I need serious help.

willmill97

I'm not posting this is in the BFBC2 subforum, because it's not particularly relevant to that game, it's just an example. Anyway, I will discuss my issue.

The final trophy I need in BFBC2 has somehow glitched and has not unlocked, it's meant to come naturally, but I've spent 10 hours on it, and still nothing. So I deleted all my saves and did it without updates, 10 hours later, still nothing. Anyway, I am thinking of using my friends PS3, make a new profile before I put on my PSN account, get the trophy (if it even works) and sync. Only problem is, since it's the last trophy I need, a platinum should pop, but since I'm not putting on my PSN account to see if it works on another PS3, how will the plat pop? Will I have 72/73 trophies forever? 

What's the deal here? Has anyone tried something like this before? This trophy has made me so angry lately, nothing in 8 years of trophies has glitched on me like this before :( 

I did this with The Raven once. Create a generic "User" profile, play the game offline until you've earned the plat, then sign up that offline profile for PSN with your already existing profile and sync the trophies. Timestamps for trophies you had already earned before this will remain the same, any new trophies earned after the fact will have the newest timestamps.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, damon8r351 said:

I did this with The Raven once. Create a generic "User" profile, play the game offline until you've earned the plat, then sign up that offline profile for PSN with your already existing profile and sync the trophies. Timestamps for trophies you had already earned before this will remain the same, any new trophies earned after the fact will have the newest timestamps.

So I play the game until I earn the last trophy (if it pops), then add in my account and sync, the plat will pop too? The plat wouldn't have a timestampt adjacent to the last trophy earned so it may look like I've hacked? :o

Just now, willmill97 said:

So I play the game until I earn the last trophy (if it pops), then add in my account and sync, the plat will pop too? The plat wouldn't have a timestampt adjacent to the last trophy earned so it may look like I've hacked? :o

Play the game on the offline profile until you earn the plat, then make it your normal profile and sync it. There will be no issues with timestamps. Check the stamps on my profile for The Raven for an example.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, damon8r351 said:

Play the game on the offline profile until you earn the plat, then make it your normal profile and sync it. There will be no issues with timestamps. Check the stamps on my profile for The Raven for an example.

With a game like BFBC2 it's really not logical to plat the WHOLE game again for the sake of 1 "legit looking" timestamp.

@willmill97 just do the one trophy on a separate account. If your platinum looks illegitimate, who cares, at least you'll know it was done right.

Edited by Antielectron-
  • Like 1

People had similar issue with Zombie Tycoon 2: Brainshov Revenge when i wrote the guide for it. You are good if you pop 1 trophy in this game while having all the other ones synced to PSN. The plat won't actually pop in your screen at all, if you don't have the remaining trophies installed in the system, but whenever you sync the last trophy, the platinum will be added server side, so you won't be denied from all trophies.

You could, however, play the game and have it loaded and then ask to sync your trophies. The PS3 will send the game data to the servers and the servers will respond with the current trophy info, downloading it from the servers and putting you at 71/73 like you are in the old console. By doing this, the plat WILL pop in your screen and it will be added server-side as well.

Source

Edit: the source link is pretty shitty because now I remember I solved his issue through PSN messages, but if it offers you any comfort, everyone posting in the thread has the plat for their trophies.

Edited by TheYuriG
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Antielectron- said:

With a game like BFBC2 it's really not logical to plat the WHOLE game again for the sake of 1 "legit looking" timestamp.

@willmill97 just do the one trophy on a separate account. If your platinum looks illegitimate, who cares, at least you'll know it was done right.

However he wants to do it. Not my profile.

I popped my final trophy at a friends house a few years ago as I was unable to host in a certain game with my connection. Just sign in and sync your trophy collection, since you've played BFBC2 recently, you should onlu need to sync a few %. Switch to offline mode and check if the BFBC2 list can be seen, if it's there, go pop your platinum :)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Antielectron- said:

6 minutes ago, damon8r351 said:

However he wants to do it. Not my profile.

12 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

People had similar issue with Zombie Tycoon 2: Brainshov Revenge when i wrote the guide for it. You are good if you pop 1 trophy in this game while having all the other ones synced to PSN. The plat won't actually pop in your screen at all, if you don't have the remaining trophies installed in the system, but whenever you sync the last trophy, the platinum will be added server side, so you won't be denied from all trophies.

You could, however, play the game and have it loaded and then ask to sync your trophies. The PS3 will send the game data to the servers and the servers will respond with the current trophy info, downloading it from the servers and putting you at 71/73 like you are in the old console. By doing this, the plat WILL pop in your screen and it will be added server-side as well.

Source

Edit: the source link is pretty shitty because now I remember I solved his issue through PSN messages, but if it offers you any comfort, everyone posting in the thread has the plat for their trophies.

I'd much prefer not to have to do everything again, but whatever it takes! I think Yuri has confirmed it though, I'm not too fussed about the plat not showing on screen! 

On 1/2/2017 at 5:51 PM, TheYuriG said:

Source

Well I did it and it now says 72/73 trophies, completed in 0 seconds wtf?? No platinum was added server side.. It's screwed everything up.

Edited by willmill97

33 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

ummm...shows up fine on your trophy profile...73/73...platinum...completed today...i'm confused and late to the discussion...meaning probably irrelevant comment...feel free to ignore...

17 minutes ago, Banana_Sausage47 said:

It's showing up fine but there is a 1 hour and 32 minute time difference between the last trophy and the platinum lol 

I did something that would trigger after earning a trophy (completing the first chapter) and the platinum showed up on the server. Hence why there's a massive gap now :P 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, willmill97 said:

Well I did it and it now says 72/73 trophies, completed in 0 seconds wtf?? No platinum was added server side.. It's screwed everything up.

See it got added server side, just took a long while this time, huh. Think the server should update the list eventually to 3 seconds of something but if not, at least you have the plat now, congrats!

16 hours ago, closertim said:

I'd like to report a hacker.  Nah just kidding,  what trophy glitched on you? 

Destroy 1000 objects offline, it just never popped.. :(

15 hours ago, TheYuriG said:

See it got added server side, just took a long while this time, huh. Think the server should update the list eventually to 3 seconds of something but if not, at least you have the plat now, congrats!

As @A12 suggested, from then earning the trophy on an offline account and syncing, I had to do something to trigger a trophy on a new save, so i completed chapter 1, synced and it was there :)