and Brotherhood since they were my favorites. Never played Revelations though.

I thought Revelations was decent, II and Brotherhood were much better though.
  • Like 1

Thanks for the info, I'll still wait on something official then. Rumour a few months ago was a remastered AC1. Put enough rumours out there and eventually one might come true.

I like the Ezio rumour more though, that would be the first time I play something remastered that I already have played on PS3. Though my PSN avatar probably says enough about my opinion on Ezio.

No problem! :) one thing I've just noticed though, is that Amazon Italy actually listed the collection on their site like it says on that article. Similar cases of remastered collections being listed on Amazon or similar selling sites some months before an official confirmation of said collection came out have happened before. I remember this being the case of the BioShock collection, the Dead Island remasters, both Prototype remasters, etc

Still is just rumors until an official confirmation happens, but if there was a listing then at least this is a rumor that has more chances to be true than that AC1 one! just hoping Ubisoft makes remasters/collections of all the other AC games, would like to play all of them from beginning to end :D

No problem! :) one thing I've just noticed though, is that Amazon Italy actually listed the collection on their site like it says on that article. Similar cases of remastered collections being listed on Amazon or similar selling sites some months before an official confirmation of said collection came out have happened before. I remember this being the case of the BioShock collection, the Dead Island remasters, both Prototype remasters, etc

Still is just rumors until an official confirmation happens, but if there was a listing then at least this is a rumor that has more chances to be true than that AC1 one! just hoping Ubisoft makes remasters/collections of all the other AC games, would like to play all of them from beginning to end :D

I would especially like an AC1 remake since AC1 is on my Revelations disc, but I would prefer it to be a complete remake and not just polished graphics. The frst game was cool but the gameplay was not as streamlined as it became with II and later entries.

I would not object to remastereds of III and Rogue. They can put the PS4 version of Black Flag with it and release it as the Americas trilogy.

• Like 1

I really enjoyed ACII and Brotherhood (Revelations was alright), but if I bought and played every remaster of a game I previously enjoyed, I would never be able to afford or have the time to play anything new.

I understand why companies do this.  I mean, Ubisoft will probably charge a minimum of $40 for this (most likely $60), while the PS3 version of the Ezio trilogy is currently $18.20 on Amazon or could be purchased used at Gamestop for $13.94.  That is quite the markup for a better resolution and frame rate.

Here is some new info on the Lego Harry Potter remaster,

Coming out next month and it seems to be a PS Exclusive.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/remastered-lego-harry-potter-collection-coming-but/1100-6443406/

:o only for PS4? that's weird! If I recall correctly the only exclusive remasters the PS4 got were from previous PS3-exclusive games, I don't remember it getting any exclusive remasters from previous multi platform titles before   :blink:

Anyways thank you for the info! going to update the thread right now, and give you credit for it as always! :)

Edited by Finozzi1696

Pfff still $50 for the two LEGO Harry Potter games? I know it's a remaster but still  :blink:. I thought about picking it up before the price was confirmed but I think I'll wait till the price drops a bit.

I'm interested to see whether the Ezio collection is real too or not and what price tag that would get. 

Disappointed with the price. At least it's not full price, but it would've been nice if they copied some other remasters (like Darksiders) and made it even cheaper.

Oh well. I'll almost definitely pick it up once the price drops a bit. Love Harry Potter, and loved the LEGO adaptions. I do hope they at least fix the completion bugs in 1-4 though (luckily, I never encountered them on PS3. I did encounter a bug on the Wii version that made me skip a level, and then I couldn't replay it in story mode or free play for collectibles)

Throw the first 2 Lego Star Wars games (and I guess Clone Wars) on PS4 and I'll buy it.

I mean, not to be that guy, but I can already buy The Complete Saga on 360 and throw it in my Xbone at no extra cost.

Come on Telltale (Shit, I mean Traveler's Tales), put it on PS4 so I can give my money to you, and not to EB to buy a preowned copy of a game I already have on PS3 because you can't find new copies anymore.

Hi, I'm Dylan, I complain about re-releases all the time, but I'm dying to get my hands on the Crash remake and am currently pleading for a re-release of the Lego Star Wars games that I've already bought on PS2 (I & II), DS (II, TCS, & TCW), PSP (II & TCW), PS3 (TCS), Xbox (I), Android (TCS), and I think I bought it on my old iPhone but I might have just had the demo version.

• Like 2

Weird how so many people here seem to want to see the old LEGO Star Wars games again. Speaking as both a Star Wars fan, a LEGO game semi-fan and an IRL LEGO fan, I thought the old games were super boring.

In my opinion, if they do anything at all they should just redo the old movies in the current day LEGO game style.

Disappointed with the price. At least it's not full price, but it would've been nice if they copied some other remasters (like Darksiders) and made it even cheaper.

Remember that Darksiders is one game while this is two. Ezio (if true) will probably go for at least $50, possibly $60.

Not saying that I don't agree with you and will wait for it to go cheaper myself, just adding somthing we should remember.

• Like 2

Throw the first 2 Lego Star Wars games (and I guess Clone Wars) on PS4 and I'll buy it.

I mean, not to be that guy, but I can already buy The Complete Saga on 360 and throw it in my Xbone at no extra cost.

Come on Telltale (Shit, I mean Traveler's Tales), put it on PS4 so I can give my money to you, and not to EB to buy a preowned copy of a game I already have on PS3 because you can't find new copies anymore.

Hi, I'm Dylan, I complain about re-releases all the time, but I'm dying to get my hands on the Crash remake and am currently pleading for a re-release of the Lego Star Wars games that I've already bought on PS2 (I & II), DS (II, TCS, & TCW), PSP (II & TCW), PS3 (TCS), Xbox (I), Android (TCS), and I think I bought it on my old iPhone but I might have just had the demo version.

I play all the LEGO games (I'm finishing up Jurassic World and then have Marvel's Avengers and Force Awakens to play), and I actually just did what you're suggesting with LEGO SW TCS on 360 using the Xbox One's backwards compatibility. While some of the charm is still there, it's ROUGH going back to TCS after playing the newer LEGO games. It's not the lack of voice acting or anything like that, it's just rougher and really tedious to 100% the older LEGO games now (especially pointless things, like the Blue Canisters in TCS that only exist to make you go through levels AGAIN after the Story and Freeplay runs). I don't know when they added it (god, I hope they didn't remove it from later games), but in Jurassic World you can Freeplay specific sections of levels, which makes chase sections MUCH more tolerable and clean-up much easier. There are a lot of open-world map collectibles but they are varied enough taht they stay interesting. My TCS experience makes me a bit cautious about the Harry Potter remasters... I may actually wait for a sale (which I rarely do for LEGO games since I always get my money's worth with them). 

I would enjoy replaying The Clone Wars again though, I think. I remember that game not being quite as tedious, and I actually liked the RTS stuff they added. 

Weird how so many people here seem to want to see the old LEGO Star Wars games again. Speaking as both a Star Wars fan, a LEGO game semi-fan and an IRL LEGO fan, I thought the old games were super boring.

In my opinion, if they do anything at all they should just redo the old movies in the current day LEGO game style.

I think it would be cool to have the Star Wars levels and characters in a LEGO Dimensions story pack (like what they're doing with the new Ghostbusters movie), with a new story having the various eras intersect, so Luke would be fighting alongside Anakin, etc. And/or do the same thing with Star Trek. But since Disney doesn't own WB, CBS, or Paramount (yet), that's a long shot. 

Edited by MosesRockefeller

I think it would be cool to have the Star Wars levels and characters in a LEGO Dimensions story pack (like what they're doing with the new Ghostbusters movie), with a new story having the various eras intersect, so Luke would be fighting alongside Anakin, etc. And/or do the same thing with Star Trek. But since Disney doesn't own WB, CBS, or Paramount (yet), that's a long shot. 

Didn't think of Dimensions when I posted but yeah that would be a good alternative. I commented on that possibility a while ago when Disney announced it would discontinue work on Disney Infinity, which I always thought was the main reason of not including Star Wars in Dimensions right away (it being one of the most succesful LEGO sub-franchises, if not THE most succesful sub-franchise, especially counting real LEGO sets).

By the way, LEGO Harry Potter remastered is not the only way to enjoy the LEGO Harry Potter universe in time for the Fantastic Beasts movie - just like the new Ghostbusters film, Fantastic Beasts will get a full-movie Dimensions expansion.

Provided Dimensions doesn't go the same way as Disney infinity I think both Marvel and Star Wars are certainties to appear. I'm pretty sure the only reason they haven't already appeared in it is that Disney didn't want them in a rival toys to life game. With infinity kaput the obstacle is gone. Star trek is another matter as a rival toy company has the licence so that is pretty much a no go.

I think PlayStation has had exclusivity deals on the last couple of Lego games (character packs, first to get DLC) so this doesn't surprise me but the whole game? You think it'd have to be timed

Edit. Ninja'd

Edited by Cleggworth

After all these years, I'm still stumped by the fact that they won't even remaster the 1st Assassins Creed game. Sure, give Ezio a remaster, but why not give the Assassin Master a remaster?

Because the first game was incredibly boring. I mean I know the AC games aren't the deepest in the world but they were at least more fun to play. Do you want to collect all of those flags AGAIN? 

I play all the LEGO games (I'm finishing up Jurassic World and then have Marvel's Avengers and Force Awakens to play), and I actually just did what you're suggesting with LEGO SW TCS on 360 using the Xbox One's backwards compatibility. While some of the charm is still there, it's ROUGH going back to TCS after playing the newer LEGO games. It's not the lack of voice acting or anything like that, it's just rougher and really tedious to 100% the older LEGO games now (especially pointless things, like the Blue Canisters in TCS that only exist to make you go through levels AGAIN after the Story and Freeplay runs). I don't know when they added it (god, I hope they didn't remove it from later games), but in Jurassic World you can Freeplay specific sections of levels, which makes chase sections MUCH more tolerable and clean-up much easier. There are a lot of open-world map collectibles but they are varied enough taht they stay interesting. My TCS experience makes me a bit cautious about the Harry Potter remasters... I may actually wait for a sale (which I rarely do for LEGO games since I always get my money's worth with them). 

I would enjoy replaying The Clone Wars again though, I think. I remember that game not being quite as tedious, and I actually liked the RTS stuff they added. 

I got LSW2 when it came out and spent forever with that game. To me, I'm half and half, on the one hand I love the simplicity that LSW offered in the day, on the other I like open worlds with cars and planes and flying and super powers and side missions and all the other cool shit that comes with the newer ones. Personally, unless it's got Spider-Man in it, I'm not particularly after open world / bigger Lego games, I'll enjoy them for what they are and all that, but I'd only come back to it if it was for Spidey, so in that respect, I guess I prefer the streamlined approach of the old school LSW games. As for voice acting, I don't really like how they handle that in the newer games, and I always thought the goofy mutes were cute and funny anyways.

Took me a second to figure out what you meant, I thought you said Revenge of The Sith and I'm like when did this happen?!!? but then I got it.

hopefully they won't cut any songs from the radio stations x-D #bringbilliejeanbacktoharrypotter

nah just kidding.

Edited by smellslikejavier
  • Like 1

Because the first game was incredibly boring. I mean I know the AC games aren't the deepest in the world but they were at least more fun to play. Do you want to collect all of those flags AGAIN?

Yeah AC1 was fun enough to immediately get me interested in the rest of the series (I started around the release of Revelations) but II is where they really got things going.

I don't know if I would buy a remastered AC1. A remake, sure, but a remaster not so much - though I'll probably cave in after a big price cut.

Edited by BillyHorrible

Boring to you, but not to me as I enjoyed playing through it. And no, I didn't collect the flags because I was so pulled by the story and the gameplay. You know, like how games use to have that effect on people before trophies came out? Some games still have that type of pull, but now its far few in-between.

hopefully they won't cut any songs from the radio stations x-D #bringbilliejeanbacktoharrypotter

nah just kidding.

Nah, this re-release apparently won't remove any content while at the same time asking for more money, I sure do wish more devs could take notice, huk huk.

Also, that's actually really funny, and I'm stealing it and putting it on the little bit above my picture with the words. I will deny you came up with it, and claim it entirely as my own. If you dispute this, I will sue you for defamation because this is 2016 and anyone can sue anyone for anything.

I should sue Rockstar for false advertising, as Ozzy's Crazy Train is listed as being in the game in the manual for the San Andreas PS4 release, but it's not actually in there, and I only bought the game for that song because I don't know what an MP3 / CD player is. Yup.