GTA Online: Character Transfer Support Ending

HeySumbode

44 minutes ago, Xgamersurvivor said:

Is there any way to contact them, if they could transfer your account? i mean if its because of hacked accounts, they could just check your profile and let you transfer it, right?

You can contact them, but they'll say no, they'll tell you that you had more than enough time to transfer

On 3/16/2017 at 7:30 PM, SnowxSakura said:

You can contact them, but they'll say no, they'll tell you that you had more than enough time to transfer

That is super unfair for the players who haven't played in a while and who have never ever cheated/modded anything in the game. It is actually bullsh*t. I actually don't blame people who start hacking and going in a modded lobbies because of this.

Edited by Amonares

Just now, Dark Prince said:

That is super unfair for players who haven't played in a while and who have never ever cheated/modded anything in the game. It is actually fucking bullshit. It's a perfect reason for me to start hacking and going in modded lobbies now because of that.

I agree with you, but I've asked in the past and they stick by their terrible consumer practices, they don't give a crap about the playerbase at all

It's kinda funny to see these post saying "this is so unfair" and so on

Rockstar gave you more than 2 years to transfer, and announced the discontinuation of this service with more than 30 days still available to transfer, many posts in these forums, announcements etc..

Why didn't you transfer earlier?! 

I got the game a couple weeks before the announcement because I had the feeling that the end of transfer would be soon, as hackers were making money with hacked accounts for PS4 and Rockstar had to stop it.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dark Prince said:

That is super unfair for players who haven't played in a while and who have never ever cheated/modded anything in the game. It is actually fucking bullshit. It's a perfect reason for me to start hacking and going in modded lobbies now because of that.

So you think it's OK to become a hacker because you screwed up? Pretty sad.

• Like 3

On 3/16/2017 at 9:30 PM, charlijaen said:

Rockstar gave you more than 2 years to transfer, and announced the discontinuation of this service with more than 30 days still available to transfer, many posts in these forums, announcements etc..

I got the game a couple weeks before the announcement because I had the feeling that the end of transfer would be soon, as hackers were making money with hacked accounts for PS4 and Rockstar had to stop it.

Because I didn't have the PS4 version and it's not the only game I play in my life to see all the news about it.

On 3/16/2017 at 10:18 PM, Floorkiller74 said:

So you think it's OK to become a hacker because you screwed up? Pretty sad.

The only thing that's sad is you not understanding that they basically stole over 100 hours of my life on that character (I have even bought 2 shark cards so you can add $40 more to that) + they did this whole thing because of the hackers (That are even present in a PS4 version of GTA: Online as well) which I am not. I have never ever hacked/modded/cheated in GTA: Online, got GTA 5 platinum legitimately and then took a break from GTA. And now you think I should be punished for that by being unable to transfer my legitimately earned work from PS3 to PS4? And don't give me that bullsh*t 'You still have it on a PS3' because GTA: Online on a PS3 is, as we all know, dead and nobody plays it. If every player was able to do it until March 5th others should too. They should have never ever made this thing no matter what because it's completely ripping off their returning players. There were way more simpler ways of stopping the hackers (Who, as I've said, did not disappear) than by ripping off their returning players. This is absolutely disgusting.

Btw, I screwed up? How's that? Because I was late 10 days so now you can take my 100+ hours of work and real money invested in it? Interesting logic.

Edited by Amonares

Look, I'm not defending this, I'm not opposing this, I'm not even saying anything on either side of this.

All I am saying, is I have bought a shitload of games on PS3 that I have then bought again on PS4, or on PS2 and again on PS3, etc... and very few allow you to transfer anything ever. 

• Like 1

On 3/17/2017 at 0:27 AM, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Look, I'm not defending this, I'm not opposing this, I'm not even saying anything on either side of this.

All I am saying, is I have bought a shitload of games on PS3 that I have then bought again on PS4, or on PS2 and again on PS3, etc... and very few allow you to transfer anything ever. 

Yeah everyone could do it but I'm late 10 days so f*ck me and my 100 hours of life right?

Edited by Amonares

Yeah everyone could do it but I'm late 10 days so fuck me and my 100 hours of life right.. Some people don't even live 100 hours so I should be grateful, right.. Seriously, all of you would be perfect Rockstar employees.

wat?

I honestly have no idea what you're saying at all, like, at all.

You don't need to be grateful for anything, but if the game launched with no option for transferring your character you would have complained for a bit and moved on, either to do it again, or stick to PS3. Look dude, if you've waited this long, you were never going to do it. And if you've waited this long, why are you annoyed? You clearly got by.

On 3/17/2017 at 0:40 AM, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

wat?

I honestly have no idea what you're saying at all, like, at all.

You don't need to be grateful for anything, but if the game launched with no option for transferring your character you would have complained for a bit and moved on, either to do it again, or stick to PS3. Look dude, if you've waited this long, you were never going to do it. And if you've waited this long, why are you annoyed? You clearly got by.

I wouldn't complain at all in that case because then nobody would ever, at any point, be allowed to transfer anything. You don't understand because you're not in my position. It is a HUGE f*ck you from Rockstar.

Edited by Amonares

I wouldn't complain at all because then nobody would ever, at any point be allowed to transfer anything. You don't understand because you're not in my position. It is a HUGE Fuck You from Rockstar in short.

It's not a huge fuck you from them. It's them shutting down something due to hacking and shit, that they've already supported for longer than they had to.

And I do understand, because I was in a similar position to yours years ago, when I was going for the last of the GTA IV online trophies and the servers shut down. It sucked, but if I really cared I would have done it earlier and then I moved on with my life.

I got lucky though at least, because the servers popped back up for me, and who knows, they may re-enable character transferring down the road anyways.

1 minute ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

It's not a huge fuck you from them. It's them shutting down something due to hacking and shit, that they've already supported for longer than they had to.

And I do understand, because I was in a similar position to yours years ago, when I was going for the last of the GTA IV online trophies and the servers shut down. It sucked, but if I really cared I would have done it earlier and then I moved on with my life.

I got lucky though at least, because the servers popped back up for me, and who knows, they may re-enable character transferring down the road anyways.

Although at that point anyone could have easily re-done the trophies, rather than wait for a possibility of them re-enabling the transfers. I had to re-do everything since my character was transferred at level 12 and they refused to let me transfer again. It is easier on the ps4 because of how many more jobs you can do on it for RP.

Edited by SnowxSakura

I'm not playing this game from rank 1 with no house/cars/cash/clothes all over again. I have bought it for PS4 with a goal to enjoy in all the things I have previously owned (Like everyone else until 10 days ago) and chill on the current gen version with everything already achieved and owned. There is no other option than to sell the game and be left with an insane amount of disappointment in Rockstar because I planned on playing this game for a long time.

Edited by Amonares

1 minute ago, SnowxSakura said:

Although at that point anyone could have easily re-done the trophies, rather than wait for a possibility of them re-enabling the transfers. I had to re-do everything since my character was transferred at level 12 and they refused to let me transfer again. It is easier on the ps4 because of how many more jobs you can do on it for RP.

Easily? Do you know how much shit was involved in GTA IV's online trophies? You had to do like every race, then do it backwards, then every mission, and under a certain amount of time, then this and that and then grinding to level 10 (which took me a LOT more effort than level 100 in GTA V) GTA IV honestly was way more effort than GTA V in terms of online achievements.

And yeah, that sucks dude, but it's not like Rockstar did it to spite people like you. The transfer thing is clearly setup and hides nothing. That's not Rockstar actively being assholes to their users or anything.

1 minute ago, Dark Prince said:

I'm not playing this game from lvl 1 with no house/cars/cash/clothes all over again. I have bought it with a goal to enjoy in all the things I have previously owned (like everyone else until 10 days ago) and chill on the current gen version of Online with everything already achieved and owned. The difference is now that there is no other option than to sell the game and be left with insane amount of disappointment in Rockstar Games because I planned on playing this game for a long time. 

I'd recommend doing some AFK races to level up and get money quickly. Search for them in the Social Club website, you just tell the thing to do and tape down the R2 button and your car will constantly be looping through the thing earning a bunch of money and RP. Easiest way to rank up with little to no effort, and you can go play PS3 or make dinner or sleep or something while the thing keeps going. Not a perfect solution, but it's better than a massive grind sesh.

4 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Easily? Do you know how much shit was involved in GTA IV's online trophies? You had to do like every race, then do it backwards, then every mission, and under a certain amount of time, then this and that and then grinding to level 10 (which took me a LOT more effort than level 100 in GTA V) GTA IV honestly was way more effort than GTA V in terms of online achievements.

And yeah, that sucks dude, but it's not like Rockstar did it to spite people like you. The transfer thing is clearly setup and hides nothing. That's not Rockstar actively being assholes to their users or anything.

I'd recommend doing some AFK races to level up and get money quickly. Search for them in the Social Club website, you just tell the thing to do and tape down the R2 button and your car will constantly be looping through the thing earning a bunch of money and RP. Easiest way to rank up with little to no effort, and you can go play PS3 or make dinner or sleep or something while the thing keeps going. Not a perfect solution, but it's better than a massive grind sesh.

I was talking about GTA5 online in my post not 4, I guess I didn't word it the best. I do agree about 4 though

4 hours ago, charlijaen said:

Well, some people love to complain.

10 hours ago, charlijaen said:

I 100% agree with everything you say, people just have to deal with it closing, you've had your chance, if you miss out you do it legit or you just don't bother with it, simple 

• Like 2