Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

205 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

3 hours ago, Cthulhu said:

I had to laugh at this screen on the eShop. My wife thought it was stupid.

That screenshot was on the Nintendo.com website right after the game was announced in the Direct, and it cracked me up then. Sure, it's stupid, but it's also funny.

That's the problem with backlogs - you never know when there's a better sale on.

Lucky you, this game is cheap anyway, and if it ends up being good it's not too bad that you sponsored the devs a bit more.

Yeah, I got it for $7 I think? I've bought enough games in PSN sales right before they went on sale, that I have gotten used to that. I don't let it bother me. Anyway, I loved Thomas Was Alone (which needs a Switch port by the way) and Volume (it would also make a good Switch port) by the same developer, so Subsurface Circular was a must-buy for me once it came to Switch.

I love meat and I'm trying to eat less of it. All meats in our house are biological these days, and we order a lot from a company that has farmers only kill the animals once they've been 100% sold - so free range animals, zero product wasted.

I'm not particularly healthy (I never make time to exercise, and I like snacking), but giving up meat wasn't this insurmountable task for me. It was just a moderate tweak to my diet. I'd have a much harder time giving up all sweets, or carbs, or dairy.

Anyway, good on you for starting a process, even if you don't end up giving up meat completely. Everyone is different, some vegetarians eat fish, some eat no animals of any kind (e.g. me), and some eat no byproducts from any animals. I think it's always possible to find someone at a higher level of abstinence.

Haven't played it yet except for the first minute to see (and I don't like that I have to wait ten days before I can see how many hours in I am so I always boot up new games).

I bought it just based on the trailer. I was almost stopped by the mediocre reviews because a few mentioned a game breaking bug but after a bit more digging I found out that not only did they figure out the bug and had an update waiting for Nintendo's approval, they warned players before release through their own site and a reddit post, and posted a detailed way to avoid the game crash (it'd only happen if people took too long to defeat a certain boss so they posted the way to beat it). I figured that level of commitment is pretty cool and it's a shame if people miss out on a game simply because the reviews mentioned a bug that wasn't even in there any more.

I'm pretty sure I'll like the game a lot. Until what day is the sale for you? I got a few days off next week, I could give the game a go if it helps.

That is a cool bit of extra commitment from the developers. I don't pay too much attention to reviews these days, so I find word-of-mouth more helpful. I can't tell from the website when the sale ends. In fact I'm not sure that even shows in the Switch eShop itself. I'll check when I get home though.

Also, because I have no self-control, I abandoned my new "don't buy games I've already played before on other consoles" policy and grabbed LEGO City Undercover on Switch. Maybe I can limit myself to just replaying the story though, and skipping the 100% completion grind.

Edited by MosesRockefeller

That reminds me, @Super-Fly Spider-Guy you talked about physical being cheaper than digital sometimes. I haven't seen that on newly released games yet, but I've seen the opposite plenty on non-AAA games. Just today I noticed Yoku's Island Express is €40 physical here instead of the digital €20. If West Of Loathing goes physical, again I doubt it'll be €9 like it is digitally.

2 hours ago, Cthulhu said:

Digital should always be cheaper as you can't sell it on unless you're selling your account, and there's zero manufacturing involved, it's just downloading the game code. However, to me it's got other advantages we already discussed.

That's the problem. Digital games should be cheaper due to no manufacturing costs but the price always stays the same, even after many years.

For example GTA 5 is still 69.99€ digital but I can get it for 22.99€ physical on Amazon. If there's no sale in the digital shops of the consoles it mostly cheaper to wait a few months and get the physical version of a game.

I also read that Switch physical game are that expensive because of the hight costs for the cards. But again you can get them cheaper a few months later. I paid 47.99€ for Xenoblade Chronicles 2 only about half a year later. Thats 12€ less than the digital version.

3 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

That's the problem. Digital games should be cheaper due to no manufacturing costs but the price always stays the same, even after many years.

For example GTA 5 is still 69.99€ digital but I can get it for 22.99€ physical on Amazon. If there's no sale in the digital shops of the consoles it mostly cheaper to wait a few months and get the physical version of a game.

Well, of course the other side of the coin is that physical stuff is taking up space and needs to be moved to make place for newer games. Digital games go on sales - GTA V was €25 digital, over here physically it's still €40 new or €35 used.

3 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I also read that Switch physical game are that expensive because of the hight costs for the cards. But again you can get them cheaper a few months later. I paid 47.99€ for Xenoblade Chronicles 2 only about half a year later. Thats 12€ less than the digital version.

If it's a game I love, I wouldn't wait half a year for a 20% decrease in price, I'd get it right away. Hell, I could get any Assassin's Creed game at 50% if I'd wait half a year or so, but that's not worth the wait for me. At least not for the games I really want to play - Mass Effect Andromeda can already be gotten for €8 on a digital sale or €10 used at GameMania but it's just not pulling me in. I'd rather buy West Of Loathing for €9 digitally day one with that money. Don't care how much it'll be on sale later, €9 can't even buy me a pizza and I was interested in the game.

54 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

That screenshot was on the Nintendo.com website right after the game was announced in the Direct, and it cracked me up then. Sure, it's stupid, but it's also funny.

I played until the opening titles and it's super funny. Glad I bought it right away, interested to see where this goes.

Yeah, I got it for $7 I think? I've bought enough games in PSN sales right before they went on sale, that I have gotten used to that. I don't let it bother me. Anyway, I loved Thomas Was Alone (which needs a Switch port by the way) and Volume (it would also make a good Switch port) by the same developer, so Subsurface Circular was a must-buy for me once it came to Switch.

I didn't even know it was the same dev. Really liked Thomas Was Alone.

I'm not particularly healthy (I never make time to exercise, and I like snacking), but giving up meat wasn't this insurmountable task for me. It was just a moderate tweak to my diet. I'd have a much harder time giving up all sweets, or carbs, or dairy.

Yeah I snack too but at the very least I'm walking with the dog each day. I'm eating less meat now but I feel like it's okay to eat a little bit, if the animal didn't suffer. If we all started to eat a little bit less then that would already do wonders.

Anyway, good on you for starting a process, even if you don't end up giving up meat completely. Everyone is different, some vegetarians eat fish, some eat no animals of any kind (e.g. me), and some eat no byproducts from any animals. I think it's always possible to find someone at a higher level of abstinence.

Every so often I find myself making another change to better the environment. Recently, I stopped buying deodorant cans and went over to DO2 deodorant, which is crystals solved into water.we keep buying more and more stuff that's made biologically conscious.

That is a cool bit of extra commitment from the developers. I don't pay too much attention to reviews these days, so I find word-of-mouth more helpful. I can't tell from the website when the sale ends. In fact I'm not sure that even shows in the Switch eShop itself. I'll check when I get home though.

Also, because I have no self-control, I abandoned my new "don't buy games I've already played before on other consoles" policy and grabbed LEGO City Undercover on Switch. Maybe I can limit myself to just replaying the story though, and skipping the 100% completion grind.

Go for 100% if you like it so much! Undercover is not for sale on the Dutch eShop by the way. But the US always has better LEGO digital deals than the EU, somehow.

I've played a bit of The Way Remastered. It's a bit rough around the edges, but then again what €15 ambitious game isn't? I'm reminded of Another World slash Axiom Verge, except in this game it seems that it's going to be a conscious choice to go to - wel, another world. If you're into that kind of science fiction (alien planet/dimension, everything trying to kill you, weird views and cool music), this game might be for you.

Hey everyone, I want to buy a Switch but Im holding off for a good sale or bundle.

In the meantime, Im buying the must have acessories to have everything ready for it. I already got a 128GB Ultra Sandisk (on sale) and from what I've read I should get a Glass Screen Protector but I don't know which one to buy... Any recommendations? And is there anything else I should get?

6 minutes ago, JavaNext said:

Hey everyone, I want to buy a Switch but Im holding off for a good sale or bundle.

In the meantime, Im buying the must have acessories to have everything ready for it. I already got a 128GB Ultra Sandisk (on sale) and from what I've read I should get a Glass Screen Protector but I don't know which one to buy... Any recommendations? And is there anything else I should get?

Yes on the screen protector. I just got the one that was endorsed by the store where I bought my Switch.

128GB should last you a long time. I've been buying everything digital except two games since day one, still have everythjng on there and it's just now that I decided to move up to a 400GB one.

Are you going to play docked, handheld or both? If you're playing docked too, I'd recommend a pro controller. It's easily my favourite controller of the current console generation.

If you're going to do multiplayer with several other people, I'd recommend one additional joycon pair.

I personally also bought a car charger. Haven't used it much yet but we didn't have a car charger for anything and this one had a removable cable sk now we can also charge our phones and such.

A protector case is essential if you're planning on taking it with you outside the house at all.

Edited by Cthulhu
typo
  • Like 1

Spoiler
3 minutes ago, Cthulhu said:

Yes on the screen protector. I just got the one that was endorsed by the store where I bought my Switch.

128GB should last you a long time. I've been buying everything digital except two games since day one, still have everythjng on there and it's just now that I decided to move up to a 400GB one.

Are you going to play docked, handheld or both? If you're playing docked too, I'd recommend a pro controller. It's easily my favourite controller of the current console generation.

If you're going to do multiplayer with several other people, I'd recommend one additional joycon pair.

I personally also bought a car charger. Haven't used it much yet but we didn't have a car charger for anything and this one had a removable cable sk now we can also charge our phones and such.

A protector case is essential if you're planning on taking it with you outside the house at all.

I think 129gb should be plenty, how much space do average digital games take up? Oh and how are the install sizes for physical games?

I think ill use it both docked and handheld so the controller might be a good idea depending on how the joycon controller feels. Th pad that comes in box doesn't charge the joycons does it?

Multiplayer shouldnt be with more than two so I think im good there.

Right now Im not planning on taking anywhere but that could be subject change, so ill think about the charger and case down the road.

Thanks for the help.

2 minutes ago, JavaNext said:

think 129gb should be plenty, how much space do average digital games take up? Oh and how are the install sizes for physical games?

I've got... 58 games installed.

Biggest: L.A. Noire, 27.4GB. It's ridiculous.

Two games over 10GB (Skyrim at 14.5 and Hyrule Warriors at 12.9).

Four games in between 5GB and 7GB (Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, Super Mario Odyssey, Yooka-Laylee).

Thirteen games from 1GB to 4.2GB (amongst which Kirby Star Allies, Oxenfree, The Pinball Arcade, Golf Story).

That leaves 38 games that are under 1GB each (like Stardew Valley, Fast RMX, Death Squared, Völgarr The Viking) and six of those are less than 100MB.

So it kind of depends what you want to get, but a good rule of thumb is games on the Switch take less room than on the PS4. I've checked in the beginning, with Shovel Knight, Snake Pass and some others. L.A. Noire and that other Take Two game seem to be the exceptions proving the rule.

I think ill use it both docked and handheld so the controller might be a good idea depending on how the joycon controller feels. Th pad that comes in box doesn't charge the joycons does it?

Nope, it doesn't, but the Switch itself does charge the joycons.

Multiplayer shouldnt be with more than two so I think im good there.

Right now Im not planning on taking anywhere but that could be subject change, so ill think about the charger and case down the road.

Thanks for the help.

Yeah anything you may need is probably in good supply so anything except the glass protector can wait.

And you're welcome :)

1 hour ago, Cthulhu said:

Well, of course the other side of the coin is that physical stuff is taking up space and needs to be moved to make place for newer games. Digital games go on sales - GTA V was €25 digital, over here physically it's still €40 new or €35 used.

If it's a game I love, I wouldn't wait half a year for a 20% decrease in price, I'd get it right away. Hell, I could get any Assassin's Creed game at 50% if I'd wait half a year or so, but that's not worth the wait for me. At least not for the games I really want to play - Mass Effect Andromeda can already be gotten for €8 on a digital sale or €10 used at GameMania but it's just not pulling me in. I'd rather buy West Of Loathing for €9 digitally day one with that money. Don't care how much it'll be on sale later, €9 can't even buy me a pizza and I was interested in the game.

I still buy games at full price day one or near release but I prefere physical. Mainly because downloading takes pretty long on consoles for me. I normally only have a download speed of 2 MB/s.

Also I often buy games on a whimp when browsing Amazon or looking throught the shelfs in stores. Mostly that are the games I don't really am interessted in. So there's no problem for me buying them late after release.

55 minutes ago, JavaNext said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I think 129gb should be plenty, how much space do average digital games take up? Oh and how are the install sizes for physical games?

Normaly there is no install for physical games, except for the patches. There are exceptions though like L.A. Noire if I'm not mistaken. That's because the developer/publisher only bought the 16GB card instead of the 32GB one because of the lower costs.

3 hours ago, JavaNext said:

Here's the one I got: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N3ASPNV/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have exclusively used tempered glass screen protectors for about the past 2 or 3 years. They're so much better than any other kind. That being said, I got some non-removable smudges in mine. It doesn't bother me enough to change it (thankfully the marks are in the corners), but I'll eventually swap it out for the second protector in the set. 

8 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I still buy games at full price day one or near release but I prefere physical. Mainly because downloading takes pretty long on consoles for me. I normally only have a download speed of 2 MB/s.

Also I often buy games on a whimp when browsing Amazon or looking throught the shelfs in stores. Mostly that are the games I don't really am interessted in. So there's no problem for me buying them late after release.

Luckily I have a decent download speed these days.

I used to be years behind in games, oftend I'd be behind close to a whole console generation. Why buy for €60 a piece when you're a broke student and you can get three games for €25? Somewhere along with me getting a decent salary I slowly started to buy day one. At first only Rockstar and Assassin's Creed games, but it spread. Then PS4 was the first console I bought within a year of release, because I wanted ro keep getting Assassin's Creed day one. Then the Switch was the first console I got on release, mostly just because I felt like it (I didn't expect to like Zelda as much as I did and I didn't expect to use it as much as a handheld as I do now).

With the Switch, came the preferring of digital games. First was Mario Kart - it released on a Friday when I was still away for a short holiday with my wife and my parents, and I'd have people over on Saturday. I didn't see time to actually get the game I had pre-ordered in the shop until Sunday - and it's Mario Kart, which I'd keep playing every now and then anyway - so I downloaded it right away, I played a bit on Friday with my dad, and I played a bunch with the people on Saturday. After that, I still bought Mario+Rabbids physically (collector's edition) but the rest was bought digitally. I don't have to get out of my way to go to the shop, which is in a mall that doesn't allow me to take my dog with me (then at least we'd have our walk), and I never have to wait if I actually can't get to the sjop because I'm on a holiday - it's been many times that I was on a holiday during a high profile release.  Last year, I bought Death Squared and Bulb Boy right away, even though I was in Tuscany at the time - I just sat with the Switch near the camping's hotspot for half an hour and then during siesta I was playing co-op with the missus, instead of doing again one of the three non-electronic games we had brought with us.

Side note: we have a bigger car this year so we're bringing more non-electronic games :) but the Switch still comes with for my me-time.

9 hours ago, JavaNext said:

Oh and how are the install sizes for physical games?

8 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

Normaly there is no install for physical games, except for the patches. There are exceptions though like L.A. Noire if I'm not mistaken. That's because the developer/publisher only bought the 16GB card instead of the 32GB one because of the lower costs.

Forgot that question. Yeah L.A. Noire has a big install (ask @Super-Fly Spider-Guy how big it is at this point) but the upside of cartridge over disc is that the cartridge just works as an extension of the console itself. So no install, except when the game is bigger than the cartridge (L.A. Noire, DOOM) or when there's an updated version (since the Switch cartridges are read-only).

Also, I'm kind of tempted with using the remainder of my gold coins and buy the two Stern table packs. Every table pack (except the two small ones, containing three tables in total which I'm not interested in unless they're at least 50% off) together costs €78, which I would bring down to just under €58 plus gold coins. That's pretty acceptable to me and a great use of my points, this means that what's there now is one full game for one full game price plus two small DLC packs I'm not yet interested in.

Also, at this point I really wish Nintendo would make it so that I could put games in different maps already. I love my PS4 setup with maps like backlog, played through, 100% completed, PS+ backlog, PS+ played through, PSVR backlog... I want to do backlog and played through mals on the Switch.

Spoiler
15 hours ago, Cthulhu said:

I've got... 58 games installed.

Biggest: L.A. Noire, 27.4GB. It's ridiculous.

Two games over 10GB (Skyrim at 14.5 and Hyrule Warriors at 12.9).

Four games in between 5GB and 7GB (Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, Super Mario Odyssey, Yooka-Laylee).

Thirteen games from 1GB to 4.2GB (amongst which Kirby Star Allies, Oxenfree, The Pinball Arcade, Golf Story).

That leaves 38 games that are under 1GB each (like Stardew Valley, Fast RMX, Death Squared, Völgarr The Viking) and six of those are less than 100MB.

So it kind of depends what you want to get, but a good rule of thumb is games on the Switch take less room than on the PS4. I've checked in the beginning, with Shovel Knight, Snake Pass and some others. L.A. Noire and that other Take Two game seem to be the exceptions proving the rule.

Nope, it doesn't, but the Switch itself does charge the joycons.

Yeah anything you may need is probably in good supply so anything except the glass protector can wait.

And you're welcome :)

15 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

12 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Here's the one I got: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N3ASPNV/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have exclusively used tempered glass screen protectors for about the past 2 or 3 years. They're so much better than any other kind. That being said, I got some non-removable smudges in mine. It doesn't bother me enough to change it (thankfully the marks are in the corners), but I'll eventually swap it out for the second protector in the set. 

Well that pretty much answers all my questions. Im still on the fence about going digital or not but we shall see. 

It's pretty interesting to let developers choose between card capacities for their games. 

And as for games Im mostly interested in exclusive titles like Zelda, Mario and Bayonetta 2 and 3.

Now Im just hoping they announce a good bundle at E3 :D  This will be my first Nintendo console!

Tried the Mario Tennis Aces demo today. You can play a tutorial, practice matches against CPU and compete in online matches against other players. There are a few characters available initially, Mario, Peach, Yoshi and Bowser. It seemed like you might be able to unlock more characters in the demo but I'm not sure. It's enough to play one match vs CPU to unlock the Mario costume for the full game. 

Played one online match and did really well until my racket broke in 3rd game. :facepalm:

For some reason they didn't include the motion control Swing Mode in the demo. I would have been interested in trying it out. Otherwise the game seemed pretty fun even though I didn't master all the special mechanics very well yet.

6 hours ago, JavaNext said:
  Hide contents

Well that pretty much answers all my questions. Im still on the fence about going digital or not but we shall see. 

It's pretty interesting to let developers choose between card capacities for their games. 

And as for games Im mostly interested in exclusive titles like Zelda, Mario and Bayonetta 2 and 3.

Now Im just hoping they announce a good bundle at E3 :D  This will be my first Nintendo console!

I'm in the middle. Some physical, some digital. Just like PS4 and Vita. You don't have to go all the way to one side (although that is also an option, but some games are digital only, while no games to my knowledge are physical only). 

There are plenty of exclusives to enjoy. I strongly recommend Mario+Rabbids, Super Mario Odyssey, and Zelda Breath of the Wild. I haven't started Bayonetta 2 yet but I loved the first one. 

A good bundle would be nice, but you should have realistic expectations. The only time Nintendo has sold bundles or standalone consoles at a discount in the past few generations, has been either after they have been out for a long time, or when console sales have not been great. Neither of those things is true of the Switch, and it will probably stay that way for several more years. So don't get your hopes up too much for that. 

4 hours ago, Eyjabria said:

Tried the Mario Tennis Aces demo today. You can play a tutorial, practice matches against CPU and compete in online matches against other players. There are a few characters available initially, Mario, Peach, Yoshi and Bowser. It seemed like you might be able to unlock more characters in the demo but I'm not sure. It's enough to play one match vs CPU to unlock the Mario costume for the full game. 

Played one online match and did really well until my racket broke in 3rd game. :facepalm:

For some reason they didn't include the motion control Swing Mode in the demo. I would have been interested in trying it out. Otherwise the game seemed pretty fun even though I didn't master all the special mechanics very well yet.

The points you accumulate unlock characters in the demo (but I don't think they transfer to the main game). For example, I did the tutorial (which I lost), 1 practice match against the CPU that I won (10 points), and 1 online match (28 points). The first character unlocks at 100 points. There are links online that will show which points unlock which characters, but I'll let you look it up in case you want to be surprised. The game is pretty fun, but it took me a while to get decent at (which is why I failed the tutorial). I'll probably unlock the first character and stop there. I'd say I'm 75% likely to get the full game at this point. 

I like the way you have to unlock characters by playing. That's how Mario Kart 8 (but not Mario Kart 8 Deluxe) did it. I spent less time playing MK8D because of that. I'm not motivated to unlock kart parts, but I am motivated to unlock characters. It's still a good party game but I like the character unlock mechanic of the Wii U version better. 

Edited by MosesRockefeller

5 hours ago, Eyjabria said:

Well I might be a minority on this. But I liked the last Mario Tennis game which was Mario Tennis Open for Nintendo 3DS was a decent game. However, I expected it to be better. Like Mario Tennis Power Tour on GBA was a childhood favorite of mine. So I hope Mario Tennis Aces is going to be the Mario Tennis game that will be the ultimate Mario Tennis game. Unlike Mario Tennis Ultra Trash.

1 hour ago, MosesRockefeller said:

The points you accumulate unlock characters in the demo (but I don't think they transfer to the main game). For example, I did the tutorial (which I lost), 1 practice match against the CPU that I won (10 points), and 1 online match (28 points). The first character unlocks at 100 points. There are links online that will show which points unlock which characters, but I'll let you look it up in case you want to be surprised. The game is pretty fun, but it took me a while to get decent at (which is why I failed the tutorial). I'll probably unlock the first character and stop there. I'd say I'm 75% likely to get the full game at this point. 

I like the way you have to unlock characters by playing. That's how Mario Kart 8 (but not Mario Kart 8 Deluxe) did it. I spent less time playing MK8D because of that. I'm not motivated to unlock kart parts, but I am motivated to unlock characters. It's still a good party game but I like the character unlock mechanic of the Wii U version better. 

Ah, I see. I might play a bit more tomorrow to unlock a new character then. Thanks for the tip! 

I lost my first practice match but on my 2nd try I somewhat figured out which button does what. I'm even a bit proud of myself I managed some blocks in my first online match and did so well against a more advanced player who had gathered over 800 points already. :blush:

I'm still a bit unsure if I'll get the game at launch because I didn't have a chance to try out the Swing Mode and I don't know if 2 players can play local co-op vs CPU. We're looking forward to playing co-op together with husbando and I have a feeling the game is heavily centered around the online multiplayer and maybe doesn't offer terribly much single player content.

10 minutes ago, The Titan said:

Well I might be a minority on this. But I liked the last Mario Tennis game which was Mario Tennis Open for Nintendo 3DS was a decent game. However, I expected it to be better. Like Mario Tennis Power Tour on GBA was a childhood favorite of mine. So I hope Mario Tennis Aces is going to be the Mario Tennis game that will be the ultimate Mario Tennis game. Unlike Mario Tennis Ultra Trash.

I hadn't played any Mario Tennis games before. I'm surprised how fun the gameplay was in the Aces demo.

2 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

A good bundle would be nice, but you should have realistic expectations. The only time Nintendo has sold bundles or standalone consoles at a discount in the past few generations, has been either after they have been out for a long time, or when console sales have not been great. Neither of those things is true of the Switch, and it will probably stay that way for several more years. So don't get your hopes up too much for that. 

Note that many stores are selling bundles already, with Mario Kart or with Super Mario Odyssey mostly if I recall correctly. They're going on wee bit sales but not too much.

1 minute ago, MarkusT1992 said:

Has anyone already tried Smoke and Sacrifice?

I just read a small review describing it as Zelda + The Last of Us, but I'm not sure wether to buy it or not.

I always check all releases on the eSho. Smoke and Sacrifice's image interested me enough to open its page but the images and vid didn't do it for me.

I also wonder what the hell it has that makes a review compare it to The Last Of Us.

28 minutes ago, Cthulhu said:

I always check all releases on the eSho. Smoke and Sacrifice's image interested me enough to open its page but the images and vid didn't do it for me.

I also wonder what the hell it has that makes a review compare it to The Last Of Us.

I checked the review again and it's because of the dangerous environment. It seems that not only the normal enemies are a danger but also everything else,

They say it's a combination of a fantasy RPG and Survival Horror. Not sure how accurate that is though.

Well, @MosesRockefeller will be proud of me.

I decided that I'd buy the two Bayonetta games after all, partly to have some more action games for the summer instead of just platformers and pinball and partly because the new God Of War was too slow and didn't have enough combat (so it's been a while since I played a really satisfying frantic hack and slash game).

Next to that, I decided to take a chance with Yoku's Island Express, a pinball MetroidVania adventure game. It just seems so cool...

After all that, I bought the two Stern table packs for The Pinball Arcade. Now paid under €53 for all the Gottlieb and Stern packs, which makes it one pretty good filled game. Bring on the DLC, hopefully the Williams/Bally licence will eventually be regained.

26 minutes ago, Cthulhu said:

Next to that, I decided to take a chance with Yoku's Island Express, a pinball MetroidVania adventure game. It just seems so cool...

I've been seeing more and more of this game lately, people talking about it here and on other sites.  I love metroidvania's and don't really have anything against pinball... I may have to put it on the wishlist myself (physical copy of course).