Is it worth getting?

KRIEGLERR

On 23. 12. 2016 at 11:57 AM, KRIEGLERR said:

Hi , the game is currently on same for 14,99€ on the EU Store. I've played The Walking Dead S01, S02, Michonne and The Wolf Among Us and loved all of them. but it seems that this game is getting mixed reviews around here so I'm wondering if it's worth getting. I already plan on buying The Witcher 3 Season Pass and Firewatch too.

Coming from someone, who is not a big TellTale fan (having played TWD 1/2, TWAU, GoT, Tales of Borderlands), I'm really enjoying this one so far, 4 episodes in and can't wait for the conclusion. Definitely my favorite TellTale game so far!

If you like platinums Yeh its worth it! wasn't too bad this one had a lot more interaction a bit confusing at first to " link" things but okay once you get the hang of it. There was a tad bit of lag for me towards chapter 3 and to the end but nothing to worry about. The Storyline was actually pretty great.

On 4/2/2017 at 4:51 PM, LOL_Jokke97 said:

16492183_1575513159132377_271080479_o.jpg

Lol, I just played episode 1 today and I got this. Priceless. Bruce's head movement was glitched during the entire scene with Gordon. I couldn't help but chuckle until the end of the episode.

Edited by RainyDusk

6 hours ago, MMDE said:

Yeah, was like that when I played it too! :P 

I'm getting second thoughts about starting this again. Haven't played anything since GoT/TftB if we don't count the free Minecraft episode (which I didn't like at all).

On 03/01/2018 at 1:41 PM, HoundEagle said:

Coming from someone, who is not a big TellTale fan (having played TWD 1/2, TWAU, GoT, Tales of Borderlands), I'm really enjoying this one so far, 4 episodes in and can't wait for the conclusion. Definitely my favorite TellTale game so far!

5 hours ago, Property_Damage said:

You sound like their biggest fan to be honest

That's actually exactly the games I've played through too (if we don't count their older pre-TWD stuff like Jurassic Park, Sam&Max and Back To The Future), and I wouldn't count myself a fan either. I loved TWD a lot (it was the first time I got into touch woth that franchise) but eventually their games become very same-old same-old, and it doesn't help the loyal customer that Telltale constantly put their games on huge sales or even on PS+, I've often seen their season passes on sale before the second episode was even released, which is a bad practice if you want day one buyers.

All in all, after GoT and TftB (which I both actually enjoyed a lot), I decided there were enough better games out there for me and I'd get the Telltale titles once they got on PS+.

2 hours ago, Simple Rick said:

I'm getting second thoughts about starting this again. Haven't played anything since GoT/TftB if we don't count the free Minecraft episode (which I didn't like at all).

If you want to see that glitch, you need to make a choice halfway through the first episode. You just need to

Spoiler

choose Gordon

It's not exactly a spoiler, but just in case.

Edited by RainyDusk

4 hours ago, Simple Rick said:

That's actually exactly the games I've played through too (if we don't count their older pre-TWD stuff like Jurassic Park, Sam&Max and Back To The Future), and I wouldn't count myself a fan either. I loved TWD a lot (it was the first time I got into touch woth that franchise) but eventually their games become very same-old same-old, and it doesn't help the loyal customer that Telltale constantly put their games on huge sales or even on PS+, I've often seen their season passes on sale before the second episode was even released, which is a bad practice if you want day one buyers.

All in all, after GoT and TftB (which I both actually enjoyed a lot), I decided there were enough better games out there for me and I'd get the Telltale titles once they got on PS+.

I was merely being sarcastic because To play 90% of their biggest titles and say youre not a fan of TTG seems blasphemous 

there are lots of trophy hunters that love easy plats but still avoid games like megamind and hannah montana

i used to love playing telltage games but stopped buying there products because they are rather boring, unless they are atleast 50% off or more, which as of lately, they seem to be on sale quite frequently which could be the case of houndeagle, the member I originally quoted, and if thats the case thats perfectly fine but originally my comment was just suppossed to be a joke

Just had to restart this again from the beginning as I had a major freeze in episode 1.5. Not too far, about a couple of hours. Still definitely sucks. Hopefully the rest of the game runs a bit better. Definitely getting some frame rate drops.

So far though the story seems to be quite interesting. I'm going down the bad batman route, hurt everyone I can, lol.

12 hours ago, RainyDusk said:

If you want to see that glitch, you need to make a choice halfway through the first episode. You just need to

Reveal hidden contents

choose Gordon

It's not exactly a spoiler, but just in case.

I actually meant the opposite: the glitch doesn't make me want to play the game, but the game still having obvious bugs like this makes me want to not play the game.

10 hours ago, Property_Damage said:

I was merely being sarcastic because To play 90% of their biggest titles and say youre not a fan of TTG seems blasphemous 

there are lots of trophy hunters that love easy plats but still avoid games like megamind and hannah montana

i used to love playing telltage games but stopped buying there products because they are rather boring, unless they are atleast 50% off or more, which as of lately, they seem to be on sale quite frequently which could be the case of houndeagle, the member I originally quoted, and if thats the case thats perfectly fine but originally my comment was just suppossed to be a joke

I realised it was a joke :) I just saw the exact same list I had played and felt like discussing my current opinion on Telltale.

Hadn't even thought about the people who play mediocre/bad games just for easy platinums.

10 hours ago, captainskyhawk said:

Just had to restart this again from the beginning as I had a major freeze in episode 1.5. Not too far, about a couple of hours. Still definitely sucks. Hopefully the rest of the game runs a bit better. Definitely getting some frame rate drops.

So far though the story seems to be quite interesting. I'm going down the bad batman route, hurt everyone I can, lol.

Wait, you mean restart from the beginning of episode five or from the beginning of the game?

1 hour ago, Simple Rick said:

Wait, you mean restart from the beginning of episode five or from the beginning of the game?

I was in episode 1.5, as in episode 1 chapter 5. So not too far in, still about 2 hours gameplay though as you can't skip anything.

I had to delete my game save data and start from scratch. Nothing else would work. Even tried deleting the game and redownloading it.

4 minutes ago, captainskyhawk said:

I was in episode 1.5, as in episode 1 chapter 5. So not too far in, still about 2 hours gameplay though as you can't skip anything.

I had to delete my game save data and start from scratch. Nothing else would work. Even tried deleting the game and redownloading it.

Dang, that's bad. Telltale titles often have glitches or bugs, I thought with the new engine they'd be a bit better but apparently not.

It's not as bad as the Vita versions of TWD or TWAU, but cutscenes were quite laggy and ruined the experience for me.

It doesn't help that I found the story anti-climatic and underwhelming despite showing some good promises.

Like many said, grab it while it's "free" on PS Plus.

Otherwise, I wouldn't necessarily recommend the game.

Unfortunately it looks like all of the latest Telltale games have some bugs and glitches here and there. TWD Season 3 was a serious case, it kept hard freezing my PS4 Pro - a real nightmare - and it was vastly inferior to the previous 2 seasons.

No issue whatsover with Game of Thrones and Tales of Borderlands, tough. For Batman, I only found this glitch and unstable framerate at the beginning, finger crossed for the next episodes!

1 hour ago, RainyDusk said:

Unfortunately it looks like all of the latest Telltale games have some bugs and glitches here and there. TWD Season 3 was a serious case, it kept hard freezing my PS4 Pro - a real nightmare - and it was vastly inferior to the previous 2 seasons.

No issue whatsover with Game of Thrones and Tales of Borderlands, tough. For Batman, I only found this glitch and unstable framerate at the beginning, finger crossed for the next episodes!

Game Of Thrones was the worst for me, with parts where textures refused to load: so several environment items were entirely black.

3 hours ago, Simple Rick said:

Game Of Thrones was the worst for me, with parts where textures refused to load: so several environment items were entirely black.

I played it digitally on PS4 Pro when it was released on PS Plus, and the only issue I can think of was a few slight dips in the most crowded scenes, like the wedding or the party in King's Landing. Apart from that, it was flawless for me and it mostly ran at 50-60 fps. I can't say the same about Batman. 60 fps one moment, 20 fps another. Ugh.

28 minutes ago, RainyDusk said:

I played it digitally on PS4 Pro when it was released on PS Plus, and the only issue I can think of was a few slight dips in the most crowded scenes, like the wedding or the party in King's Landing. Apart from that, it was flawless for me and it mostly ran at 50-60 fps. I can't say the same about Batman. 60 fps one moment, 20 fps another. Ugh.

Might be because I played GoT E1 before E2 was even released, after the first season pass sale (which I told myself I'd wait on).

Then again, if Batman is still this badly bugged right now, all bets are off.

• 2 weeks later...

I still have to complete episode 5, but episode 2-4 were free of glitches and framerate was stable for me, and no freezes. So, it looks like Episode 1 was an exception.

Episode 4 was also my favourite episode of the season - looking forward to play the last one!

Even if you aren't a Batman fan, but you generally like playing Telltale games, you should give this one a chance. Fortunately it's better than the forgettable Season 3 of The Walking Dead. That one was really disappointing in my opinion.

• 1 year later...