Is it worth getting?

KRIEGLERR

Hi , the game is currently on same for 14,99€ on the EU Store. I've played The Walking Dead S01, S02, Michonne and The Wolf Among Us and loved all of them. but it seems that this game is getting mixed reviews around here so I'm wondering if it's worth getting. I already plan on buying The Witcher 3 Season Pass and Firewatch too.

2 hours ago, KRIEGLERR said:

Hi , the game is currently on same for 14,99€ on the EU Store. I've played The Walking Dead S01, S02, Michonne and The Wolf Among Us and loved all of them. but it seems that this game is getting mixed reviews around here so I'm wondering if it's worth getting. I already plan on buying The Witcher 3 Season Pass and Firewatch too.

Still want to play the main game in Witcher before I commit to the season pass but I'm in doubt about the other two games as well, I played all Telltale titles that came before Minecraft but have neither that one nor this one.

2 hours ago, SolidJD said:

People say it's good but has technical problems. Like really bad technical problems. 

I would say get episode 1 and see how you like it. If you love it then get the whole series :)

Don't all Telltale titles have technical problems though?

9 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Still want to play the main game in Witcher before I commit to the season pass but I'm in doubt about the other two games as well, I played all Telltale titles that came before Minecraft but have neither that one nor this one.

Don't all Telltale titles have technical problems though?

Yes, but it was really bad in Batman.

I just finished playing through all the episodes in 2 days and its my favourite. The new engine is a lot better. The only technical problems i had was frame rate drops during episode 5 and the occasional crash that would occour once every episode and i would have to boot the game up again, nothing to annoying. All in all a good experience and worth the money if its on sale. or just buy the physical copy complete it within 2 days and then sell it and make half your money back on it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, monseiurpatty said:

You're acting like it's horrible, I'm really enjoying it.

The story is great, a really nice and fresh take on Batman, but it was way more laggy (at least for me) than any other Telltale game, so if you can live with the bugs then go for it. I liked the game even tho it crashed on me 5 times

• Like 2

Only crashed once for me, near the end of the last episode (PS4 Version) A few bugs but they were usually funny and didn't ruin the game.

Haven't played my PS3 copy yet but I say to go for it if it's cheap enough and you enjoy both Batman and Telltale.

Edit: Just noticed this thread is old and you actually got the Plat a few days ago. Good decision.

Edited by spazza136
I had more to say

I'm playing through the game right now and I really enjoy the story.  I got my very first freeze in the last chapter of episode 3 and I'm playing on a PS4.  This is my first Telltale Series game.  I've heard that they are good and fairly easy as for as trophies go but this was the one that really got me to play one...and now I want to go back and play the other Telltale Series games.  So..yes..you should get it!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎23‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 0:31 AM, dalailama1989 said:

Can I rent the Disc copy with no worries?

It says on the box something like "Season Pass Disc" includes only Chapter 1 and let's you access 2-5. Is it a one-time-redeemable code or are they always available for free from the in-game-store? :)

In-game store :)

If the difference in $$ between physical and digital is minimal, better off buying the physical disc for it's resale value. 

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...