Ultimate Weapons Bundle DLC 1.99$ ? WTF ?

MaeZero

Thanks for mentioning this! I just finished getting it. Quick question though, how much of a difference does these ultimate weapons do?

The Ultimate weapons are great in the beginning, but they become less useful as you progress as while nothing exceeds their strength, the weapons you should have at farther points of the game get closer and closer to the STR stat of the Ultimate weapons, and unlike the PS3 games where there was still enough difference to leave them at least worth having in the end, they end up not doing much in the late game here.

If you REALLY wanna break the game, get the Bloodthirsty Rosary from Armor Pack A and preferably Umio as well. While it drops your defense to 0, you become so terribly overpowered that once you get to the second arc, it barely even matters, not to mention that by then, you'll be able to take a couple of hits without dying even with your nonexistant defense on account of your HP value.

If you get Umio, not only will he act as an extra party member at all times to make things even easier during the several parts of the game where you have a small party, but in the G arc, he gets transferred between the substories. This ends up being a really useful way to transfer funds in NG+ by just buying a bunch of equipment for him in the first arc and then selling it in the Noire, Blanc, and Vert substories for oodles of money to get around the issue of Z Arc money only transferring to Neptune's sub-story.

Edited by Asuna Kagurazaka
  • Like 1

The Ultimate weapons are great in the beginning, but they become less useful as you progress as while nothing exceeds their strength, the weapons you should have at farther points of the game get closer and closer to the STR stat of the Ultimate weapons, and unlike the PS3 games where there was still enough difference to leave them at least worth having in the end, they end up not doing much in the late game here.

If you REALLY wanna break the game, get the Bloodthirsty Rosary from Armor Pack A and preferably Umio as well. While it drops your defense to 0, you become so terribly overpowered that once you get to the second arc, it barely even matters, not to mention that by then, you'll be able to take a couple of hits without dying even with your nonexistant defense on account of your HP value.

If you get Umio, not only will he act as an extra party member at all times to make things even easier during the several parts of the game where you have a small party, but in the G arc, he gets transferred between the substories. This ends up being a really useful way to transfer funds in NG+ by just buying a bunch of equipment for him in the first arc and then selling it in the Noire, Blanc, and Vert substories for oodles of money to get around the issue of Z Arc money only transferring to Neptune's sub-story.

Thanks for this! Just bought the armor pack to get the rosary. Since this will be the first JRPG I've ever played, I want to go in making it as easy as possible. I don't know when I will get around to playing it but it's always nice to have these in my back pocket when the time comes. Thanks again! 

Not much. The game is perfectly doable without them.

Thanks for the reply. I'll take any slight advantage I can get.

Edited by - Cammy -

Thanks for this! Just bought the armor pack to get the rosary. Since this will be the first JRPG I've ever played, I want to go in making it as easy as possible. I don't know when I will get around to playing it but it's always nice to have these in my back pocket when the time comes. Thanks again! 

If it's your first JRPG, I don't think making the game as easy as possible is the best way to enjoy it. I mean you essentially remove the need to learn any of mechanics and strategies when you can defeat anything by spamming attack. There's no reason to grind, or upgrade equipment, learn new skills, etc. You pretty much just take out what's fun about JRPGs.

But hey, who am I to tell you how to enjoy your game? Just don't be surprised if you find it boring.

If it's your first JRPG, I don't think making the game as easy as possible is the best way to enjoy it. I mean you essentially remove the need to learn any of mechanics and strategies when you can defeat anything by spamming attack. There's no reason to grind, or upgrade equipment, learn new skills, etc. You pretty much just take out what's fun about JRPGs.

But hey, who am I to tell you how to enjoy your game? Just don't be surprised if you find it boring.

I see your point. The Rosary and ultimate weapons will be mostly there to act as 'safeguards' in case I reach any part that I am finding way too hard. Since it will more than likely be the first JRPG I will be trying, I do want to fully see what the genre has to offer and see if I may be interested in these types of games in the future. But at the same time I do want something there just in case I end up being pretty terrible at the game. It's a little hard knowing how I will manage with the game considering the fact I've never played a game remotely like it. So I'm just playing it safe and having a few 'advantages' in my inventory in case a problem arises.