Monthly Madness (Formerly known as FYLTBE) [OLD THREAD]

I started playing Watch Dogs a while back as I thought my wife might tolerate it. Turns out she's really into the story, so then I was planning on working on the story whole she was awake and playing something else when she falls asleep. Turns out I really like it too, so I've been doing clean up whenever she passes out. Midway through Act 2, but probably close to 65% done with collectibles and side missions.

I do a couple tail missions each night even though I already have that trophy, because it gives decent xp, it's really fun, and it helps other trophy hunters. :highfive:

• Like 4

So the building that is going on in my subdivision has finally caused problems. The builders accidentally cut some of the underground cables for the Wifi in our neighborhood, and I have been without Wifi for a a day and a half.

But, I can say that I am feeling like I'll finish the story in Watch Dogs 2 really soon. We'll see. My goal is to have it done and platted before the end of the month.

• Like 2

Random quick question, how would you count old Telltale games for the complete 4 games in a month one?  By old games, I mean like Sam & Max and Back to the Future where each episode counts as one game on PSNP.  If I 100% two episodes would you count that as two games like PSNP would, or just one game since they are parts of a game technically?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Update Time!?

I've just platted Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4 (PS4)!? It's my first platinum of 2017!

I have also completed this as a part of another backlog event entitled: A Casual Attack on your Backlog so I'm chuffed with that!

Stats Before Event:

Platinum Trophies: 51

100% Completed Games: 49 (I got the wrong number for this:(, I thought it meant games that don't have a platinum on it)

Completion: 71.91%

Stat Changes:

Platinum Trophies: 52

100% Completed Games: 50

Completion: 72.44%

The next game I'm starting is... you guessed it, Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7!? I'll update when I've finished that one.?

Congrats on earning your first platinum star in January, I guess there's a second one coming soon. :P

Actually, you're one of the few who got it right when signing up. I intended those stats to represent the amount of plats you gained, separate from the other games you completed as well as your completion. Since about half of the participants got that wrong and it was pretty hard to get everyone to post their stats in the first place, I've decided to accept both variants as long as they aren't switched back and forth during the event. With the large number of participants, it's a lot easier to manage this way. I took this opportunity to change up the bullet point a little, so it's a bit more apparent now. 

Anyways, I updated anything besides the 100% completed games. Have fun playing your next game. ^_^ 

7 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Random quick question, how would you count old Telltale games for the complete 4 games in a month one?  By old games, I mean like Sam & Max and Back to the Future where each episode counts as one game on PSNP.  If I 100% two episodes would you count that as two games like PSNP would, or just one game since they are parts of a game technically?

Since I have a pretty adjustable grade system, I'll make this a little unconventional. Completing all episodes will net you a platinum rank despite the games not rewarding a platinum trophy, if you don't own all of them, 100% completing all episodes you have on your profile will net you a gold rank and lastly, playing through all episodes you have on your profile without completing all of the trophies will net you a silver rank. 

I think treating the old Telltale games like that should be pretty fair, since newer ones have a plat and usually only require you to play all episodes to earn it.

(I really need to update the FAQ when I'm done with P4G...)

5 hours ago, azlanslayer said:

Not sure If I'm still able to join but, here's my stats.

Welcome to the event. :) Also, thank you for presenting your stats in a way that makes it pretty easy to check them.

That's quite a stack of plats, by the way, you already have 5 platinum stars (since your almost earned second Nep plat counts as well). :o 

Feel free to read the paragraph I wrote to RizzleAbbey12 about the stats, you can leave them like that if you want to though. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, xFalionx said:

Congrats on earning your first platinum star in January, I guess there's a second one coming soon. :P

Actually, you're one of the few who got it right when signing up. I intended those stats to represent the amount of plats you gained, separate from the other games you completed as well as your completion. Since about half of the participants got that wrong and it was pretty hard to get everyone to post their stats in the first place, I've decided to accept both variants as long as they aren't switched back and forth during the event. With the large number of participants, it's a lot easier to manage this way. I took this opportunity to change up the bullet point a little, so it's a bit more apparent now. 

Anyways, I updated anything besides the 100% completed games. Have fun playing your next game. ^_^ 

Since I have a pretty adjustable grade system, I'll make this a little unconventional. Completing all episodes will net you a platinum rank despite the games not rewarding a platinum trophy, if you don't own all of them, 100% completing all episodes you have on your profile will net you a gold rank and lastly, playing through all episodes you have on your profile without completing all of the trophies will net you a silver rank. 

I think treating the old Telltale games like that should be pretty fair, since newer ones have a plat and usually only require you to play all episodes to earn it.

Welcome to the event. :) Also, thank you for presenting your stats in a way that makes it pretty easy to check them.

That's quite a stack of plats, by the way, you already have 5 platinum stars (since your almost earned second Nep plat counts as well). :o 

Feel free to read the paragraph I wrote to RizzleAbbey12 about the stats, you can leave them like that if you want to though. 

Thank you @xFalionx! :) Okay, thank you for clarifying and I'm glad I managed to do it right (even if it wasn't intentional:P) I will and you too! :) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, xFalionx said:

I apologise for not reading the 100% completion part properly, got excited seeing how I'm progressing so far in this month. I guess you can put a +2 for my 100% games (As you can tell I don't play 100% games much xD) Apart from that, my stack of platinums is due to the Platinum Pyramid challenge, working hard to win it :shakefist:  Looking forward to the games I'll be completing for this event :) 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, xFalionx said:

That actually is pretty fair.  Wanted to ask since I do have Sam and Max: The Devil's Playhouse still to finish for the winter backlog event, but to make things complex I probably would only be able to finish an episode or two this month since I'm also looking to have Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll count as one of my four this month as well.

And that reminds me that I also could do some more telltale games on Steam if we get PS4 next month as well since I own nearly all of the more recent ones on there (except minecraft and batman) and only have 100%ed Game of Thrones so far.  So at least it's no biggie for me if we end up with PS4 since I've been avoiding buying a PS4 due to Steam getting plenty of the games.

• Like 1

Whelp, my wife was super tired yesterday and fell asleep about 930. I forced myself to stop playing Watch Dogs and I put in Disney Infinity 2.0, to take another shot at survival mode. 3.25 hrs later floor 50 was my bitch and Thor had hit level 20, earning me my first UR Plat of the year. So glad that is done with. The game wasn't bad but that mode was irritating and pointless. 

This was actually my 4th Plat this month but I popped two on the 1st to start the year with a bang. 

Updated stats. 

Platinum trophies: -110

100% completed: - 27 (still) 

Completion: - 71.1%

• Like 3

Sorry, got used to events wanting easy-to-check stats and assumed you meant the one at the top. My non-plat 100%s are at 34, if you prefer that.

Ratchet & Clank done, after roughly 2-2.5 days of playtime. Got a bunch of snow and some issues from it (leaking - my poor wall) that have kept things busy. Probably not going to bother aiming for contest points this late, so Saints Row 3 or Far Cry 3 are likely up next.

Have to say, the camera's a heck of a lot better in the remake. I quit the PS3 remaster within five minutes because it was so annoying...

Four down, six more in the backlog - long series. None of them have really wowed me yet, but they're enjoyable enough. Story was good, visuals were excellent if sometimes blinding, music was fitting... had a few issues with controls, but that's almost entirely from using :circle: as my fire button. Only major complaint was the first race's trophy, which feels a bit too strict. You have to have a near-perfect run to get it, it seems.

• Like 2

Currently playing Gravity Rush.  Near the end I think.  Just got a "point of no return" warning, so I'm doing all the challenges and side trophies now.  I like the main game, but I have NO love for these challenges.  I feel like I'm fighting the controls the whole time especially for the slide races.  I think I'm about halfway done with the challenges though, so the platinum should come shortly.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Komrade_Konrad said:

Currently playing Gravity Rush.  Near the end I think.  Just got a "point of no return" warning, so I'm doing all the challenges and side trophies now.  I like the main game, but I have NO love for these challenges.  I feel like I'm fighting the controls the whole time especially for the slide races.  I think I'm about halfway done with the challenges though, so the platinum should come shortly.

You don't have to do all the challenges before the end of the story. After you finished the story you can free roam around the city and do everything that's still left to do.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

You don't have to do all the challenges before the end of the story. After you finished the story you can free roam around the city and do everything that's still left to do.

Thanks for the heads up.  Wasn't sure after getting the warning.  Will still probably finish everything up before completing the story, because I don't want my last experience with the game to be throwing my Vita into a wall because I'm so bad at turning during gravity slide races xD

I finally managed to get the most troublesome trophy in P4G, Hardcore Risette Fan. :D Now that I've got that trophy off my mind I'm pretty confident in my chances of completing the game before the end of January.

On 1/19/2017 at 5:23 PM, azlanslayer said:

I apologise for not reading the 100% completion part properly, got excited seeing how I'm progressing so far in this month. I guess you can put a +2 for my 100% games (As you can tell I don't play 100% games much xD) Apart from that, my stack of platinums is due to the Platinum Pyramid challenge, working hard to win it :shakefist:  Looking forward to the games I'll be completing for this event :) 

Nothing to apologize for. In fact it's me who should apologize for not making the instructions clear enough. :)

I've updated your stats, good luck with your Platinum Pyramid challenge. ^_^

On 1/19/2017 at 6:46 PM, Hemiak said:

This was actually my 4th Plat this month but I popped two on the 1st to start the year with a bang. 

Updated stats. 

Platinum trophies: -110

100% completed: - 27 (still) 

Completion: - 71.1%

Congrats on earning your first platinum star in January. I've updated your stats. :)

13 hours ago, SyIaris said:

Sorry, got used to events wanting easy-to-check stats and assumed you meant the one at the top. My non-plat 100%s are at 34, if you prefer that.

Ratchet & Clank done, after roughly 2-2.5 days of playtime. Got a bunch of snow and some issues from it (leaking - my poor wall) that have kept things busy. Probably not going to bother aiming for contest points this late, so Saints Row 3 or Far Cry 3 are likely up next.

Have to say, the camera's a heck of a lot better in the remake. I quit the PS3 remaster within five minutes because it was so annoying...

Four down, six more in the backlog - long series. None of them have really wowed me yet, but they're enjoyable enough. Story was good, visuals were excellent if sometimes blinding, music was fitting... had a few issues with controls, but that's almost entirely from using :circle: as my fire button. Only major complaint was the first race's trophy, which feels a bit too strict. You have to have a near-perfect run to get it, it seems.

Honestly, it's up to you how you want your stats as I'm allowing both versions for this year because so many people got it wrong. Any version is fine as long as you stick with it but I went ahead and updated your stats, since your new 100% value is technically the correct one.

Congratulations on earning your first platinum star in January. Have fun with your next game. :D

I can't say much about the remaster since I didn't play that but it's weird to me that the camera is what annoyed you about the original first game. I personally find the old health system as well as the lack of the ability to strafe the most annoying. Aiming your guns without strafing is really a huge pain in the ass. But I guess I'm used to the camera since I played this game to death back in the PS2 days.

If you're looking for a great R&C, my two favorites are R&C 3 as well as R&C: A Crack in Time. The former is my favorite in terms of gameplay and features my favorite weapons, the best arena in the series (maybe second to Deadlocked, but that's a bit of an unfair comparison because pretty much the whole game is the arena in Deadlocked...) and my favorite villain in the series. The only thing I found annoying in R&C 3 are the missions throughout the game where you have to complete a set objective alongside some robot forces. They didn't really fit the R&C formula in my opinion. You should probably play R&C2 before this though, as the third game is the first of the 3 to have all of the important game mechanics and playing R&C 2 after it would probably be pretty unenjoyable. R&C 2 is a great game though, and it fixes most of the problems the first game had, 3 expands on these concepts and polishes them a lot. Oh, and the multiplayer is perfect, it's actually so much fun that I used to play it alone all the time when I was a kid. It's just that great. I'm pretty damn sad that they abandoned that formula with Deadlocked...

R&C: A Crack in Time is my favorite game in the story department of the series, playing Tools of Destruction before this is a must though, as ACiT builds heavily on the story that is set in ToD. In terms of gameplay ACiT is still pretty good, despite the arena being mediocre at best. The story is great, the weapons are pretty nice, they introduced a new spaceship system that rewards exploration, and the game has the most fun transportational item of the series, in my opinion at least. This game also has the best Clank gameplay in the series. But as I said above, playing ToD before this is a must. A Quest for Booty is optional as it covers a small section of the story between those games which is not that important, so you can skip that without worrying too much about it.

15 minutes ago, Komrade_Konrad said:

Thanks for the heads up.  Wasn't sure after getting the warning.  Will still probably finish everything up before completing the story, because I don't want my last experience with the game to be throwing my Vita into a wall because I'm so bad at turning during gravity slide races xD

Good luck with those challenges. The slide races were annoying but I found others, like the missions where you have to pick stuff up and throw it at other stuff, to be a lot harder to gain a gold rank on. The secret Nevis can also be pretty tough but the rest of the trophies should be fairly simple.

11 minutes ago, ShogunCroCop said:

Made it to the final mission of Watch Dogs 2. Looking to complete it tonight, and get the last remaining online trophy as well.

Looks like I'll get to hand out some more ranks soon. :P 

• Like 2

Got my third game completed for this month and a second platinum by finishing Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll.  I think it's a very underappreciated game because it's quite solid in nearly every way.  You have interesting world-building and lore, good plot and characters and fun gameplay.  Also the trophy set is quite doable with no missables.  I had a lot of fun with this game and would highly recommend it if anyone has it sitting in their backlog.  It's not a hard platinum, though not a fast one.

• Like 3

Finished Gravity Rush last night, which makes my 3rd 3D plat this month.  I think this would probably qualify for being a plat that I wouldn't have finished any time soon if I weren't doing this event as I've had it for over 4 years and hadn't come close to finishing it until this month.  Next up is Lara Croft GO which I'm really enjoying so far and will likely be my 4th 3D plat for the month.  Also working on The Swapper which has been pretty interesting so far.

@xFalionx Any chance I can get the Gravity Rush icon 1S1e19fe.png on January's  rank instead of Color Guardians? It's just so much better looking :lol:

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

@ladynadiad, @Komrade_Konrad Congrats on earning your new platinum star in January. Keep those ranks rolling, you're both really close to finishing the 4 games challenge. :D

@ShogunCroCop Congratulations on earning your platinum rank in January. I've got that game laying around in my backlog, which is weird cause I'm not even remotely interested in the Batman franchise. Make sure to tell me how you liked it once you're done, so I can finally decide when to play that game. :P

Sure, I've changed that around for you. I was actually going to announce that you can now choose which plat image you want to have displayed in the OP along with the poll winner for February's theme on the 1st. The game that's displayed there will also be the one that's gonna get used as the background for that month should I pull through with those trophy cards, but I'm still not guaranteeing anything since there's a whole bunch more participants than I had anticipated. ^_^

I played it before on my PS3. It was a compelling storyline with great gameplay. It keeps you coming back for more. You'd like it, if just for the storyline. I didn't plat it on the PS3, but I am hoping to plat the PS4 version.

• Like 1

Alrighty, finished up Lara Croft GO for my 4th 3D plat this month :D  Had a lot of fun with the game and recommend it for fans of puzzle games or those that enjoyed Hitman GO.

OK in case I forget to post my final stats later next week (because things are going to get busy for me), here are my current stats:

- Edit - Actually I finished The Swapper last night because it ended up being way shorter than I thought which probably counts as a 3D 100%, so I wanted to update the stats I posted earlier

Stat changes during the event (January):

Platinum trophies: +5

100% completed: +2

Completion: +2.19%

Edited by Komrade_Konrad
  • Like 4

Finally I finished my first game: Atelier Shallie. I've marked this game on Platinum Pyramid Seaosn 1 too (link about my post here), but since Season 1 has ended before I had finished this game, I don't know if this game is still eligible in "Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event" challenge. Anyway, here's my updated stats:

Stats before the event:

Platinum trophies: 143

100% completed: 108

Completion: 68.63%

Stat changes during the event:

Platinum trophies: 144 (+1)

100% completed: 108 (-)

Completion: 68.94% (+0.31%)

Now I will work on Twisted Metal Black for a Golden Star (I'm thinking of completing at least a game with Platinum and a game without Platinum every month for this event).

Actually I have plenty of games that are in "ready to pop" status (because of Vita's Anniversary event) and fit January's theme, but I prefer wait until end of this month to decide about them (if "Vita" win this poll, I will left them for February; otherwise, I still don't know if I will use them for Platinum/Golden Stars...).

• Like 4