PlayStation 4 Pro Announced

Parker

What an absolute fucking joke this system is. Can't even push Rise of the Tomb Raider 60 fp/s without all the settings at max.

It's a console...not many 400$ PC can even do that. Now that is a joke. That's the problem with people, they want this and that all top quality but can't afford to pay for it. Would you be willing to pay for a high end console system for 600$? maybe, but majority here probably couldn't or wouldn't. 

Lol MS is shit talking Sony rn. 

''There will be an obvious difference'' between the PS4 Pro and Scorpio

http://www.polygon.com/2016/9/7/12841596/microsoft-xbox-scorpio-playstation-4-ps4-pro-more-powerful

How times change

Console Wars are still a thing omfg... that's really sad

Honestly, I rather just there be one console so everyone can play together but ya know never gonna happen

Just get the system you wanna play and play ? Who cares.

And the most funny thing about Xbox is there whole E3 they where like we have 500 games lined up!

So I grabbed some popcorn and sat down through the whole thing I was like where did the 500 games go?!?!?! 

Yea, Xbox can shoot out this $1000 system if they want but honestly I have not seen one game on xbox that has gone OMFG let me buy one... 

(Plus I made that Mistake with the wii) not gonna buy a system I'll never play for 1 game.

• Like 1

It's a console...not many 400$ PC can even do that. Now that is a joke. That's the problem with people, they want this and that all top quality but can't afford to pay for it. Would you be willing to pay for a high end console system for 600$? maybe, but majority here probably couldn't or wouldn't. 

Then what's really the point of this system? its not going to compete with the Scorpio. Do keep in mind that I actually don't like the mid cycle upgrade idea but if you're going to do it, do it right and so far Sony just half assed a system to keep that 400$ price tag going.

Console Wars are still a thing omfg... that's really sad

Honestly, I rather just there be one console so everyone can play together but ya know never gonna happen

Just get the system you wanna play and play ? Who cares.

And the most funny thing about Xbox is there whole E3 they where like we have 500 games lined up!

So I grabbed some popcorn and sat down through the whole thing I was like where did the 500 games go?!?!?! 

Yea, Xbox can shoot out this $1000 system if they want but honestly I have not seen one game on xbox that has gone OMFG let me buy one... 

(Plus I made that Mistake with the wii) not gonna buy a system I'll never play for 1 game.

I like how everyone changed their tune now the minute the tables are flipped. Scorpio will be better for multi platforms if it turns out to be more powerful.

Side note but one console would be awful for the industry in my humble opinion. Monopoly's on a business like this tend to go bad. Just look at Sony and how they mess up every time they dominate. They get complacent.

I like how everyone changed their tune now the minute the tables are flipped. Scorpio will be better for multi platforms if it turns out to be more powerful.

Side note but one console would be awful for the industry in my humble opinion. Monopoly's on a business like this tend to go bad. Just look at Sony and how they mess up every time they dominate. They get complacent.

I get this I just would want to play with all my friends not just the ones who buy a PS4

Check stores. It's called "Ultra High Definition". They think "4k" is confusing so they call it "Ultra HD". I've seen a few UHD blu-rays bundled with normal ones, which will be the standard now I guess.

Sony isn't getting my money again. Stores here in Canada want $500 for it, so no. I don't have a 4k HDTV either and don't want one, so pass.

You're partially right, they're actually called 4k Ultra HD (at least the ones I know). But that seems irrelevant now that Sony apparently has no interest in selling their own product :facepalm:

PS4 Pro sounds like an upgrade for me, Scorpio is more like MS has dropped the current gen and jumps ahead to next gen.

The Pro is never meant to compete with Scorpio. If the Scorpio it's that powerful, the price tag won't be cheap at launch and what stopping people from just getting a PC since almost all Xbox One exclusive titles are coming to PC sooner or later.

By the time it's released, the price of the PS4 Pro will drop even lower.

Other than that, I don't really need 4K gaming and the new design is ugly so I just stick with my MGSV PS4 for now. I will consider getting it maybe one year after launch if I need some more power (still 1080p though)

Edited by PliskinCobra

I have a working PS4 and no 4K television so thanks but no thanks. By the time I have a 4K television, there will probably be a newer version out again.

Not saying that they'll release a new version soon, just that it will take a while for me to get a 4K television unless my current television breaks.

You buy consoles primarily for their games catalog/selection/library, not performance. Performance is usually primary with upgraded versions of existing version one systems since its the same system with the game library you desire but with better performance. PS5 is completely unnecessary and will likely have an even worse start/time settling in than PS4 did. Yall do remember how bad PS4 was at launch right.............? Furthermore, PS5 is not needed at this time because Sony can still compete via their games. The Pro only compliments that fact. The Pro is a better decision overall, and we dont need Sony going bankrupt, again, either (via production of a ps4). Do yall also remember how that was and how long it lasted?

The Scorpio is Microsoft's attempt at stealing the spotlight from PS4, not an nonexistent or hypothetical unannounced PS5. Microsoft was desparate enough and had to go low enough to create a pseudo next gen, if not lowkey next gen, system to attempt gaining more consumers. Sony do not HAVE or NEED to retaliate with a next gen system also. Nintendo have done the samething (NX) Microsoft is doing now.

Id argue Sony would be stupid if they actually were not doing the Pro and kept such a single, standard model of the PS4. PS4 needs an enhancement. For many reasons, the Pro over PS5 is more favorable.

You do know you can simply put a new HDD in, right?

I don't know the specifics of this... Can I just add something like I could on the X360 or do I have to switch something internally?

I've got a 500GB PS4, occasionally it's a hassle but usually I have enough to delete whenever I want to install a new game.

I didn't watch the conference.

Won't the graphics still improve anyway regardless if you have a 4k TV or not?

It's not like the PS4 is just a graphical enhancement version of the original PS4, don't know why so many people look at it that way. There's some performance related mechanics in there to.

I'll give you a quick run down if you still haven't watched it.

"Here's the slim. Announcing PS4 pro. 4k, 4k, 4k, 4k, hdr, hdr, hdr, hdr, look at dem graphics, hdtv 1080p 60fps. 4k, hdr, November 10th, price, end"

If Sony's primary focus of the conference is 4k and hdr then that's the primary benefit to the pro. If you have a 4k, hdr tv already and/or you dont already have a ps4 I agree with you it's a great price for a bloody fantastic console. If not you are either paying £349 for marginal gains or spending £1000+ to upgrade your tv and get the full package

If the pro was announced at a £1000 price tag would you buy it?

Edited by Cleggworth

I don't know the specifics of this... Can I just add something like I could on the X360 or do I have to switch something internally?

I've got a 500GB PS4, occasionally it's a hassle but usually I have enough to delete whenever I want to install a new game.

Only internal hard drives work- which makes it a bit of a chore if you want to transfer data. I've not tried it yet with the PS4, but for the PS3 it was really easy (with the correct tool).

"Here's the slim. Announcing PS4 pro. 4k, 4k, 4k, 4k, hdr, hdr, hdr, hdr, look at dem graphics, hdtv 1080p 60fps. 4k, hdr, November 10th, price, end"

If Sony's primary focus of the conference is 4k and hdr then that's the primary benefit to the pro. If you have a 4k, hdr tv already and/or you dont already have a ps4 I agree with you it's a great price for a bloody fantastic console. If not you are either paying £349 for marginal gains or spending £1000+ to upgrade and get the full package

If the pro was announced at a £1000 price tag would you buy it?

Thats flawed. Theres still performance related upgrades, regardless of what the focus is. The focus was 4k and hdr because that will be the better part of the system's design. What logical sense would it be to focus on the system's inferior improvements?

The point is the PS4 Pro is objectively not just a visual enhancement. Parker already listed some simple short examples of this, which is what Ive been vaguely getting at. (However I do think the Slim will be a better choice for me.)

Thats flawed. Theres still performance related upgrades, regardless of what the focus is. The focus was 4k and hdr because that will be the better part of the system's design. What logical sense would it be to focus on the system's inferior improvements?

The point is the PS4 Pro is objectively not just a visual enhancement. Parker already listed some simple short examples of this, which is what Ive been vaguely getting at. (However I do think the Slim will be a better choice for me.)

You said it yourself. Inferior improvements. The improvements will be improved frame rates and 1080p neither of which is actually guaranteed. In my eyes that isn't £349 worth of improvement but if it is to you then go pro

You said it yourself. Inferior improvements. The improvements will be improved frame rates and 1080p neither of which is actually guaranteed. In my eyes that isn't £349 worth of improvement but if it is to you then go pro

Inferior as in and because work was more focused on graphics. The base perfomance is still going to be.. noticeably.. superior to base ps4's. Regardless if you have a 4k tv or not, PSPro gamers are going to have better.. consistent.. experiences than regular ps4 owners.

Buffering, load times, etc will all be faster and smoother on Pro. Its not just a PlayStation Graphic 4.

Only ¥44,980 when it's $899? I'd definitely import that from japan.

Yep, because no one in Japan would buy it anyway =D

How many games do you guys think I can fit into a ps4 with 1 TB. My ps3 is 150 GB and it's more than enough for me. I don't download videos, apps, pics, etc and I'll only be using it for gaming. Also I usually have only 12-15 games installed on my ps3 and i delete some games once im done with unless it's very good.

I have about 7 digital full games and the rest being discs however with an additional installation though in the game data utility.

Any replies are appreciated

Completely depends on your gaming choices.

I'm pretty sure I would be able to fit 100 or close to 100 games (not that PS4 has that many) on 1TB because I don't play AAA games.

If you, however, prefer AAA/big budget titles, their upgrades will obliterate your free space as updates are in 10s of GBs.

Additionally, if you buy them digital, you can actually go easily over 60-70GB for one game. 

If you prefer physical versions, which you probably do considering 150GB PS3 HDD, you should be able to be on 40-50 games easily.

What's funny about this announcement is I'm now less inclined to play PS4 games. Why even bother when I know that I'm getting an inferior experience without the PS4 Pro? I feel like I should focus on playing PS3/Vita games until I get a 4K TV and a Pro a few years down the line. I guess it's times like this I'm thankful for my backlog.  :P

PS4 has games? :awesome:

I wonder when they'll announce a Neptunia PS4 Pro. I'll buy 1 then. Otherwise, no reason to upgrade till then.

They can't. All games have to work on both consoles.

So am I getting it right that the PS4 Pro will be able to play, select, games in 4k and the new xbox won't be able to do that?

It's going to be pseudo 4K but yea, new Xbone (S) is not capable of that. Only Scorpio is.

LOOOOOOOOOL

SO 

MUCH

CORRECT! :D

Its not just a PlayStation Graphic 4.

But it is. According to the conference.

It IS literally PS 4 Graphics ver.

Completely depends on your gaming choices.

I'm pretty sure I would be able to fit 100 or close to 100 games (not that PS4 has that many) on 1TB because I don't play AAA games.

If you, however, prefer AAA/big budget titles, their upgrades will obliterate your free space as updates are in 10s of GBs.

Additionally, if you buy them digital, you can actually go easily over 60-70GB for one game. 

If you prefer physical versions, which you probably do considering 150GB PS3 HDD, you should be able to be on 40-50 games easily.

Physical would be the same. You still need to install physical games to the hard drive.

Edited by kuuhaku