Monthly Madness (Formerly known as FYLTBE) [OLD THREAD]

My Color Guardians plat is now ready to pop. That's a platinum rank as well as another golden challenge star for the event challenge for me. Additionally, this is also a game I wouldn't have touched with a stick if it weren't for this event, so I've completed that challenge as well. :)

Honestly, the game was in some parts worse and in some other parts better than I had anticipated. For example, the character design is horrendous and the game would probably be better without a story than with the generic story it has to offer. On the other hand, the controls were nice and responsive and the level design was also not bad. The unique color changing mechanic was also pretty nice and well used, so it didn't feel like a gimmick instead of a feature.

I was also surprised about the difficulty. I was really happy when I managed to defeat the final boss without getting hit, and that was on the easier of the two difficulty levels.

Give this game a new paint job and it would probably be pretty neat. ^_^

• Like 3

Completed That Trivia Game (it was easy because there was only one trophy remaining), so for now I will have a Golden Trophy for February's theme (it will be a Golden Star, because I will complete inFamous First Light and/or Catlateral Damage). And since I put That Trivia Game on my list on " A Casual Attack on Your Backlog" (where trophy progress don't matter, like here :D), this game is also eligible on "Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event" challenge.

Suggested icon:1S08a8e7.png

Updated stats:

Stat changes during the event:

Platinum trophies: +2

100% completed: +3

Completion: +0.50%

Edited by JoaoQuique
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, JoaoQuique said:

Completed That Trivia Game (it was easy because there was only one trophy remaining), so for now I will have a Golden Trophy for February's theme (it will be a Golden Star, because I will complete inFamous First Light and/or Catlateral Damage). And since I put That Trivia Game on my list on " A Casual Attack on Your Backlog" (where trophy progress don't matter, like here :D), this game is also eligible on "Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event" challenge.

Suggested icon:1S08a8e7.png

Updated stats:

100% completed: +3

Completion: +0.50%

Congratulations on crossing another game off your backlog, but I'm sorry to say that the game won't count towards any challenges or ranks. The two rules that actually do take trophy progress into account are those below. To allow people participating in events like the Platinum Rain Day, or the currently active Vita's 5th anniversary event, games can count towards a rank in the month that they were brought to the state of one missing trophy (not counting the platinum trophy) instead of a full completion of the game. This however means that I can't accept games that were left in that state for a different reason, otherwise this system would be exploitable.

At least your stat increases have been noted.

On 12/21/2016 at 4:02 PM, xFalionx said:

About the rules

1. Games of any completion percentage are allowed, an exception to this would be games with only one trophy left for a different event. (See rule 8)
  2. Participants can request a platinum rank for a trophy list that has only one missing trophy (or more that are stackable) before the platinum trophy, if they're participating in a time sensitive event like the Platinum Rain Day.

On ‎02‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 4:14 AM, Hemiak said:

My theme is games you have had on your profile (or owned) for more than 6 months. 

Hemiak's idea get my vote as I have so much back log that would give me a chance at getting too :)

On ‎02‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 4:14 AM, Hemiak said:

My theme is games you have had on your profile (or owned) for more than 6 months. 

Hemiak's idea get my vote as I have so much back log that would give me a chance at getting too :)

• Like 1

Sorry that I've been absent from this thread for so long. I've been really busy working on a guide for Kingdom Hearts: DDD, preparing for Platinum Rain Day and dealing with schoolwork. Anyway, I've earned my platinum rank for February with Batman Arkham Knight. I've been working on the game for a year and half now so this thread is definitely doing it's job :D. By the way, I used that as one of plat rain day games however I earned the last three trophies needed today so it still counts for this month (At least I hope it does xD).

I'm hoping to get the challenge done for finishing four games in a month because I'll be playing some shorter games for the THL so fingers crossed February will be a productive month for gaming and clearing the backlog.

I also agree with @Hemiak's theme for March because I really need to finish some games that have been on my profile for a while. 

• Like 2

For March's theme, I'll get behind @xFalionx's nomination:

On 01/02/2017 at 4:05 PM, xFalionx said:

Games by studios that are based in (or originated in) a non English-speaking country 

Nothing earned for February yet for me, but it's hopefully going to be Transistor since I'm finishing it for the Winter Backlog Challenge.

• Like 1

On Saturday, February 04, 2017 at 1:52 PM, xFalionx said:

My Color Guardians plat is now ready to pop. That's a platinum rank as well as another golden challenge star for the event challenge for me. Additionally, this is also a game I wouldn't have touched with a stick if it weren't for this event, so I've completed that challenge as well. :)

Honestly, the game was in some parts worse and in some other parts better than I had anticipated. For example, the character design is horrendous and the game would probably be better without a story than with the generic story it has to offer. On the other hand, the controls were nice and responsive and the level design was also not bad. The unique color changing mechanic was also pretty nice and well used, so it didn't feel like a gimmick instead of a feature.

I was also surprised about the difficulty. I was really happy when I managed to defeat the final boss without getting hit, and that was on the easier of the two difficulty levels.

Give this game a new paint job and it would probably be pretty neat. ^_^

After reading this, I decided to finally start with Color Guardians as well. I'm already pretty far in and I'm aiming to get the platinum trophy tomorrow. I'm happy to see this event already got me to play two games I probably wouldn't have played anytime soon otherwise, within only two months :D!

• Like 1

I guess here goes another 'Sorry for my tardiness' lines but this time I had to pull an allnighter for complicated family reasons and I spent most of yesterday in a groggy state unable to think in full sentences, so I wasn't really able to reply yesterday without messing up. :P

Now that that's over with it's time for another update on the current theme suggestions.

Current Suggestions:

• Games by studios that are based in (or originated in) a non English-speaking country (2 users)
  • Games that allow you to use wheels and/or wheel like things
  • Artistic (2 users)
  • Games you have had on your profile (or owned) for more than 6 months (4 users)

Users who already suggested their theme/voted for someone elses theme:

• Falion
  • JoaoQuique
  • ladynadiad
  • Hemiak
  • Edunstar
  • Lucas
  • MortalRikku
  • Kent
  • Fitzquaid

Users who didn't suggest a theme yet (mentioned to make sure they see this):

(You don't have to suggest a theme, this is just to make sure that nobody gets left out or overlooked by accident.)

On 2/5/2017 at 3:14 PM, MortalRikku said:

That's another vote for Hemiak's theme registered.

On 2/6/2017 at 4:15 AM, Kent10201 said:

Sorry that I've been absent from this thread for so long. I've been really busy working on a guide for Kingdom Hearts: DDD, preparing for Platinum Rain Day and dealing with schoolwork. Anyway, I've earned my platinum rank for February with Batman Arkham Knight. I've been working on the game for a year and half now so this thread is definitely doing it's job :D. By the way, I used that as one of plat rain day games however I earned the last three trophies needed today so it still counts for this month (At least I hope it does xD).

I'm hoping to get the challenge done for finishing four games in a month because I'll be playing some shorter games for the THL so fingers crossed February will be a productive month for gaming and clearing the backlog.

I also agree with @Hemiak's theme for March because I really need to finish some games that have been on my profile for a while. 

Don't worry about that. ^_^ The worst that could happen would be getting a bronze rank for a month (*shiver*), I'm not @Dragon-Archon, so I won't resort to sadistic measures to punish people. :awesome: 

Anyways, writing guides and doing schoolwork are both things that you don't need an excuse for. :)

Good luck with that, it should be fairly easy this month because PS4 is a theme with a wide variety of games to pick from, especially if you actually own a PS4.

I've noted your vote for Hemiak's theme.

On 2/6/2017 at 6:56 AM, Fitzquaid said:

For March's theme, I'll get behind @xFalionx's nomination:

Nothing earned for February yet for me, but it's hopefully going to be Transistor since I'm finishing it for the Winter Backlog Challenge.

Yay, finally someone who votes for my theme. :P 

You've still got most of February before you, I'm sure you can finish that game before March. :) 

16 hours ago, Lucas said:

After reading this, I decided to finally start with Color Guardians as well. I'm already pretty far in and I'm aiming to get the platinum trophy tomorrow. I'm happy to see this event already got me to play two games I probably wouldn't have played anytime soon otherwise, within only two months :D!

I'm glad to hear that the thread is useful to people. I personally didn't really finish anything old up yet because I'm adding tons of titles for the Vita's 5th anniversary event but since Hemiak's theme has a good chance of winning for March, I guess the right time for that will come.

Good luck on your Color Guardians plat, there are a few hard trophies but most of the trophies are fairly easy to get.

Edited by xFalionx
  • Like 2

I just completed Color Guardians :)! That means I finally got my first platinum rank. It also means I completed the 'Complete a game because of the event, that you would not have played anytime soon otherwise.' challenge as @xFalionx's post inspired me to finally play this game. Because of this, my progress towards the 'Complete 4 games within one month.' challenge is now 2/4. I also completed the 'Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event.' challenge again as this game counts in the Trophy Hunters League too :)! I also posted in the Most Recent Platinum topic about Color Guardians. 

• Like 3

I think my suggestion for a theme would be "Games with awesome soundtracks."  Obviously, this is purely personal taste, but a few that I would recommend would be Wolfenstein: The New Order, Bastion, and Persona 4.

OK update time.  Been busy tackling my backlog:

Platinum

Guacamelee STCE (Don't count this as a plat trophy for the month since I only had one trophy left coming into February)

100%

Gone Home (Can count for a gold trophy)

Thomas Was Alone

Finished Story

The Last of Us Remastered

Ratchet and Clank HD (Just grinding bolts for the plat)

Rogue Legacy

Geometry Wars 3 (finished January 31st)

Total

Platinum trophies: +6

100% completed: +4

Completion: +3.54%

February - You don't have to track this, just for my own reference

Platinum trophies: +1

100% completed: +2

Completion: +0.89%

• Like 3

21 hours ago, ShogunCroCop said:

Games owned over 6 months is my vote. 

20 hours ago, azlanslayer said:

voting for this as well

Noted your votes, it should take quite a big amount of luck to get a different theme than Hemiak's now that it has so many chances to be picked. ^_^ 

17 hours ago, Lucas said:

I just completed Color Guardians :)! That means I finally got my first platinum rank. It also means I completed the 'Complete a game because of the event, that you would not have played anytime soon otherwise.' challenge as @xFalionx's post inspired me to finally play this game. Because of this, my progress towards the 'Complete 4 games within one month.' challenge is now 2/4. I also completed the 'Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event.' challenge again as this game counts in the Trophy Hunters League too :)! I also posted in the Most Recent Platinum topic about Color Guardians. 

Congrats on your shiny new platinum rank in February, your new challenge rank and your new golden star for the other challenge.

2 Games to go for the 'complete 4 games' challenge. :) 

16 hours ago, Komrade_Konrad said:

I think my suggestion for a theme would be "Games with awesome soundtracks."  Obviously, this is purely personal taste, but a few that I would recommend would be Wolfenstein: The New Order, Bastion, and Persona 4.

OK update time.  Been busy tackling my backlog:

100%

Gone Home (Can count for a gold trophy)

Thomas Was Alone

Total

Platinum trophies: +6

100% completed: +4

Completion: +3.54%

Oh man, how did I not think of this? :facepalm: You'd have my vote but I'm not gonna abandon my own suggestion. :D 

Anyways, that's one hell of a detailed update so I cut it down to the important parts in the quote. Congratulations on your new golden rank in February along with a golden star to go with it.

I've also updated your stats, feel free to continue tracking your own additions. :) 

10 hours ago, Enma8910 said:

I am leaning towards this as well but does it count if I just 100% the DLC of a game I have already platinum'd?

Sorry, but I'm not gonna reward more than a silver rank for completed DLC and since there are no silver stars, those ranks would be useless if completing those DLC's isn't the only thing you're planning to do that month. I might add a few challenges throughout the year though, and one of those just might be about DLC to provide an incentive for completing them.

Another update ^_^

I also completed Root Letter yesterday evening :). You can read my thoughts about that game here. This means I got another platinum trophy with the February theme (played the Vita version but it also released on PS4). It also means my progress towards the 'Complete 4 games within one month.' challenge is now 3/4. I also completed the 'Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event.' challenge again (:lol:) as this game counts in the Trophy Hunters League too!

Also, could you update these stats for me too? When I signed up, I didn't see you meant only 100% completed games without a platinum trophy for this stat. These are the correct stats from before the event:

Stats before the event:

Platinum trophies: 33

100% completed: 42

Completion: 49.48%

100% completed: +1

Completion: +0.60%

By the way, thanks for the frequent updates @xFalionx! It really makes this event more fun to participate in :) .

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Another update ^_^

I also completed Root Letter yesterday evening :). You can read my thoughts about that game here. This means I got another platinum trophy with the February theme (played the Vita version but it also released on PS4). It also means my progress towards the 'Complete 4 games within one month.' challenge is now 3/4. I also completed the 'Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event.' challenge again (:lol:) as this game counts in the Trophy Hunters League too!

Also, could you update these stats for me too? When I signed up, I didn't see you meant only 100% completed games without a platinum trophy for this stat. These are the correct stats from before the event:

Stats before the event:

Platinum trophies: 33

100% completed: 42

Completion: 49.48%

Completion: +0.60%

By the way, thanks for the frequent updates @xFalionx! It really makes this event more fun to participate in :) .

Congrats on your new platinum star and getting your stats into the positives again. :)

I've also updated your original stats.

It's great to hear that you are having fun. ^_^ I usually try to update the thread once or twice per day but sometimes when I check the thread in the evening and there has been lots of activity, I get lazy and delay my updates to tomorrow morning, don't judge me. :P    

• Like 1

I just got Day of the Tentacle Remastered ready to pop for Vita's 5th anniversary, that earns me a platinum star, the completion of the retro game challenge and a golden star for the event challenge. This also brings my counter for the complete 4 games challenge up to 3/4. My next two games for the 5th anniversary event will be Vita exclusives but I'll squeeze another PS4 title after those to finish that challenge.

On 2/8/2017 at 4:49 PM, Edunstar84 said:

Finished the story in FF13 and now all that's left is the grind. Might go ahead and play Uncharted 2 in the meantime. 

On 2/8/2017 at 8:29 PM, Edunstar84 said:

Actually, I'll go with Tomb Raider instead. It's shorter.

Congrats on your progress in FF13 and good luck with Tomb Raider. :)

Completed Color Guardians and God of War Remastered for this month's theme ^_^ Currently working on Motorstorm RC, so that's not gonna count for this month's theme. I do have a couple of PS4 games I'm gonna play, but not a lot for this event, since THL's coming up and I'll need those backlog games to win :)  

Platinum trophies: +16

Completion: +1.37%

• Like 1

2 hours ago, azlanslayer said:

Completed Color Guardians and God of War Remastered for this month's theme ^_^ Currently working on Motorstorm RC, so that's not gonna count for this month's theme. I do have a couple of PS4 games I'm gonna play, but not a lot for this event, since THL's coming up and I'll need those backlog games to win :)  

Platinum trophies: +16

Completion: +1.37%

Congrats on your new platinum rank and star for February. :) I've updated your stats as well.

Go ahead and and leave some games for the other event, you already have your platinum rank for this month after all.

• Like 1

I've finished Transistor for February's theme, it was also for the Winter Backlog Challenge.  Gorgeous game, and trying different approaches to combat kept things fun, especially in new game plus where you have more and more options to set up really nasty degenerate combos.

Completion: +2.45%

• Like 2

3 hours ago, azlanslayer said:

This is completely off topic but the THL started last week xD. Do you mean the THTL?

I'm inclined to go with games on your profile 6 months+. Makes me wish I put more games on my profile as I have a number of games I've owned for some time but just didn't start yet but which I consider my personal backlog. Oh well, still have some that will count for this.

On an update note, I completed Day of the Tentacle Remastered for the PS4 monthly and another Retro star. Getting Danganronpa 2 ready to pop for the Vita event this month (once I grind through Princess Monomi, ugh).

Hopefully more later. 

• Like 2