NX aka Nintendo switch revealed! (3rd party support revealed & backed by NVIDIA)

xZoneHunter

1 hour ago, SnowxSakura said:

I think the president of nintendo japan said they would be increasing the amount of systems available at launch after the first wave already sold out

True, they said they were increasing production. Not sure how much we're talking about though, nor which countries the additional systems will go to.

26 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Dear anyone who thinks the Nintendo Switch won't be weird and Japanese enough...

Apparently the mini-games from 1-2-Switch have been put on youtube. So, yeah.

The weirdest part about that game is how they're charging $50 for it. I mean it's a collection of shallow minigames that would get boring after about five minutes. It should have been bundled with the console like Wii Sports and Nintendo Land were. At least those were competent games.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

The weirdest part about that game is how they're charging $50 for it. I mean it's a collection of shallow minigames that would get boring after about five minutes. It should have been bundled with the console like Wii Sports and Nintendo Land were. At least those were competent games.

Yet nobody would have complained if they had made it a Wario Ware title...

On 1/10/2017 at 1:44 AM, Auralancer42 said:

I'm getting one. Usually I wait for the Zelda release before I grab a Nintendo console and this one's front loaded. 

In surprised there isn't much excitement on here, considering how much Vita love I see. This thing is an advancement of remote play. I can only hope Sony comes up with something similar or better. 

But will I play more than just a handful of games on the console? Like some few good or decent first party titles is not going to make me run out and buy one.

19 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Dear anyone who thinks the Nintendo Switch won't be weird and Japanese enough...

Apparently the mini-games from 1-2-Switch have been put on youtube. So, yeah.

I am already a putting screaming bambinos to bed master, so this is right up my alley. 

• 2 weeks later...

So, it looks like it's incredibly easy for the Joy-Con controllers to lose connection to the unit, so that's fun...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-02-24-concerns-for-nintendo-switch-joy-con-connectivity-after-reviewers-report-controller-issue

But hey, there's always that £60 Pro Controller you can buy separately which probably works, so it's all good. :P

4 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

snip

Forgot this thread existed as well.

According to a Nintendo Treehouse employee, it will be fixed in the day one update though.

I feel like we need to know exactly what's causing this before a full alarm, because many of the reviewers with those videos are attempting to have it disconnected. Is it just line of sight? Is it distance from the Switch? Is it empty batteries? All of those three created problems with the Wiimote as well.

Seems like people who sit at a reasonable distance from the television and Switch are not experiencing these problems. Nevertheless I'll test this out myself next week, already pre-ordered a pro controller though so only time I have to worry about this is during multiplayer at home.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I still disn´t find a conclusive answer to the only question that matters to me.

Will Nintendo Switch have a profile system with achievements/trophies or not?

This is really the only thing I care.

Have = buy

Not have = no buy.

1 minute ago, Rick_Nya said:

Well I still disn´t find a conclusive answer to the only question that matters to me.

Will Nintendo Switch have a profile system with achievements/trophies or not?

This is really the only thing I care.

Have = buy

Not have = no buy.

No it doesn't, and it's nice that way

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

No it doesn't, and it's nice that way

That´s what I think is a terrible mistake.

It only hurts the sales. No one would avoid buying a console because it doesn´t have a similar system to trophies/achievements.

On the other hand a whole lot of people won´t buy the Switch because it don´t have.

It´s way easier to just ignore the feature if you don´t like it.

But there´s no way around when you like it but the company refuses to adapt their consoles to the actual market.

26 minutes ago, Rick_Nya said:

That´s what I think is a terrible mistake.

It only hurts the sales. No one would avoid buying a console because it doesn´t have a similar system to trophies/achievements.

On the other hand a whole lot of people won´t buy the Switch because it don´t have.

It´s way easier to just ignore the feature if you don´t like it.

But there´s no way around when you like it but the company refuses to adapt their consoles to the actual market.

Consoles sold fine before they ever implemented those systems, they'll sell fine without them too

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Ninty has always been about their own in-game achievements. It makes sense they wouldn't change it to something global.

At this point, I think they're only avoiding implementing their own system out of stubbornness. The people want it, but I guess they have too much pride. They don't want to be seen copying the competition. That's a dumb move on their part. Their stubbornness has screwed them over in the past, yet they never learn. That's Nintendo for you. <_<

Edited by Undead Wolf

The Switch is a mess right now, but it is absolutely not worth $299 at all. I bought my PS4 Slim for $299, which is insanely better overall, and got 7 games (BF4/BF4/CoD AW/CoD BO3/NFS Rivals/TWD S1/Rocket League) for $80 in total thanks to the PS Store sales, while the gimmick of a game that is 1,2, Switch is a full $60 game when it is worth $10/15 and should have been included with the console. I was hyped for it, but in the end the only good thing about it is the concept of being portable af and a new Zelda game.

On 9.3.2017 at 6:51 PM, furryTay said:

The Switch is a mess right now, but it is absolutely not worth $299 at all. I bought my PS4 Slim for $299, which is insanely better overall, and got 7 games (BF4/BF4/CoD AW/CoD BO3/NFS Rivals/TWD S1/Rocket League) for $80 in total thanks to the PS Store sales, while the gimmick of a game that is 1,2, Switch is a full $60 game when it is worth $10/15 and should have been included with the console. I was hyped for it, but in the end the only good thing about it is the concept of being portable af and a new Zelda game.

Someone claimed they didn't do this so people wouldn't associate the console with this game - I think that is a convincing theory. Nevertheless it never should have been more than a 5$ download from what I have seen so far.

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Silent said:

Awesome! I used to play Mario kart with my cousins.. this would bring the old memories back..

The online is free for the first 6 months after release, and then it will be paid online like PS Plus and XBL Gold. Although the current rumor is that it'll only be 29.99 a year

19 minutes ago, Silent said:

It would be fun if this console can be play as multiplayer online

9 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

It can, with mario kart 8 deluxe and splatoon 2 coming out soon-ish

Also Fast RMX is already out and can be played online, basically it's the new F-Zero.

There's possibly more online games out already but I'm mostly only about single player and couch multiplayer so I wouldn't know. I wanna say Bomberman? I really don't know though.

• Like 1