Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered could be sold separately

A recent quote by David Pellas, director of Raven Studios, almost confirms that MW: Remastered will be sold separately

What we announced before today was that we were going to offer 10 maps on launch, and that’s still true. The announcement today is that the six remaining maps we are actually going to be delivering to anyone who purchases Modern Warfare Remastered, anyone who owns it or a version of Infinite Warfare that comes with it, they’re going to get all 16 of the maps for no additional cost

The bolded part heavily implies that it is going to be sold separately, so if MW: R was going to be your sole reason for buying IW, you may want to wait a bit.

Source

Edited by madbuk

It better be around £30, it's not even going to have 16 maps if you bought it standalone and not having infinite warfare. So anything more than £30 is just greedy af and stupid.

So if you buy it separate that means you'll need to pay for extra DLC? Has that been done with any other remasters yet? I don't want that to be a trend.

When the game launches with IW there will be 10 maps available. I believe they said they will have the remaining maps ready by December and will be releasing them for free. It doesn't matter if you get the game with IW or buy it as a stand alone, you'll have access to all 16 maps with your initial purchase. 

Parker

• Like 1

or a version of Infinite Warfare that comes with it,

Would there be any fuss over this had they just said this to begin with?

Instead of buying IW to get MWR, you buy MWR and get IW for free...

Edited by A12

When the game launches with IW there will be 10 maps available. I believe they said they will have the remaining maps ready by December and will be releasing them for free. It doesn't matter if you get the game with IW or buy it as a stand alone, you'll have access to all 16 maps with your initial purchase. 

Parker

Ah that's alright then I misunderstood. Activision did right by putting out the DLC for MUA for free when it wasn't initially included so glad they're doing the same here.

You're buying Modern Warfare Remastered for $60 and paying $20 for Infinite Warfare.  B)

you forgot the dlc's that typically cost about 15 (more and less)

if they follow the tradition will be about 3 or 4 dlc's ! now just do the math B)

Edited by Rose_Dark

I had a comment got deleted days ago explaining how this was a clear misconception - anyone who owns it or a version of Infinite Warfare that comes with it - with the first (red) part simply referencing people who own (-downloaded it-) the game FROM Infinite Warfare, as oppose to the second part's mentioning of merely having IW (any of the editions with COD4, not just any edition) just as is, but not having COD4 downloaded.

There has been an update confirming this misconception by Activision recently.

• 2 weeks later...