Assassin's Creed Ezio Collection: PS3 vs PS4 comparison

Finozzi1696

Someone needs to tell Warner Bros what a "classic game" is because the lego harry potter games are not "classics". The oldest one is only 6 years old. 

Since when did that ever bother anyone? Shitty games get re-released as 'Game of the Year'-editions, there's definitive and ultimate versions or complete collections while another sequel is already in the making - compared to that calling these two games classics seems like a minor offence.

I got LSW2 when it came out and spent forever with that game. To me, I'm half and half, on the one hand I love the simplicity that LSW offered in the day, on the other I like open worlds with cars and planes and flying and super powers and side missions and all the other cool shit that comes with the newer ones. Personally, unless it's got Spider-Man in it, I'm not particularly after open world / bigger Lego games, I'll enjoy them for what they are and all that, but I'd only come back to it if it was for Spidey, so in that respect, I guess I prefer the streamlined approach of the old school LSW games. As for voice acting, I don't really like how they handle that in the newer games, and I always thought the goofy mutes were cute and funny anyways.

Took me a second to figure out what you meant, I thought you said Revenge of The Sith and I'm like when did this happen?!!? but then I got it.

I played LSW1 and 2 when they first came out (on PC) and then played The Complete Saga (I forget if it was PC, PS3, or Wii) when it first came out. I think what got me replaying the Xbox 360 version on my Xbox One was how tedious they made TCS. The original games are fine but I think they just added too much padded content to TCS. The Bounty Hunter missions and the challenge blue canister missions were just pointless revisits of the same levels for the 3rd and 4th time, and they really made me question getting 100% (I always get 100% in LEGO games, even the very big LEGO City Undercover, although I have NOT achieved it in LEGO Dimensions yet). I finally pulled it off and now I never want to play TCS again. 

I like both "eras" of LEGO games myself, but don't have a preference for one over the other. I think it depends on the franchise property for me more than the actual amount of collectibles. I remember enjoying the Harry Potter games, which I stupidly played before watching the movies, but maybe that was part of the appeal. The only one that I remember being a pain to finish was LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean (and I'm not a huge fan of the franchise). It wore out its welcome quickly with me and I just finished it up to keep my LEGO game record going. :) I haven't played the PSP or DS LEGO games (and smartphone games are not real games in my book), but I've played or am in the process of playing all the rest (including the Vita versions). I still like them all, but I know I'll never buy a remastered Pirates of the Caribbean. I think TCS was fun for me the first time through but it just felt so tedious this time, and this is coming from a huge SW fan (shout out to SW Rebels, the best show on TV right now). 

The voice acting is fine for me for the most part. I do like the charm of the pre-voice era but most of the voiced games handle them well, especially the unique lines recorded for the games. The only place where it fails IMO is the "archive" dialog from movies and such, where the editing and difference in sound quality is jarring sometimes. LEGO City Undercover and Dimensions were great though, I loved the voice acting in those two, and I'm excited to see Undercover make a re-appearance in Dimensions (I hope it's a level or story pack and not just a team/fun pack).

Provided Dimensions doesn't go the same way as Disney infinity I think both Marvel and Star Wars are certainties to appear. I'm pretty sure the only reason they haven't already appeared in it is that Disney didn't want them in a rival toys to life game. With infinity kaput the obstacle is gone. Star trek is another matter as a rival toy company has the licence so that is pretty much a no go.

I think PlayStation has had exclusivity deals on the last couple of Lego games (character packs, first to get DLC) so this doesn't surprise me but the whole game? You think it'd have to be timed

Edit. Ninja'd

Well there is still an obstacle to SW being in Dimensions, called "Disney". They don't exactly like sharing. But hopefully with them no longer developing games, they will see the value in making a lucrative licensing deal to Warner Bros for SW content in LEGO Dimensions. I have to admit that I was not looking forward to Dimensions and the whole concept of gouging us with the add-on sets, but the game was put together so well that I look forward to seeing what they do with it next. It does still cost a fortune to fully enjoy it, even if you get the Starter Pack and additional sets on sale like I have, but it's arguably worth it for some of us at least. Also, my 2-year-old daughter loves playing with the minifigures and switching their hats/hair. You haven't truly lived until you've seen Aquaman with Wyldstyle's hair.  :awesome: 

Edited by MosesRockefeller

).

Well there is still an obstacle to SW being in Dimensions, called "Disney". They don't exactly like sharing. But hopefully with them no longer developing games, they will see the value in making a lucrative licensing deal to Warner Bros for SW content in LEGO Dimensions. I have to admit that I was not looking forward to Dimensions and the whole concept of gouging us with the add-on sets, but the game was put together so well that I look forward to seeing what they do with it next. It does still cost a fortune to fully enjoy it, even if you get the Starter Pack and additional sets on sale like I have, but it's arguably worth it for some of us at least. Also, my 2-year-old daughter loves playing with the minifigures and switching their hats/hair. You haven't truly lived until you've seen Aquaman with Wyldstyle's hair.  :awesome: 

Disney already licence their IPs for use by Lego. Both actual physical lego and for use by wb and tt games. They happily share when it comes to them making money. Dimensions up til now wasn't included purely because it was a direct competitor to infinity

People will bitch and complain about the abundance of remasters and ports the PS4 has been getting but I say bring them on. Plenty of new games being made plus the ability to replay some old favourites with trophy support is awesome. I understand the complaints to a degree but for the most part I dismiss them, more money for games companies means potentially more funding for newer games (even Capcom, can't wait to play Resident Evil 4 on the PS5 running native 4K in ten year's time! :P)

Edited by MeteorHawk

>remastered

>30 fps

I bought the Uncharted collection as I hadn't played 1 and 2 but mostly because they were in 1080p/60 fps. This is laughable. This isn't a remaster, it's a cheap copy with slightly better resolution. Buy the original games as a bundle for 5 bucks instead of wasting 50-60 on a shitty, slightly more polished version.

Disgusting cash grab but as we're talking about Ubisoft I'm not really surprised.