Grand Trophy Hunting Olympics: Featuring the Elite of PSNP!

1 minute ago, BeautifulTorment said:

I think scoring should be adjusted in any future iterations od this event to avoid such an anti-climax. Only 1 team participating in the final event made for a really poor ending.

The scoring system was meant for 8+ teams that would constantly go head-to-head against each other. It doesn't really work when only a few teams are left competing, especially when a single team wins the first six events.

• Like 1

I think scoring should be adjusted in any future iterations od this event to avoid such an anti-climax. Only 1 team participating in the final event made for a really poor ending.

Do you have any particular method in mind? I think the anti-climactic finish was less a result of the scoring and more a result of one team winning 6 straight events. Tough to design a system where that can happen and the final result could (or even should, seeing as they won 75% of the events) be in doubt. I think the big problem was in scouting the elites as realistically at least 4 players on Unknown's team should've been elites in their own right, and at one point Couch was, so to have them all together like that was tough from a balancing standpoint.

3 minutes ago, fisty123 said:

That's a shame but I kinda thought this would be the response.

As previously mentioned I enjoyed this event more than others, most events I enter is basically a trophy whore fest or doing the same type of event for 1 - 3 months so to have more then one type of setup in a month it was more inviting and allowed other people to shine more (even if It did not turn out this way the option was there)

Was there issues, sure there was most events have them and once again I congratulate the both yourself and the admin for sticking with it as there were times where it looked like this would not go ahead.

Will I enter another event on this site, who knows if I get "scouted" then perhaps. I might look at the event section from time to time but I am no real rush to do so.

Once again thanks for the past month and the lead up to that month.

Glad you enjoyed it. You did great and should absolutely keep an eye out for other events!

• Like 1

Either have the final round worth 2x the points or tier all the rounds so that you add 2 or 3 points to the value of a round each time. Winner of round 1 gets 10, round 2 gets 13, round 3 gets 16 for example. Could be tweaked of course. Yes, it would make the earlier rounds mean a little less but it would make the tournament more exciting.

Either have the final round worth 2x the points or tier all the rounds so that you add 2 or 3 points to the value of a round each time. Winner of round 1 gets 10, round 2 gets 13, round 3 gets 16 for example. Could be tweaked of course. Yes, it would make the earlier rounds mean a little less but it would make the tournament more exciting.

Fun fact: I nearly did make the Final Round worth double points since it was the most impressive event to win. I thought people would complain, so I didn't. Looking back, I wish I did that to make things much more exciting.

• Like 1

Fun Fact: I totally didn't understood the score counting ?

1 hour ago, jem12345 said:

Sixth Elite: MrUnknown625 - 70

Fourth Elite: Andrea - 53

Third Elite: GarciaFever - 51

Second Elite: HcG Clawz - 22

First Elite: jem12345 - 10

Fifth Elite: Gibbo - 2

I thought that the sores were based of the amount of trophies and not the positions of the rounds :D

But this event was awesome, it was the first time that I participated in a Trophy Race. Seeing countless other events (in the beginning when I joined PSNP) really motivated ME. And this was an amazing opportunity.

Furthermore, it sky-rocketed my PSN stats :platinum: ?

Also a congrats to the admins of this event for managing this whole Olympics ? P.S. My final question: What happened to elite Zanza?I once received a message from him regarding some "elite" things …:hmm:

Edited by Pixel-DRAGON-
For some reasons there's a white box in my text that I can't delete -_-
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jem12345 said:

Third Elite: GarciaFever - 1,233 minutes

1. Satoshi Ookami - 1,591 minutes

2. BeautifulTorment - 22 minutes

3. fisty123 - 1,635 minutes

4. I Am Error - 103 minutes

5. Pixel-CAT- - 990 minutes

Total - 5,574 minutes

Do I actually want to ask how was this counted?

30 minutes ago, jem12345 said:

Fun fact: I nearly did make the Final Round worth double points since it was the most impressive event to win. I thought people would complain, so I didn't. Looking back, I wish I did that to make things much more exciting.

Heh... how could anyone complain about absolutely valid rule?

And I'm not saying this because our team won, but because it makes most sense.

3 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Do I actually want to ask how was this counted?

Heh... how could anyone complain about absolutely valid rule?

And I'm not saying this because our team won, but because it makes most sense.

That's another reason why the scores were so late. None of the admins (including myself) wanted to even touch this. Thankfully, when I finally did it, counting was much simpler than it seemed to be.

After all of the complaints I've received over the past few weeks, I wouldn't be surprised.

Edited by jem12345
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jem12345 said:

That's another reason why the scores were so late. None of the admins (including myself) wanted to even touch this. Thankfully, when I finally did it, counting was much simpler than it seemed to be.

That's why I indirectly (too indirect it seems xD) asked about the formula.

Is it Person 1 ends -> Person 2 finishes timespan?

3 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

That's why I indirectly (too indirect it seems xD) asked about the formula.

Is it Person 1 ends -> Person 2 finishes timespan?

Yes, as soon as person 1 ends, person 2's time starts.

Thanks for the competition! It was fun while it lasted! ✌️

13 hours ago, jem12345 said:

You all should've received your prizes by now. Congrats to the Fourth Elite too for coming in second. If you haven't received your prize already, you should have it within the next few hours.

Unless I'm missing something, where do I get it? From PM? ?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, gary_danial said:

Thanks for the competition! It was fun while it lasted! 270c.png

Unless I'm missing something, where do I get it? From PM? 1f615.png

Yeah, you'll be pm'd the codes. I didn't have my cards on me when I was sending out the rest of the codes earlier, so I'm doing it now. Just wait about five minutes.

• Like 1