NX aka Nintendo switch revealed! (3rd party support revealed & backed by NVIDIA)

xZoneHunter

18 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Are you still into Pokémon, by chance?

Of course. Pokemon is life, bruh! 7th gen was at first "oh god, what happened..." But, yeah, when I'm getting a 3DS again (because I'm only playing Pokemon it's easy to sell it...) I'm picking Sun or Moon. Would prefer Moon though, but my previous PokeBuddy left me, so, uhh, I'm going to pick the opposite edition of my new PokeBuddy. (Don't have one yet.) *shrugs*

Nintendo never had the most powerful console

I don't know... I still think the GameCube was the strongest in its generation.

Sure the XBox was stronger on paper, BUT, it was using 0815 PC hardware (an Intel Celeron eg), while the GameCube used custom made hardware and everything just fits together. Like... an iPhone. Most Androids are on the paper way stronger, but in benchmarks you always see an iPhone leading. Because it isn't just about GHz. You can also see that in benchmarks related to PC CPUs. AMD CPUs have up to 5GHz by default and they just can't compete with Intel CPUs, because it isn't about GHz. It's about the architecture and how the software is dealing with the ressources.

I'm not sure if you're sarcastic or not

It wasn't sarcastic, because...

On 20.1.2017 at 7:58 AM, BillyHorrible said:

I can name a few WiiU games I would have liked to play but I never got a WiiU because it was missing an open world Mario game (and a Zelda, and until last year a Star Fox, and an F-Zero, but mainly the Mario)

:P 

Edited by Neputyunu
  • Like 1

I've gotta say, it is refreshing to discuss this console and have disagreements while still being respectful, people on other sites I'm on could really learn a thing or two from people here. Thanks for the reply @BillyHorrible

Also, I was just imagining another Metroid Prime and 2D Metroid game as well as an F-Zero on the Switch. If Nintendo can bring those series back then I think the Switch will be much more successful than the Wii U. 

Parker

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Neputyunu said:

Of course. Pokemon is life, bruh! 7th gen was at first "oh god, what happened..." But, yeah, when I'm getting a 3DS again (because I'm only playing Pokemon it's easy to sell it...) I'm picking Sun or Moon. Would prefer Moon though, but my previous PokeBuddy left me, so, uhh, I'm going to pick the opposite edition of my new PokeBuddy. (Don't have one yet.) *shrugs*

Sure the XBox was stronger on paper, BUT, it was using 0815 PC hardware (an Intel Celeron eg), while the GameCube used custom made hardware and everything just fits together. Like... an iPhone. Most Androids are on the paper way stronger, but in benchmarks you always see an iPhone leading. Because it isn't just about GHz. You can also see that in benchmarks related to PC CPUs. AMD CPUs have up to 5GHz by default and they just can't compete with Intel CPUs, because it isn't about GHz. It's about the architecture and how the software is dealing with the ressources.

To add to that, the super nintendo was the most powerful of the 16 bit systems, and the N64 was the most powerful as well.  The gamecube was technically superior as its hardware could support 3D rendering with a liquid crystal display

Edited by SnowxSakura

Severely let down by the showing, hype deflated, pre-order cancelled, all that jazz. I really have no interest in anything they showed except for Zelda, and I'd be more than happy to just play it on Wii U and save myself $400 (I'd use a pro controller). Zelda aside, I would have guessed that Mario would have been the game to lock me in, but I really didn't like what I saw. It wasn't just the real-life stuff, the footage just looked generally unimpressive when you put it side by side with something like Galaxy. Throwing the hat and jumping off of it is just a double jump with an extra button press.

Oh well, no biggie. Still excited for Zelda - man that trailer was amazing. 

Interesting discussion.

My biggest problem with the Switch is not with the hardware or the software, but with Nintendo.

I honestly think that they are at a point where they are considering dropping out from this industry, for the first time at least. Not from financial woe, but for how long have users online noted that Nintendo isn't providing in one way or another. You can't say that they aren't listening or worried about it.

Purchases not tied to accounts, a lack of third party support, a lack of support for third party games, a lack of power for developers to work with, random architectural design working against developers, gimmicky controls, low storage, low resolution, a lack of games, reward system, general online service, bad advertising... I'll stop there, I'm not out for blood. 

This does add up. So if they are listening why don't they change it? Simple... salt. They are salty and it has shown in the past when people do what Nintendon't. Star Fox 2 and Donkey Kong Country are prime examples. That's particularly towards Miyamoto but still counts considering his place in the company. Ultimately Nintendo doesn't follow the trends because they didn't start them. They insist on being different in every way when they don't necessarily need to.

In the end, they will face the music with the Switch. Guaranteed. Between this, the launch of the 3DS and the Wii U, I personally think this is what will shape the future of Nintendo. I don't think they are doomed, I never have considering they have a large history in multiple fields. But I think this will determine their future as a video game company.

In my opinion, the Switch can succeed quite well, but I don't think Nintendo will let it succeed as it should. I honestly think they are the road block more than anything, and that's why their recent offerings have been less than adequate.

There is just something so wrong with the Nintendo network when compared to the other big names, Other than that I'm completely aware that Nintendo is big in Japan and probably don't care about the west enough to listen too much. I bought the Wii U on week one and ZombiU a week later with nothing but anticipation for a great future with 3rd party support, this didn't last after finishing ZU and I really never used it again too much except for NGC emulation. Apart from all the negative points people have about nintendo and the fact that their ads here in Australia are aimed at 5 year old girls, I have this tiny little speck of trust that this time they'll get it right and look forward to the new Zelda game. The gamer market has very much become the consumer market in the last decade with online games like COD, Nintendo really need to be aware of this and add some regular 2017 features like trophies to break the barrier between gamer and consumer. I know it's cool to hate these things but we do want 3rd party support right? Maybe it's just me but Skyrim isn't exactly a great example, GTA5 with all DLC would certainly be worth a go though memory restrictions could be a problem.

7 hours ago, Neputyunu said:

I started out on Pokémon back in the day with Gen2 because my nephews got it without understanding English at all... So they got stuck when they arrived at Sudowoodo, and asked me to help them.

I never really had a Pokébuddy these past years so I played the games by myself, missed most of the later ones. I would go for Moon simply because the Pokémon on the cover looks nicer to me but I would not buy a 3DS again, I'd rather hear about a full Pokémon RPG for the Switch.

4 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

To add to that, the super nintendo was the most powerful of the 16 bit systems, and the N64 was the most powerful as well.  The gamecube was technically superior as its hardware could support 3D rendering with a liquid crystal display

See, I have not enough knowledge of hardware myself to keep up with this discussion. I thought that the Mega Drive was more powerful than the SNES, listening to the Earthworm Jim soundtrack seemed to back that statement... I do know though that the N64 and Game Cube custom hardware always made it more difficult to program for than other systems (regardless of whether or not they were the most powerful on paper), which is why it is such a relief that developers are already saying how easy it is to write for the switch (now that it uses a regular programming language).

Well, than my previous point still stands that the WiiU has no Zelda games, since each game it had I could already play on previous systems. I know technically they had two Zelda games but they don't count since they're just HD remakes of the games I already had for the Game Cube. Breath Of The Wild does not count since I don't have a WiiU yet and can now just go straight to the Switch; if I had had a WiiU then I would gladly have played Breath Of The Wild on it and waited until Odyssey with switching to the Switch.

6 hours ago, Parker said:

I've gotta say, it is refreshing to discuss this console and have disagreements while still being respectful, people on other sites I'm on could really learn a thing or two from people here. Thanks for the reply @BillyHorrible

Also, I was just imagining another Metroid Prime and 2D Metroid game as well as an F-Zero on the Switch. If Nintendo can bring those series back then I think the Switch will be much more successful than the Wii U.

Yeah it's always good when a discussion can go on arguments, though I would say that many people on this forum are still pretty biased when it comes to non-Sony systems. Then again, Sony itself isn't even safe (how 'bout them PS+ threads...) so I don't know.

I also noticed I forgot to go in to two points you raised: the pro controller and that the Switch is a return to form for Nintendo. See, many people are saying that Nintendo should cater to the "hardcore" gamers more with more powerful hardware, online gaming and a trophy system, but people forget two things: one, as I said in my last post, we don't need a third party in the Sony/Microsoft comparison war but we do need Nintendo to do its own thing and two, Nintendo is already catering to a big group of people with the Switch: their old fans.

See, many people who always hadd Nintendo consoles stopped buying one either after the Game Cube or after the Wii. A big part of this is, like you said, the Wii and WiiU being completely built on a gimmick control style. Another big part is the lack of the classics: The Wii had one Zelda that could not be played on previous systems (two if we count the cross platform release of Twilight Princess) and the WiiU had zero. The Wii had one Metroid Prime game (and a remastered trilogy set) and the WiiU had zero. Neither had an open world Mario game, though the Wii had the Galaxy games. The Wii never had a Star Fox and the WiiU just got one towards the end. Neither had an F-Zero. Neither had a Yoshi's Island type game until Woolly World was released for the WiiU. Rare had stopped before the Game Cube arrived. The list goes on and on.

With the Switch, it seems like Nintendo is trying to appeal to their own fans. The move controls of the joy controllers were so downplayed that they had to emphasise during the big presentation that those move abilities actually existed (and were better this time around). For now, the move abilities of the controllers only seem to be used in party games, and not even all of them (Snipperclips at least uses them as normal controllers). A normal pro controller is available from the very start. Time will show if the game line-up will be better for the old guard but it definitely seems like NIntendo is going back to the roots with a new huge Zelda, an open world Mario, and a lot of longrunners already being in development - with a game by the Rare successors coming out within the first year!

Personally, I'm going to try playing with the regular double joy controller first (and screw whatever the actual name is, I'm going with "double joy"). The extra's I'll get right away are an extra double joy controller so things like Snipperclips and Mario Kart 8 can immediately be played with four people (my wife will play along with whatever she actually enjoys and I've got at least two friends who are Nintendo fans and half a dozen more who like couch co-op fests) and a 2TB memory card because I plan on downloading a lot of stuff (my N64 has broken down and I want to replace my library). All the other stuff like pro controllers, travel bags and the likes I will decide on once I actually have it (though a travel bag will certainly happen, I just want one with a fun print). I'm hoping that the regular double joy controller will be good enough and that a pro controller will not be necessary but I'll definitely try out a pro controller at the game store, so I can experience the difference for myself.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Personally, I'm going to try playing with the regular double joy controller first (and screw whatever the actual name is, I'm going with "double joy"). The extra's I'll get right away are an extra double joy controller so things like Snipperclips and Mario Kart 8 can immediately be played with four people (my wife will play along with whatever she actually enjoys and I've got at least two friends who are Nintendo fans and half a dozen more who like couch co-op fests) and a 2TB memory card because I plan on downloading a lot of stuff (my N64 has broken down and I want to replace my library). All the other stuff like pro controllers, travel bags and the likes I will decide on once I actually have it (though a travel bag will certainly happen, I just want one with a fun print). I'm hoping that the regular double joy controller will be good enough and that a pro controller will not be necessary but I'll definitely try out a pro controller at the game store, so I can experience the difference for myself.

Honestly that's gaming gold, Nintendo should go with Double Joy!

You know the Wii U/ZombiU Console package came with a pro controller? Yep it sure did, and it doesn't work on ZombiU :blink: If that's not genius I don't know what is,,,,,

I will get the pro controller the moment it's available, if there's one thing the switch seems to have that's different it's the pro controller should be compatible with everything except that weird ass looking duel game.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Z1MZUM said:

Honestly that's gaming gold, Nintendo should go with Double Joy!

You know the Wii U/ZombiU Console package came with a pro controller? Yep it sure did, and it doesn't work on ZombiU :blink: If that's not genius I don't know what is,,,,,

I will get the pro controller the moment it's available, if there's one thing the switch seems to have that's different it's the pro controller should be compatible with everything except that weird ass looking duel game.

I did not know a pro controller was available right away...

It really seems like the movement controls will only be used in stuff like 1, 2, Switch (which is the "duel game"), Mario Kart and other racers (they're going with wheels again so this is a safe bet), and probably also stuff like Mario Party. Other than that, it will probably be very limited. I will try to game with the double joy though, I've never bought a pro controller before and I don't really feel like starting now unless there's a big advantage in it for me - I first want to know how the regular controller feels and works before I decide whether or not it's good enough for me.

23 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Seriously though: all three of your points have to do with the same point that Nintendo made - they feel that part of the reason why the WiiU failed was that while there were good games coming out for it, those release dates were too far between. They want to continuously have big games coming out for the Switch, which can't be done if they release all of their high profile games at once. While the Switch sales will be less high at the beginning and more of a steady stream, this will also do wonders for the sales of individual games (Breath Of The Wild will probably be the fastest selling Zelda ever for that reason). This possibly also means more long-term Switch sales.

I feel like launching the Switch with that ideology in place, will end up hurting the Switch. That is not the type of ideology you need when you are releasing a new console. In fact you need the exact opposite ideology for the first 4-6 months. This is because of a strange phenomenon (that as far as I know has no name) that must happen for people to buy a new console. It's kind of hard to explain, but I will try to do so.

Basically when a new console is released, regardless of what the console can do, people will look for a X number of games that seem worth getting in order to justify getting the new console. For most of the people I've talked to about it that number is either 4, 5, or 6 games. What makes this phenomenon strange, is that the number of games needed will rise as the console gets older. Based on the person that number can get as high as 20 or 30 within the first year of the console lifespan. This phenomenon may seem untrue or unfair, but it does happen and I feel that is what killed to Wii U. Because I could name at least 30 really good Wii U games, but at this time in it's lifespan 30 games is nowhere enough for most people to justify buying a Wii U. For some proof of this phenomenon look at the PSVR release. They had around 30 "games/experience" ready at launch and from what I notice most people bought around 6 games + played all the VR Demo. Because those people found their X number in those 30 "games/experiences" they were able to justify buying a PSVR.     

As it stands right now most people are saying that the Switch is the "Breath Of The Wild machine" which is really bad. This means at launch the Switch will not have enough games to hit that X number for most people and as the months go by that X number will grow and because of that ideology steady stream the Switch could end up in the same place as the Wii U. 

This why I'm so frustrated with how Nintendo is handling the Switch's launch. I need at least 5 games at launch to justify buying a new console and within the first 3 months I can only see Breath Of The Wild falling into that 5 and as the months go by that number will rise and by the end of the year it could be as high as 20. Now if Nintendo had said that ports/remasters of games like games Bayonetta 2, Super Mario 3D World, Pokkén Tournament, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Hyrule Warriors, Splatoon ect.. would be ready at launch with X improvements, I feel that would make it a lot easily for people to justify buying the Switch because not only have some good games at launch, but they would also have a strong proof of concept for the what they want the Switch to be. Which as far as I can tell, they want it to be a family friendly go everywhere console that can retake the 6-15 year old market that is currently dominated by Tablet app games.

1 minute ago, BillyHorrible said:

I did not know a pro controller was available right away...

It really seems like the movement controls will only be used in stuff like 1, 2, Switch (which is the "duel game"), Mario Kart and other racers (they're going with wheels again so this is a safe bet), and probably also stuff like Mario Party. Other than that, it will probably be very limited. I will try to game with the double joy though, I've never bought a pro controller before and I don't really feel like starting now unless there's a big advantage in it for me - I first want to know how the regular controller feels and works before I decide whether or not it's good enough for me.

Yeah man, here's a quick copy paste steal " It is also packaged with the Wii U ZombiU bundle; along with the Wii U Pro Controller, the special ZombiU art book, a digital copy of Nintendo Land, and the contents of the Wii U Deluxe Set"

The Pro controller is fantastic on the Wii U and for some reason ideal for my hands. I'll say it straight up, The Xb1 controller and the Wii U pro controller are probably my favorite 2 controllers hands down. Oh I wonder, I wonder if in some insane way it's compatible? I have 2, both black and white. In any case catering for different gamers with different controllers is a plus point for any brand name.

11 minutes ago, soultaker655 said:

I feel like launching the Switch with that ideology in place, will end up hurting the Switch. That is not the type of ideology you need when you are releasing a new console. In fact you need the exact opposite ideology for the first 4-6 months. This is because of a strange phenomenon (that as far as I know has no name) that must happen for people to buy a new console. It's kind of hard to explain, but I will try to do so.

Basically when a new console is released, regardless of what the console can do, people will look for a X number of games that seem worth getting in order to justify getting the new console. For most of the people I've talked to about it that number is either 4, 5, or 6 games. What makes this phenomenon strange, is that the number of games needed will rise as the console gets older. Based on the person that number can get as high as 20 or 30 within the first year of the console lifespan. This phenomenon may seem untrue or unfair, but it does happen and I feel that is what killed to Wii U. Because I could name at least 30 really good Wii U games, but at this time in it's lifespan 30 games is nowhere enough for most people to justify buying a Wii U. For some proof of this phenomenon look at the PSVR release. They had around 30 "games/experience" ready at launch and from what I notice most people bought around 6 games + played all the VR Demo. Because those people found their X number in those 30 "games/experiences" they were able to justify buying a PSVR.     

As it stands right now most people are saying that the Switch is the "Breath Of The Wild machine" which is really bad. This means at launch the Switch will not have enough games to hit that X number for most people and as the months go by that X number will grow and because of that ideology steady stream the Switch could end up in the same place as the Wii U. 

This why I'm so frustrated with how Nintendo is handling the Switch's launch. I need at least 5 games at launch to justify buying a new console and within the first 3 months I can only see Breath Of The Wild falling into that 5 and as the months go by that number will rise and by the end of the year it could be as high as 20. Now if Nintendo had said that ports/remasters of games like games Bayonetta 2, Super Mario 3D World, Pokkén Tournament, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Hyrule Warriors, Splatoon ect.. would be ready at launch with X improvements, I feel that would make it a lot easily for people to justify buying the Switch because not only have some good games at launch, but they would also have a strong proof of concept for the what they want the Switch to be. Which as far as I can tell, they want it to be a family friendly go everywhere console that can retake the 6-15 year old market that is currently dominated by Tablet app games.

What Nintendo has said though was that they don't mind if not everybody gets the Switch right away. They're not going for many gamers right away but for steadily building on their userbase. Those who feel like getting it right away for Zelda can do so, those who feel like waiting for more games can do so, is what they said. They'd rather have new people continuing to find a reason to get the Switch than having the main fanbase buy the new console and then nobody after that.

9 minutes ago, Z1MZUM said:

Yeah man, here's a quick copy paste steal " It is also packaged with the Wii U ZombiU bundle; along with the Wii U Pro Controller, the special ZombiU art book, a digital copy of Nintendo Land, and the contents of the Wii U Deluxe Set"

The Pro controller is fantastic on the Wii U and for some reason ideal for my hands. I'll say it straight up, The Xb1 controller and the Wii U pro controller are probably my favorite 2 controllers hands down. Oh I wonder, I wonder if in some insane way it's compatible? I have 2, both black and white. In any case catering for different gamers with different controllers is a plus point for any brand name.

Probably won't be compatible.

I never had problems with even the N64 controller, so I'll probably like the regular Switch controller just fine. The only controls I really have a problem with is the Vita, I can't really play that for long (this is mostly when trying to play PS4 games but it pops up in native Vita games as well).

1 minute ago, Eyjabria said:

Nintendo eShop purchases are tied to your Nintendo Network ID and they keep a list of all your transactions. 

That may be true now, but this is an issue that existed for the Wii, DSi and 3DS, before the Wii U cleaned that up. That list wasn't necessarily an issue regarding the state of the Switch so much that this was an issue that was rampant for about 7 years that the Playstation 3 and even before that, the 9 years of the Xbox 360 had on them. They could've streamlined this much earlier.

16 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Wait, there really is at least one person who has a Vita without having a PS3 and/or PS4?

Yea, he only has Vita, but Japanese account so... that is all what you need xD

16 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

kind of goes straight towards proving the other point, that the Vita is only successful among Japanesr and Japanophiles :)

Anyone claims otherwise, lol? =D

A trio of puzzle games (World Of Goo, Little Inferno, Human Resource Machine) have been confirmed as being launch games for the Switch. Personally I only know World Of Goo but I thought that one was amazing and I will definitely get it again.

Seriously, if you have never played World Of Goo, get it right away on Switch. If you're not getting a Switch, then get it for your computer.

For those counting, that's 10 launch games for the Switch now - 7 retail and 3 digital only.

Of the 7 retail games, 3 (1 2 Switch, Zelda, Bomberman) are entirely new, 3 (Skylanders, Just Dance, Setsuna) have released in the past year for PS4 (amongst others), and 1 (Isaac) is older, but releases as retail for the first time and with a new expansion which has not come out yet for the PS4/X1 versions.

Of the 3 digital games, all are console exclusives for Nintendo with one (Goo) having been released for the Wii and the other two for the WiiU so it's probably new to many.

17 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

I feel like one of the main reasons the Wii U failed was because of the terrible marketing and nearly non-existent advertising on tv. I don't think I ever saw a single commercial for it.

Also, many gamers did not want the game pad forced on them and many developers did not know what to do with it. Nintendo themselves didn't even know how to advertise the thing.

15 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Yea, he only has Vita, but Japanese account so... that is all what you need xD

Anyone claims otherwise, lol? =D

No, nobody claimed otherwise, but I did claim that nobody owns only a Vita instead of a Vita plus PS3/PS4. I feel like it doesn't count if the persion in question is Japanese or a Japanophile :)

Edited by BillyHorrible

11 hours ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

Surprised no one mentioned this yet, but the current EU preorder numbers for the Nintendo Switch have surpassed 2013 EU preorders for the PS4

Brexit. 

Honestly though, if that is true then that it pretty fucking awesome. I'm a Nintendo fan and I want the Switch to be successful, but part of me thinks that people know how bad Nintendo are with releases and a lot of those pre-orders were made with the intention of selling them at a profit. 

Parker

10 minutes ago, Parker said:

Brexit. 

Honestly though, if that is true then that it pretty fucking awesome. I'm a Nintendo fan and I want the Switch to be successful, but part of me thinks that people know how bad Nintendo are with releases and a lot of those pre-orders were made with the intention of selling them at a profit. 

Parker

Not sure what Brexit has to do with this...

Sources for pre-order numbers:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/01/15/gamestop-sells-out-of-nintendo-switch-pre-orders

http://enthusiast.gg/9210/swedish-retailer-switch-preorders-have-surpassed-ps4-preorders

http://wwg.com/2017/01/21/nintendo-switch-sells-out-everywhere-in-japan-pre-order-lines-st/

http://wwg.com/2017/01/23/walmart-will-officially-close-off-nintendo-switch-pre-orders-tom/

5 minutes ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

'Twas a joke, my friend. 

Thanks for the links, it seems the Swedish retailer is the only one that mentions Switch surpassing PS4 pre-orders. Again though, I really hope the Switch does very well and brings back third party support for Nintendo. It seems every console release sells out of pre-orders though, so that is nothing new. 

Parker

On 24.1.2017 at 9:15 AM, BillyHorrible said:

I never really had a Pokébuddy these past years so I played the games by myself, missed most of the later ones.

I hope they are doing somewhen a remake of 4th gen (Diamond / Pearl / Platinum) too. Sinnoh was a nice region. Pokemon there were nice too.

And then they should skip 5th gen (Black / White) :P ...Because... EVERYTHING in this generation sucks. The region (It's placed around New York).

unova.png

The graphics. The music. The Pokemon... It's the only generation I really don't like...

Well, okay, the story was interesting... Yes, Black / White had a story... The evil team was something like PETA and wanted to free all the Pokemon out of "slavery"... xD 

But it was just a... uhm... camouflage. They had other plans with that. Also you had two rivals there and the second one was a prince or something iirc, that got raised and abused by the evil team without him knowing. And when he is battling you he's only using Pokemon that you can find in the grass around your current location, because he's catching them shortly before he's is fighting you and is setting them free again afterwards. Also he has a pure heart, and so he can contact Zekrom or Reshiram, depends on the edition you are playing, which is what "PETA" wanted to abuse.

On 24.1.2017 at 3:47 PM, Eyjabria said:

Nintendo eShop purchases are tied to your Nintendo Network ID and they keep a list of all your transactions. 

But your ID is bound to the console it got used on... Otherwise I wouldn't have had sold my Pokemon Bank with >500/722 Pokemon when I needed money...

But, that was in my case just a dumb situation... I downloaded all my Mons to the game, because I don't want to give away my ID-details.

And I needed the money, so I sold the game too... meh...

On 25.1.2017 at 4:58 PM, Satoshi Ookami said:

So, Nep answered correctly :D

Yaaaay!! I did something correctly!! Praise and headpat me, Onii-chan!! \(^o^)/

Edited by Neputyunu

1 hour ago, Neputyunu said:

But your ID is bound to the console it got used on... Otherwise I wouldn't have had sold my Pokemon Bank with >500/722 Pokemon when I needed money...

But, that was in my case just a dumb situation... I downloaded all my Mons to the game, because I don't want to give away my ID-details.

And I needed the money, so I sold the game too... meh...

Oh? I've used the same NNID on two 3DSs (made a system transfer to another one) and on Wii U. So far haven't had any issues. Not sure what would happen if a console broke down though as I assume digital purchases are usually for one(?) license on one(?) machine (except Smash Bros cross-buy DLC for example which you can use on both platforms).
But it's similar on PSN Store, you have a limited amount of software licenses and you can use them on a limited amount of consoles at the same time.