The Walking Dead Season 3 Episode 1 & 2 releasing December 20th

madbuk

Guys, do the decisions from S01 and S02 I've made on PS3 carry over to PS4 for this third season or I have to buy the S01 & S02 for the PS4 and play again?

To be honest, this is the most important question of all regarding this series. I played season 1 & 2 back on PS3, so it would seem only right for the decisions made in S01 & S02 to carry over into S03. Otherwise I feel it would sever the connection between the game and the player because if our past decisions don't matter in S03, then what was the point? Having a game series that alters it's story based on our choices, I mean that's %80 of this game's appeal in my opinion. If you take that away...well that just sucks. 

But has TellTale even addressed this question? It'd be nice to have an official answer. If I gotta replay S01 & S02 on PS4 for those choices to matter in S03, then so be it. But don't tell me it just starts all over from scratch. That will drive me away from this game.  

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Superstarmaste1r said:

I saw on the end of the episode that I see ps3 on there what this point Telltale sucks at improving thier own quality which is sucks ass

Which episode? Are you talking about the announcement trailer? Because Telltale Games did insert the Xbox 360 and PS3 logo in the end of that trailer, but they have since then decided not to optimize it for the last generation of consoles. I guess they're finally opening their eyes, because their games just don't run well on those consoles. We've seen that quite a few times by now, and I'm glad that they're not releasing more close-to-unplayable-games on the PS3 and Xbox 360. Still though, I would love to see a PS Vita game where they optimized the game for that sweet, handheld console.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gameoncomrade said:

Which episode? Are you talking about the announcement trailer? Because Telltale Games did insert the Xbox 360 and PS3 logo in the end of that trailer, but they have since then decided not to optimize it for the last generation of consoles. I guess they're finally opening their eyes, because their games just don't run well on those consoles. We've seen that quite a few times by now, and I'm glad that they're not releasing more close-to-unplayable-games on the PS3 and Xbox 360. Still though, I would love to see a PS Vita game where they optimized the game for that sweet, handheld console.

Yeah I was mentioning of only the announcement trailer they've released, where I thought they was going to release that where even in other person told me in this thread I think TT was going to release it for last gen, but now I ain't surprised but at the same time pissed yet again TT still not doing thier job and fix the damn thing that I just think for all this time thier performance has been very piss poor which is why I hate companies can't find ways to improve it, just like in the past where I know last gen consoles and vita can make perfect games running well. 

Fuck TT in general though plus got all of my save files from season 1 and 2 as my past choices, and they not going to release it on last gen as well because of how idiotic TT not caring to fix the obvious problems. Shady just fucking shady stuff right there

Edited by Superstarmaste1r

9 hours ago, Superstarmaste1r said:

Yeah I was mentioning of only the announcement trailer they've released, where I thought they was going to release that where even in other person told me in this thread I think TT was going to release it for last gen, but now I ain't surprised but at the same time pissed yet again TT still not doing thier job and fix the damn thing that I just think for all this time thier performance has been very piss poor which is why I hate companies can't find ways to improve it, just like in the past where I know last gen consoles and vita can make perfect games running well. 

Fuck TT in general though plus got all of my save files from season 1 and 2 as my past choices, and they not going to release it on last gen as well because of how idiotic TT not caring to fix the obvious problems. Shady just fucking shady stuff right there

We can also look at it from another aspect. Telltale is one of the few major developers that kept on releasing games on the last generation of consoles, and we all knew that it would stop at some point, and they even considered making season three of The Walking Dead release on the PS3. The PS4 and Xbox One are much more powerful consoles, and if Telltale were to optimize those games for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 then they would look really bad if they wanted those games to play out smoothly without frame drops and other flaws that would make the game unplayable *cough* Game of Thrones *cough*. The last generation of consoles just can't keep up anymore - especially not to Telltale's updated engines.

• Like 2

On 12/17/2016 at 5:40 AM, gameoncomrade said:

We can also look at it from another aspect. Telltale is one of the few major developers that kept on releasing games on the last generation of consoles, and we all knew that it would stop at some point, and they even considered making season three of The Walking Dead release on the PS3. The PS4 and Xbox One are much more powerful consoles, and if Telltale were to optimize those games for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 then they would look really bad if they wanted those games to play out smoothly without frame drops and other flaws that would make the game unplayable *cough* Game of Thrones *cough*. The last generation of consoles just can't keep up anymore - especially not to Telltale's updated engines.

I get that but they should really not screw people who already have kept the save data for those who own last gen and at least make this one the very last game for last gen. Not only that is a screwjob once again, but I blame them for being lazy right of thier asses where not only they have problems I'm the past, but even next gen has problems as well. Ain't fair at all that they've decided decided to make season 3 for next gen only where not only I have both seasons as my choices, but now I am thinking about deleting both of the save files because I think now those are wastes. Fucking bastard they are that even people who play TT games on mobile have problems as well where I don't blame them if a company doesn't even fucking care of fixing carely like eat they want for next gen, but they will have problems as well which I will never forgive those bitches even if they try to alternate better programmer designs. Hate Telltale so much just like Team Ninja. 

That's thier fault of being a failure that happens already. 

Edited by Superstarmaste1r

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2016 at 3:23 PM, Superstarmaste1r said:

I get that but they should really not screw people who already have kept the save data for those who own last gen and at least make this one the very last game for last gen. Not only that is a screwjob once again, but I blame them for being lazy right of thier asses where not only they have problems I'm the past, but even next gen has problems as well. Ain't fair at all that they've decided decided to make season 3 for next gen only where not only I have both seasons as my choices, but now I am thinking about deleting both of the save files because I think now those are wastes. Fucking bastard they are that even people who play TT games on mobile have problems as well where I don't blame them if a company doesn't even fucking care of fixing carely like eat they want for next gen, but they will have problems as well which I will never forgive those bitches even if they try to alternate better programmer designs. Hate Telltale so much just like Team Ninja. 

That's thier fault of being a failure that happens already. 

May want to calm your tits there a little bit- it is possible to transfer your save choices from the last gen games to S3. You simply create a Telltale account and then upload a save file (this can be done from the game's menu), then launch S3 and download the save file from there. If you don't like a company that much then just don't play their games anymore, but at least try to make sure you have all your facts straight before mouthing off. Telltale aren't without faults but few companies are. They made the right choice here and, like I said, there's more than adequate provision to bring forward your old save files.

Edited by MeteorHawk

1 hour ago, MeteorHawk said:

May want to calm your tits there a little bit- it is possible to transfer your save choices from the last gen games to S3. You simply create a Telltale account and then upload a save file (this can be done from the game's menu), then launch S3 and download the save file from there. If you don't like a company that much then just don't play their games anymore, but at least try to make sure you have all your facts straight before mouthing off. Telltale aren't without faults but few companies are. They made the right choice here and, like I said, there's more than adequate provision to bring forward your old save files.

Well you can't deny Telltale is in fact their fault that thier recent games have bigger problems where I can't be wrong that I have personal problems if a certain company has these problems that keeps it up. 

Well Telltale won't release it on ps3 where I actually have a Telltale account, but what's the point of actually uploading it with a TT account if I can't play it due to the fact of the points I just mentioned? I don't really go to that website at all so perhaps that might be alright, but the problem is I already tried linking my account to my PSN Gamer tag but I don't see the games I've played on to the erosive which I think logging in my TT account when playing thier games very useless. 

I don't agree what you say where based in how I think of a company who kept on falling of their promises, I have the right to bad mouth a company who does way worse than what people think they hadn't experience of a company who makes shitty decisions of not doing their job correctly.