Let's Platinum... World of Final Fantasy

Oh! I'll be back after I finish Pokemon Sun. Planning to get this on vita.

Why don't you get this while waiting for Pokemon Sun? You've still got about twenty days before it drops. ^_^

I added everyone who asked to join and put them on the proper lists. In Chapter 13 now and stuck trying to open the red doors so I can get to the save points. It's after a certain point...

Where you get your Mirages taken away and Squall helps you accrue some Magitek Armor. Now welded firmly to two Suits of the stuff to get the trophy for winning many battles in Magitek Armor, but the red doors in Mako Reactor 0 are ticking me off. x(

Edited by DetectiveCJ

Anyone know if the Vita version is English or Japanese...the DLC has both Voice packs in the download list. Not playing it till I get the magicek armor from the demo.

Heard the PS4 was Japanese Voice...need to download English. Vita was English but need to download Japanese.

Also...when do the preorder bonuses come into play? Right from the start?

Edited by Kishnabe

I'm still waiting on Amazon to deliver mine

Pre-ordered it a week in advance

And as of this evening it still hasn't even been dispatched

They're "preparing it"

Well fuck that, I'm not ordering off them again

They say it should be here by Thursday despite delivery saying it'd come on release date

Classic Amazon. 

Though, I'm surprised they haven't shipped it even though you are GB citizen.

Anyone know if the Vita version is English or Japanese...the DLC has both Voice packs in the download list. Not playing it till I get the magicek armor from the demo.

Heard the PS4 was Japanese Voice...need to download English. Vita was English but need to download Japanese.

Afaik both are English.

On PS4, proper voices are part of patch and on Vita, it's a normal DLC.

• Like 1

The game should be default English VOs, and i don't think you can download anything from the demo like in Pokemon Sun and Moon; but then again, I didn't play the demo. The Magitek Armor isn't available until Chapter 14, when something happens and you meet Squall.

EDIT: I didn't check the Adventure Log, it's a little later.

Edited by DetectiveCJ
  • Like 1

Please, the vita is....well the vita. That should be more then enough evidence to prove the PS4 version is truly the best place to play WoFF.

You are correct, sir! Do not let these virtual people of the (gaming) book turn you from the truth.

Anyway, sign me up as well. I won't have this until the end of November, but should have ample time then.

Sign me up please - I picked up the game today, traded in wwe 2k17 on PS3 for £25 andanaged to get the Vita version on world of final fantasy for £24.99 from Argos so I was rather chuffed. Can't wait to play it alongside everyone :)

Sign me up please, I've already started the game :D

You are correct, sir! Do not let these virtual people of the (gaming) book turn you from the truth.

Anyway, sign me up as well. I won't have this until the end of November, but should have ample time then.

You're all added. Welcome to the thread!

Just started Chapter 20.

Got my first Game Over vs. Brandelis - he does too much damage and dispels all your buffs. Maybe need to grind to Level 60 to survive.

• Like 1

Why don't you get this while waiting for Pokemon Sun? You've still got about twenty days before it drops. ^_^

I added everyone who asked to join and put them on the proper lists. In Chapter 13 now and stuck trying to open the red doors so I can get to the save points. It's after a certain point...

Where you get your Mirages taken away and Squall helps you accrue some Magitek Armor. Now welded firmly to two Suits of the stuff to get the trophy for winning many battles in Magitek Armor, but the red doors in Mako Reactor 0 are ticking me off. x(

Too many events right now. I don't want to start it and not finish as its less likely I'll go back if I do.

Anyone have any thoughts on missable trophies. Are there any / things to watch out for

No idea, I haven't run into a problem.

Also... found out what the Magitek Knight trophy was REALLY ABOUT:

Sandstalker ( Magitek Armor ) - Beat the game 10 times to get this achievement doesn't matter how many enemies you kill with terra.

Whack-A-Cactaur ( Zip Zip Whack! ) - The first time you play this minigame the goal is to hit the conductor once so don't worry about the achievement then. But when you replay it you need to score 5000+ points to get this achievement. This one can be a bit hard due to the random nature of the cactaurs that spawn but stay determined.

Yeah, Magitek Knight is actually referring to a minigame trophy. That really grinds my gears. I wish the trophy descriptions had a little blurb saying "Oh BTW, don't bother leveling up two Magitek Armors, the trophy for killing many enemies in Magitek Armor is actually referring to a mini-game involving Terra which unlocks after a later Intervention Quest!"

:angry: (Would put a troll meme on here but I don't want to violate terms of service.)

Good news: I can dismiss that extra Searcher and Magitek Armor I had used for the Midgar section and get some real decent Large Mirages up to snuff.

• Like 1

Reached Chapter 5 and I've caught everything available right now aside from the Red Captain Goblin thingie.

I love the stacking mechanic, it's so damn cute. This was a great impulse buy.

Anyone have any thoughts on missable trophies. Are there any / things to watch out for

Looking at the Prima guide that I also impulse bought, there doesn't appear to be much in the way of completely missible things. I guess the major one to watch for would be opening every treasure chest. I would assume some sidequests are missible though so keep a track of those.

• Like 1

Started the game yesterday and played til chapter 2. I'm still not a big fan of the chibi look of human characters (but of course I knew about that beforehand), but I love the models of all the FF monsters! Can't wait to see more of them! And the gameplay with catching and stacking... I love it! The whole beginning/ tutorial part of the game was pretty slow and I'm a bit disappointed about how the beginning of the story is handled...

I generally hate these "We know about about nothing, but sure, let's start adventuring" approaches into a story

...but knowing that this is still a FF game, I expect that the story will get much more depth.

tl;dr: Beginning sequence was slow and a bit boring, but gameplay and monsters keep me going! :)

I guess the major one to watch for would be opening every treasure chest. 

That one is going to be such a pain. I'm hoping that after you beat the game, it'll give you a count of how many you have in an area, X/XX. They don't mark opened ones on the map like FFXIII did, so this will be a pain if you're not keeping track and making sure to explore every nook and cranny.