A Casual Attack on Your Backlog

I'd love to join this event but I'm sorry I'm late as I've only just seen this?

I'm choosing:

Dead Rising 4 (Xbox One) - Goal: Story Complete

Current - 0%

Just Cause 3 (Xbox One) - Goal: 100% of Achievements

Current - 8%

Assassins Creed Syndicate (PS4) - Goal: Platinum

Current - 0%

Borderlands 2 (PS4) - Goal: Story Complete

Current - 17%

11 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

I always exit games properly, ever since a shutdown during my Xth death in Arkham Asylum corrupted the save :)

There's a lot of chatter online about this "game installing" problem in Bloodborne, unfortunately. Better not remmove it again until I complete it.

http://www.gamepur.com/guide/18424-how-fix-ps4-bloodborne-game-install-incomplete-cannot-load-save-data-error.html

ah, hmm... I personally never experienced any of that, but I got the GotY version.

2 hours ago, MMDE said:

http://www.gamepur.com/guide/18424-how-fix-ps4-bloodborne-game-install-incomplete-cannot-load-save-data-error.html

ah, hmm... I personally never experienced any of that, but I got the GotY version.

I tried damn near everything and nothing's working. I start a new game, go to the first lantern and into the Dream, auto-save, quit and still an error when I try to load.

Last resort - I deleted the game and uploaded my save data to online storage. Reinstalling the game now and afterwards I'll download my save data again, see if that works.

If nothing works then I'm afraid I'm going to have to give up on Bloodborne. I do not have enough patience to put myself through those first six hours once more, at least not now. I'd rather get rid of the game if I have to start from scratch, I might try again in a few years or so but not right now. I have too many games yet to do and I can't cope with such a time consuming game if it can just randomly decide not to accept my save files.

Alrighty, since I never participated in any event like this, here goes nothing:

1) Ratchet & Clank All4One | Platinum | deleted my save

2) Sims 3 | Platinum | Ps3 corrupted my save

3) Split/Second | Platinum |deleted my save, never played online

4) Kingdoms of Amalur | Platinum | Need a playthrough on hard, trolls feel like Dark Souls

5) Midnight Club LA | Offline trophies |deleted my save

6)Ace Combat Assault Horizon | Playthrough and misc trophies

Since I cant read and somehow didnt read the rules here goes 7) RE5 PS3 | Platinum and maybe some DLC trophies | deleted my save iirc

Season 1 Goals:

Finished! 

Achieved:

Rainbow Six Siege (100%) - Platinum

Disney Infinity 3.0 (84%) - Platinum

Day of the Tentacle Remastered (100%) - Platinum

The Deadly Tower of Monsters (100%) - Platinum

Madden 11 (100%) - Platinum 

Demons Souls (100%) - Platinum

Edited by cferguson9595
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

I tried damn near everything and nothing's working. I start a new game, go to the first lantern and into the Dream, auto-save, quit and still an error when I try to load.

Last resort - I deleted the game and uploaded my save data to online storage. Reinstalling the game now and afterwards I'll download my save data again, see if that works.

If nothing works then I'm afraid I'm going to have to give up on Bloodborne. I do not have enough patience to put myself through those first six hours once more, at least not now. I'd rather get rid of the game if I have to start from scratch, I might try again in a few years or so but not right now. I have too many games yet to do and I can't cope with such a time consuming game if it can just randomly decide not to accept my save files.

aww, well, doing it the second time around is much easier and faster. :P It's more of the initial struggle, now you know what to do. I think you'd be surprised by how much easier it is the second time around. People speed run the game in like 20 minutes to an hour and stuff. ;p

Edited by MMDE

8 minutes ago, MMDE said:

aww, well, doing it the second time around is much easier and faster. :P It's more of the initial struggle, now you know what to do. I think you'd be surprised by how much easier it is the second time around. People speed run the game in like 20 minutes to an hour and stuff. ;p

I have no doubt that I can get through the game just fine, I have a feeling for the game now and I know I can just grind like crazy to up my stats. I can't hanfle the fear of losing my progress again though so if this last tactic does not work then I'll trade the game for something else and I'll try again next year or the year after that with the GOTY.

14 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

I have no doubt that I can get through the game just fine, I have a feeling for the game now and I know I can just grind like crazy to up my stats. I can't hanfle the fear of losing my progress again though so if this last tactic does not work then I'll trade the game for something else and I'll try again next year or the year after that with the GOTY.

You could also just make sure you keep a backup save, take a backups (to PC) at different points in the game. Helps to avoid any missable too, makes it easier to go back if you ever want to try for something specific. That way you don't need to worry about losing any progress!

Edited by MMDE

Since I finally got the plat for Monster Monpice, I guess it's time for an update.

• Borderlands - 1 character level
  • The Escapists: The Walking Dead - Plat
  • Monster Monpiece - Plat
  • Risen 3 Enhanced Edition - Plat
  • Crysis  - Plat
  • Lost Dimension - Finish Story (again)

Monster Monpiece:

At it's core it's a card game, with an unconventional gimmick. Essentially you'll navigate through an area that has laid out several paths of which one will be story progression )it shows you which way you have to go). Exploring other paths leads to more battles, possible card packs, gold or rub points. The latter are points you need to evolve your cards to (usually) stronger versions, while gold lets you buy card packs and items to use during the battles. You'll also get both of these currencies for completing battles.

The battles have a fairly simple structure, you have a bunch of cards in your "hand" out of the 40 you can have in your deck. Each card costs mana and after each of your turns you get additional 3 mana to your leftover mana from before. When you play a card, it's summoned as a creature onto the battlefield. which consists of 7 vertical tiles and 3 horizontal ones. The 4th vertical row is neutral, other than that each player can summon creatures on any of the tiles on his side of the battlefield. At the end of a layer's turn, his creatures will walk towards the enemy creatures. Once a creature reaches the final enemy row, it wil attack the HQ which needs to be done an average of 3 times to get the win.

The cards are "Monster GIrls", that can either be melee, ranged, healer, or buffer and act accordingly. During battle cards of the same class + race can be fused together to become stronger. Then there's also card color which, just as race will boost stats of creatures you have on the battle field.

Which leads to the main gimmick of this game. To evolve a Monster Girl you need to select the card, which then gets zoomed in. From then on you need to find the "pleasure spots" of the girls, by rubbing or tapping the vita screen. With each time you evolve them more clothes will come off (the western version of the game calls it quits once it reaches the underwear). Which as a general idea is at least somewhat original. It's arguable if it had to be stripping instead of simply becoming a new creature though.

As a game it's alright, considering the lack of card games on consoles. The story, I stopped caring about after the first few lines of text. The battles will become very repetitive, with the exception of the boss fights, as will the whole rubbing gimmick. Eventually the game reaches the point of a sort of fake ending, which leads to a more difficult version of all the areas you cleared before. At that point you'll likely already be fed up with the game, as you'll be going through the motions. I ended up using the same deck for most of the game, until I reached the final area, there I had to make two new decks in order to progress.

Overall it's an initially fun experience that won't take to long to turn into a chore. Skip it unless you like card games or if you have issues with lewdness.

• Like 2

Alright, guess it's a good time to report my progress! I 'finished' God of War: Ascension, being stuck at a grating 98% for the time being, since my brand-new online pass doesn't work. Waiting to hear back from customer support to get it fixed, hopefully. Until then, I'm moving on to the next game. :)

First time doing an event like this but sure :

1) Worms battleground | Platinum | 67 % ( Hardest one in the list :P )

2) Wolfenstein : The Old Blood | Platinum | not started yet but i have it 

3) Assassin's Creed  Syndicate | Platinum | 80 % 

4) Everybody's Gone To The Rapture | Platinum 32 % 

Sorry i'm late :)

Bloodborne seems to definitely not work :( going to get rid of the game and I'll try the GOTY disc next year or so or whenever there's a great sale.

Played through Metal Slug 2 and I'm putting Metal Slug X on my list informally via this post, going to play it now then call it a day. I'll figure out what long-term game to play tomorrow or so.

Full update time...

Before the full update below, I want to think out loud for a minute as to what games I want to play in the days/weeks to come.

So Bloodborne is a no-no at this point, sadly nothing is working to restore my save file. As stated with more words below, I won't continue on it for now. This means that what's left on my list is LEGO Marvel's Avengers (which I only play together with the missus), whatever the next Metal Slug is in the antology (which will take me about six hours at the most to get through, probably much less), and Psychonauts (which I might want to save for KYC3, not sure yet).

So, methinks it is probably best if I point to at least one game from my backlog which I can also start playing. Checking my backlog, I'm tempted to say Fallout 4 or The Wicher 3 - I was thinking about doing more long games before, I never seem to get through them.

Actually yeah, I'm going to say "The Witcher 3" and restart on that one, I really enjoyed myself when I started playing it and I want to be able to finish the stories in big games. I still haven't finished any Witcher game and a game so good that its EXPANSION can obtain GOTY awards then it is certainly deserving of my time. The only reason why I will not play through it right away is if I can trade Bloodborne/Primal on for something that can be played through and traded on again quickly. I'll probably start on Saturday with Witcher 3 (busy week) unless I have something else by then.

Update:

L57216c.png

Never getting past the savefile error :( I deleted the whole game, removed my save file, installed the game again, downloaded the update and downloaded my savefile again. Still getting an error and now I've done everything people have thought of to fix this but it is still not fixed.

Sorry @MMDE, I'm out. as stated in my previous post, if I ever find the GOTY (or digital) edition for a price I can't resist then I'll buy it again but I do not want to work with the normal disc version any more if losing save files is a risk. I want to play this game but if it means starting over then I want to take some extra precautions, including not using the regular disc version.

L2d0ca8.png

Played a little bit. Bad news: there's not enough people playing online to always have all types of sessions on, most people are in wolfpack or deathmatch. So this means I'll need another player to be able to play all types of multiplayer in private created matches.

L653f2d.png

Played a lot of Brotherhood yesterday. Did the four remaining Romulus missions (with 100% synchronisation no less, I must be a better gamer than I was five years ago), the three remaining Borgia towers and the three remaining Leonardo machines, all the while sending my assassins on missions.

Going on a tangent here but I loved the Assassin's Creed movie, by the way. After all the hate it got I feared the worst but it is an excellent movie and a worthy addition to the AC universe.

L8ebf3a.png

I played Metal Slug 2 and Metal Slug X, I can now say with almost certainty that the one Metal Slug game that I played before (on an actual arcade machine) was Metal Slug 2.

Metal Slug X is an updated re-release of Metal Slug 2, with some better Slug options, some more enemies and some more attacks for existing enemies, and a few other changes (mission 1 takes place at night now, and the alien enemies pop up a bit earlier in the game instead of showing up out of nowhere).

The games are a lot of fun, and are certainly getting better - with more diverse levels, bosses and regular enemies. If the later games keep being fun then I might just play through them all before the end of this month.

I noticed an Indipendence Day (the movie) reference in the game... Hadn't realised that that movie was old enough already that an old game like this can reference it. Wow, I feel old... 

Stats:

Spoiler

Season I

• Assassin's Creed II || PS4 || goal: 100% || start: 87% (started during pre-season on 0%)
  • Assassin's Creed: Revelations || PS4 || goal: story || start: 16% (started during pre-season on 0%)
  • Bloodborne || PS4 || goal: story || start: 3%
  • LEGO Marvel's Avengers || PS4 || goal: 100% || start: 5%, current: 7%
  • Metal Slug Anthology || PS4 || goal: get through MS1
  • Metal Slug Anthology || PS4 || goal: get through MS2
  • Metal Slug Anthology || PS4 || goal: get through MSX
  • Metal Slug Anthology || PS4 || goal: get through MS3
  • Psychonauts || PS4 || goal: story || start: 0%
  • The Witcher 3 || PS4 || goal: story || start: 9% (but will restart the campaign)

2017 long goals

• Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood || PS4 || goal: 100% || current: 73% (finished story on 57%)
  • Assassin's Creed: Revelations || PS4 || goal: 100% || current: 51% (finished story on 51%)
  • Assassin's Creed III || PS3 || goal: 100% DLC Ep2/Ep3 || current: 0%/0% (started 2017 on 0%/0%)
  • Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag || PS4 || goal: MP grind || current: 0/2 (level: 21/55, started 2017 on level 7)
  • DRIVECLUB || PS4 || goal: Champion in season pass DLC || current: 0/11 (other 7 done before 2017)

Eliminated from Backlog

• Actual Sunlight (Vita) (100%)
  • Assassin's Creed II (PS4) (100%)
  • Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (PS4)
  • Assassin's Creed: Revelations (PS4)
  • The Deadly Tower Of Monsters (PS4) (100%)
  • Metal Slug Anthology (PS4) (Eliminated: MS1, MS2, MSX)
  • Watch_Dogs 2 (PS4)

Edited by BillyHorrible
ID4

1 minute ago, BillyHorrible said:

Update:

L57216c.png

Never getting past the savefile error :( I deleted the whole game, removed my save file, installed the game again, downloaded the update and downloaded my savefile again. Still getting an error and now I've done everything people have thought of to fix this but it is still not fixed.

Sorry @MMDE, I'm out. as stated in my previous post, if I ever find the GOTY (or digital) edition for a price I can't resist then I'll buy it again but I do not want to work with the normal disc version any more if losing save files is a risk. I want to play this game but if it means starting over then I want to take some extra precautions, including not using the regular disc version.

I was co-oping with a buddy the chalice dungeons yesterday. Good times.

Just start over and take back up of your save each time you play or something, That way you know you got a backup if it gets corrupted again. :S Of course, make sure each backup doesn't overwrite the old one, so better do it to PC or something. Chances are, from what you've told me, you could probably redo what you've lost in like 3 hours or something, if not less.

1 minute ago, MMDE said:

I was co-oping with a buddy the chalice dungeons yesterday. Good times.

Just start over and take back up of your save each time you play or something, That way you know you got a backup if it gets corrupted again. :S Of course, make sure each backup doesn't overwrite the old one, so better do it to PC or something. Chances are, from what you've told me, you could probably redo what you've lost in like 3 hours or something, if not less.

Yeah now that I know what to do, I would get through it a lot quicker (took me about ten hours the first time around, I guess?) but I'm definitely not going to continue on this regular disc version. Note that if whatever I trade it for can after playing it be traded for the GOTY, I will start Bloodborne a lot sooner than I'm saying now.

Backups don't matter if the file corrups before copying. Note that I played a new game and saved at the Dream a couple of days ago and immediately after, quit through the menu and tried to load it again and I still got an error. There's no working with that.

6 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Yeah now that I know what to do, I would get through it a lot quicker (took me about ten hours the first time around, I guess?) but I'm definitely not going to continue on this regular disc version. Note that if whatever I trade it for can after playing it be traded for the GOTY, I will start Bloodborne a lot sooner than I'm saying now.

Backups don't matter if the file corrups before copying. Note that I played a new game and saved at the Dream a couple of days ago and immediately after, quit through the menu and tried to load it again and I still got an error. There's no working with that.

That is why I said you should backup and don't overwrite the last backup when you do so, which is why you should backup to PC. On PC you can keep them in different directories or something. The only thing you risk if this ever happens again then is that you're set back one backup. Annoying, but not that big of a deal then I'd say.

I had the same problem with N++ when it was first released. It had an awful save glitch. I beat half the game 30 hours progress or something, and then it got corrupted! From then on until they fixed it, I backed up my saves to PC. Kept each backup, not overwriting the last one, because as you said, you don't know if it's corrupted or not, so it would be pointless to overwrite the one you know works with the one you don't know if works. I did experience one more corruption, after some of the hardest levels in the game. :P At least I only had to do replay some few episodes, because I had tons of backups on my PC, and more specifically the last one that actually worked.

Edited by MMDE

2 minutes ago, MMDE said:

That is why I said you should backup and don't overwrite the last backup when you do so, which is why you should backup to PC. On PC you can keep them in different directories or something. The only thing you risk if this ever happens again then is that you're set back one backup. Annoying, but not that big of a deal then I'd say.

Personally I'm a console gamer because it's easy, just plug in and play. If just playing through a game proves to be such a big hassle, then I'm not very motivated to play on.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Personally I'm a console gamer because it's easy, just plug in and play. If just playing through a game proves to be such a big hassle, then I'm not very motivated to play on.

Yeah, it's not like this happens all that often, it would just be to avoid risking any issues. You could have two USB sticks, swap between backing up to each. Or, take off auto upload Bloodborne save to PS+, and swap between that and one USB stick.

Edited by MMDE

8 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Yeah, it's not like this happens all that often, it would just be to avoid risking any issues. You could have two USB sticks, swap between backing up to each. Or, take off auto upload Bloodborne save to PS+, and swap between that and one USB stick.

Personally I think going for the digital or GOTY version and then not deleting the game until I get through it is a better option. Having to copy to USB is what I had to do for a different game and I don't really feel like having to do it again, it's such an interruption to playing the game...

1 minute ago, BillyHorrible said:

Personally I think going for the digital or GOTY version and then not deleting the game until I get through it is a better option. Having to copy to USB is what I had to do for a different game and I don't really feel like having to do it again, it's such an interruption to playing the game...

If you think so. I would personally just backup before or after I start playing. Not sure if the GOTY in no way has these issues or not. I just never encountered any. Most people don't AFAIK.

On 18/11/2016 at 10:36 AM, gernboes said:

Season I

• Heavy Rain (PS4): current 90% / goal: platinum (100%) / last trophy obtained: September 16th 2016
  • Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered (PS4): current 24% / goal: platinum / last trophy obtained: January 5th 2016
  • Super Exploding Zoo! (PS4): current 12% / goal: platinum / last trophy obtained: July 30th 2015

Time for an update.

After finishing Heavy Rain I decided to play something else (I didn't have the motivation to take on Super Exploding Zoo right away. So I started up The Amazing Spider-Man 2. This morning I finished that game and said to myself: ah what the hell let's do that super exploding zoo stuff. So I started up the game and got some nice progress done.

Super Exploding Zoo!: start 12% / goal: platinum / current 82%

I managed to get every offline trophy and am now looking for a boosting partner to get the multiplayer done to get the game off my list. (If interested I started a gaming session on this site for that)

PS: I still don't like the game

Another game to cross of the list and thus another update

• Crysis  - Plat

The Escapists: The Walking Dead:

Didn't play the original, and sure as hell ain't going to after having played this one.

This is a top-down, the walking dead themed, pixelated clusterfuck. It has some RPG elements and ton of busywork, which cuts down the time that's needed for exploration, which again is necessary as the game is mostly about crafting all kinds of things and therefore you need to find items. It's a counter-productive system, with poor mechanics, glitched NPCs, poor inventory management system and a lot of repetitive back and forth.

The much needed items to survive and progress in the game are randomly generated so you might spend hours just trying to find a single item that you need for crafting what you want.

It's not a good game, and I won't bother doing the DLC for it. Anyone would be better off to just read the comics or watch the TV show instead, it's likely you'd enjoy it more than this game.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Another game to cross of the list and thus another update

• Crysis  - Plat

The Escapists: The Walking Dead:

Didn't play the original, and sure as hell ain't going to after having played this one.

This is a top-down, the walking dead themed, pixelated clusterfuck. It has some RPG elements and ton of busywork, which cuts down the time that's needed for exploration, which again is necessary as the game is mostly about crafting all kinds of things and therefore you need to find items. It's a counter-productive system, with poor mechanics, glitched NPCs, poor inventory management system and a lot of repetitive back and forth.

The much needed items to survive and progress in the game are randomly generated so you might spend hours just trying to find a single item that you need for crafting what you want.

It's not a good game, and I won't bother doing the DLC for it. Anyone would be better off to just read the comics or watch the TV show instead, it's likely you'd enjoy it more than this game.

I enjoyed the first Escapists (i plat'ed it on another account)

but i have to agree, without a guide of some sort to tell you the general way of completing the challenge (escape the prison) the time is very short to find by yourself the way to accomplish it.

8 minutes ago, dadoudelidou said:

I enjoyed the first Escapists (i plat'ed it on another account)

but i have to agree, without a guide of some sort to tell you the general way of completing the challenge (escape the prison) the time is very short to find by yourself the way to accomplish it.

I bought both games a while back and started with this one, because I find the show reasonably enjoyable. Since from what I've seen of the Escapists, it's mechanics seem similar to this one (or vice versa). I'm fairly certain I won't enjoy it, even though it seemed to be more polished than the Waking Dead one.

• Like 1