The Walking Dead A New Frontier Episodes

A question for you all. Do you play each of a episode when it releases for each one? Or do you preferred to wait all 5 episodes to be out for a full playthrough?

A Platinum back on it's feet. Good.

My Answer that I wait until all 5 episodes are release.

Edited by Nexuds121

18 minutes ago, Nexuds121 said:

A question for you all. Do you play each of a episode when it releases for each one? Or do you preferred to wait all 5 episodes to be out for a full playthrough?

A Platinum back on it's feet. Good.

I wait until all five are out or else I forget key things in the story.

• Like 1

I'll wait until all of the episodes are out... and then I'll wait for them to go on sale, because at that point I've already waited a long time, so a little more won't kill me. :P Besides, I find it much more enjoyable to experience these games over a few days rather than months as the story is still fresh in my mind. I'm not a big fan of the whole episodic thing. I feel like it detracts from the game.

• Like 1

In my personal case, I usually wait until every episode covered in the Season Pass is released and, as many of you had already said, I also almost always prefer to buy them when they are on sale. Between the E3, Gamescom and Black Friday sales I bought TWD Season 1 ($1.99 for PS4), TWD Season 2 ($2.99 for PS4), Game of Thrones ($2.99 for PS4), Tales of the Borderlands ($1.99 for PS3 and $1.49 for PS4) and Minecraft Story Mode ($10.99 for PS4´s Season Pass Deluxe), which I consider almost a steal for those good stories (My favourites being TWD Season 1 and Tales of the Borderlands).

Another reason for me to wait is that, despite I personally don´t have any trouble with the Episodic release model (I think is a vaild business model), I prefer to play the full game, from start to end, while appreciating how the story turns and unfolds as it´s progressing from episode to episode as a whole, something that I can´t really do if I have to wait between each episode´s release windows and play them one by one as they come out.

2 hours ago, Kavatus said:

Some time after full season comes out. Telltale seems to have bad reputation on how each episode performs during release. Better to play it after most of it is ironed out. 

I get what you´re saying, mate. I remember playing the TWD Season 1 demo on my PS3, and it ran somewhat good. Then I played the first episode of Tales from the Borderlands on my PS3 when TTG made it free, and it was really laggy, with stuttering and Frame Pacing sync problems all over the place, joined together by the lag between scenes during QTEs, which made me fail some of them, hampering my game progress (Maybe the PS3´s XDR RAM setup gives problems to TTG when porting the game to it, but, then again, TTG is also infamously known for it´s somewhat poor game optimization, even on PC).

Fast Forward to a couple of months ago, I bought TWD Season 1 for PS4, and I was pleased to see how smooth it ran on it (I personally felt that the game was at 60 FPS. Is that true, or I am wrong?), with almost no lag, Frame Pacing problems or extended loading times. The same can (almost) be said for TWD Season 2, Game of Thrones, Tales of the Borderlands and Minecraft Story Mode, but I noticed that each of TTG's subsequent releases seem to perform a little bit worse than the previous one. For Example, Tales of the Borderlands is WAY smoother on PS4 than PS3, but the PS4 version seems a bit more jaggier/stuttery than, say, TWD Season 1 on the same platform, PS4.

I also recently read reports of people complaining about the performance of TTG´s latest release, Batman, on PS3 (although is not surprising anymore, sadly) and, more worryingly, PS4: reports of crashes, lag, Frame drops, Frame Pacing problems and ever-increased loading times are commonplace on forums and comment boards all across internet. This doesn´t spark a lot of trust to TTG from it´s customers, especially given the fact that TTG announced that it´s in-house graphic engine would see an overhaul for what is now it´s latest release, Batman, but apparently even that overhaul wasn´t enough to prevent the game from having such game-breaking problems.

All in all, Telltale´s formula delivers good and memorable stories (at least in a good number of ocassions), but that formula isn´t optimized and polished enough for those stories to truly shine at it´s best. I hope they really sort this problems out with TWD Season 3, or at least try their best, to pave the way for more interesting stories on the future.

Edited by DPJUST14
Grammar Correcting and Spacing adjustments.

I wait until the whole lot's out, and I think from now on I'll wait even longer until the disc release. But then again with these stupid "season pass discs" they're doing now they probably won't bother with a disc release with all the content actually on the disc. :facepalm:

Edited by dell9300

I will wait 'till all episodes are out and then buy ithe game when it's on sale. I don't like to get emotionally attached to characters playing the 1st episode and then spend every couple of months waiting to continue a story. To play this kind of games in 1 go is how I prefer it.

i wait until til season pass is on sale ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) i'll never pay 25$ for a tale tell game - MC story mode i got that on sale for 11.99 - tales from the borderlands got that for 1.50 on sale - the walking dead got that for 3.99 | so i gusse my answer is wait til all episodes come out.

Edited by Phoenixgaming1

For me, it's better to wait until all of the episodes are out so that you could breeze-though playing it as if you were binge-watching it. 

Though I think pricing it at $24.99 with Season 2 and the Michonne mini-series is a good deal since I don't own neither of it for the PS4. Also, good call for TTG for releasing it as a two-episode premier so the people who pre-ordered it doesn't feel left out with too little to begin with. I just hope that TTG will now release the upcoming episodes monthly (like what they recently did to Batman) unlike every after 2 or 3 months.

Man, lucky for you guys who bought TWD Season 1 for a low price. Missed-out on the past sales lately. Still hoping that Sony will put it up again for sale for the Holiday Sale Week 3/4.

• 2 weeks later...