Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

208 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

11 minutes ago, mcnichoj said:

Yes.

You can play your games anywhere, the game license is tied to your account. Then you can have one other console besides the one at your house as the designated "main" console where any account on that console can play the games/content.

That's all new to me. I thought Sony allowed one primary console per account at a time and there's a 6 month cooldown for changing the primary console.

So, if I had two PS4s, console A and B at my house and I had set them both as my primary console, I could play online with my husband playing on his account on console B and me on console A on my own account by owning just one game and one PS Plus subscription? Or is there some kind of limitation or a catch that only one account gets trophies for the games?

1 hour ago, Eyjabria said:

That's all new to me. I thought Sony allowed one primary console per account at a time and there's a 6 month cooldown for changing the primary console.

So, if I had two PS4s, console A and B at my house and I had set them both as my primary console, I could play online with my husband playing on his account on console B and me on console A on my own account by owning just one game and one PS Plus subscription? Or is there some kind of limitation or a catch that only one account gets trophies for the games?

You can only have one ps4 set as your primary at a time, you also have to deactivate your first ps4 if you want to make the 2nd one the primary 

3 hours ago, Eyjabria said:

Game_Sharing_on_PS4_Using_Primary_PSN_Ac

@MosesRockefeller thanks for telling me about Valkyria Chronicles 4 being able to continue from where you left the demo. Turns out I don't have time today to pick up my collector's edition, but I can still already start the game at least.

Then again, I just remembered I forgot about Runner3 so I'm doing that one again, and I still have Banner Saga 3 and L.A. Noire which I'm both working on, so I might not even get to Valkyria Chronicles 4 today.

Well, the Nintendo Labo Variety kit has been nominated for toy of the year. Not game. Toy. If this isn't a clear message for the "duhr 60 bucks for cardboard, what a stupid game" people, I don't know what is.

I'm playing Runner 3 again (ever notice how I seem to be playing half a dozen games in succession with many accidentally falling off the grid?), and damn it if I don't have its soundtrack stuck in my head the entire day now.

I've played twenty out of fifty regular levels in Velocity 2X now, and it's a very well done port. Game is still great. Here's some music:

I noticed Wandersong on the eShop. It looks appealing, but the problem it, The Gardens Between and other €20 games from small studios have is that the games are €20, making me wait for a while to see what the lasting consensus is instead of just dipping in like I'd do with a game that costs less than €10.

30 minutes ago, Spawn said:

Well, the Nintendo Labo Variety kit has been nominated for toy of the year. Not game. Toy. If this isn't a clear message for the "duhr 60 bucks for cardboard, what a stupid game" people, I don't know what is.

Let's be honest, there was no reasoning with those people in the first place. Those people are "special". How much work is it to do a little research about what a product actually is intended to be?

Spoiler

8 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Let's be honest, there was no reasoning with those people in the first place. Those people are "special". How much work is it to do a little research about what a product actually is intended to be?

Reveal hidden contents

Not to mention that the damn thing was even first revealed as something "for kids, and those who are kids at heart".

Not in a position to open the video right now. Luckily, the video title is very informative and I know Blazing Saddles by heart. 

How are you finding Valkyria Chronicles 4?

6 hours ago, Spawn said:

Not to mention that the damn thing was even first revealed as something "for kids, and those who are kids at heart".

Not in a position to open the video right now. Luckily, the video title is very informative and I know Blazing Saddles by heart. 

How are you finding Valkyria Chronicles 4?

The video is actually about racists, so it's a bit too far for Labo complainers. But I just love the way Gene says "you know... morons" and Cleavon busts up laughing.

I haven't started the full game of VC4 yet really, but I did launch the game and load the save from the demo. It awards one accessory and lets you continue the story where the demo ended. Very straightforward, so that's good.

Last night we had a fun little family experience with the Switch.

I was playing Xenoblade Chronicles 2 on TV mode, using the Pro Controller. I've said it before, but that controller is great. My 4-year-old daughter decided she was the "pink girl" (Pyra, who is actually red) and I was the player character Rex. Anyway, she thought that walking around looked fun, so she wanted a turn. I passed her the controller and let her move around for a bit, and she fell off a cliff and managed to land in a pond. She got a bit bored and she asked to play the "fishing game", which I think meant the Labo Variety Kit fishing game, but I didn't want to dig out the cartridge and cardboard. So I asked her if she wanted to play a snake game and she jumped on the idea. So I launched Snake Pass and she thought the game was hilarious. My wife asked why we were playing a game with a scary snake. She has a snake phobia, because it takes a rare person to see the snake in Snake Pass and not conclude "that snake is cute". Anyway, my daughter played Snake Pass for about 15 minutes and she had fun the whole time. She especially enjoyed slithering through water. I'll admit that I'm easily amused, but there's something magical about how easily preschoolers are amused. :)

One day I may just get my wife to play too. She likes Wii Sports bowling (I have the original and the Sports Club Wii U version, which reminds me, Nintendo needs to release a new version for Switch), but she and especially our daughter has trouble with the ball-release timing. We tried playing Infinite Minigolf and that's kind of simple but it can get complicated with the powerups and such.

Edited by MosesRockefeller
  • Like 1

On 9/22/2018 at 1:45 AM, MMX20 said:

Ya know, I am starting to dig the Online Service. I even got Sega Ages: Sonic the Hedgehog for Switch and loving it.

Though, there are some not so happy campers on NintendoLife in their comment sections and I don't understand the hate for the Switch's Online Service though I can understand some of it and hoped that the Online Service gets better in the future. But I don't pay much attention to the comment sections because there is no right or wrong answer between answers. But hey, this is the internet, there's bound to be toxic people on the site.

Sorry to dig up an old comment, but yeah, I'm doing it anyway.

NSO is pretty dodgy. I'm genuinely glad you're enjoying it, but...

The last couple days I've played a few hours of Splatoon 2 and funnily enough nothing is different, it's still running on the same P2P getup it was before, and I still end up timing out in the lobbies at least a couple of times per session... meanwhile Fortnite runs proper fine on Epic's own servers, every time.

Epic handle the servers on their game, and Epic's game works great. 

Nintendo don't handle any servers on any games other than their own, same goes for Xbox and PlayStation. This is how Epic was able to "accidentally" turn on cross play a fair few months back with Xbox and PlayStation, because it's ALL handled by the game makers. Why do you think some games' online goes down after only a year while Call of Duty 2 still rocks online well over a decade later fine? Because it's not just a blanket thing and it's all handled individually by the powers that be that control the game, NOT the platform holder. The platform holder's part in online gaming, ENTIRELY, is either gating it off, be that by bullshit paywalls or by refusing cross play with other platform holders, nothing else, they do NOTHING else.

So what you had with the Switch, is a year and a half as it should be, game makers releasing games with online, paying themselves to supply it with online, and the world continues to turn. But now, what you've got is Nintendo charging you a fee to continue to do that, all the while keeping ALL that money for themselves while the game makers have no extra income from all this extra charging. 

Obviously that's not cool, is it? Well, enter incentives. Nintendo's are lackluster as fuck

. Cloud back ups...for some games. Wow, awesome, I'd rather just put it on a USB, I mean, my fucking PS1 can have a storage device plug into it and move saves around, why can't you?

. 20 games... from 30 odd years ago. Wow, awesome, that offers such little value it makes Sony's 2 games a month (come March) seem like a steal. PS you don't own them.

That's it. The online infrastructure is no different than it was a year ago. A handful of old as fuck NES games being available to play (so long as you sign in at least once a week) while you continue to pay the rental fee of 30 a year is not good enough either. Cloud back ups? I'll give you that, it's not free to operate, but if you would just let us copy our stuff to the memory card, it wouldn't be such a sore point, but you don't. So there's another thing they deny.

While other companies offer incentives to pay for online like games that actually offer *some* value (albeit the level of value is debatable, though still eons above Switch's), respectable discounts for purchases, cloud saves on PS3/4/Vita (free on Xbox all together), and so on, Nintendo's online is really just restricting you.

They used to offer free online with the Wii, Wii U, and Switch, now they charge despite no improvements being made.

They used to offer the ability to back up your saves to memory cards on Wii, Wii U, and Switch, now they charge for limited online backups and hold your saves hostage.

They used to offer services like Miiverse, Netflix, PictoChat and so on, now they offer nothing AND charge for their scaled back online platform.

They used to offer a service called Virtual Console that would let you buy a tonne of old school games, now your only option is renting a handful of NES games nearly 2 years in.

I'm glad you enjoy it, but I defy you to point me to one single genuinely defensible point. Also sorry for being over the place, it's 1AM yo.

• Like 1

Actually, for a single Switch account, it costs $20 a year for a yearly subscription. For a family yearly subscription, it cost more than the single one. So you're a bit off on your map, but I understand why you're not happy with the NSO. But I will enjoy it and I firmly believe that they add SNES games and more in the future.

14 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

While other companies offer incentives to pay for online like games that actually offer *some* value (albeit the level of value is debatable, though still eons above Switch's), respectable discounts for purchases, cloud saves on PS3/4/Vita (free on Xbox all together), and so on, Nintendo's online is really just restricting you.

They used to offer free online with the Wii, Wii U, and Switch, now they charge despite no improvements being made.

They used to offer the ability to back up your saves to memory cards on Wii, Wii U, and Switch, now they charge for limited online backups and hold your saves hostage.

They used to offer services like Miiverse, Netflix, PictoChat and so on, now they offer nothing AND charge for their scaled back online platform.

They used to offer a service called Virtual Console that would let you buy a tonne of old school games, now your only option is renting a handful of NES games nearly 2 years in.

I'm glad you enjoy it, but I defy you to point me to one single genuinely defensible point. Also sorry for being over the place, it's 1AM yo.

A minor correction - savegame backup to memory cards was never available on Switch. Change that to 3DS and you're golden. Although that isn't a "used to" either - those options still work on those 3 systems. The only services that have really gone away is the eShop on Wii, and Miiverse on 3DS and Wii U.

To your point about Nintendo Switch Online, I think they may eventually start offering discounts for the eShop. That would be a good incentive.

One other note about the free games with these services. So far Xbox still manages to have decent offerings most months, but Sony has really taken a downhill turn. Honestly I think 20 NES games is better than October's PS+ games. And if that's not enough, soon Sony is going to cut out PS3 and Vita games, and I think people are fools if they think the PS4 offerings will improve when that happens. I won't be surprised if the Xbox offerings get worse in the future too. That still doesn't let Nintendo off the hook, but at least for PS+, the glory days of getting great games are almost entirely a thing of the past. And as has been pointed out here repeatedly, Nintendo should start offering SNES, N64, and GB games to Switch Online.

There are relatively simple ways for Nintendo to make it a good offering. Time will tell if they do or if they stick to the current version.

3 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

A minor correction - savegame backup to memory cards was never available on Switch. Change that to 3DS and you're golden. Although that isn't a "used to" either - those options still work on those 3 systems. The only services that have really gone away is the eShop on Wii, and Miiverse on 3DS and Wii U.

To your point about Nintendo Switch Online, I think they may eventually start offering discounts for the eShop. That would be a good incentive.

One other note about the free games with these services. So far Xbox still manages to have decent offerings most months, but Sony has really taken a downhill turn. Honestly I think 20 NES games is better than October's PS+ games. And if that's not enough, soon Sony is going to cut out PS3 and Vita games, and I think people are fools if they think the PS4 offerings will improve when that happens. I won't be surprised if the Xbox offerings get worse in the future too. That still doesn't let Nintendo off the hook, but at least for PS+, the glory days of getting great games are almost entirely a thing of the past. And as has been pointed out here repeatedly, Nintendo should start offering SNES, N64, and GB games to Switch Online.

There are relatively simple ways for Nintendo to make it a good offering. Time will tell if they do or if they stick to the current version.

Yeah. And as I said before, I heard a rumor that SNES games will be added to Switch Online in the future as the news article said that SNES games are possbily virtually confirmed for Switch Online. We should play the waiting game to see if that is true. Life can be unexpected sometimes.

I didn't get Nintendo Switch Online because most of my games are playing in single mode or offline vs. So it doesn't make much a difference to me. If they do add SNES or even N64 games within the next year I will gladly add that online service, but for now I literally have no use for it.

8 hours ago, MMX20 said:

Actually, for a single Switch account, it costs $20 a year for a yearly subscription. For a family yearly subscription, it cost more than the single one. So you're a bit off on your map, but I understand why you're not happy with the NSO. But I will enjoy it and I firmly believe that they add SNES games and more in the future.

Region differences, it's 30 here. And you can find Gold on sale for around 40 a year all the time here, I paid 43 last October for a year of Gold. Now sure, comparing sale prices isn't really fair and you'd be right to say that, but also, Nintendo are likely to never put their online service on sale, whereas Xbox and PlayStation actually try to compete to get your money, Nintendo will in all likelihood remain 30 a year for the system's life, or maybe even go up.

8 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Sorry, I did not mean to say that, 1AM and all, but at least it was an obviously incorrect thing, and not like we had to suss out if I was being serious or something :P

I think (and hope) they do too, but it took them a year and a half to decide to charge for online and add only the most basic of features in the meantime, seems like a "here's 10 dollars off any game for being an early bird and subbing for a year" coupon would have gone a long way. Not that they need to do that, they don't *really* need to do anything when you think about it, but if they actually want me to take them seriously, at the very least, they need to play keep up after taking a year and a half, after delaying it a couple times, after forgetting they said initially it would have SNES games too, and after putting a price tag on online for the first time ever. Xbox has had 15 odd years, they've got themselves sorted out, sure, but PlayStation has had only five and not only have they caught up in terms of offerings and "value for money" but they've actually innovated. Sure now they're going a bit downhill, but it was Sony who bundled games in every month before "Games with Gold" was a thing, it was Sony who constantly made extra sales happen before "Deals with Gold" was a thing, and so on. Actually competing is key if you wanna start charging for something you've done for free for ages is my main point, ESPECIALLY since Nintendo really aren't doing a single thing extra now that they're charging, in terms of online play.

Sony's games have been shit on the most part for years now. My last 2 years or so of Plus have only been there because we got some good deals on a couple of renewals and a friend who uses my account wanted Plus so she could play Battlefront online. I wouldn't pay for that crap either, and I'm not renewing Gold any time soon thanks to stumbling into a year or so of free Game Pass. Those guys being shit is shit, you're not wrong. But between them, Xbox offer 4 games a month, so 48 a year, 24 of which you actually own and keep forever. Sony offer around 5 or so on average, downsizing to 2 in March mind you, so that's 60 / 24 a year. Both companies, at the lower end when you look at where PS+ is going and what you *actually* own from Xbox, and both even with those concessions, still outnumber the current offering of Nintendo games. And these games aren't all old ass crap either. Imagine if PS+ decided it was gonna offer you 5 PS1 games a month and that was it, rather than the style of offerings they've done for years. People would flip, and the PS1 is a full 2 gens newer than NES. That'd be 60 a year, 60 games that are decently newer than the NES's offerings, 3 times the (current) overall amount of NES games, and the games would on the whole probably be better if not for the simple fact that 95% of PS1 games can't be beat within half an hour, whereas I'm by no means an NES expert and I've already clocked 5 or 6 of these NES/Switch games with little to no effort, or time. Hell, I've beat a few of them on a Nokia 3310, if you can work with those buttons, the games can't be all that intricate most of the time.

Here's my suggestion of one of those ways. Mind you I'm just some internet idiot, there's a million better ideas out there. But if they wanna gate off online, fine, whatever, everyone else does it anyways, but pull a Netflix, give us tiers. Sell various SNES, N64, and so on games, but offer them also in tiers. 

> For the people who mostly want online, Online plus NES - 20 a year (MY 20, not your 20, so if mine's dropping a third, yours would be down to 14 or so)

>> SNES + NES value pack - 30 a year, same NES library, and you can pick 5 (or 10 if feeling generous) SNES games that you can play for the length of your sub.

>>> Holy Trinity - 50 a year, all NES, 10 SNES, and 5 N64 games for length of sub

>>>> "Fuck it, just give us your money" - 80 a year (PSN/XBL's full RRP here) and you can play any and every Virtual Console Classic game available.

Pricing and amount of games can go either way, but I think that'd be the best way to do it, at least for my tastes. I'd throw 80 at them every year to just play every old game they put up for sale, and the people who want to straight up buy them wouldn't get shit on either as they currently are.

Welp, we're now a 2 Switch household.

Game sharing pushed us over the edge, plus a *very*  attractive deal that led to us paying about 70 bucks for the whole console along with 12 or 13 Wii and 360 games we got for piss cheap. 

Had a good look at the model number and barcodes and everything and it's the same version as my launch model one, meaning if mine wants to die for whatever reason over the next year, we put it in Caitlyn's box and get a replacement one, no questions asked. More warranty / peace of mind is always welcome with me after the various console fails I've had over the years.

12 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Sony's games have been shit on the most part for years now. My last 2 years or so of Plus have only been there because we got some good deals on a couple of renewals and a friend who uses my account wanted Plus so she could play Battlefront online. I wouldn't pay for that crap either, and I'm not renewing Gold any time soon thanks to stumbling into a year or so of free Game Pass. Those guys being shit is shit, you're not wrong. But between them, Xbox offer 4 games a month, so 48 a year, 24 of which you actually own and keep forever. Sony offer around 5 or so on average, downsizing to 2 in March mind you, so that's 60 / 24 a year. Both companies, at the lower end when you look at where PS+ is going and what you *actually* own from Xbox, and both even with those concessions, still outnumber the current offering of Nintendo games. And these games aren't all old ass crap either. Imagine if PS+ decided it was gonna offer you 5 PS1 games a month and that was it, rather than the style of offerings they've done for years. People would flip, and the PS1 is a full 2 gens newer than NES. That'd be 60 a year, 60 games that are decently newer than the NES's offerings, 3 times the (current) overall amount of NES games, and the games would on the whole probably be better if not for the simple fact that 95% of PS1 games can't be beat within half an hour, whereas I'm by no means an NES expert and I've already clocked 5 or 6 of these NES/Switch games with little to no effort, or time. Hell, I've beat a few of them on a Nokia 3310, if you can work with those buttons, the games can't be all that intricate most of the time.

That's an interesting point. You're looking at it from a very mathematical viewpoint. I think what Nintendo is banking on, is gamers who consider NES games to be worth more than the indies and multiplayer games that Sony keeps throwing our way with PS+ (and for the most part lately we haven't even gotten good indies, we're getting low quality across the board - I don't think we'll ever see the likes of Hollow Knight on PS+ at this rate). From your perspective, PS1 games are newer and longer than NES games, and that would have more value. Personally, I see it a little differently. NES is a little too old for me to really get into now (except for a few timeless games like SMB3), but PS1 has the problem of being one of the first 3D generations. It's even harder for me to get into those games now. If you were offering me 20 PS1 games or 20 NES games, I'd go with the 20 NES games. But I'd rather have 20 games across multiple platforms - NES, SNES, N64, GBA, etc.

Anyway, long story short, Nintendo is definitely banking on the nostalgia factor with NSO. The NES Classic sold like hotcakes, so their logic is probably that NSO will be the same. We'll see if that pays off. Hopefully they do what we all want, and add in other console platforms also.

12 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Here's my suggestion of one of those ways. Mind you I'm just some internet idiot, there's a million better ideas out there. But if they wanna gate off online, fine, whatever, everyone else does it anyways, but pull a Netflix, give us tiers. Sell various SNES, N64, and so on games, but offer them also in tiers. 

> For the people who mostly want online, Online plus NES - 20 a year (MY 20, not your 20, so if mine's dropping a third, yours would be down to 14 or so)

>> SNES + NES value pack - 30 a year, same NES library, and you can pick 5 (or 10 if feeling generous) SNES games that you can play for the length of your sub.

>>> Holy Trinity - 50 a year, all NES, 10 SNES, and 5 N64 games for length of sub

>>>> "Fuck it, just give us your money" - 80 a year (PSN/XBL's full RRP here) and you can play any and every Virtual Console Classic game available.

Pricing and amount of games can go either way, but I think that'd be the best way to do it, at least for my tastes. I'd throw 80 at them every year to just play every old game they put up for sale, and the people who want to straight up buy them wouldn't get shit on either as they currently are.

I like that suggestion. Tiers could be a way for them to raise the price, and allow people to decide what the different generations are worth to them personally.

Okay, this is happening frequently enough now that I wanted to post it here and see if anyone else is seeing the same thing. Playing in Handheld Mode (mostly Xenoblade Chronicles 2), there have been a few times recently when I let my Switch go to sleep (e.g. if I'm on my lunch break at work and I go back to work). For some reason, the Switch is shutting down. When I notice it, I'll power it back on and the battery is nowhere near drained (e.g. around 60%). So far I haven't noticed it being really hot either, so I don't think it's overheating. I wonder why it's doing this? I don't always have the chance or ability to save the game before it goes to sleep, and it's frustrating to lose progress.

8 hours ago, Eyjabria said:

Anyone played Wandersong yet and how did you find it? It has gotten pretty good reviews so far. Not sure if I'm willing to pay full price due to some reported technical issues in the game but I'm definitely interested.

I literally came to the tread to say I decided to take the plunge on Wandersong. It looks so unique, it's been getting good/great reviews and it reportedly has quite a bit if runtime ("expected" 14 hours, so I'm betting on ten to twelve). Contrast this with The Gardens Between, which is mildly appealing to me but doesn't really make me jump up, especially now that I know it's an €20 game that only lasts for about two to three hours.

I'll play for at least an hour somewhere this weekend and I'll come back to you with my thoughts.

... Also decided fuck it, I'm buying Super Mario Party even if I'll end up playing mostly on my own. I loved the N64 Partty games and I want some of that magic.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Spawn said:

... Also decided fuck it, I'm buying Super Mario Party even if I'll end up playing mostly on my own. I loved the N64 Partty games and I want some of that magic.

Since you have played several of the previous Party games, do you know if any of the minigames involve the players using the controller at the same time? I think the board game is turn-based, right? I read that the game doesn't support the Pro Controller, and I'm wondering if my 2 Joy-cons technically limits the game to 2 players. 

3 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Since you have played several of the previous Party games, do you know if any of the minigames involve the players using the controller at the same time? I think the board game is turn-based, right? I read that the game doesn't support the Pro Controller, and I'm wondering if my 2 Joy-cons technically limits the game to 2 players. 

As far as I know, one joy-con a player, and multiple players always used to be one controller each because you're playing minigames at the same time even if the board game is in turns. Of course, you could be doing only solo/2P minigames in turns, but seeing as you have a wife and kid who occasionally game, I'd say Super Mario Party would be the moment for you to buy an extra set of joy-cons. Mario Party games are very cheery and fun safe games with short minigames that always explain what you're about to do and even give the option to do a try-out (unless they changed this).

Now that I'm here anyway, @Eyjabria, I've played about thirty to forty minutes of Wandersong and I'm enjoying it a lot. As reviewers already said, don't go looking for a challenge, this is just a funny little quirky game that's doing something you haven't really seen before and probably won't soon see again. I've taken an immediate liking to the game and for now I'm happy I've taken the leap.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Spawn said:

Now that I'm here anyway, @Eyjabria, I've played about thirty to forty minutes of Wandersong and I'm enjoying it a lot. As reviewers already said, don't go looking for a challenge, this is just a funny little quirky game that's doing something you haven't really seen before and probably won't soon see again. I've taken an immediate liking to the game and for now I'm happy I've taken the leap.

Sounds like a fun game I could like. Thanks for your impressions on it! I've enjoyed stress-free, laid-back games as well as some weirder games that dare to deviate from the norm (Kirby Star Allies, Hohokum, Journey, Flower...). I might get Wandersong soon once I finish playing Pokémon HeartGold on 3DS.

Further salt in the Nintendo Online wounds, they want 30 bucks here for a year

I wasn't gonna bother renewing my Xbox Gold which expires in a couple weeks, I just found it on sale through CDKeys, a year of Gold for 35.59. If you like their Facebook page you get 5% off that too, so $33.81... I forgot to do the like thing, so I paid the full thing, but there you go, Nintendo's online here is right now only $3.86 cheaper than a year of Xbox.

On the plus side, I've finally given Super Mario 3 a chance thanks to online and it's quite alright. Still prefer the original so far (but I don't see any 2D Mario ever topping SMB for me), but it's definitely a step up. The visuals, the level design, enemy variety and power ups, the visuals again, it almost looks like an early SNES game. Dig it. 

19 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Further salt in the Nintendo Online wounds, they want 30 bucks here for a year

I wasn't gonna bother renewing my Xbox Gold which expires in a couple weeks, I just found it on sale through CDKeys, a year of Gold for 35.59. If you like their Facebook page you get 5% off that too, so $33.81... I forgot to do the like thing, so I paid the full thing, but there you go, Nintendo's online here is right now only $3.86 cheaper than a year of Xbox.

On the plus side, I've finally given Super Mario 3 a chance thanks to online and it's quite alright. Still prefer the original so far (but I don't see any 2D Mario ever topping SMB for me), but it's definitely a step up. The visuals, the level design, enemy variety and power ups, the visuals again, it almost looks like an early SNES game. Dig it. 

It really is a preference, especially depending on which one you played first. Mario 3 is a fantastic game overall