I Personally Hate the Online Aspect

Trugo314

In my grind for 100% completion, some of the online trophies stand in my way. Two of which relate to the I bounty hunter mode. Kill someone hunting you, and kill 5 targets. Easy enough, until after forging my evidence, not one, not two, but three people, plus a horde of police were after me. I was screwed in about twenty seconds because one of them stopped my car while another sniped me. The third then proceeded to dance on my corpse until we were disconnected. Co op missions aren't fun because every time I try, my partner will purposely attract attention, then bail. Invasions are somewhat decent but they always get in the way of me doing things so I turned it off. Overall, once my trophies are done I don't think I'll ever touch the online aspect again.

In my grind for 100% completion, some of the online trophies stand in my way. Two of which relate to the I bounty hunter mode. Kill someone hunting you, and kill 5 targets. Easy enough, until after forging my evidence, not one, not two, but three people, plus a horde of police were after me. I was screwed in about twenty seconds because one of them stopped my car while another sniped me. The third then proceeded to dance on my corpse until we were disconnected. Co op missions aren't fun because every time I try, my partner will purposely attract attention, then bail. Invasions are somewhat decent but they always get in the way of me doing things so I turned it off. Overall, once my trophies are done I don't think I'll ever touch the online aspect again.

I usually don't touch the MP on any game after I have done the online trophies as well.

It does sound frustrating. When I get this, will probably end up boosting with someone else who wants the trophy rather than a random to make sure it is done properly.

This is actually one of the few things in Watch Dogs 2 I like better than in Watch Dogs 1 so far. The servers were still quite unstable when I did the online trophies but apart from that I quite enjoyed it. One thing I somewhat disliked is the fact that someone can disconnect without getting a penalty for it whenever he simply can't find you when you're invading him, but that's pretty much all I thought was 'bad' about it. I can understand playing co-op missions with randoms can be very frustrating sometimes but playing some missions with friends is actually good fun :).

I haven't played this game yet but it sounds to me like enjoyment of the experience depends on other players not being total morons, which put me off online gaming in general after World of Warcraft went to the dogs (lots of my experienced guild members left, leaving tons of goons behind, raids went to shit for the stupidest reasons). Colour me cynical but I've only recently gotten into some online trophies by boosting, but if the only way to enjoy online is by arranged boosting then that to me defeats the purpose of online in the first place. But perhaps I've just been terribly unlucky with my online experiences.

The only way I finally got an invasion to work, was hiding in a shop and then getting lucky the other guy didn't disconnect.

Killing 5 bounties is the only one I got left and that one is quite annoying because I'm pretty sure you have to kill the bounty and I can almost never get there before the police or another player kills him.

I am dreading switching my game to online. I picture the player base as busy little bees, figuring out all the ways they can screw up a co-op mission to ensure you get nothing.

Which I know is silly — not everyone who plays this game is a troll. Surely at least a few people would also like to win and get the rewards, rather than have the "satisfaction" of knowing they ruined your session and wasted your time. But still, I'm dreading it.

I couldn't disagree more. The dynamic multiplayer is amazing. The coop is really fun as well, screwing around in freemode with a friend is a blast.

I do think that the idea is great and refreshing from the usual deathmatch and such, it's just been my experience that has sucked.

That's the issue with MP in all games. There will be always trolls that makes it their life goal to cause others frustration and grief. Do what I do when I'm trying to get Online trophies out of the way, find a boosting session and join it. 9/10 of the time, it goes well. But there's always one or two sessions i pop in where half of it is trolls ruining the other half's attempt at boosting.