LOL (or "My playthrough of Datura")

starcrunch061

Someone points out the key point, Sony isn't the ones that picks them. BUT Sony does have a right to refuse, which they clearly didn't refute this title.

And I had few issues with this game being picked out, though I already owned it. It was a decent 1 hour fun IMO. :P

It was fairly enjoyable for just one of those "complete in a day/couple hours" kind of games. Definitely not something I'd pay money for, and it was certainly boring near the start, but it wasn't complete garbage for me at least.

I do agree that there's far too many indie/artsy games released on PS+ in recent times though, it seems like it's the majority of what we've been getting each month for about 2 years now. While there has been a couple of good indie titles, they seem few and far between. Even Xbox Live Gold's lineup of monthly games seems to have been more appealing this past year than PS+, in general. Releasing the Banner Saga 2 for free at the game's launch is something we sadly never seem to see from PS+ any more. I remember Resogun being free when it was released, I had some fun with that game.

This game is already a piece of shit once it involves on motion control crap when I have to move my controller where I hate of having to use my DS3 controllers where gioteck controller is by far better. The only good thing I have to say is the end where I get the chance to see my hot wafiu on the mirror, and the XMB theme sounds so amazing. Thank you easy ass trophies

This game is already a piece of shit once it involves on motion control crap when I have to move my controller where I hate of having to use my DS3 controllers where gioteck controller is by far better. The only good thing I have to say is the end where I get the chance to see my hot wafiu on the mirror, and the XMB theme sounds so amazing. Thank you easy ass trophies

Yeah - I just got to see Odin, with a bunch of flies.

I actually thought it wasn't a bad game. I got it way before it came out on PS+, but I thought it was decent enough for the 2 hours I played it. Gone Home was just plain boring to me personally.

I might have liked it better were it not for the control. But I do agree that it's better than Gone Home (again, if only for the fact that the stupid trophy for beating the game in a minute seemed so wonky).

Gone Home and Proteus are both extremely well made, thoughtful experiences.

Sorry, I'm struggling with this one. Gone Home wasn't a poorly made game. I didn't find it particularly thoughtful though. As a story based experience, it was entirely predictable, and largely tripe. It tried too hard to be an emotional experience, and that isn't how you create a good story. Life is Strange was a very emotional experience, and was a far more thoughtful experience.

Proteus? Well, sorry but it was pure crap. Pixels on a screen.

Datura was better than Proteus. I'm not sure I've played anything worse than Proteus, but I'm really not sure Proteus was even a game, so that may not be entirely fair.

I don't have any major issue with this game as a Plus freebie. I was entirely forgettable, but an easy enough 100%, and I don't feel it took too much time away from better experiences.

And what do you have against Transformers? (Ok, the Michael Bay movies are shit, but there is nothing inherently wrong with wanting to watch a movie, not a film. I can go to work if I want to be depressed by life angst, I don't need to watch someone try to make it compelling).

And what do you have against Transformers? (Ok, the Michael Bay movies are shit, but there is nothing inherently wrong with wanting to watch a movie, not a film. I can go to work if I want to be depressed by life angst, I don't need to watch someone try to make it compelling).

That was my point - I don't have anything agaisnt them, they are just not for me - my point was that not everything is for everybody.

Like film, games now has lots of genres and a types - there have always been the giant, dumb blockbuster games in the vein of Michael Bay wank, but now there are also a lot of small, thoughtful experiences to serve a different audience, and that is good for the industry as a whole

• Like 1

Well, i played through this almost blinded and had fun. My complains are really minor, only that there was noindication to use the right stick with the crowbar (spent half an hour trying to pry the door using only the sixaxis, then searched online and solved in 14 seconds), the pig car section (because for some reason, turning didn't reset, so i flipped my controller), the karma decisions not being as clear as they should (i would have liked aninfamous version with l2 for good and r2 for evil better) and how the "white" trees are grey and don't stand out as they could.

I rubbed too much the trees and i'm proud of that vegetal perversion (FYI, just touching and waiting still is enough to draw the map).

Well, i played through this almost blinded and had fun. My complains are really minor, only that there was noindication to use the right stick with the crowbar (spent half an hour trying to pry the door using only the sixaxis, then searched online and solved in 14 seconds), the pig car section (because for some reason, turning didn't reset, so i flipped my controller), the karma decisions not being as clear as they should (i would have liked aninfamous version with l2 for good and r2 for evil better) and how the "white" trees are grey and don't stand out as they could.

I rubbed too much the trees and i'm proud of that vegetal perversion (FYI, just touching and waiting still is enough to draw the map).

You're more forgiving than me. I too played blindly...until the crowbar. And like you, after half an hour, I had literally NO IDEA what I was doing, and looked online and finished in a minute or so.

As far as karma decisions go:

I never figured out if I was supposed to grab the white butterfly or black moth in the wormhole

but I worked towards pure evil, and given the number of flies at the end, I believe I succeeded.

Glad you liked it, though. I always find it sad when I waste time on a game.

• Like 1

Glad you liked it, though. I always find it sad when I waste time on a game.

Maybe your complaints was that made me more forgiving so it wasn't such an exercise in frustration to me as it was to you. If that is the case (can't tell because subconscious), thanks for the mental preparation, hahaha. xD

• 1 year later...