Don't be fooled

Rebourne07

Don't think this is an easy platinum just because the list doesn't look too bad. "Becomes the Master" is absolute gut wrenching, writhing in pain, god awful torment. It's not worth it. Don't put yourself through it.

Awesome. Sounds like it is right up my alley.  Off topic: Nice trophy cabinet man.

Edited by skateak
  • Like 2

Don't think this is an easy platinum just because the list doesn't look too bad. "Becomes the Master" is absolute gut wrenching, writhing in pain, god awful torment. It's not worth it. Don't put yourself through it.

I can do it for you! (via share play) I did this trophy for my brother, and for me. Pretty easy if you know the best way. My advice is: use Arc grenades and shotgun.. ...VERY important: practice.. a LOT!

Edited by SectionHUN
  • Like 1

I can do it for you! (via share play) I did this trophy for my brother, and for me. Pretty easy if you know the best way. My advice is: use Arc grenades and shotgun.. ...VERY important: practice.. a LOT!

The EPG is a good gun to use too. If you know where to find it. It's hidden above the firing range, on the outer wall. Has great spread damage and can take out the groups, just like the arc grenades. 

The EPG is a good gun to use too. If you know where to find it. It's hidden above the firing range, on the outer wall. Has great spread damage and can take out the groups, just like the arc grenades. 

I found the EPG, but i did the trophy with only the Shotgun and Arc grenade combo.

• Like 1

Yeah, this trophy is very difficult. Especially for an older gamer like me. My reflexes aren't as good as they used to be. Ha ha. Best I can manage so far is 40 seconds.

Edit: I finally got the trophy! Took a couple of hours, but I managed a 33.60! Glad to have that complete!

Edited by Skylar-Dad
  • Like 3

It was indeed tough at first. Took me about 40 mins and I ended up using a different method on the last part to succeed. I barely made the time but I went threw it again to see if I could use the same method but clean up some of the mistakes I made in the beginning and I got a better time(33:10 first time, 30:20 second time). Its definitely going to be a road block for some but persistence is the key.

• 2 weeks later...

My roommate couldn't do it last night so he asked me and I did it after a few minutes. Then did it on my account a few hours and even did it a couple of times to show my friend how to do it. 

I personally find these sort of challenges to be really fun. So I enjoyed the nature of this trophy. Didn't find it difficult either. 

Ok, it is incredibly challenging to get this trophy, it took me nearly 5 hours in total due to my last jump to the finish always ticking over the 34s mark.

BTW: Has anyone noticed that the timer always round up to the nearest .5s? eg if you went over the line at 33.76 the end time shows 33.80... WTF!

Edited by Stevieboy
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It's definitely one of those cases when you say "I won't deal with this shit, it's broken, argh, argh, argh...", but then you practice alot and beat it easily. It's the same sensation I had with parkour DLC trophies in Dying Light, but then I've learnt my lesson and blitzed through them. And mind you - I truly suck at FPS's, so it's really doable.

I agree ... I'm terrible at FPS games and initially thought it was impossible. But I kept at it, took regular breaks and watched some gameplay videos taking away the bits that worked well for me.

imo it shouldn't be a bronze trophy ... the difficulty and frustration warrants at least a silver! Anyway, nothing more satisfying than the feeling of finally obtaining an elusive trophy. It also makes the :platinum: platinum that much more rewarding.

• Like 2

took me over 5 hours to get but i'm not very good at this stuff don't play Cod or battlefield hell the last shooter esque game i played was metal gear solid v and garden warfare lol but i thought titanfall 2 was a break from the typical shooter so i gave it a try, anyway this trophy was very hard for me took a long time and a lot of practicing and failing, can't even believe people got it in under an hour

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/7/2016 at 4:35 PM, Rebourne07 said:

Just stick with it, repeatedly attempting it without breaks helps since you increase your muscle memory (just like with Super Meat Boy, Mirror's Edge time trials, The Witness' secret trophy/puzzle). I've never played either Titanfall game and I was passing time in the tutorial mode while waiting for the rest of the game to install. I got this within two hours. When I first attempted it? I thought it was impossible, that I'd never do it... and then I did in two hours. :) If I can do it I know anyone else can, and sooner than expected!

• Like 2